Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 18, 2023 2:22 AM
Mar 2022
Okay episode 12-22 was absolutely one insane plot twist after the next, and I've just finished the episode where the cancel the Dmail for kurasi so I'm wondering what way should watch the rest of the series?

Episode 23-25, 23 OVA then Stein Gate 0 or should I go straight to stein gate 0, people say it ruins the experience if you do both orders.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 18, 2023 2:25 AM
Oct 2022
Deanomac2010 said:
Okay episode 12-22 was absolutely one insane plot twist after the next, and I've just finished the episode where the cancel the Dmail for kurasi so I'm wondering what way should watch the rest of the series?

Episode 23-25, 23 OVA then Stein Gate 0 or should I go straight to stein gate 0, people say it ruins the experience if you do both orders.

1. Stein Gate episode 23 (b)
2. Stein Gate 0 (whole show)
3. Stein Gate OG episode 23-25.

Anyone who says otherwise just trying to ruin the story for you.
Mar 18, 2023 2:26 AM

Jan 2017
Deanomac2010 said:
Episode 23-25, 23 OVA then Stein Gate 0

It's the intented/normal order , go for it.

Deanomac2010 said:
I go straight to stein gate 0, people say it ruins the experience if you do both orders.

This one can ruins your experience , as you try to modify the order of the story to get it "chronological" (Spoiler : It is not).
Just ignore the weird peoples who does that and watch it normally. (It's as if they were saying you to start One Piece with the flashback of Roger...)
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Mar 18, 2023 2:32 AM
Aug 2021
I missed like half the experience bc I just watched the main show without the b ending or 0 and I thought it was fine to just watch the main route
Mar 18, 2023 2:33 AM

Jan 2017
kakashis_sidehoe said:
I missed like half the experience bc I just watched the main show without the b ending or 0 and I thought it was fine to just watch the main route

It is , Steins;Gate 0 is simply a bonus made for those who loved the original story and wanted a little bit more of the characters , nothing more.
If you liked the original , you can watch 0 , it have good sad vibes and some incredible scenes.
Unfortunately , it doesn't lives up to the original.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Mar 18, 2023 2:38 AM
Oct 2022
Bro just watch in yearly order as in the order they came out. Don't follow any watch order. it's useless
Mar 18, 2023 2:40 AM

Sep 2022
Watch 23β, Stein;Gate 0, Steins;Gate ep 23-24, 25 OVA, then Movie
Mar 18, 2023 2:42 AM
Nov 2021
Release order is in most shows the way to go
Mar 18, 2023 2:44 AM

Sep 2022
TillyTrap said:
Deanomac2010 said:

πŸ‘The chronological order bro
Mar 18, 2023 2:51 AM

May 2021
Steins;Gate

Steins;Gate: Open the Missing Link - Divide By Zero

Steins;Gate 0

Don't do any weird order people tell you to do
Mar 18, 2023 2:51 AM
Feb 2021
just watch it in it's release date order, that's the best way to watch
Mar 18, 2023 2:58 AM
Oct 2022
ANIk_003 said:
TillyTrap said:

I'm glad some can absorb the true nature the story was meant to be watched in.
Mar 18, 2023 3:01 AM

Jan 2017
TillyTrap said:

Can you please not troll on MAL when someone is asking a serious question.
You can go to Reddit to do that. (Not sure you will be alive for long tho...)
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Mar 18, 2023 3:09 AM

Dec 2021
this is what I did:

Steins;Gate (full) + special
episode 23ß
Steins;Gate 0
rewatched Steins;Gate (only 23,24) + 25(special)
Movie

"𝑰𝒇 π’‚π’π’šπ’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆ, 𝑰 π’˜π’‚π’π’• 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 π’”π’π’Žπ’†π’π’π’† π’˜π’‰π’ π’Œπ’π’π’˜π’” π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’˜π’‚π’π’•π’” 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆, 𝒐𝒓 π’Œπ’π’π’˜π’” π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’π’Šπ’Œπ’†π’”, 𝑰 π’ˆπ’–π’†π’”π’”?"
» [JELEE] «
0:00 〇────── 4:47
β†Ί |◁ II β–·| β™‘

Mar 18, 2023 3:17 AM
Mar 2020
Deanomac2010 said:

Watch in released order in order to experience suspense and twists. This is the only way to enjoy this show to max potential.
Mar 18, 2023 3:19 AM
Jan 2022
watch in release order
Mar 18, 2023 3:23 AM
Apr 2022
TillyTrap said:
ANIk_003 said:

Hell no, release order is the way to go for first timer, it's how the author intended it to be. Chronological order is best for rewatch in case you miss anything and catch up more intrinsic detail. Also, watching chronological order would cause the twist to be less interesting and ruin the experience
Mar 18, 2023 3:41 AM
Jul 2021
Watch 23b and then s;G 0
Mar 18, 2023 3:47 AM

Feb 2021
Deanomac2010 said:

Please just watch in the release order. You should never experience a story in a haphazard way. Everyone telling you the other order is wrong because that "chronological" order isn't even chronological.

Finish the main show, watch the ova, movie, side stuff (if you want) and then go with 23beta and Zero.
Mar 18, 2023 3:50 AM

Nov 2020
Deanomac2010 said:

I know there'll be people who say the release order (i.e., completing the original series and then watching 0) and I understand their POV because I follow that for all other shows too.
I even watched Steins;Gate myself that way. Which is why I realised that I might've enjoyed a lot more if I watched the chronological way.

IMO, watch 23ß, Steins;Gate 0, Original 23, 24, 25... like this. (the chronological order)

I'll tell you why-
Episode 24, 25 gives you a proper complete closure to the story while Steins;Gate 0 is basically a longass explanation of the events that happened in a different worldline which in turn lead to the ending.
After watching 24-25, reaching the end of the whole story, I personally didn't like going back to all that sad stuff again, when I already knew what the end will be like.

Well, here's the logic without spoiling major plot points. Now, I think you can decide for yourself which path you wanna follow.
Mar 18, 2023 3:53 AM

Feb 2021
TillyTrap said:
Deanomac2010 said:

I'm sorry to point this out, but it's the order that you're suggesting that will actually ruin the story for a viewer, in more ways than one.
Mar 18, 2023 4:23 AM
Dec 2021
I just finished steins gate( including ova), then watched 0 and then the movie , but Imo it doesn’t really matter , none of the orders ruin the experience but I think is better to finish steins gate first of all
Mar 18, 2023 4:23 AM
Dec 2021
Bhavya7 said:
just watch it in it's release date order, that's the best way to watch

This(character limit)
Mar 18, 2023 4:38 AM
Mar 2022
Release order is the best way. There is a twist in episode 23 that is explained in 0, which is why some people recommend watching 0 first but believe me is better finishing Steins;Gate first and then seeing 0, it makes 0 a much better experience. 0 hits way harder when you have watched how the original show ends.
Mar 18, 2023 4:39 AM
Nov 2021
I suggest you watching all steins gate first and then the ep 23 ova and zero
Mar 18, 2023 4:39 AM
Mar 2021
TillyTrap said:
Deanomac2010 said:

Hey I would say don't get confused by what others have to say.... This the order in which you should watch to enjoy it and praise it more.
Madhav001Mar 18, 2023 6:34 AM
Mar 18, 2023 4:43 AM
Sep 2021
watch 23rd then why the fuck you here
Mar 18, 2023 4:43 AM
Dec 2021
god teir anime right?
Mar 18, 2023 4:48 AM

Dec 2021
I don't know who made that chronological order, but they should never make an order again...

There is nothing hard to get about the ending, just watch steins gate 0 after this anime.
Rosa Umineko Drip

The Witch of Badassery.
Mar 18, 2023 4:53 AM

May 2020
Madhav001 said:
TillyTrap said:

Hey I would say don't get confused by what others have to say.... This the order in which you have to watch

What? How is a fan-made order the way you have to watch it? The release order is always the way the creators want you to watch it.
Mar 18, 2023 5:02 AM
Oct 2022
Madhav001 said:
TillyTrap said:

Hey I would say don't get confused by what others have to say.... This the order in which you have to watch

excatly and if you can pay attention to the fine detail your in for a fine treat :)
Mar 18, 2023 5:17 AM
Jan 2023
hunnie, you need to do yourself a favor and watch it in release order.....

please don't watch it any other way.

suzuha story ALONE in the OG version first hit harder after watching all of stein gate OG before zero
Mar 18, 2023 5:18 AM
Jan 2023
Igreja said:
I don't know who made that chronological order, but they should never make an order again...

There is nothing hard to get about the ending, just watch steins gate 0 after this anime.

EXCATLY.... I don't understand there are very FEW anime that can do it this way πŸ˜•
Mar 18, 2023 5:21 AM
Mar 2022
kaguyasama2004 said:
hunnie, you need to do yourself a favor and watch it in release order.....

please don't watch it any other way.

suzuha story ALONE in the OG version first hit harder after watching all of stein gate OG before zero

I HATED suzuha at first while she always seem to just straight up be toxic to kurisu, then I saw her backstory and I was like FUCK it makes sense.
Mar 18, 2023 6:05 AM
Mar 2021
Watch the rest of Steins;Gate to keep the momentum and the intended order. There’s arguments over this but I think the ‘chronological’ order is really stupid because it kills all of the perfectly crafted tension
Mar 18, 2023 6:09 AM
Nov 2022
TillyTrap said:
Deanomac2010 said:

You’re the one ruining the raw experience. I knew exactly where this forum was going the second i heard episode 23

Your so many levels in the wrong for making people that watch it normally the guilty ones.

Just watch it normally. Do not listen to people that watch it in a weird order.
Mar 18, 2023 6:11 AM
Nov 2022
_Tamashi_ said:
god teir anime right?

Yup. Definitely it is!
Mar 18, 2023 6:12 AM
Mar 2021
Rad_Scientist said:
Madhav001 said:

What? How is a fan-made order the way you have to watch it? The release order is always the way the creators want you to watch it.

If you would have watched it ... You would know, simple as that
Mar 18, 2023 6:12 AM
Nov 2022
Rad_Scientist said:
Madhav001 said:

I absolutely agree. I don’t get why people think they have watch it in a different way. Can’t we just have somebody that watches the show in the normal order?
Mar 18, 2023 6:13 AM
Nov 2022
Madhav001 said:
Rad_Scientist said:

I don’t think people are missing out on much watching it like that.
Mar 18, 2023 6:15 AM
Mar 2021
RopeBuny said:
Madhav001 said:

But why would you want to make it complex for you to understand? And why want to miss out 'anything' if not much? Shouldn't you have as much fun watching it as you can?
Mar 18, 2023 6:19 AM

Jan 2017
Madhav001 said:
But why would you want to make it complex for you to understand?

That's kinda what you are doing by watching it in "chronological order".
Do you realize the entirety of Steins;Gate 0 happens before the start of the original ?

And why do you even want to decomplexify a story ?
By watching something in chronological order , you ruin all the mysteries/suspense/tension the Author tries to install.
I believe you didn't watched Gintama , Fullmetal Alchemist or Shingeki no Kyojin in a chronological order , so why would you do it for Steins;Gate ?
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Mar 18, 2023 6:20 AM
Nov 2022
Madhav001 said:
RopeBuny said:

But why would you want to make it complex for you to understand? And why want to miss out 'anything' if not much? Shouldn't you have as much fun watching it as you can?

It’s not the problem of free choice. The problem is ya’all recommending it to people like it’s the “right” or “main” way of watching it. That’s the problem.
Mar 18, 2023 6:27 AM

Feb 2020
Just do yourself a favor and just finish the series do not break it up and watch SG0.
Mar 18, 2023 6:30 AM
Mar 2021
Alexioos95 said:
Madhav001 said:
But why would you want to make it complex for you to understand?

That's kinda what you are doing by watching it in "chronological order".
Do you realize the entirety of Steins;Gate 0 happens before the start of the original ?

And why do you even want to decomplexify a story ?
By watching something in chronological order , you ruin all the mysteries/suspense/tension the Author tries to install.
I believe you didn't watched Gintama , Fullmetal Alchemist or Shingeki no Kyojin in a chronological order , so why would you do it for Steins;Gate ?

It's not kinda what it does.... Man by watching it is this order how is it kinda making it more complex.... And what are saying bro.... Steins gate happens before Steins gate 0?? Man that is like a midquel to Steins gate... Huff ....
And about Aot, Gintama, And FMAB.... Where the heck is time travel or alteration going in these? Did I miss it? And don't say about AOT.... It has followed the same story as always, just revealing things later for mystery not like something goes wrong and we go back in time... Dunno how you compared these anime to Steins gate's time travel
Mar 18, 2023 6:30 AM

May 2021
Just watch the whole show then the side route leading to SG 0. It won't ruin the pace and feeling of original series.
Mar 18, 2023 6:32 AM
Mar 2021
RopeBuny said:
Madhav001 said:

It’s not the problem of free choice. The problem is ya’all recommending it to people like it’s the “right” or “main” way of watching it. That’s the problem.

I didn't want to say it like "that is the only way to watch it" if my message meant it Sorry
Mar 18, 2023 6:36 AM

Jan 2017
Madhav001 said:
And what are saying bro.... Steins gate happens before Steins gate 0?? Man that is like a midquel to Steins gate... Huff ....

Ah , so you didn't even understood the series , like 99% of those who followed the "chronological order"...
Steins;Gate 0 happens before the original , as Okabe create the crypted message in the final episode , to send it to the himself of episode 1 of the original.

Madhav001 said:
And about Aot, Gintama, And FMAB.... Where the heck is time travel or alteration going in these? Did I miss it? And don't say about AOT.... It has followed the same story as always, just revealing things later for mystery not like something goes wrong and we go back in time... Dunno how you compared these anime to Steins gate's time travel

You do not need to be watching a Sci-fi series with time travel to make a chronological order...
Flashback are , in a sense , a time travel for the viewer's point of view , and thus can be used to alter the order.
You were talking about decomplexifing a story , but wouldn't Shingeki no Kyojin makes way more sense if you watched the basement reveal before even starting the series ?
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Mar 18, 2023 6:40 AM

Feb 2020
TillyTrap said:
ANIk_003 said:

I'm at the point where people that suggest this objectively wrong watch are just stupid. I do mean objective too. There is so many people proving this order to be 100% wrong in so many ways. Ruins the story, pacing, not actually chronological order (and even if it was its a time travel anime like bro this is hilarious)
. Like I can go on and on. Stop telling people to watch this fan made watch order. You can only view this series once for the first time. If they don't like it then that's fine but that's how the writer intended it to be views.
Mar 18, 2023 6:47 AM

Jan 2021
this whole chronological order bs is giving me a headache, can yall just watch it in normal release order like normal people
Read the visual novel nerd
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

809 by Agathusian »»
Yesterday, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1832 by ichigoramen123 »»
Yesterday, 7:52 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Activelee - Aug 16, 2011

487 by Agathusian »»
Jun 8, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jul 19, 2011

456 by Agathusian »»
Jun 6, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jul 5, 2011

460 by Agathusian »»
Jun 6, 6:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.