Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Rikka or Shichimiya? Who do you ship with Yuuta?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 5, 2023 10:54 PM
Oct 2022
Shichiniya ofc, Shichimiya is better in all aspects than Rikka
Feb 15, 2:54 AM
Dec 2022
Rikka by far. Shichimiya is arguably the worst character in this series & the least deserving for yuuta. It blows my mind there are people who are brainwashed enough to even like a forced character like this. There is literally nothing good about her & she just exists in the anime to annoy & destroy ur nerves. Everyone who picked shichimiya should genuinely never watch romance again
Mar 2, 6:43 AM

Sep 2010
Rewatching from S1 to S2 it's clear that Shichimiya was a better match with Yuuta.

Rikka and Yuuta just do not have chemistry - they have similarities and shared experiences but that's it! The movie even makes reference to them being like siblings which.. honestly with how he treats her it's not far from the truth.

Not to mention Yuuta doesn't really crush on Rikka in S1 - he's more into Nibutani - which explains why others in this thread prefer Nibutani because well.. Yuuta showed attraction to her
But with Rikka it's more just like he goes along with it because a girl has shown interest who he finds interesting and relates to!

I truely think that Shichimiya was placed into S2 just so that they could get past touching pinkies from S1. Because without her they would never have even

Then the writers pull out the biggest

I don't ship Shichimiya and Yuuta in the way I think they're a great/amazing deserving pairing but I do think that they had more going for them with history, chemistry and obvious attraction on both sides (thinking specifically to a certain scene where Schimiya's swimsuit falls and he gets all blushy). Whereas Rikka felt very much childlike / little sister vibes and Yuuta did not seem interested comparingly (at least that is until the movie)!

Side note: I actually love both Rikka and Shichimiya but I always felt in S1 the romance aspect between Rikka and Yuuta was so unnecessary! They could have had an entire show focused on Yuuta coming to terms with his chuunibyou or leaning back into it through his friends and finally finding acceptance.. but they wanted to make Rikka the love interest because well she's adorable so I get that! But god their romance felt forced!
KirinoMar 2, 6:49 AM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Jan 7, 2014

295 by ShinigamiGang »»
May 19, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2014

415 by FarCritical »»
May 7, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2014

175 by FarCritical »»
May 6, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2014

216 by FarCritical »»
May 5, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2014

206 by FarCritical »»
May 3, 8:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.