Forum Settings
Forums

Aikatsu! Photo on Stage!! 【アイカツ!フォトonステージ!!】

New
Jan 26, 2016 6:51 PM

Jan 2015

Photokatsu has been released in the Google Play Store!

Alternatively, to circumvent region locks, you can download the .apk from here.

Use this thread for both general discussion about the game, and for helping each other out. Let's Aikatsu!

pshuJan 27, 2016 12:24 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 26, 2016 8:58 PM

Jul 2008
I am at work, but I made it through the intro portion. I will play it all night tonight. So excited~

(Upset it is not full voiced though...but I guess it is good Japanese practice).
Jan 26, 2016 9:21 PM

Jan 2015
A few notes regarding the rhythm portion of the game: there are 3 different types of buttons.

Green: Just tap it once it fills
Gold: Hold it until the meter reaches the end
Red: You'll need to hit these simultaneously. If they're beside each other I find that swiping both of them works (really helpful in times of desperation imo)

If you miss any you drop your combo and you don't get as many points - pretty standard for a rhythm game. If you fill up the meter on the side you can perform a special appeal!

There are four different types of units characterized by trump card suits: Cute (Heart), Cool (Diamond), Sexy (Spade), Pop (Club). When you are selecting your unit, the three at the top appear to get bonuses, so it's probably best to put your best idols there. If you're like me and got a free SR Yurika and Sumire then perhaps it's best to use your cool unit? Note, however, that songs have these types too (ie. Signalize is a Cool type song indicated by the diamond). You probably get more points by matching idols that suit the song.

EDIT: I find that you should just use your unit with the highest aura and most bonuses for best results. Play around in Unit Organization and name it something cool.

On the home page: the happy faces are like your "vitality", a pretty common concept for mobile games. It replenishes slowly with time, but can also be fully replenished by ranking up. The yellow stars are a type of currency you can get in-game. The blue stars are premium currency that you have to purchase. You can get more idol photos with them. The pink hearts are used for levelling up your idols. The more training fodder you use the more hearts it requires. They're also needed for upgrading (or "dress up")

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about any of this.

EDIT: Don't let your phone sleep while something is downloading (ダウンロード中). Froze my game.
pshuJan 27, 2016 3:13 AM
Jan 27, 2016 12:26 AM

Jan 2015
Updated the OP with menu translations and some information on what each button does. Hope it helps!
Jan 27, 2016 12:35 AM

Apr 2009
i can't play this game bcoz it has error
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Jan 27, 2016 12:45 AM

Jan 2015
Prankster_001 said:
i can't play this game bcoz it has error

Do you have a screenshot of the error? Maybe somebody else is experiencing the same thing.
Jan 27, 2016 1:09 AM

Apr 2009
@shy_imouto did u play this game w/o the code? and here's the error message

Jan 27, 2016 1:16 AM

Jan 2015
Prankster_001 said:

Yes, I played without the code. I just started a new game and the preregistration gifts were in my present box.
Jan 27, 2016 1:19 AM

Nov 2011
異常な値を検出しました。
An abnormal variable was detected.
ユーザーサポートまでお問い合わせください。
Please contact the user support.
エラーコード: 1015
Error code: 1015

Well, you could try and contact them, but chances are they don't speak/understand English.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jan 27, 2016 1:25 AM

Jan 2015
They've already tweeted about this issue. You need to turn off the USB debugging on the programmer settings. Try it and see if that helps.
Jan 27, 2016 1:26 AM

Nov 2011
having the same error on my iPhone...rip
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

Jan 27, 2016 1:27 AM

Apr 2009
If i play PhotoKatsu once the errors are fixed here's my ranking system (Military style)

Prankster_001Jan 27, 2016 4:43 AM

Jan 27, 2016 1:29 AM

Nov 2011
error running on iOS 9.0
seems like they didn't fully test the app before release...

edit: please tell me it's not because of jailbreak. i need those cydia extensions... >.<;;

edit: might be best to list the official site in your first post
https://aikatsu-pos.bn-ent.net/

and maybe the itunes app
https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/aikatsu!fotoonsuteji!!/id1039249521?mt=8

though the official site already have a link for both Google Play and itunes anyway

edit: welp, tried using emulator, but that didn't work :L
DreamingBeatsJan 27, 2016 2:35 AM

Jan 27, 2016 6:17 AM

Nov 2009
Prankster_001 said:

Its the same for me
Jan 27, 2016 11:16 AM

Jan 2009
re-rolled until i had an aoi PR (only 4 tries lol, i got lucky). i actually wanted the ichigo because holy shit that photo but all the downloading was too mendokusai so i settled on aoi. she's the strongest photo for now both in terms of aura and appeal so that works pretty well for me. together with the starter SRs my the cool attribute in my team is quite strong.
Jan 27, 2016 12:38 PM

Nov 2011
still getting error. halp pls ;__;

Jan 27, 2016 4:00 PM

Jan 2015
Apparently the game detects and blocks rooted devices.
Jan 27, 2016 5:24 PM

Nov 2011
my device is jailbroken. that means i need to unjailbreak to play
noooo

other games (SS, LL) plays fine even with jailbreak though
this sucks... if true.

edit: then again, in other game that doesn't let you play, it specifically says that the game cannot be run on a jailbroken device and will automatically close.

Jan 27, 2016 6:00 PM

Jul 2008
danz said:
re-rolled until i had an aoi PR (only 4 tries lol, i got lucky). i actually wanted the ichigo because holy shit that photo but all the downloading was too mendokusai so i settled on aoi. she's the strongest photo for now both in terms of aura and appeal so that works pretty well for me. together with the starter SRs my the cool attribute in my team is quite strong.

Nice. I played for a while last night and got to Rank 11. I also rolled an SR Mizuki and Mikuru. I did not think about rerolling until someone mentioned it to me a few hours ago....but now it does not really feel worth it to uninstall and do it all over again. But I guess if I just skipped the scenarios this time instead of reading them it would not take that long...ahhh idk. Hahha.
Jan 27, 2016 11:09 PM

Apr 2009
shy_imouto said:
ouch!

Jan 28, 2016 1:20 AM

Apr 2013
Thx for posting the link to the apk!
I've been waiting for this and I love this game already so much. But there are still some bugs left~
Rank 20+ atm, got a super cute Aoi SR right in the beginning. Than my luck left me. D:

And I'm also playing Love Live. Welcome to idol hell...
Sayo3Jan 28, 2016 9:58 AM
Jan 28, 2016 4:46 AM

Nov 2009
Prankster_001 said:
shy_imouto said:
ouch!

Well I will never get to play it then xD
Jan 28, 2016 4:59 AM

Apr 2009
@Lobke i think were both using Bluestacks

Jan 28, 2016 5:07 AM

Jul 2008
I decided to keep deleting/redownloading until I got a PR XD So back to rank 1 but worth it!
Jan 28, 2016 7:43 AM

Jan 2015
Whenever I tried to enter the 2wingS event, my game crashed. Did some searching around the internet and found that you need to have your device set to JST (GMT+9). Did that and I can now access the event scenario.

Honestly this is a huge inconvenience, but I'll put up with it for Aikatsu. I hope switching back and forth won't mess up my login bonuses.
Jan 28, 2016 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
I'm sorry, but i have to say the game has been a disaster so far. Bugs left and right, with quite a few unable to play because of error. They released the game far too soon without ironing out all the bugs - or at least the most critical ones. Maybe they have a shortage of programmers, idk. The game first impressions is critical, and so far it did not impress.
Of course, Aikatsu fans - especially the hardcore fans - will still try and play the game and put up with the error, but I don't see the average gamer trying out and sticking with the game - let alone pay for the in-game content - unless they fix those bugs.

The game is relying mostly on the fans to stay alive so far, and that's a terrible, terrible idea. They need to attract people outside the fandom as well - just like LLSIF and SS did.

Jan 28, 2016 10:11 PM

Jul 2008
DreamingBeats said:
The game is relying mostly on the fans to stay alive so far, and that's a terrible, terrible idea. They need to attract people outside the fandom as well - just like LLSIF and SS did.

Agree...unfortunately I am one of those hardcore fans though. The app has crashed for me maybe 5 or so times now (and I am using a Japanse smart phone in Japan, lol). The rating in the app store is not that great either. It was dropping every time I checked (3.6 last time I looked). Also, still super disappointed nothing is voiced. Every other idol app I know about is...lol.

Either way, あい・かつ・あい・かつ。。。!
Jan 28, 2016 11:06 PM

Nov 2011
updated to the latest iOS version - which means i lost my jailbreak
still getting the same error. >.<;;

edit: they really should hire more programmers...
unless they don't mind losing their reputation as a game company
or risk losing fans (i'm sure if the game is frustrating and crashes all the time, it could lead some fans to even quit the Aikatsu fandom)

edit 2:
いか・つあ・いか・つあ
Ika tour Ika tour Ika tour

edit 3: i don't know what the site developers did, but they completely broke
the bbcode. things inside spoilers no longer work as they should.

フォトの所持上限が近い状態でライブシミュレーションを実施し、フォトの所持上限を超えたまま、アプリを終了させると、正常にゲームがプレイできなくなる不具合を確認しております。
https://twitter.com/aikatsu_photo/status/692958599727988738
We're currently verifying a bug where if you have near the maximum amount of photos and try to a live simulation or go over the maximum number of photos AND quit the game, the game no longer works.

恐れ入りますが、ライブシミュレーションを実施される前に、「魅力伝授」や「トレード」等で事前にフォト所持枠に余裕がある状態にしていただけますと幸いです。
https://twitter.com/aikatsu_photo/status/692958656925671425

Sorry for imposing, but before doing a live simulation through training or trade to ensure the amount of photos you have is below the maximum.

また、ライブシミュレーション実施後フォトの所持上限を超えた場合は、そのままアプリを終了させず、一度「ユニット編成」画面に入って、出ていただけますと問題なくプレイいただけます。
https://twitter.com/aikatsu_photo/status/692958701909598208

Also, if you have reached over the maximum number of photos after a simulation, do not quit the app and instead go to unit composition (ユニット編成) and leave, you'll be able to play without issues.

なお、本不具合は現在修正対応中となります。修正完了時には改めてお知らせいたします。補填内容につきましては、後日追ってお知らせいたします。今しばらくお待ちくださいますようお願いいたします。
https://twitter.com/aikatsu_photo/status/692958764698357760

Furthermore, we're currently dealing with the current bugs
We'll announce later the time when we're done fixing.
We'll make an announcement regarding the compensation at a later date.
Please wait a little while.

so basically, if you're playing the game, be careful to not go near the maximum
not sure why it causes a bug, but apparently it does.
DreamingBeatsJan 28, 2016 11:48 PM

Jan 28, 2016 11:50 PM

Apr 2009
DreamingBeats said:
updated to the latest iOS version - which means i lost my jailbreak
still getting the same error. >.<;;

edit: they really should hire more programmers...
unless they don't mind losing their reputation as a game company
or risk losing fans (i'm sure if the game is frustrating and crashes all the time, it could lead some fans to even quit the Aikatsu fandom)

edit 2:
いか・つあ・いか・つあ
Ika tour Ika tour Ika tour

edit 3: i don't know what the site developers did, but they completely broke
the bbcode. things inside spoilers no longer work as they should.

フォトの所持上限が近い状態でライブシミュレーションを実施し、フォトの所持上限を超えたまま、アプリを終了させると、正常にゲームがプレイできなくなる不具合を確認しております。
https://twitter.com/aikatsu_photo/status/692958599727988738
We're currently verifying a bug where if you have near the maximum amount of photos and try to a live simulation or go over the maximum number of photos AND quit the game, the game no longer works.

恐れ入りますが、ライブシミュレーションを実施される前に、「魅力伝授」や「トレード」等で事前にフォト所持枠に余裕がある状態にしていただけますと幸いです。
https://twitter.com/aikatsu_photo/status/692958656925671425

Sorry for imposing, but before doing a live simulation through training or trade to ensure the amount of photos you have is below the maximum.

また、ライブシミュレーション実施後フォトの所持上限を超えた場合は、そのままアプリを終了させず、一度「ユニット編成」画面に入って、出ていただけますと問題なくプレイいただけます。
https://twitter.com/aikatsu_photo/status/692958701909598208

Also, if you have reached over the maximum number of photos after a simulation, do not quit the app and instead go to unit composition (ユニット編成) and leave, you'll be able to play without issues.

なお、本不具合は現在修正対応中となります。修正完了時には改めてお知らせいたします。補填内容につきましては、後日追ってお知らせいたします。今しばらくお待ちくださいますようお願いいたします。
https://twitter.com/aikatsu_photo/status/692958764698357760

Furthermore, we're currently dealing with the current bugs
We'll announce later the time when we're done fixing.
We'll make an announcement regarding the compensation at a later date.
Please wait a little while.

so basically, if you're playing the game, be careful to not go near the maximum
not sure why it causes a bug, but apparently it does.

i hope they fix these bugs and errors so were ready to play with alll the time !

Jan 28, 2016 11:55 PM

Nov 2011
i'm not sure how having maximum photos is causing such errors.
in LL and SS, all the excess cards are stored in a "vault" of sort, and in the case of LL, the vault is infinite in size and the cards inside last for 2 months before being deleted
SS have a limit of 100 and the cards or items last for 13 days.

Jan 29, 2016 12:07 AM

Jan 2015
At least they're acknowledging that these are indeed bugs. I wonder how they will compensate. I hope they fix the timezone crashing issue...
Jan 29, 2016 12:11 AM

Nov 2011
i just hope they're also looking into the 1015 error as some of us can't even play at all
>.<

Jan 29, 2016 12:37 AM

Apr 2009
DreamingBeats said:
i just hope they're also looking into the 1015 error as some of us can't even play at all
>.<
they must fix that error 1015 so we can play it and make an alliance with the Aikatsu idols! and i hope it will work on the emulator once if they fix it

Jan 29, 2016 1:00 AM

Jan 2015
Ah, I forgot I'm one of the fortunate ones. Hopefully they sort that out.
Jan 29, 2016 1:11 AM

Apr 2009
shy_imouto said:
Ah, I forgot I'm one of the fortunate ones. Hopefully they sort that out.
let's hope for that :|

Jan 29, 2016 4:21 AM

Jan 2009
GarLogan78 said:
I decided to keep deleting/redownloading until I got a PR XD So back to rank 1 but worth it!
did you go through with it?
Jan 29, 2016 8:43 PM

Nov 2011
昨日ツイートさせていただきました不具合につきまして、原因特定ができましたので、現在アプリのアップデート対応を進めております。 恐れ入りますが、対応完了まで今しばらくお待ちくださいますようお願いいたします。
https://twitter.com/aikatsu_photo/status/693241246228217857

We found the cause of the bug from yesterday and we're currently updating the app.
Sorry to impose, but please wait a bit until we're done fixing the problem.

people are not very happy with waiting though
はやくしてくれ
finish it quickly (=finish the update/bug fixing already)

早くやりたいので出来れば早くして下さい!!(⌒‐⌒)
I want to play soon, so if possible please do it quickly.

it's been at least 3 hours and no new update...

Jan 29, 2016 10:14 PM

Jul 2008
danz said:
GarLogan78 said:
did you go through with it?

Oh yeah sorry, I meant it was worth it to get the PR. My starting team ended up being PR Seira, SR Ichigo, SR Ran.
Jan 29, 2016 10:21 PM

Nov 2011
GarLogan78 said:
The rating in the app store is not that great either. It was dropping every time I checked (3.6 last time I looked)

the rating is now 3 stars overall, and there's quite a few 1 ~2 stars review (though there are still plenty of 4-5 stars as well)
(on Google it shows as 3.5, but when you check the rating for the current version
it shows as 3)

3 stars is "borderline decent" imo
if the rating goes below that, idk >.>

edit: and many of the 1-2 stars is because people are experiencing bugs / not being able to play at all.
DreamingBeatsJan 29, 2016 10:42 PM

Jan 29, 2016 11:15 PM

Apr 2009
DreamingBeats said:
GarLogan78 said:
The rating in the app store is not that great either. It was dropping every time I checked (3.6 last time I looked)

the rating is now 3 stars overall, and there's quite a few 1 ~2 stars review (though there are still plenty of 4-5 stars as well)
(on Google it shows as 3.5, but when you check the rating for the current version
it shows as 3)

3 stars is "borderline decent" imo
if the rating goes below that, idk >.>

edit: and many of the 1-2 stars is because people are experiencing bugs / not being able to play at all.

they must fix the errors and bugs in this game so we can play it :( or else they will lose their morale!

Jan 30, 2016 7:51 AM

Jul 2008
魅力伝授: Appeal Instruction - No idol improves without sacrifice! Feed your Johnnys and extras to photos you want to level up. Do NOT feed your good photos to level up another photo, you'll lose them forever! Costs more hearts for upgrading photos with more experience.

For more details on this, from what I understand, sacrificing other idols increases the cards photo level. Sacrificing the same idol (the same card) increases the skill level.
Jan 30, 2016 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
メンテナンス日時は変更となる場合もございます。なお、今回はAndroid端末の対応となり、iOSをご利用のお客様は、恐れ入りますが対応完了まで今しばらくお待ちいただけますよう、 お願いいたします。
https://twitter.com/aikatsu_photo/status/693367679634157568

Maintenance date and time may change. Furthermore, the bug fixes for today only concerns Android. Sorry to impose, but we ask those using iOS to wait a bit longer.

不具合修正作業に伴い、一度ユニット編成をリセットさせていただいております。ご対象のお客様は、大変お手数をおかけし申し訳ございませんが、再度フォトの編成をお願いいたします。
https://twitter.com/aikatsu_photo/status/693420205309956097
As part of thebug fixing, we had to reset the unit formation. Sorry for causing such trouble, but we ask those who got their unit reset to set it once again.

本日は緊急メンテナンスの実施・延長でお客様にはご迷惑をおかけしました。お詫びとしまして、「ノーマルスター」25個、「Rジョニー別府」4枚、「SRハッピージュエル」2枚を、順次プレゼントボックスに配布しております。
https://twitter.com/aikatsu_photo/status/693444896158408705

We are sorry for extending the emergency maintenance. As compensation for the extended maintenance, we'll be giving 25 Normals stars, 4 Johny Pep Rs and 2 Happy Jewel SRs. They'll be in your present box.

なお、iOS版については引き続き修正対応中となります。修正完了時には改めてお知らせいたします。恐れ入りますが、修正対応完了まで今しばらくお待ちくださいますようお願いいたします。
https://twitter.com/aikatsu_photo/status/693420481999863808

In addition, we're currently fixing bugs for iOS. We'll inform the time when the bug fixing will be finished at a later time. Sorry to impose, but please wait a bit until we're done fixing.

so they seem to be fixing iOS bugs now...hopefully the error 1015 will go away.
considering how many iOS users were unable to play the game since it's launch,
i don't think the compensation they'll likely give be even close to enough, but eh.

Jan 30, 2016 9:32 AM

Nov 2011
so apparently more bugs in the game...

【Urgent message to Android users 1/2】 We discovered a major bug in the updated version and we're currently fixing it. As a result, we're temporarily preventing android users from playing the game.

【Urgent message to Android users 2/2】
We're currently fixing the bug. Sorry to impose, but we ask Android users to refrain from starting up the game. Sorry for the trouble.

i wonder what bug they found this time... :p

edit: and they now seem to be in damage-control mode
i feel bad for whoever is in charge in fixing the bugs >.>

edit:

【to Android user】Currently we uploaded version 1.06 to GooglePlay which fixed the bugs, and there's a need to wait until the update becomes available. We ask you to wait a bit more.

>no update on bug fix for iOS

edit:

Sorry for the trouble, but please update to the latest version.
25 Normal stars were given as compensation and can be found in the present box.

【to Android users】If version 1.0.6 doesn't appear in your GooglePlay, go to the general settings and clear the cache, then try accessing GooglePlay again.
Sorry for the trouble.
DreamingBeatsJan 30, 2016 4:16 PM

Jan 30, 2016 11:29 PM

Apr 2009
DreamingBeats said:
so apparently more bugs in the game...

【Urgent message to Android users 1/2】 We discovered a major bug in the updated version and we're currently fixing it. As a result, we're temporarily preventing android users from playing the game.

【Urgent message to Android users 2/2】
We're currently fixing the bug. Sorry to impose, but we ask Android users to refrain from starting up the game. Sorry for the trouble.

i wonder what bug they found this time... :p

edit: and they now seem to be in damage-control mode
i feel bad for whoever is in charge in fixing the bugs >.>

edit:

【to Android user】Currently we uploaded version 1.06 to GooglePlay which fixed the bugs, and there's a need to wait until the update becomes available. We ask you to wait a bit more.

>no update on bug fix for iOS

edit:

Sorry for the trouble, but please update to the latest version.
25 Normal stars were given as compensation and can be found in the present box.

【to Android users】If version 1.0.6 doesn't appear in your GooglePlay, go to the general settings and clear the cache, then try accessing GooglePlay again.
Sorry for the trouble.

still can't play it on the Bluestacks!

Jan 31, 2016 10:34 PM

Nov 2011
they released a bug fix for iOS users, but i still can't play.
i still get the same error 1015 for no reason.
i don't even....this game officially doesn't want me in the game.

Jan 31, 2016 10:57 PM

Apr 2009
@DreamingBeats had u tried downloading Andyroid? search for google w/ the keyword "andyroid" and then DL it it is better than Bluestacks

Jan 31, 2016 10:59 PM

Nov 2011
@Prankster_001 do you know if it's even available for download on andyroid?
i tried Bluestacks and it's not available...
maybe that changed after the update, but i highly doubt it.
DreamingBeatsJan 31, 2016 11:20 PM

Jan 31, 2016 11:21 PM

Apr 2009
DreamingBeats said:
@Prankster_001 do you know if it's even available for download on andyroid?
i tried Bluestacks and it's not available...
maybe that changed after the update, but i highly doubt it.

i dunno but DL the qooapp after DL the Andy emulator

Feb 3, 2016 4:51 AM

Nov 2009
Any updates? Saw a message pop-up that sent me tot the apps page.
Feb 3, 2016 5:28 AM

Jan 2015
Lobke said:
Any updates? Saw a message pop-up that sent me tot the apps page.

You have to update to 1.0.6 to open the game.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» favorite aikatsu! songs

DreamingBeats - Jan 19, 2017

15 by VivaceRex »»
Feb 18, 7:05 AM

» Favorite Idol

Dodecahedron-O24 - Dec 8, 2015

31 by mrittikahoque1 »»
May 22, 2022 2:13 AM

Sticky: Poll: » Favorite Aikatsu Stars! Idol Poll [2016-201?]

Lobke - Oct 29, 2016

22 by Edocchi »»
Apr 12, 2020 1:16 PM

» Join our New Discord: Bluestone Aikatsu

AyamiOoruri29 - Mar 16, 2018

0 by AyamiOoruri29 »»
Mar 16, 2018 10:14 PM

» Aikatsu Friends! PV

AyamiOoruri29 - Mar 1, 2018

0 by AyamiOoruri29 »»
Mar 1, 2018 8:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.