Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 10, 2022 7:09 AM

Dec 2020
I know there are lot of threads talking about this but none of them seem to know or watch the shows that i like.
Eg: one outs and nobunaga concerto. Nobody talks about these anime atleast not to my knowledge. Also tell me your favourite shows with unfinished endings.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 10, 2022 7:29 AM

Feb 2016
I try to avoid unfinished anime. My favorite is Gakuen Alice.
その目だれの目?
Oct 10, 2022 7:35 AM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
CJustawaye said:
I know there are lot of threads talking about this but none of them seem to know or watch the shows that i like.
Eg: one outs and nobunaga concerto. Nobody talks about these anime atleast not to my knowledge. Also tell me your favourite shows with unfinished endings.

Honest remark from a Manga reader. I love One outs for its psychological aspect of mind reading, trick and crazy strategy that I started reading the rest of Manga but it turned out to be a huge disappointment, mainly due to being overly far-fetched and forced compared to the first half.
Oct 10, 2022 8:38 AM

Jan 2021
Definitely got to be Claymore for me

Noragami is another anime that will be unfinished as I doubt the third season will be coming now that the manga is ending soon...

Wotakoi not getting a second season.

Lastly Rokka no Yuusha...enough said.

Oct 10, 2022 9:47 AM

Sep 2018
Usagi Drop will forever be tainted by its ending, but if we only consider the anime adaptation it still is the best iyashikei and the best childcare anime ever. Not really underrated for its genre, but not talked about much aside from the controversies.

Nana is hands down the best romance anime; I consider it underrated because there are too many mediocre romance anime rated higher. Two other great romance anime, Kare Kano and Kodomo no Omocha, were also left unfinished.

Keijo!!!!!!!! is hilarious, the finest example of sports+ecchi anime. A different kind of comedy is provided by another unfinished anime, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita: colorful, eccentric and, most importantly, blessed with an above average script by Makoto Uezu.

Oct 10, 2022 9:48 AM
Dec 2017
time stranger kyoko i wish we had a full adaptation instead of just an ova

Oct 10, 2022 10:01 AM

Dec 2020
kizumi91 said:
CJustawaye said:

Honest remark from a Manga reader. I love One outs for its psychological aspect of mind reading, trick and crazy strategy that I started reading the rest of Manga but it turned out to be a huge disappointment, mainly due to being overly far-fetched and forced compared to the first half.

I gave the manga 7 chances. Everytime i tried to read it bunch of new characters are showing up and talking bunch of random shit for no reason. Im at chapter 110 and i didn't see toukchi do anything but look at those 3 guys play horribly. Does it get better?
Oct 10, 2022 10:05 AM

Dec 2020
Lucifrost said:
I try to avoid unfinished anime. My favorite is Gakuen Alice.

Is Gakuen alice a wholesome anime like chibi devil, Akachan to Boku?
Oct 10, 2022 10:10 AM

Dec 2020
LoreMasterDan said:
Definitely got to be Claymore for me

Noragami is another anime that will be unfinished as I doubt the third season will be coming now that the manga is ending soon...

Wotakoi not getting a second season.

Lastly Rokka no Yuusha...enough said.

I still have to read claymore. Is noragami good after s2? Wotokoi will definitely get an adaptation soon🤞
Oct 10, 2022 10:12 AM

Dec 2020
Nirinbo said:
Usagi Drop will forever be tainted by its ending, but if we only consider the anime adaptation it still is the best iyashikei and the best childcare anime ever. Not really underrated for its genre, but not talked about much aside from the controversies.

Nana is hands down the best romance anime; I consider it underrated because there are too many mediocre romance anime rated higher. Two other great romance anime, Kare Kano and Kodomo no Omocha, were also left unfinished.

Keijo!!!!!!!! is hilarious, the finest example of sports+ecchi anime. A different kind of comedy is provided by another unfinished anime, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita: colorful, eccentric and, most importantly, blessed with an above average script by Makoto Uezu.

I love usagi drop anime, I'm avoiding manga coz I don't want to ruin my s1 experience. I'll try to read nana.
Oct 10, 2022 10:18 AM

Dec 2020
Crow_Black said:

Why does it only has 13 chapters?( Wtf is this character limit bs)
Oct 10, 2022 10:19 AM
Dec 2017
CJustawaye said:
Crow_Black said:

Some of Arina Tanemura's stuff are easily finashable in a day and thats just one of many i finished.

Oct 10, 2022 10:21 AM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
CJustawaye said:
kizumi91 said:

I gave the manga 7 chances. Everytime i tried to read it bunch of new characters are showing up and talking bunch of random shit for no reason. Im at chapter 110 and i didn't see toukchi do anything but look at those 3 guys play horribly. Does it get better?

From my recollection of it, everything after that just straight is plain and generic, the 3 dudes who appeared to be weak but after getting some shounen-esque training from Tokuchi, ridiculously turned into the top player. Later, Tokuchi would hardly play but his teammates somehow still managed to win, quite contrived like every average sports Anime out there that I gradually lost my interest in it towards the end.
Oct 10, 2022 10:32 AM

Jun 2022
Pumpkin Scissors the anime came out pretty long time ago, manga has been ongoing much long after (its on hiatus currently). Not only is it unfinished, but the visuals have been kind of outdated. Its still a really good military world series, even the anime is worth checking out though the manga is obviously superior.
I'd like to make myself believe that Planet Earth turns slowly
Oct 10, 2022 10:35 AM
Jul 2018
Kokoro connect was supposed to get an s2 but the devs had some tension among them so it never got one

It becomes better as the LN goes on and taichi especially gets more meaningful development
Oct 10, 2022 10:50 AM

Dec 2020
Underrated is a bit of a subjective term, for me Land of the Lustrous is my favorite unfinished anime.

Oct 10, 2022 10:53 AM

Dec 2020
Crow_Black said:
CJustawaye said:

Some of Arina Tanemura's stuff are easily finashable in a day and thats just one of many i finished.

Oh if it's good then there's nothing i can ask for
Oct 10, 2022 10:56 AM

Dec 2020
kizumi91 said:
CJustawaye said:

From my recollection of it, everything after that just straight is plain and generic, the 3 dudes who appeared to be weak but after getting some shounen-esque training from Tokuchi, ridiculously turned into the top player. Later, Tokuchi would hardly play but his teammates somehow still managed to win, quite contrived like every average sports Anime out there that I gradually lost my interest in it towards the end.

Well that's disappointing but the anime was fire though. It's still my favourite anime. And i read that author's another manga called liar game. If it wasn't for that stupid girl i would've enjoyed it way more
Oct 10, 2022 10:58 AM

Dec 2020
TheNextDoor said:
Pumpkin Scissors the anime came out pretty long time ago, manga has been ongoing much long after (its on hiatus currently). Not only is it unfinished, but the visuals have been kind of outdated. Its still a really good military world series, even the anime is worth checking out though the manga is obviously superior.

It's kinda expected from studio gonzo. They never finish anything fr sm reason
Oct 10, 2022 11:02 AM

Jun 2022
CJustawaye said:
TheNextDoor said:

They did finish a lot of anime back in the day, for example one of my all time favorites: Basilisk. Also Welcome to the N.H.K. is from Gonzo and got a good anime ending.
Oct 10, 2022 11:02 AM

Dec 2020
Origen16 said:
Kokoro connect was supposed to get an s2 but the devs had some tension among them so it never got one

It becomes better as the LN goes on and taichi especially gets more meaningful development

Is the manga adaptation faithful to the ln? I kept the anime off because i thought it was just a regular harem anime.
Oct 10, 2022 11:06 AM

Dec 2020
TheNextDoor said:
CJustawaye said:

They did finish a lot of anime back in the day, for example one of my all time favorites: Basilisk. Also Welcome to the N.H.K. is from Gonzo and got a good anime ending.

I wanted to watch basilisk but i heard that the fkd up the sequel and they ruined my fav manga gantz so i decided not to touch anything done by that studio
Oct 10, 2022 11:08 AM

Jun 2022
CJustawaye said:
TheNextDoor said:

I wanted to watch basilisk but i heard that the fkd up the sequel and they ruined my fav manga gantz so i decided not to touch anything done by that studio

The Basilisk "sequel" is like a shitty fanfic, you don't need to watch it at all. Gonzo is a very hit and miss studio, some stuff they have done is great, some is shit.
Oct 10, 2022 11:09 AM

Dec 2020
Thanatos1 said:
Underrated is a bit of a subjective term, for me Land of the Lustrous is my favorite unfinished anime.

Manga or anime? I've only seen the first episode of the anime but it's almost been 4 years i don't remember sh*t. So should i read or watch it?
Oct 10, 2022 11:09 AM

Jul 2016
Its normal for adaption because it is to promote the source. If you want some finished anime try originals majority of it conclude

Oct 10, 2022 11:11 AM

Dec 2020
CJustawaye said:
Thanatos1 said:

Manga or anime? I've only seen the first episode of the anime but it's almost been 4 years i don't remember sh*t. So should i read or watch it?

I haven't read the Manga so I can't really talk about it but the anime is very good

Oct 10, 2022 11:12 AM

Nov 2014
One Outs, together with Elfen Lied, are my favorite unfinished anime. It's a bittersweet feeling since if you want more, you have to read the source material.
Oct 10, 2022 11:14 AM

Dec 2020
TheNextDoor said:
CJustawaye said:

The Basilisk "sequel" is like a shitty fanfic, you don't need to watch it at all. Gonzo is a very hit and miss studio, some stuff they have done is great, some is shit.

Is the manga better than the anime? Also i didn't understand 1st episode of NHK. It gave me the film requiem of dream vibes.
Oct 10, 2022 11:15 AM

Jun 2022
CJustawaye said:
TheNextDoor said:

Is the manga better than the anime? Also i didn't understand 1st episode of NHK. It gave me the film requiem of dream vibes.

I would say Basilisk manga and anime are equally good, the anime has added atmosphere from music which is great. NHK can start off kind of "weird" depending what kind of anime you are used to
Oct 10, 2022 11:20 AM

Dec 2020
chriskor022 said:
Its normal for adaption because it is to promote the source. If you want some finished anime try originals majority of it conclude

Sadly yes but if the show isn't popular enough they won't even translate the manga and original anime are very hit or miss these days
Oct 10, 2022 11:22 AM

Dec 2020
Morphun said:
One Outs, together with Elfen Lied, are my favorite unfinished anime. It's a bittersweet feeling since if you want more, you have to read the source material.

I've only seen amv's of elfen lied. I will definitely watch the show someday
Oct 10, 2022 11:24 AM

Dec 2020
Thanatos1 said:
CJustawaye said:

I haven't read the Manga so I can't really talk about it but the anime is very good

Oh I'll try the anime then i remember it being cgi but it looked beautiful
Oct 10, 2022 11:26 AM

Dec 2020
TheNextDoor said:
CJustawaye said:

I would say Basilisk manga and anime are equally good, the anime has added atmosphere from music which is great. NHK can start off kind of "weird" depending what kind of anime you are used to

Rn I'm in the mood to watch something wholesome or shounen. But when i catch up to berserk I think I'll be in a perfect mood to watch this and claymore
Oct 10, 2022 11:27 AM

Feb 2021
Bobobo-bo Bobobo, for how crazy and hilarious it is, I'd say it is a little underrated. and despite it's sad the anime is unfinished, the abrupt cliffhanger ending kinda fits it.
Oct 10, 2022 11:28 AM
Jun 2020
I wanted killing bites to continue...
Oct 10, 2022 11:33 AM

Dec 2020
vladchanCh said:
Bobobo-bo Bobobo, for how crazy and hilarious it is, I'd say it is a little underrated. and despite it's sad the anime is unfinished, the abrupt cliffhanger ending kinda fits it.

Did the comedy age well? Does it hold up today?
Oct 10, 2022 11:34 AM
Jul 2018
CJustawaye said:
Origen16 said:

Is the manga adaptation faithful to the ln? I kept the anime off because i thought it was just a regular harem anime.

Kokoro connect is not a harem
the main mc gets with one of the girls
Also just focus on the LN it's significantly better
It's like charlotte but with significantly better character development and imo a more fluid plot
Oct 10, 2022 11:34 AM

Dec 2020
Fenronin said:
I wanted killing bites to continue...

Did they censor anime? Manga seems way more graphic than anime
Oct 10, 2022 11:37 AM

Dec 2020
Origen16 said:
CJustawaye said:

Kokoro connect is not a harem
the main mc gets with one of the girls
It's like charlotte but with significantly better character development and imo a more fluid plot

Oh mb. I hated charlotte because nothing makes sense. Mc annoyed me to the end in that anime.
Oct 10, 2022 11:39 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah charlotte to me has always been a shittier version of both angel beats and kokoro connect

Oct 10, 2022 11:45 AM
Jul 2019
Battle Programmer Shirase is pretty nice
Oct 10, 2022 12:20 PM

Feb 2021
CJustawaye said:
vladchanCh said:

yup, the craziness level is so high it will never get old
Oct 10, 2022 12:40 PM

Jan 2022
Counting only anime that I have finished, and that are 'old' enough where I can still reasonably expect a sequel.
Also, titles where there's an actual story, and you can tell that it's unfinished.

Girls' last tour? Is that unpopular enough?
No Guns Life, maybe. It's not particularly special, but this type of show isn't very present in anime.

And that's it for me.
Oct 10, 2022 12:50 PM

Dec 2020
Origen16 said:
Yeah charlotte to me has always been a shittier version of both angel beats and kokoro connect

I hated the way they wrote characters in charlotte. If angel beats and kokoro connect has way better character writing than Charlotte then i might enjoy them
Oct 10, 2022 12:55 PM

Dec 2020
KDan_69 said:

Bruh how did you even find that. It Looks like nhk and golden boy.
Oct 10, 2022 12:57 PM

Feb 2016
CJustawaye said:
Is Gakuen alice a wholesome anime

Sometimes, but it has really dark undertones.
その目だれの目?
Oct 10, 2022 12:57 PM

Dec 2020
vladchanCh said:
CJustawaye said:

yup, the craziness level is so high it will never get old

I love random humour so i might enjoy this only if it's not like Seitokai Yakuindomo
Oct 10, 2022 1:03 PM

Dec 2020
Bidoof_PMD-EOS said:
Counting only anime that I have finished, and that are 'old' enough where I can still reasonably expect a sequel.
Also, titles where there's an actual story, and you can tell that it's unfinished.

Girls' last tour? Is that unpopular enough?
No Guns Life, maybe. It's not particularly special, but this type of show isn't very present in anime.

And that's it for me.

No guns life was one of my first anime. I watched it when it was airing back then. Even though I don't remember sh*t i think i enjoyed it. I still haven't seen Girls last tour, it reminds me of the movie pianist . So i kept it aside for a while.
Oct 10, 2022 1:08 PM
Jul 2019
CJustawaye said:
KDan_69 said:

Bruh how did you even find that. It Looks like nhk and golden boy.

I'm translating anime to Czech and someone asked me if I could translate it. Man, that was the kind of anime I really like, I was pretty lucky
Oct 10, 2022 1:11 PM

Dec 2020
Lucifrost said:
CJustawaye said:
Is Gakuen alice a wholesome anime

Sometimes, but it has really dark undertones.

I read the premise. It sounds like Fruit basket .
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Would your favorite non-anime characters survive in your favorite anime?

FanofAction - 22 minutes ago

1 by Gashadokur0 »»
17 minutes ago

» Hottest Adult Characters in anime?

RedTea33 - May 27

28 by trinitroglycerin »»
19 minutes ago

» Samurai Pizza Cats Japanese Subtitles. Do they exist?

NerdEmojiROTFL - Yesterday

2 by GinIonSui »»
20 minutes ago

» Have you ever wondered what battle shonen protagonists were like without teeth? Here are Gojo and Luffy

Dije - 1 hour ago

4 by Rhae »»
24 minutes ago

» Which anime do you think deserves a reboot or continuation, and why?

Gashadokur0 - 1 hour ago

6 by Anjuro »»
41 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.