Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Couple of Cuckoos
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 31, 2022 8:10 PM
Apr 2018
I've read the manga before, but watching it animated is a lot worse. This one character (Hiro) dragged down the whole show. She's annoying, she doesn't make any sense as a character. Like...
Did the author even read her own thing? It's too dumb.

Think about it, Hiro, as a person, she's someone who will value you base on your academic scores... Who even wants to be associated with a person like this in real-life? I wouldn't with a 10 meter pole.

Every scene she appears, she annoys me. Even when she's not appearing, she still drags down this show. The MC looks like a fool being head over heels in love with her, so he ignores the other persons, doesn't care about anyone's feelings. It's always Hiro Hiro Hiro the entire episodes.

And the anime didn't even catch up to the worst part yet... I can't imagine how terrible it's gonna be to watch those scenes, like when

How sad it is that this show gets 24ep, but not Yamada-kun, the better one that deserved more than 12ep...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 31, 2022 8:28 PM

Jan 2020
Ngl, I think the series has gone uphill
Jul 31, 2022 8:36 PM
Jul 2019
Romangelo said:

How sad it is that this show gets 24ep, but not Yamada-kun, the better one that deserved more than 12ep...

"Yamada-kun"? Is that the show with 7 witches and bodies switching and stuff like that right? I thought the show ended after the anime ending, what else are left in the manga?
Jul 31, 2022 8:45 PM
Apr 2018
TheUnkovvn said:
Romangelo said:

"Yamada-kun"? Is that the show with 7 witches and bodies switching and stuff like that right? I thought the show ended after the anime ending, what else are left in the manga?

A lot. The anime only adapt the first part of the manga.

The manga was much better than anime anyway. So it's worth reading.
Jul 31, 2022 8:46 PM
May 2022
Animillion said:
Ngl, I think the series has gone uphill

Yea same for me. I mean everybody can have their opinions but I think the opposite too. It got a lot deeper in the last episodes, it has gone more into the characters and the vibe became better imo
Jul 31, 2022 9:09 PM
Apr 2018
Even the fourth girl is much more likable than Hiro. This show could've been better with just Erika, Sachi, and the fourth girl.
Jul 31, 2022 9:12 PM

Mar 2015
if anything, hiro creates a contrast of sorts that alleviates other 2 heroines. eg I dont rly like sachi as well but comparing to hiro she is not so bad. I would rather hiro had some likeable qualities about her but even her design is kinda ugly

about yamada kun, imo the discussion doesnt belong to the current context
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Jul 31, 2022 9:26 PM
Sep 2021
I don't like her either, I think she's so pretentious & such a pick me girl. I've read the manga up until chapter 114... my girl, Erika doesn't deserve what happened on that chapter. Ugh. I'm still on episode 11 of the animé coz I'm losing interest in watching.

and yes, LOVED YAMADA KUN!!!
Interesting story line and characters 🫶🏻
Jul 31, 2022 9:34 PM
Jul 2018
I don’t really think so I’m actually starting to like Hiro even though she has the most generic character design out of all the characters in the series but I don’t really think she’s a bad character either but I do think that she needs to be in the series more and get more screen time.
Jul 31, 2022 10:12 PM
Mar 2013
took a whole season to gain footing. what a drag.

at least now, things are getting interesting.

and yes, hiro always hits a nerve 😤
Jul 31, 2022 10:33 PM

Nov 2021
Imma be honest, i don't even know why am i watching this anime since i don't really like harem, i guess i expected something else and now i might as well finish it but it sure does just confirm my dislike for the genre

MC is a generic, boring, not even attractive dude that somehow makes so many extremely popular girls weak in the knees

As for the girls, Hiro is awfully competitive to the point of obsession and i have to agree with the TC that dealing with someone like that irl would be a nightmare, she is not endearing at all

Sachi is his sister...who grows up with someone for like 15 years and as soon as they find out that they are not blood related, switches gears into thirsty mode, just makes no sense to me and i don't have issue with incest in anime but here, it just feels forced

Erika...well, she is by far the most interesting one but she is still a spoiled, sheltered girl that tends to forget what she learned about human relationships in like 30 minutes after it happens

Overall it is not terrible but the most interesting characters are the Umino parents, they are always fun and make the show much better
And the mom is a cutie, always was
Jul 31, 2022 11:27 PM
Apr 2018
dealwithapril_ said:
I don't like her either, I think she's so pretentious & such a pick me girl. I've read the manga up until chapter 114... my girl, Erika doesn't deserve what happened on that chapter. Ugh. I'm still on episode 11 of the animé coz I'm losing interest in watching.

I just went back to continue the new manga chapters, and wow... right after that boat hotel scene, Hiro popped out of nowhere to destroy the story again.

It makes zero sense, this story.

There's no way human relationships work like they do in this manga. It's way too dumb. And the source of the problems came from Hiro for the most part.
Aug 1, 2022 12:49 AM
Jun 2021
bro, if you read the manga, another girl which is nagi's childhood friend and first crush named ai also entered his harem, a v-tuber and famous asf, and he didn't even moved a single bit being with hiro, and hiro is even getting more aggressive as the manga goes further, and its turning me off
Aug 1, 2022 12:54 AM
Feb 2021
Romangelo said:
I've read the manga before, but watching it animated is a lot worse. This one character (Hiro) dragged down the whole show. She's annoying, she doesn't make any sense as a character. Like...

Think about it, Hiro, as a person, she's someone who will value you base on your academic scores... Who even wants to be associated with a person like this in real-life? I wouldn't with a 10 meter pole.

Every scene she appears, she annoys me. Even when she's not appearing, she still drags down this show. The MC looks like a fool being head over heels in love with her, so he ignores the other persons, doesn't care about anyone's feelings. It's always Hiro Hiro Hiro the entire episodes.

And the anime didn't even catch up to the worst part yet... I can't imagine how terrible it's gonna be to watch those scenes, like when

Yeah, she truly is a despicable who makes this show so unpleasantful to watch sometimes with her contemptible acts. It is like she is taking advantage of his feelings for her by hanging him in a bay setting those crazy goals to fall in love with her. In a hindsight, it sounds just so stupid and appalling if you imagine. Girls like her in real life would have been truly ditched & dumped and that's promptly.
Abysmal_Saint76Aug 1, 2022 1:03 AM
Aug 1, 2022 1:33 AM
Oct 2021
Is couple of cuckoos a good anime? Should I start watching it?
Aug 1, 2022 1:37 AM
Oct 2021
Aug 1, 2022 2:03 AM

Mar 2020
7044 said:

It is decent
Drop or watch both is a option
Like for me it’s a mix of quintuplets and kanojo no kanojo
Mc has to chose between 3 girls but is in love one of them but doesn’t really know what love is and gets a dumb advice which makes him realize that he might be wrong gets confused and stuff idk

Aug 1, 2022 2:12 AM

Mar 2020
Romangelo said:

You are right about hiro
But I still want to see him with hiro in the end instead of ending up with Erika or sachi
Simple reason:
- sachi is like still his sister in his head. Only bc she was bitching about him that he should start seeing her as a girl won’t change things that fast
- Erika: “I don’t love you, not yet“ ayo leave my guy alone and continue being his wing-woman

I don’t know and I don’t care why he started to love hiro only because she had better grade and is like a better version of him but we see that he really loves her so let’s make it simple and in the end they become a couple.

Then his father had to mess up everything and awaken his emotions so he can start to get feelings for Erika and sachi wtf

This give me kanojo mo kanojo vibes
You got a girl you love and bc of some dumb reason you start to like another girl too while still liking the first one

A foursome couple would be funny tho 😂

Aug 1, 2022 2:18 AM
Feb 2021
Hiro really is very annoying and stupid as a character. But everything else about this anime I like it so I keep watching. I’m still on episode 12 as I’m on vacation but I will pick it up as soon as I have time.
Aug 1, 2022 2:33 AM
Sep 2021
Romangelo said:
dealwithapril_ said:

I just went back to continue the new manga chapters, and wow... right after that boat hotel scene, Hiro popped out of nowhere to destroy the story again.

There's no way human relationships work like they do in this manga. It's way too dumb. And the source of the problems came from Hiro for the most part.

I agree, the MC has no balls and so indecisive, like dude, make up your mind. His actions and words/thoughts are so contradicting, I don't know what the author is thinking writing that chapter or this plot even. I'm still rooting for Erika though, I'm hoping the manga still have some redeeming moment coming. 😭
Aug 1, 2022 2:42 AM
Sep 2021
LainWulf said:
Imma be honest, i don't even know why am i watching this anime since i don't really like harem, i guess i expected something else and now i might as well finish it but it sure does just confirm my dislike for the genre

MC is a generic, boring, not even attractive dude that somehow makes so many extremely popular girls weak in the knees

As for the girls, Hiro is awfully competitive to the point of obsession and i have to agree with the TC that dealing with someone like that irl would be a nightmare, she is not endearing at all

Sachi is his sister...who grows up with someone for like 15 years and as soon as they find out that they are not blood related, switches gears into thirsty mode, just makes no sense to me and i don't have issue with incest in anime but here, it just feels forced

Erika...well, she is by far the most interesting one but she is still a spoiled, sheltered girl that tends to forget what she learned about human relationships in like 30 minutes after it happens

Overall it is not terrible but the most interesting characters are the Umino parents, they are always fun and make the show much better
And the mom is a cutie, always was

I agree with everything you said, especially with Sachi, what's up with that? You lived with this boy as your brother, suddenly you are into him and developed romantic feelings? That's just unrealistic. I mean, I have a brother and even if I'll discover we are not biologically related, it wouldn't change a thing on how I perceive him as my brother, no amount of dna will get me thirsting over my brother.
Aug 1, 2022 3:28 AM
Jun 2021
The mc is a punching bag lol
Aug 1, 2022 6:42 AM
Apr 2018
Comparing to Kanojo mo Kanojo, that one is more comedy-heavy so I kinda can let it get away with stupid plots sometimes.

Even so, Kanojo mo Kanojo makes more sense than Kakkou no Iinazuke. At least Saki was against it at first, while Erika is like "Okay, let's live together. You can cheat on me. You can date other girls. I don't love you yet. Hell I don't even understand what love is. You probably don't understand love yourself, and even Hiro isn't understand it as well. Nobody in this show has a believable personality and we just want to copy Nisekoi while we anger the readers even more."

Also, Kanojo mo Kanojo has way more likable characters. All the girls are adorable, even the "Onodera" one, the dark hair boring housewife type. Compared to Hiro, she's like an angel.
Aug 1, 2022 6:50 AM
Apr 2018
dealwithapril_ said:
Romangelo said:

I agree, the MC has no balls and so indecisive, like dude, make up your mind. His actions and words/thoughts are so contradicting, I don't know what the author is thinking writing that chapter or this plot even. I'm still rooting for Erika though, I'm hoping the manga still have some redeeming moment coming. 😭

The only possible redeeming moment is to end the story with Erika.

If it's end with Hiro, it'll be a table flipping moment, and this show will be added into the category of Hataraku Maou-sama and Haganai.
Aug 1, 2022 8:08 AM
Sep 2021
Romangelo said:
dealwithapril_ said:

The only possible redeeming moment is to end the story with Erika.

If it's end with Hiro, it'll be a table flipping moment, and this show will be added into the category of Hataraku Maou-sama and Haganai.

omg i swear chiho is maou sama's hiro TT but it's best if we don't talk abt it here though ehe >.<
Aug 1, 2022 8:19 AM

Nov 2014
Wow, so much hate for Hiro in this topic. To me she is easily the best girl. Or rather, the only good one. Obviously now that MC suddenly started questioning his love we can already guess it's Erika's win in the end...

Romangelo said:

Does she? At least from anime perspective they explained that by "engagement" she meant taking over shrine stuff.

Romangelo said:

That's not true though. She is very competitive (which imo is cute on its own) plus she sees his attempt at eating her grades as something impossible for him, which impresses her. You know, the whole talk about changing her destiny? If he can beat her in grades, then she could also hope to change her planned future.
She is friendly towards everyone and values Erika as a friend, and we know how Erika's grades look lol

dealwithapril_ said:

I agree with everything you said, especially with Sachi, what's up with that? You lived with this boy as your brother, suddenly you are into him and developed romantic feelings? That's just unrealistic. I mean, I have a brother and even if I'll discover we are not biologically related, it wouldn't change a thing on how I perceive him as my brother, no amount of dna will get me thirsting over my brother.

I think it's been hinted that Sachi had feelings for him longer. Now she is just gaining speed as she learned they are not siblings.
JustAnotherShiroAug 1, 2022 8:23 AM
Aug 1, 2022 8:51 AM
Apr 2018
Panzer92 said:
Romangelo said:

That's not true though. She is very competitive (which imo is cute on its own) plus she sees his attempt at eating her grades as something impossible for him, which impresses her. You know, the whole talk about changing her destiny? If he can beat her in grades, then she could also hope to change her planned future.
She is friendly towards everyone and values Erika as a friend, and we know how Erika's grades look lol

That's even worse. It's like she's taking advantage of his love, for her own motivation.

And since you mentioned that she became a close friend to Erika.... She KNEW Erika and Nagi are engaged, but she doesn't care about it. She still doing what she's doing, trying to seduce her best friend's fiance. So there you go, another reason why Hiro is a terrible person.
Aug 1, 2022 9:54 AM
Jan 2021
Really? I usually hate her type in anime but she’s not that annoying comparatively to most harems. She’s kind of like the Ruka type in Rent a Girlfriend except actually interesting and not selfish.

She’s alright, I don’t really have any problems with any of the characters, which is kind of rare
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Aug 1, 2022 1:56 PM
Sep 2020
Hiro is easily the best girl she actually seems like a real person and not a generic anime heroine. Can see why weebs wouldn’t like her tho
Aug 1, 2022 2:13 PM
Feb 2021
womanrspector said:
Hiro is easily the best girl she actually seems like a real person and not a generic anime heroine. Can see why weebs wouldn’t like her tho

"What? She didn't immediately fall for the MC after his confession? She had to get to know him first before deciding if it was worth going against her family's wishes and put her parent's livelihood in jeopardy just to date this guy who she doesn't know? She wants some sign that he's serious about this, and some sort of assurance that maybe her fate can be changed before she can risk opening her heart? What a terrible girl!"
Aug 2, 2022 2:13 AM
Apr 2018
In a show that everyone looks good, how could she manage to be this ugly?

Aug 2, 2022 7:52 AM

Nov 2014
Romangelo said:

And since you mentioned that she became a close friend to Erika.... She KNEW Erika and Nagi are engaged, but she doesn't care about it. She still doing what she's doing, trying to seduce her best friend's fiance. So there you go, another reason why Hiro is a terrible person.

As far as anime goes, she doesn't know it yet. Or at least we don't know she does. It's anime forum board. But assuming what you wrote is true and she knows, then what's the problem? Protagonist himself is hitting on her while engaged, why would she care about his own engagement more than he does? On top of that he is asking her to break her promise to family/"engagement" to be with him. I'd say it's more than fair to expect the same from him here.
Aug 3, 2022 10:54 AM
Apr 2018
I'm a lot happier and more entertained by watching Mamahaha no Tsurego. That one is a gem of this season. Way more likable main guy and main girl. Even the second girl is adorable. The char designs remind me of Eromanga-sensei too, not sure if it's the same artist, but it's an awesome anime.
Aug 22, 2022 7:45 AM

Jul 2014
The problem with Hiro for me, she is just "completely perfect".
The girl can almost do everything, perfect in academic, can cook, athletic, beautiful looking with great body, know martial arts and self-defense, strong mentality, never scared on anything, not a crybaby, adding to all that she is a shrine maiden which is like a symbol for pureness, literally there is no deficiency anywhere else on her.

We all know how characters like this turn out in most story, they'll likely become bland, uninteresting, and just painfully not enjoyable to watch, because all and all even tho it's not for most cases, people just can't even try relate to such pefect character and make those characters likeable for them.

Legit the thing that came out to my mind whenever she appears is "oh it's this girl again (yawn)", at least other characters a bit better and have their own lacking that make us support them to overcome those problems, with Hiro you just can't.
But tbf the show seems gone downhill for me..

I personally don't hate her as character, there are a lot worse characters out there that ever exist, but i just find her to be the least interesting one in the group..
Crocospect22Aug 22, 2022 7:54 AM
Aug 22, 2022 9:09 AM
Apr 2018
The problem is the show will probably finish before adapting the part in the manga where Hiro shows her true face. So people who only watch the anime will think that she's a pure heart girl, which is totally not her true character.
Aug 22, 2022 9:23 AM
Apr 2018
The latest manga chapters make no sense...

I know this kind of Nisekoi-esque manga will rotate focus from one girl to another, but when it's getting into the last part of the story, that needs to stop, otherwise you'll make the MC look bad, and the readers will feel the inconsistency in the story. Like... you don't see the MC of Nisekoi goes oversea to search for Chitoge, then flies back to chase after Onodera at that point into the story. It's just stupid. This one is probably the worst manga of this category.
RomangeloAug 23, 2022 9:44 AM
Aug 22, 2022 6:11 PM
May 2021
Yeah. I agree with this post. Honestly I change my rating from 10 to 8 because of this fact. Hiro should have far less screen time to make this show much better
Aug 23, 2022 6:48 AM
Mar 2021
I really don't get why she is so hated. I'm not saying you can't prefer other girl,of course you can. But SO FAR on the ANIME,Hiro is the one with the most chemistry and development with Nagi. You guys are just like the fandom of quintuplets,that wants the mc to stay with the girl you like the most on top of the girl the mc likes the most.
Aug 23, 2022 9:49 AM
Apr 2018
Guga2206 said:
I really don't get why she is so hated. I'm not saying you can't prefer other girl,of course you can. But SO FAR on the ANIME,Hiro is the one with the most chemistry and development with Nagi. You guys are just like the fandom of quintuplets,that wants the mc to stay with the girl you like the most on top of the girl the mc likes the most.

The problem is... in Go-toubun, or in Bokuben, or most of the other similar shows, you don't know who's the real heroine or the one that the MC's gonna end up with. But in Kakkou no Iinazuke, it's so damn clear that Erika is the main girl and the author only use Hiro as a plot device.

She's a plot device that's getting way too much screen time and spotlight to the point that it's annoying, and distracting the main story. It's episode 17 out of 24 and Nagi-Erika still barely progressed, all because of Nagi keeps skirt-chasing Hiro, and Hiro keeps seducing Nagi. It's been like this for what? 10+ episodes.
Aug 23, 2022 10:54 AM
Mar 2021
Romangelo said:
Guga2206 said:

The problem is... in Go-toubun, or in Bokuben, or most of the other similar shows, you don't know who's the real heroine or the one that the MC's gonna end up with. But in Kakkou no Iinazuke, it's so damn clear that Erika is the main girl and the author only use Hiro as a plot device.

She's a plot device that's getting way too much screen time and spotlight to the point that it's annoying, and distracting the main story. It's episode 17 out of 24 and Nagi-Erika still barely progressed, all because of Nagi keeps skirt-chasing Hiro, and Hiro keeps seducing Nagi. It's been like this for what? 10+ episodes.
Romangelo said:
Guga2206 said:

I understand your point but you need to think that a story needs a conflict,something to make us care. He can't just stay with the girl with no obstacles,it would be weak. I'm only watching the anime so please don't spoil me but what if this history is not so predictable and maybe the mc is not staying with the "obvious" girl(Erika in the case). I really don't care who he is staying with(I just don't want it to be Sachi)as long as it's well developed and well made
Aug 23, 2022 12:54 PM
Apr 2018
Guga2206 said:
Romangelo said:

Romangelo said:

I understand your point but you need to think that a story needs a conflict,something to make us care. He can't just stay with the girl with no obstacles,it would be weak. I'm only watching the anime so please don't spoil me but what if this history is not so predictable and maybe the mc is not staying with the "obvious" girl(Erika in the case). I really don't care who he is staying with(I just don't want it to be Sachi)as long as it's well developed and well made

There's no good development in this story. The latest manga chapters even messed everything up further.
Aug 23, 2022 1:40 PM

Jan 2021
ngl, i don't like Hiro, too.
Roxy

Aug 24, 2022 3:47 AM

Aug 2017
Hiro's personality is pretty annoying

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Aug 24, 2022 7:25 PM
Feb 2017
7044 said:
It's good. The comedy isn't cringey and the drama, slice-of-life and romance moments are so wholesome that even made teared up a bit.

It's even better than the overrated romance comedy animes such as toradora, horimiya, wotakoi and golden time imo. You will enjoy it if you don't mind Hiro and Sachi's traits based on people's complaints here...
Aug 26, 2022 8:58 AM
Mar 2016
watched 7 episodes so far and I don't see Harem that much. some scenes are so ridiculous kinda a little on the childish but not fully. the first episode was interesting but after that the rest is no more romance like the genre told me. nope don't see harem there. all three girls so far don't show any effection. 7 episodes are so slow if that's the case. then the manga is even more extremely slow which is not my style.
Aug 26, 2022 12:30 PM
Aug 2021
I just need to say this once and only once: Hiro is the best girl. I don't care if the MC ends with Erica, he is wishy washy and I hate him anyway. All I want to see is a better ending for my girl unlike Onodera.
Aug 26, 2022 8:57 PM
Apr 2018
Naruxsasumi2 said:
I just need to say this once and only once: Hiro is the best girl. I don't care if the MC ends with Erica, he is wishy washy and I hate him anyway. All I want to see is a better ending for my girl unlike Onodera.

Hiro will probably marry that slangy poggers guy and have children together. The author did something like that in Yamada-kun's ending.
Aug 27, 2022 5:43 PM

Sep 2018
Because of Hiro? Try the biggest, screaming clown, garbage, punchable face character of all time, Nagi. Not to mention this show feels like a montage of many older shows, carelessly thrown together, it's just endless generic tropes and cliches halfheartedly executed, along with some of the worst humor I've seen in a while. Just like how Tomodachi Game was tailor made for the younger audience, this show is in the same boat, babies first harem/romcom I suppose....
Aug 28, 2022 2:10 AM
Apr 2018
Nagi is a horrible MC, but it's Hiro who made him that way.

The author decided to create Hiro as his love interest, making him skirt-chasing Hiro for the entire story. It makes him look bad and Sachi actually calls him out for that later in the manga (that him being a skirt-chaser is unpleasant).

RomangeloAug 28, 2022 2:15 AM
Sep 3, 2022 6:01 AM

May 2009
Romangelo said:

I really don't get how could Yoshikawa pull such stupid writing. Like holy shit, how could you forget something that happened a chapter ago.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Was anyone else hoping, for more?

SofiaBulga - Nov 15, 2022

8 by Mainblocks »»
Apr 17, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Kakkou no Iinazuke Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2022

72 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Mar 15, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Kakkou no Iinazuke Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

129 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Mar 15, 3:31 AM

» From where to start manga?

sb-ishan-99 - Mar 6

5 by baymaxemon »»
Mar 12, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Kakkou no Iinazuke Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2022

45 by claymorwan »»
Mar 5, 1:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.