Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 15, 2014 10:45 AM

May 2013
darkreaperix said:
Morisaki?
Uhm,Far strike is just a form of Gram Demolition,and he even had troubles at first with it,so what's your point?It's not like a new powerful magic he developed.

Wasn't Morisaki family known as pretty good bodyguards?
But it is a bit different. It is not targeting physical realm, but Idea itself. So how long he managed to learn it?
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Aug 15, 2014 11:01 AM

May 2014
jakkubus said:

But it is a bit different. It is not targeting physical realm, but Idea itself. So how long he managed to learn it?

A bodyguard from the hundred families could be called an elite in the field.And that's what he's family is known for.

for Farstrike
[spoiler]
ES gives him the ability to see the Information dimension,it's not like the 1st time he entered it it.He uses ES to use his Decomp magics because if he can't see it in ID he can't decompose it like Lina's Parade.He just needs to practice using Farstrike which is a form of GD in the ID.It wasn't a new magic that he needed to master in a few years.
Aug 15, 2014 11:21 AM

May 2013
darkreaperix said:
jakkubus said:

A bodyguard from the hundred families could be called an elite in the field.And that's what he's family is known for.

for Farstrike
[spoiler]
ES gives him the ability to see the Information dimension,it's not like the 1st time he entered it it.He uses ES to use his Decomp magics because if he can't see it in ID he can't decompose it like Lina's Parade.He just needs to practice using Farstrike which is a form of GD in the ID.It wasn't a new magic that he needed to master in a few years.
[/quote]
You are still avoiding my question.
Aug 15, 2014 11:28 AM

Feb 2013
The characters are extremely annoying. Simple as that.

Aug 15, 2014 1:19 PM
May 2013
jakkubus said:
darkreaperix said:

for Farstrike
[spoiler]

You are still avoiding my question.[/quote]

Morisaki and Tatsuya should not be compared, he is not the right person for this. Morisaki is talented but he is from the 100 families, Tatsuya is from the Master Clans, the best magicians of all Japans, only magicians of this class can compare to him.

He didn't master the technique easily that's for sure.
Aug 15, 2014 1:36 PM

May 2014
jakkubus said:

You are still avoiding my question.

2 things
-are you belittling being a bodyguard as a profession?
-already answered your question,but you are ignoring it to continue to bash and troll my post.so...

@ HomeAlone sometimes it's a hopeless case to reply to basher's they just ignore what you reply or get a wrong interpretation of your reply :)
Aug 15, 2014 1:53 PM
Jul 2014
Watching this last arc was sort of like if I had watched a DBZ arc where Goku was lobotomized after the Majin Buu arc and then competed in the world martial arts tournament against 15 humans. That's how much tension there was. I'm not sure if the writer was attempting to flip the genre on it's head or something by making the main character an undefeatable badass who outsmarts everyone without effort and has limitless amounts of overpowered magic, but it's really boring to watch.
Aug 19, 2014 3:38 PM

Mar 2013
gissellebatista said:
The characters are extremely annoying. Simple as that.
Aug 19, 2014 5:58 PM

Oct 2013

/thread
Toaki90Aug 19, 2014 6:03 PM
"Burn the heretics"
Aug 19, 2014 5:59 PM

Aug 2014
It's boring.
Sieg Zeon!
Aug 25, 2014 11:52 PM
Jul 2018
ive never seen a boring series since Super Sonico: The Animation, srsly, this is boring as fuck
Aug 26, 2014 2:03 AM

Aug 2013
So boring that you feel the need to stick around to say so?

If I dislike an anime that much, I usually don't go around the forums telling people that, I just go spend my time on some other anime.
Aug 26, 2014 9:02 AM

Aug 2014
ErenxMikasa said:

If I dislike an anime that much, I usually don't go around the forums telling people that, I just go spend my time on some other anime.

That's because you're an idiot. The thread ASKED what people's problems with this anime are. You're the one not on topic.
Sieg Zeon!
Aug 26, 2014 9:54 AM
Jun 2014
CLBGM said:
ive never seen a boring series since Super Sonico: The Animation, srsly, this is boring as fuck

Let me ask you something: "Why do you keep watching a boring episode till now, since I've seen you in every episode threads?? Don't you have better things to do than watching something you hate??" Also this thread ask a reason for the problem watchers has and you simple stated an opinion, since what you think is boring =/= what other think is boring :s

If you think that boring is a reason, than I would think one of the main problem is that you can't keep up with the anime??
TKMikeAug 26, 2014 10:01 AM
Aug 26, 2014 4:53 PM

Feb 2014
TKMike said:
CLBGM said:

Let me ask you something: "Why do you keep watching a boring episode till now, since I've seen you in every episode threads?? Don't you have better things to do than watching something you hate??" Also this thread ask a reason for the problem watchers has and you simple stated an opinion, since what you think is boring =/= what other think is boring :s

If you think that boring is a reason, than I would think one of the main problem is that you can't keep up with the anime??

You wouldn't able to tell a series good or bad to the fullest extent if you didn't finish it first. That's why he want to see all of the episodes. This type of question already been answered so many many times.

This thread asking for peoples "opinion" about this series problem and it seems you understand about that. So no more words needed.
Aug 26, 2014 10:43 PM

Jul 2010
Nidhoeggr said:

It's racist, sexist and extremely offensive for reasons that are mentioned all over this entire subforum. It shouldn't be too hard to get these obvious flaws.

I think Nidhoeggr's post pretty much sums up how I feel about this show. However, I'd also like to add that the show is incredibly generic and bland. Though, at the same time I feel compelled to watch the show because much like reading a bad book, I still want to figure out what happens. I have not read the LN and I have absolutely no intention of doing so.

I also feel the need to mention that the 'discussion' a few pages back was rather entertaining, not to mention immensely one-sided. Hahaha.
Aug 26, 2014 11:09 PM
Jul 2018
TKMike said:
CLBGM said:

1. im giving it a chance because i was about to drop it at ep 15, but i really enjoyed ep16-18, then the "boringness" appeared again. Also, its art and animation is one of the best (if not the best) ive ever seen.
2. i can state what i please, so gtfo.
3. dont yahave better things to do than replying hating posts like a retarded fanboy? :)
Aug 26, 2014 11:20 PM

Aug 2013
PencilSharpener said:
ErenxMikasa said:

That's because you're an idiot. The thread ASKED what people's problems with this anime are. You're the one not on topic.

You've missed my point. If I disliked an anime that much, I wouldn't even bother to look at the forums.

Apparently the series isn't bad enough for you to leave.
Aug 27, 2014 3:48 AM
Jun 2014
CLBGM said:

1. im giving it a chance because i was about to drop it at ep 15, but i really enjoyed ep16-18, then the "boringness" appeared again. Also, its art and animation is one of the best (if not the best) ive ever seen.
2. i can state what i please, so gtfo.
3. dont yahave better things to do than replying hating posts like a retarded fanboy? :)

1. Heey sexybaai that calls names for no particulair reasons, just drop it please. You can know it by now that it isn't the type of anime you like. Just wait till the last two episodes or something if you only like the final episodes of each arc :s

2. State it somewhere else, because this thread isn't asking for what your opinion about the anime is, but the reason/cause.
It ask this:
As for me I love his anime,so what is peoples problem with this anime, Is it because there's not enough action and to much drawn out talking?

Boring is the result of a problem you have with an anime, but you never stated the reason in which the creator of this thread asked. You only stated a sweet opinion that I respect, but the problem lies towards that you didn't explain the reason for this "boringness" and only seems to hate it without any reason and the same thing has been stated in multiple threads by the same user(you) and it only looked like a hater to me. You may call me a fanboy or whatsoever you like to call me, I don't really care about your opinion. Especially after your amazing calling names skills. Guess you're a keyboard warrior huh.

I'm personally with ErenxMikasa with this. Your boringness ruines the purpose of this thread and every other one, because it's basicly an useless bate to lure haters to hate Mahouka all over the places like some trolls are already doing it :S
TKMikeAug 27, 2014 3:59 AM
Aug 27, 2014 4:11 AM
Jun 2014
Flashoftheback said:

You wouldn't able to tell a series good or bad to the fullest extent if you didn't finish it first. That's why he want to see all of the episodes. This type of question already been answered so many many times.

This type of answer however is basicly useless and cheap to avoid discussions. If you hate a serie and still keeps on watching it while it's already nearing its end (It will most likely be a cliffhanger, based on what LN readers keep stating that there are too many materials needed to be explained in this arc.) and keep baiting haters to hate the anime too with only stating something simple and boring as "boring". Why waste your time that much or do some people has that much time to throw away their daily lives to do things they hate like watching a serie you disliked and only liked 3 episodes so far?? How will the last 5 episodes balance this out when you've watched something you disliked for already:15ep *20min + last 3ep * 20min = 3600min??? That's already 6hours thrown away, simply because you have nothing betters to do or something??
Aug 27, 2014 5:14 AM

Aug 2014
Why watch something you hate?
I like the LN and the adaptation, though there is some minor setback, is still good.

In any case, this story is more about Tatsuya and Miyuki trying to live as a normal teenage student in a magic school, with lots of interference from the outside. So far, it is pretty entertaining.
Aug 27, 2014 5:16 AM

Oct 2011
Please note that before I state anything,I must inform you that dropped this shit put this series on hold at episide 8.So I'm not up-to-date with the current state of the series.With that said:

My problem with this show is simple:The main characters.The big bro & protagonist is uninteresting to watch while the sis has no actual character of her own beside sucking her brother's dick praise her brother like he f-ing Jesus.DONE.

As I said earlier,this is my opinion after watching only 8 episodes of this show.It's possible I may return once the show ends to marathon through it.Though,that's only if I here the show has gotten better since I left it.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Aug 27, 2014 5:57 AM

May 2013
Mahouka is a bit strange anime. It has some great (magic system) or very good (sound & art) things on one side and some terrible (flat main characters, boring action and lack of actual story) on the other. Summing up: anime is decent, though it had potential to be excellent (which was wasted).
Aug 27, 2014 8:55 AM

May 2014
jakkubus said:
Mahouka is a bit strange anime. It has some great (magic system) or very good (sound & art) things on one side and some terrible (flat main characters, boring action and lack of actual story) on the other. Summing up: anime is decent, though it had potential to be excellent (which was wasted).

I'm not the only who said it and mostly the non-fans,but animation quality dropped significantly after the 1st few eps and seems to improve only on select action scenes,and most of the time non talking characters are noticeably statues (which is odd,since it's like MH that did the animation).The BG music is not my cup of tea and as irritating as Bleach's BG music and I'm wishing that the 2nd cour OP was as good as Tokyo Ravens 2nd cour OP (or maybe I'm more into pop-punk than the too pop-ish rock idol music OP?).Anyway the story is the only one that kept me interested in the series (really wishing that 8-Bit adapted Mahouka,as I enjoyed their work on TR).But for each his own.
Aug 27, 2014 9:24 AM

Aug 2014
ErenxMikasa said:
PencilSharpener said:

You've missed my point. If I disliked an anime that much, I wouldn't even bother to look at the forums.

Apparently the series isn't bad enough for you to leave.

You didn't have a point, just a worthless comment. Threads show up on recent discussion; I don't visit Mahouka forums specifically. Regardless if I did, it is still a non-argument. Using your own fallacious logic and sophistry, you wouldn't have visited this thread when you like the show.
Sieg Zeon!
Aug 27, 2014 9:34 AM
Jul 2018
TKMike said:
Flashoftheback said:

This type of answer however is basicly useless and cheap to avoid discussions. If you hate a serie and still keeps on watching it while it's already nearing its end (It will most likely be a cliffhanger, based on what LN readers keep stating that there are too many materials needed to be explained in this arc.) and keep baiting haters to hate the anime too with only stating something simple and boring as "boring". Why waste your time that much or do some people has that much time to throw away their daily lives to do things they hate like watching a serie you disliked and only liked 3 episodes so far?? How will the last 5 episodes balance this out when you've watched something you disliked for already:15ep *20min + last 3ep * 20min = 3600min??? That's already 6hours thrown away, simply because you have nothing betters to do or something??

U wanna know why am i still watching dis shit? bcz im not a series dropper at all, if u check out my drop list ull understand me, i have almost nothing in there. The 'anime' has to be very bad IN EVERY ASPECT to be dropped by me.

On the other hand, it's boring (for me) because they waste over half of every episode explaining boring shit and bla bla bla...

Lastly, i dont gonna drop a series just bcz u tell me to do it so again gtfo.

jakkubus said:

^Totally agree with this, 100% wasted potential.
removed-userAug 27, 2014 9:38 AM
Aug 27, 2014 9:49 AM

Jan 2011
@HollowIchigo58,
-Ill never understand the Mahouka World
-This magic is complicated to understand
-the main topic of dialogues are: why tasuya is cool, why tatsuya loves his sister, why this magic is operating, why tatsuya has no feelings
-the other characters are so simples.
-JESUS TATSUYA

I recomend you wantching:
Hunter x Hunter
Monster
Legend of galactic heroes
ergo proxi
mawaru penguin
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Aug 27, 2014 10:34 PM

Feb 2014
TKMike said:
Flashoftheback said:

Simply because i must finish what i had started, it isn't that hard to understand. What i don't understand is : watching something you don't like = wasting time. Stop pretending to be smart, dude.

And btw, it's your way of answering basically a cheap way to avoid any critic. Better buy a mirror first before you start talking. Saying someone has much time to thrown away or not is none of your business anyway.
Aug 27, 2014 11:22 PM
Jun 2014
Flashoftheback said:

Simply because i must finish what i had started, it isn't that hard to understand. What i don't understand is : watching something you don't like = wasting time. Stop pretending to be smart, dude.

And btw, it's your way of answering basically a cheap way to avoid any critic. Better buy a mirror first before you start talking. Saying someone has much time to thrown away or not is none of your business anyway.

See, I use a cheap comment back at yah and you're getting annoyed too and the reason why I got annoyed by your comment who simply defended someone from that boring comment by writing a useless cheap and boring line like that too.
That's just as cheap as fack, just like my cheap comment that's just the same as your answer.

Oke this comment is really stupid yah know.

First to point out this one:
Simply because i must finish what i had started, it isn't that hard to understand.

Simply because you understand your way of thinking like keep watching an anime you hate doesn't mean that everyone should be able to understand it. I still can't understand it it from my perspective and the reason why it's hard for me to understand. Simply because our way of thinking difference that much of each other. Meaning: I must finish what I had started =/= not hard to understand. I however can understand it if I try to understand it, meaning it's for me hard to understand. I don't watch anime I don't like and drop it, that's something I personally do. I don't get the reason for doing this, simply because I don't, unless I try to understand it from a different view.

What i don't understand is : watching something you don't like = wasting time. Stop pretending to be smart, dude

Watching something you don't like is waste of time should be the same here too with your first comment that it isn't hard to understand. It shouldn't be hard to understand, yet you wrote: "I don't understand", when it's just the opposite of what you're stating to defend your own comment. If you think about it logically, than doing something you don't like == wasting time. Going fishing, when you don't like fishing == wasting time. Going to a movie, while you don't like the movie == wasting time. I only used this logic, because it's an opposite of your cheap logic and the reason why I used it simply to make my point. Haters uses this cheap lines only because they wants to hate the anime the most of the time, not because "You wouldn't able to tell a series good or bad to the fullest extend if you didn't finish it first". Yet for you to not understand it is understandable too, because our view of things is different from each other.

I'm well aware that every people spends their time differently for their own reasons. I'm not the guy that should judge people of the way they should live. However, getting annoyed and writing something to point out the flaw of your logic is a different matter. Especially when it protects a hate comment that the thread didn't even asked about it. In this case ---> Boring.
TKMikeAug 27, 2014 11:28 PM
Aug 27, 2014 11:49 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
This anime was getting hate before it was even out, so I'm not really surprised that now that it's been out for a while the hate continues.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Aug 28, 2014 12:33 AM

Feb 2014
TKMike said:
Flashoftheback said:

See, I use a cheap comment back at yah and you're getting annoyed too and the reason why I got annoyed by your comment who simply defended someone from that boring comment by writing a useless cheap and boring line like that too.
That's just as cheap as fack, just like my cheap comment that's just the same as your answer.

Oke this comment is really stupid yah know.

First to point out this one:
Simply because i must finish what i had started, it isn't that hard to understand.

Simply because you understand your way of thinking like keep watching an anime you hate doesn't mean that everyone should be able to understand it. I still can't understand it it from my perspective and the reason why it's hard for me to understand. Simply because our way of thinking difference that much of each other. Meaning: I must finish what I had started =/= not hard to understand. I however can understand it if I try to understand it, meaning it's for me hard to understand. I don't watch anime I don't like and drop it, that's something I personally do. I don't get the reason for doing this, simply because I don't, unless I try to understand it from a different view.

What i don't understand is : watching something you don't like = wasting time. Stop pretending to be smart, dude

Watching something you don't like is waste of time should be the same here too with your first comment that it isn't hard to understand. It shouldn't be hard to understand, yet you wrote: "I don't understand", when it's just the opposite of what you're stating to defend your own comment. If you think about it logically, than doing something you don't like == wasting time. Going fishing, when you don't like fishing == wasting time. Going to a movie, while you don't like the movie == wasting time. I only used this logic, because it's an opposite of your cheap logic and the reason why I used it simply to make my point. Haters uses this cheap lines only because they wants to hate the anime the most of the time, not because "You wouldn't able to tell a series good or bad to the fullest extend if you didn't finish it first". Yet for you to not understand it is understandable too, because our view of things is different from each other.

I'm well aware that every people spends their time differently for their own reasons. I'm not the guy that should judge people of the way they should live. However, getting annoyed and writing something to point out the flaw of your logic is a different matter. Especially when it protects a hate comment that the thread didn't even asked about it. In this case ---> Boring.

All those wall of words, i throw that back at you. :p

I didn't protect him, but i just can't see why you should say watching something is a waste of time.
If you didn't like an anime, you drop it. While he want to see it until the end. That's enough difference.

There is many peoples who already stated their reason why it's "boring", why don't you start your keyboard warrior mode there rather than picking something like this to make yourself sound smart, dude?

"Your logic itself is the one who has flaw. Going anime when i don't like anime = wasting of time, i like anime and going for it but i didn't get any anime =/= wasting time. See the difference?"
FlashofthebackAug 28, 2014 5:14 PM
Aug 28, 2014 12:53 AM
Jun 2014
Flashoftheback said:

All those wall of words, i throw that back at you. :p

I didn't protect him, but i just can't see why you should say watching something is a waste of time.
If you didn't like an anime, you drop it. While he want to see it until the end. That's enough difference.

There is many peoples who already stated their reason why it's "boring", why don't you start your keyboard warrior mode there rather than picking something like this to make yourself sound smart, dude?

Your logic itself is the one who has flaw. Going fishing when i don't like fishing = wasting of time, i like fishing and going for it but i didn't get any fish =/= wasting time. See the difference?

Yes those wall of tekst can indeed be thrown back at me, basicly because my comment was the same as yours when I said wasting time. So I'm not mad at all:) In fact, I've stated multiple times that the logic I used to you is the same as the logic you used.

Yes, I basicly don't care about that if someone states the reason for hating it or having a valid one whatsoever. But the fact to continue stating "boring" all over the threads simply makes him a hater or one that wants to bait haters and the only person I hate, since it doesn't make the thread nor forum better. People like those are the most annoying people ever.

If you think that I want to sound smart, than you may think like that. Again, I don't have any problem with people stating the reason why they think it's "boring". In fact, the reason they state are most of the time valid. So why do I need to become a keyboard warrior to try and correct them when their reason is valid?? People that writes "boring" alone is something that annoys me however. Unless they want to state their reason for thinking it, like some others does. Maybe they have a different way to think the anime is boring to give us another view where the anime lacks on or not. You can't have a forum where people are all loving the anime nor a forum with people that only hates the anime. Reading comments/post from both side gives us a better view of the anime itself from both perspective. Not writing "boring" alone that annoys people because it's baiting, hating and has no value into the discussion.

Your logic itself is the one who has flaw. Going fishing when i don't like fishing = wasting of time, i like fishing and going for it but i didn't get any fish =/= wasting time. See the difference?

???
Going fishing when I don't like =/= Going fishing when you like but not catching anything. This statement doesn't have any resemblance with each other at all, beside the end result O.o So yeah, the difference is huge. It's the same as, jumping from a cliff and die and falling/slipping from a cliff and die... Totally different indeed, but the end result is the same. Both left their cliff to hit the ground and die :)
TKMikeAug 28, 2014 1:01 AM
Aug 28, 2014 1:48 PM
Jul 2018
TKMike said:

Yes, I basicly don't care about that if someone states the reason for hating it or having a valid one whatsoever. But the fact to continue stating "boring" all over the threads simply makes him a hater or one that wants to bait haters and the only person I hate, since it doesn't make the thread nor forum better. People like those are the most annoying people ever.

MKnR is so BORING for me, that i find BORING state the reasons why i find it BORING. And that's not hating, kid.

Do I annoy you? that's a shame, what u gonna do? :)
Aug 28, 2014 6:51 PM

Oct 2013
I get why it's enjoyable but it's really not at all a good show or story
Aug 29, 2014 12:51 AM
Jun 2014
CLBGM said:
TKMike said:

MKnR is so BORING for me, that i find BORING state the reasons why i find it BORING. And that's not hating, kid.

Do I annoy you? that's a shame, what u gonna do? :)

I don't really care anymore. You may do as you wish, what a rebellious child you are, I guess everyone is afraid of you in real life huh and even wasting time with another comment to bait people :). In fact, you've already stated your opinion about Mahouka and I don't see any reason to talk about you anymore. Have a nice day
Aug 29, 2014 12:52 AM
Apr 2014
Mayumi fans... I just cant stand them.
Mayumi is a bland character that lack persobality. Her personality even gets overshadowed by Miyuki bruhcon; her looks isnt even comparable to the other characters.

I tried understanding them but in the there are people you cant just get along with.

Other than that the plot is enjoyable but idk about some racistism of it.

Characters:
Tatsuya is pretty borish.
Miyuki is too attach to her "onii-chama".
We get Honoka and Shizuki as fan girl.
Leo being a typical muscle head.
Miki and Mizuki are your typical innocent and shy otaku.
Only girl that I like is Erika; being the girl who has real personality; and hairstyle.
Aug 29, 2014 8:49 PM

Apr 2011
Seiryuu2 said:
The only lacking aspect from this anime is an explanation of how things worked in Mahouka's world.
From my perspective, i personally thought that the episode 1 should be a long- ass episode where Madhouse gives us explanation of how things worked. Why Tatsuya became like he is right now, what is Magic, how magic works, what is Psion and etc.

In fate/zero series, the episode 1 was a 40 minutes explanation video about a lot of things, so in next episode they didn't bother to give us only a little explanation about things A/B/C or so on because they've cleared everything on episode 1. Mahouka could be animated that way, but unfortunately we didn't get what we wanted.

I feel Madhouse animated the series only for LN readers. They didn't bother explain things xD

I couldn't agree more. I'm completely lost plot wise on this show, and I have no idea what is going on or why
Aug 29, 2014 9:14 PM

Aug 2013
orig55 said:
Mayumi is a bland character that lack persobality. Her personality even gets overshadowed by Miyuki bruhcon; her looks isnt even comparable to the other characters.

I tried understanding them but in the there are people you cant just get along with.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1251647 Poll results: Mayumi -71 Erika - 25 I would love to know how Erika has real personality but Mayumi doesn't and lacks personality.

OT: I think there are many people that are just bandwagonists and feel the need to hate the anime to fit in. I understand the flaws though that some people present especially when it comes to how overpowered Tatsuya is. I personally enjoy the anime because of the in depth, strategic magic system and the mix of magic and sci fi and I also like the story and world but I don't completely like the plot progression. The whole idea of a futuristic Cold War and magic being the main weapon and commodity sought by governments and criminal organizations to me is really intriguing.

When it comes to characters, the only character I'm not really fond of is Miyuki. The characters (mainly the supporting characters) I believe would greatly benefit from character depth in the form of back stories and character development wouldn't hurt although I personally like them how they are now (except Miyuki). When it comes to the main protagonist Tatsuya the only problem I have with him is how overpowered he is. Gram disposal, gram demolition, decomposition magic , self restoration , that far sight ability he has plus ninjutsu skills makes him seem completely unstoppable. I don't mind him being powerful but he could at least have some kind of serious weakness or a rival who could seriously challenge him (Ichijou wasn't a good enough rival).

Personality wise I have no problem with him. People need to understand that not every single character or person irl is going to be talkative, extroverted and boisterous. Also it needs to be factored in that him being emotionless is because of the plot (at least I think so) and he is actually not literally emotion less because we see him exhibit certain basic emotions like happiness and anger.
Aug 29, 2014 11:14 PM

Aug 2008
OT: I think there are many people that are just bandwagonists and feel the need to hate the anime to fit in.

Nah..people just think the show is just that bad,simple as that.
ZapredonAug 29, 2014 11:26 PM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 29, 2014 11:38 PM

Aug 2013
Zapredon said:
OT: I think there are many people that are just bandwagonists and feel the need to hate the anime to fit in.

Nah..people just think the show is just that bad,simple as that.
Of course there are people who think it's just bad but there are also people who hate it simply because that is the popular opinion. It's just like how there are people who hate and criticize SAO yet never saw it.
Aug 30, 2014 4:34 AM
May 2014
DrGeroCreation said:
orig55 said:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1251647 Poll results: Mayumi -71 Erika - 25 I would love to know how Erika has real personality but Mayumi doesn't and lacks personality.

Mayumi seems to be leading in every mahouka poll ,maybe peoples who voted for her have bad taste than that guy ^^
sub_xzeroxAug 30, 2014 4:37 AM
Aug 30, 2014 1:35 PM

May 2014
sub_xzerox said:

Mayumi seems to be leading in every mahouka poll ,maybe peoples who voted for her have bad taste than that guy ^^

Maybe outside Japan,but Miyuki is popular there (she has her own manga series,like Mikoto in Railgun,where she is the lead).Wish it sold enough for a chance for it to have it's own anime,anyone want to watch Enrollment arc in Miyuki's and the course 1 students PV? :)
Aug 30, 2014 1:39 PM

May 2013
darkreaperix said:
Maybe outside Japan,but Miyuki is popular there (she has her own manga series,like Mikoto in Railgun,where she is the lead).Wish it sold enough for a chance for it to have it's own anime,anyone want to watch Enrollment arc in Miyuki's and the course 1 students PV? :)

Mahouka Koukou no Yuutousei is a crap and comparision between Mikoto and Miyuki is insult to the former one.
Aug 30, 2014 1:44 PM

May 2014
jakkubus said:

Mahouka Koukou no Yuutousei is a crap and comparision between Mikoto and Miyuki is insult to the former one.

Nah it's actually interesting and we see more Honoka and Shizuku and what they were doing during said arc.Why would it be insulting?No one compared them as characters,just that they have their own manga and that is written within the storyline of the LN's in just a different PV.

And some Mikoto bashers will disagree with you though.

BTW I like Mikoto even though she's a lite violent tsundere :)
Aug 30, 2014 1:58 PM

May 2013
darkreaperix said:

Nah it's actually interesting and we see more Honoka and Shizuku and what they were doing during said arc.Why would it be insulting?No one compared them as characters,just that they have their own manga and that is written within the storyline of the LN's in just a different PV.

And some Mikoto bashers will disagree with you though.

BTW I like Mikoto even though she's a lite violent tsundere :)

Too bad that it for now covers one of two shittiest arc of Mahouka (and after it there would be the second one). Also when Index was typical shounen, Railgun has shown its events from more slice of life perspective. Mahouka is already slice of life, so it doesn't need spin-off like that. If something, it should be made rather from viewpoit of Zhou Gongjin or Juumonji.

Oh, I forgot, that you are tsundere hater...
Aug 30, 2014 5:47 PM

Mar 2013
This is one of those Anime where I try and try to love but just can't.
Aug 30, 2014 5:52 PM
May 2014
darkreaperix said:
sub_xzerox said:

That just show those japs otaku have a weird taste compared to rest of the world
Aug 30, 2014 5:57 PM

Apr 2013
Everyone have their own tastes, that's it
Aug 30, 2014 6:01 PM
Oct 2012
sub_xzerox said:
That just show those japs otaku have a weird taste compare to the rest of the world

Otaku is superfluous. It's not an otaku thing, it's a Japanese thing. She was designed to epitomize Yamato Nadeshiko, the idealized Japanese woman (pale skin, long straight black hair, nice curves, but not too nice (so that they can be flat in a Kimono), wide eyes, weak seeming, but having a spine of steel (the better to plunge a sword into someone or oneself depending on the need)).

Miyuki comes off better in the novels than she does in the animation, she is a bit of a troller there. I hope they keep some of her better dialog at the end of this arc. I also hope that they get the interaction between Mayumi and Miyuki down.
Aug 30, 2014 7:51 PM

Mar 2012
I don't know, I like Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei so much that I think it is one of the best action/magic anime I've seen.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

458 by BlueSnow93 »»
May 21, 6:58 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.