Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 4, 2016 12:40 AM

Jul 2016
Before, I also don't read manga. But I still prefer the anime because it have seiyuu, animation and sounds unlike manga you need to use your imagination. But some of the manga turns to anime are not as is, unlike other anime that whatever is written in manga is translated to anime. For me, I think anime is only teaser in order for the viewer to read the manga.

atKatlinAug 4, 2016 12:43 AM
Aug 30, 2016 2:20 AM

Mar 2015
I like both.

Manga has a different 'feel' to it that I enjoy a lot. I also find it to be more convenient than anime.

Of course I like to see my fav manga animated too, particularly when it's fight scenes (those can be hard to get a grip on in manga)
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Sep 2, 2016 5:26 AM
May 2011
both are great; i read manga more though bc there's a lot more content most of the time and its more accessible/easier to read in my situation hahaha
Sep 26, 2016 9:10 AM
Sep 2012
Mangas no doubt. They tend to have better quality, less censorship and lack of filler...and the feeling of having a volume in your hand is probably more satisfying than watching it on tv, but that's just personal opinion
Oct 1, 2016 10:26 PM
Jun 2014
In the past I liked them both with a varying tendency towards one of them.

But since a few years I can't watch most anime because imo the quality of many series really got worse in terms of animation and content.
Oct 2, 2016 7:16 AM

Oct 2015
i have always been a more of a reader than viewer, i do accept that both manga and anime have their merits and demerits, but
in my opinion most mangas are done better than their anime(though not always the case i have experienced it many times), but dont get me wrong sometimes the reverse is also true i personally have experience of that.
but the decision is in the end all up to you,
one suggestion is to experience both little bit and come to conclusion depending on that.
as for me manga>anime
Oct 2, 2016 8:34 AM
Apr 2015
Manga and LNs. i prefer it .more time efficient for me because i read fast and skip some paragraphs, id always deduce the minor details from my experience. I watch anime adaptations only for the visualization, it helps with your reading experience if you tend to get too immersed and start thinking kanahana(IMO the easiest to imagine in the sense of hearing) speaking the words and stuff.
Oct 2, 2016 11:06 AM

Oct 2016
I definitely prefer manga to anime. Part of that comes down to things like botched anime adaptations with sudden endings and filler, but mostly I just prefer manga as an art form. You can read at whatever pace you want, maybe take your time to look at a particularly important panel, or flick back a few pages to check information. When the pacing is off in anime (a common flaw in adaptations) it really annoys me. Plus I find it much easier to appreciate artwork in manga.

I've spent a fair amount of money on physical manga volumes but could never see myself buy an anime DVD. It would just seem like a waste of money to me, not sure why...
Oct 2, 2016 7:34 PM
Jul 2018
It depends on the time of day. If I watch anime at 4:00pm and read manga at 9:00pm, I'm more than likely going to enjoy the manga more than the anime, based on the time of day that I watch/read each one. Time has always greatly influenced my preferences. Ultimately though, when it comes to anime and manga, I like them equally, and like alternating between the two (or putting so much time into each one each day) because both have a lot of great aspects, and neither of them are a chore.
Oct 2, 2016 8:32 PM
Jul 2018
I always prefer reading a manga then watching an anime,since I am overall fan of reading anyway.
Also since manga has so much better to offer than anime.
Oct 2, 2016 8:35 PM

Apr 2014
I can't say that I'd prefer reading manga than watching anime and vice versa. Both are important. But if you say that you have never read manga/books, you should probably try it.
Oct 2, 2016 11:32 PM

Dec 2009
No because it's animation vs pages.
Yes because there are more mature/dark/psychological manga.

Plus there's a good argument of too many anime that were ruined or bad even as a stand alone anime because it was either rushed or did not follow the manga accurately.
Oct 3, 2016 8:37 PM

Oct 2015
If the series has good adaptation I would watch anime. If not I'll just read the original source.
Oct 3, 2016 9:43 PM
Nov 2013
It depends. Sometimes the animation is a really big deal for me. And without the animation and the colors, the plot just isn't the same. But other times, I just want a fast read and to set my own pace with things... I don't get that when I'm watching anime and the pacing is all controlled and everything.
Oct 4, 2016 1:57 AM

Feb 2016
I was always 100% anime fan and never understood why people read colorless pages with static images. Time passed and now im a huge manga fan and ditched anime a bit (i still watch it but not as much as in the past).

The thing is, Manga has plenty of crazy genres and series that sometimes are impossible to animate. Also some anime like to drag for so long with fillers or long talks and with manga it's a faster read so i can finish more series in less amount of time.

I started my manga journey with Gantz that i picked up just for fun when i was left with my small kid (he had 4 months back then) so i could not watch tv or move to do something so i decided to grab a manga and check it out. I got so hooked up that after 4 months i bought about 300+ volumes and read manga everyday.

Flydaez said:
If the series has good adaptation I would watch anime. If not I'll just read the original source.

May i ask from what's that signature from?
Oct 4, 2016 9:16 AM

Jul 2016
Whichever came first is the one I tend to read or watch first, and it's usually better. There are some exceptions where the anime is equally as good as the manga. There are also some far worse, and a few that are better, or provide a different experience
Manga raw? Do you love it? I am very love it, insteresting comic from Japan, It is a raw manga, means scan of manga, if you can do it, also you can earn a lot of money.
Oct 7, 2016 5:16 AM

Sep 2016
Anime and Manga has different qualities
Some parts of manga are better and that goes for anime too (vice versa)
Well as for me i think manga is better

If Love is blind , what do you call Love at first sight?

Oct 11, 2016 8:58 AM

Dec 2015
Yes because it's easier to read a manga than watch an anime. In anime..if you are busy or doing something it will be hard to watch since you might miss something or what the characters are saying.
Oct 12, 2016 12:17 PM
Nov 2013
It depends. But if I had to choose, yes. I generally tend to like manga more than anime. Which is also why I try my best not to read as many. They are extremely, extremely addicting. I had to go to great lengths just to put One Piece on hold it's absurd how obsessed with manga I can get.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Recently Bought Manga, Mahnwa, Manhua, or Light Novels. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maora - Oct 24, 2008

5948 by Azuchi »»
3 hours ago

» When and how did you get introduced to manga?

ColdBlackTeaFan - Yesterday

5 by dreamingneon »»
4 hours ago

» Why do you think MAL users don't read manga? ( 1 2 )

Nyron - Feb 7

64 by angelqie »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » The black and blonde effect

zozv - May 21, 2015

21 by bucciest »»
Yesterday, 9:08 PM

» What chapters in fireforce have fanservice

ZAIRETHEGUY - Jun 12

3 by Entity72 »»
Yesterday, 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.