Forum Settings
Forums

I have Been looking for the Clannad Game in English For a long time and I finally found it!

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 18, 2010 3:29 AM

Feb 2010
windeen-windy said:
Is it mostly for guys to play?
Or can girls play it without feeling strange?
I mean, the player plays Tomoya right?
What's it like? I'm like to play it but someone mentioned having to re-format after playing and I don't know how much GB it takes up... would it be possible to put it on a disk? Like make a game CD ROM or something?
(I have no idea how to do that-I only know how to burn DVDs and music and data CD's).
Sorry for the probably dumb questions, but I don't have a lot of room on my computer because of my small business and stuff.... so I'm trying to figure out if girls can play it too and enjoy it and how much room it takes up mainly I guess ^^;

it sums up to 2.5 gb.....doesn't really slow down computer since it uses little amount of memory...

if you have any favorite characters in clannad then you'll definitely love this game...

not sure if you'll be really happy on the first try...but it will cost you a lot of time reading their monologues and understand what to do next....It's also like a dating simulator rather than a visual novel since you'll be working about relationships...
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Apr 18, 2010 3:44 AM

Mar 2009
Yeah, I have a lot of favorite characters from Clannad actually ^^

Tomoya's number 1 for me of course- but there's about 12 other characters I love... that includes the Pig Botan and the cat(I can't remember his name though).

I might give it a try... watching the dub again made me curious ab=gain. I watch a lot of heram and reverse heram animes because of the romance mostly... so I think, as long as there's not much fan service aimes at guys and no hentai, I may at some point try it... I'm too curious for my own good and use to playing games others might find boring (Bellasara, Neopets, Adventure quest worlds & Dragon fable are a few).

My Comp only has 4 GBs so it might slow it down a bit... but I'll think about it ^^

Thanks.
Apr 21, 2010 10:01 AM

Feb 2010

After all those clicks....finally...
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Apr 21, 2010 12:35 PM

Nov 2009
Once I finish I'm going to post the entire CG for those too lazy to play
(BTW you can also play in full screen mode)
Apr 21, 2010 5:12 PM

Mar 2010
Finally figured it out. except now when i open the game itl go to the menu thing. then i click to one of them and then it freezes and it says the program is not responding. I tried it on 2 of my computers and this happened to both. has anyone else run into this problem? Is there a way to fix it? and how do you get the english?
SnowfieldApr 21, 2010 5:36 PM
Anpan!

Apr 21, 2010 7:37 PM

Feb 2010
muffer said:
Once I finish I'm going to post the entire CG for those too lazy to play
(BTW you can also play in full screen mode)

@muffer: It was fullscreen....I just used the option tabs....

@Snowfield: Never had that problem....Close up unneeded programs...

Apr 21, 2010 9:57 PM

Oct 2008
i Found a version on DS on digital haze if you guys are curious
Sadly only some routes are finished, like 3( Misae's, Kotomi, and Tomoyo's(only this one isn't voiced, but is finished in scripts and etc
http://digital-haze.net/ch/vnds/kareha.pl/1237976949/

Apr 21, 2010 10:30 PM

Feb 2010
already finished those...

Apr 22, 2010 3:54 PM

Mar 2010
guess im gonna try a third computer.
Anpan!

Apr 22, 2010 4:56 PM

Mar 2010
Ok i finally got it to work. but now how do i change it to english.

(sorry for bothering everyone with this)
Anpan!

Apr 22, 2010 9:42 PM

Oct 2008
Assuming you have the one i have... i copy and pasted the insturctions in the read me

Note: The Audio Patch requires some updates to the gameexe.ini file in the Clannad folder. The seen.txt file also needs to be updated if you want the english language text through the game and afterstory. Following these steps should give you a working installation.

Step 1: Make sure that your pc has the appropriate Japanese language support files installed and that your default non-unicode language is set to Japanese.

Step 2: Mount the Clannad.cdi disc image using daemon tools or virtual cd. (extracted from the Clannad-cdi.rar file).

Step 3: Do the full Clannad installation.

Step 4: Make a backup copy of the seen.txt and gameexe.ini files from the clannad installation directory (typically c:\key\Clannad)

Step 5: Extract the Voice and text patch files, then copy them to the Clannad directory. You can keep the directory structure of the source files, so you should overwrite the existing gameexe.ini and seen.txt files, as well as creating a new folder named koe that will contain the voice resource files. Basically, just copy the contents of the clannad_patch folder to the c:\key\clannad directory, overwriting files as needed.

Apr 22, 2010 9:46 PM

Mar 2010
Bladeguy said:
Assuming you have the one i have... i copy and pasted the insturctions in the read me

Note: The Audio Patch requires some updates to the gameexe.ini file in the Clannad folder. The seen.txt file also needs to be updated if you want the english language text through the game and afterstory. Following these steps should give you a working installation.

Step 1: Make sure that your pc has the appropriate Japanese language support files installed and that your default non-unicode language is set to Japanese.

Step 2: Mount the Clannad.cdi disc image using daemon tools or virtual cd. (extracted from the Clannad-cdi.rar file).

Step 3: Do the full Clannad installation.

Step 4: Make a backup copy of the seen.txt and gameexe.ini files from the clannad installation directory (typically c:keyClannad)

Step 5: Extract the Voice and text patch files, then copy them to the Clannad directory. You can keep the directory structure of the source files, so you should overwrite the existing gameexe.ini and seen.txt files, as well as creating a new folder named koe that will contain the voice resource files. Basically, just copy the contents of the clannad_patch folder to the c:keyclannad directory, overwriting files as needed.

what does it mean by the clannad directory? and were do i find the gameexe.ini and the seen.txt files?
SnowfieldApr 22, 2010 10:01 PM
Anpan!

Apr 23, 2010 12:28 AM

Nov 2009
The folder where you installed Clanand, this is most likely [your hard drive]/KEY/Clannad. this is where the seen.txt and gameexe.ini files are.
Apr 23, 2010 4:08 AM

Feb 2010
have you even installed the .cdi file???

(using daemon)

Apr 23, 2010 6:45 AM

Mar 2010
yea i have iv got the game working. its just in japanese so i gotta switch it to english.
Anpan!

Apr 23, 2010 8:45 AM

May 2008
windeen-windy said:
lol-I'm straight if that's what you meant by "not sure what you're in to?" ^^;

But very curious, since I was told it's not hentai and very little fan service for guys.
I figured I'd think about it.
I love Tomoya's character.

Previously to being told it wasn't Hentai-I was told a number of years ago it was a hentai game. So I never even gave it a second thought.
Mainly I'm curious about How Tomoya's like in the game and the whole orbs of light/happiness he collects.

Lol I did mean that, except that I was joking.

It's still a damn good game. The orbs of light thing is weird yeah, its probably already been answered at this point by someone else here but I thought I'd get back to you.

Also... Cashdaxxx, really? There is a thing called spoilers... >.<
Apr 23, 2010 10:12 AM

Feb 2010
theeggman85 said:
windeen-windy said:
lol-I'm straight if that's what you meant by "not sure what you're in to?" ^^;

But very curious, since I was told it's not hentai and very little fan service for guys.
I figured I'd think about it.
I love Tomoya's character.

Previously to being told it wasn't Hentai-I was told a number of years ago it was a hentai game. So I never even gave it a second thought.
Mainly I'm curious about How Tomoya's like in the game and the whole orbs of light/happiness he collects.

Lol I did mean that, except that I was joking.

It's still a damn good game. The orbs of light thing is weird yeah, its probably already been answered at this point by someone else here but I thought I'd get back to you.

Also... Cashdaxxx, really? There is a thing called spoilers... >.<

what are you talking about?

Apr 24, 2010 1:08 AM

Nov 2009
Snowfield said:
yea i have iv got the game working. its just in japanese so i gotta switch it to english.

You do this by replacing the old gameexe.ini and the old seen.txt with the downloaded files.
Apr 24, 2010 8:23 AM

Mar 2010
ok i got it now. thank you for the help.
Anpan!

Apr 27, 2010 6:36 PM

Oct 2008
Just curious... but am i supposed to get a white screen in this game? because it goes white screen.. with a mini screen below it with no text.... and then it goes not responding. Would window mode help?

Apr 27, 2010 11:15 PM

Nov 2009
Did you set your non-unicode language to japanese?
If not the game will do just that.
Apr 27, 2010 11:33 PM

Feb 2010
Bladeguy said:
Just curious... but am i supposed to get a white screen in this game? because it goes white screen.. with a mini screen below it with no text.... and then it goes not responding. Would window mode help?

Download the link that bakamatt posted (language pack)..

you don't have to set the language to Japanese...

Just remember how you install those other software since it's similar..

If you don't have any experience with that, then just try a guess...The first button should be the "install" command...It's all self-explanatory after that...

Apr 28, 2010 1:30 AM

Nov 2009
When I set my non-unicode back to Dutch it kept on crashing.
Apr 28, 2010 1:36 AM

Feb 2010
nothing happens on my computer...even though it's ancient hardware...hahahaha....

my computer is for anime watching really...

Apr 30, 2010 1:37 PM

Jan 2010
this game is very hard to install unfortunately :(

i managed to do it following these instructions:

How to install said:

1.Get clannad full voice,the menu and translation pack,Seen fv snapshot and the crack "reallive"
2.install Clannad FV

Once it is done go to C:\Key\Clannad_FV (or were ever you installed it) folder and rename the SEEN.txt and the REALLIVE.exe files to something like SEEN.txt.original ... you get the idea

Now copy the files from the SEEN FV snapshot (if you used my link it will be the SEEN_FV_snapshot_20081220.rar) to the Clannad FV folder. When it asks you, replace copy over the files.

If your using the files i used then the next step is to extract the REALLIVE and SEEN files to the Clannad FV folder, replacing the files already there.

Next extract the menu translation files to the Clannad_FV\g00 folder, copy over the ones already there.

Finally you may or may not need to do this but if your on XP then install the vcredist_x86.exe.

And your done. run the game from the REALLIVE.exe
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
May 2, 2010 12:56 AM

Feb 2010
It was relatively easy to me...

though I slowed down because of the daemon thingy since it was my first time...

May 5, 2010 5:43 AM

Aug 2009
OMG, ENGLISH????
Wow....No way in hell will get a voice patch.

I rather wait 3 years for the english translation of the game.
May 5, 2010 1:09 PM

Jul 2008
I wish there is a way to play these games on mac computers. T^T
May 6, 2010 8:09 AM

Feb 2010
KaireN said:
OMG, ENGLISH????

english sub+jap voice patch is way greater than the english dubbed version I tell you...

May 6, 2010 6:08 PM

Mar 2010
Cashdaxxx said:
KaireN said:
OMG, ENGLISH????

english sub+jap voice patch is way greater than the english dubbed version I tell you...

Yea if you had the dub version then youd have the dub voices. and that would be horrible.
Anpan!

May 12, 2010 4:07 AM

Aug 2009
Cashdaxxx said:
KaireN said:
OMG, ENGLISH????

I'll give the voices a chance then.
May 19, 2010 2:58 AM

Jun 2008
BTW......thanks for the Japanese Language Pack Link!!!I went looking around for my XP disk and had no luck xD!!
May 19, 2010 3:55 AM

Apr 2010
thanx =D, but does any1 know of a translated version for psp??
May 24, 2010 11:16 AM

Dec 2009
I downloaded it but I can't mount it with daemon, so I downloaded virtual CD but that didn't work either. Does anyone now what to do?
夏光と永遠の空   ~ 青空が好き!~
May 25, 2010 6:47 AM

Mar 2010
you have to extract it from the rar file first.
Anpan!

May 25, 2010 8:20 AM

Dec 2009
Snowfield said:
you have to extract it from the rar file first.

I did! It still doesn't mount.. TT^TT
夏光と永遠の空   ~ 青空が好き!~
May 25, 2010 8:54 AM

Nov 2009
I used PowerISO, that works.

Note: The language pack should be coppied, not mounted.
May 25, 2010 10:02 AM

Dec 2009
Hmmm, I guess something went wrong with the download cause the readme says I have to mount the image file but.. I don't have one.. *__*
夏光と永遠の空   ~ 青空が好き!~
May 26, 2010 9:43 PM

Feb 2010
just extract the language pack after the mounting==>installing Clannad VN...

Jun 2, 2010 2:59 AM

Oct 2009
Help pls :(

i get this error
Jun 8, 2010 3:46 PM

Nov 2009
hey can i ask something BakaMatt?

which of the two links above is the full translation?

Jun 9, 2010 6:43 PM

Aug 2009
Sowisdom said:
Help pls :(

i get this error

Change your computer region code to japanese
Jun 10, 2010 12:52 PM
Jul 2008
Here's a really good website where you can download the VN plus the voice patch.

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41420

That's where I downloaded mine from and if you just follow the directions you should be able to figure it out. Hongfire is actually where I get most of my VNs from, they're pretty reliable.
For more games, anime and random rants, check out my blog at www.muffin9124.wordpress.com
Jun 11, 2010 6:03 AM

Mar 2008
Need help!
I cant seem to get the voices working.....
:(
Aug 25, 2010 4:04 PM

Feb 2010
Kung-Fu-Jesus said:
Need help!
I cant seem to get the voices working.....
:(

There is no voices yet in ENglish... Or ARE YOU TAKLING ABOUT the jap voices?
Aug 26, 2010 10:10 AM

Apr 2010
Well I did all what was in the read manual and it still is in japanese.The only thing that apear to me translated is the options at the start of the game.Like "name" , "load game", "config", "exit", "new game" .But when I click on these options all get's to japanese...And as much I would like to understand japanese...I can't >.<

Does somebody have's same problem like me? It might be with the non unicode language problem...When I click to instal easy asian language or whatever it is and click to install I get an error that I need Windows XP CD or smth like that...I donwloaded manually the japanese language pack and I STILL have the same problem as mentioned above.

If somebody know a way to fix this problem please reply.

This is how it shows at the start of the game

And when I click on eighter of the options I get like this

Shiro-Aug 26, 2010 10:19 AM
Aug 26, 2010 9:14 PM

Jul 2008
Sowisdom, It says please insert orignal disk. You need to mount the disk or find some hack. it is nothing to do with unicode because you have yen signs on your file locations which means you did it right.

Shirochan89 you can't patch the non voice version I know you don't have the voice version because it doesn't say FullVoice on the menu and you options looks different. Either get the full voice version or patch the one you have. then install the english patch. also the menu is in english for the japanese version I think.
Mow123Aug 26, 2010 9:18 PM
Aug 27, 2010 12:54 AM

Apr 2010
Mow123 said:
Shirochan89 you can't patch the non voice version I know you don't have the voice version because it doesn't say FullVoice on the menu and you options looks different. Either get the full voice version or patch the one you have. then install the english patch. also the menu is in english for the japanese version I think.

Well...I tried to find the FullVoice option but still didn't find it nya!...It had been much more easier if the game was allready patched on that torrent... sighhhh...

I installed allready the english patch...I did all the steps in order from that instruction manual I got from the torrent and It still is like in the Images I shown.
Aug 27, 2010 7:14 AM

Nov 2009
yay~~ I was like, I finished the game within 2 months o.o
wasn't playing 24hours a day but I still think this VN is really long ._.
This was the first VN that made me cry though...
I mean, you're just reading the text but it still gets through you.

11/10!
Sorry, Image unavailable. Only awesome people can see it.
Aug 29, 2010 1:01 AM

Oct 2008
This game takes loads of time to finish all the stuff in it (like 400hours)
But its sure worth it, this game is awesome makes you cry makes you laugh.
I got everything (every ending including after story) when I played it 2 years ago
Even the Tomoya x Sunohara gay ending :P
I like anime.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Huge directory of Clannad wallpapers

Malus92 - Sep 24, 2012

3 by KingOfPneumos »»
Feb 12, 8:38 AM

» How many males except me has Clannad as nr1 anime? ( 1 2 )

martver - Sep 2, 2012

64 by desu_ruka »»
Feb 12, 2023 10:16 PM

» when it was released

Kradaxe - Dec 25, 2021

4 by Kradaxe »»
Feb 13, 2022 8:17 PM

» Clannad vs Kanon vs Air TV

Tutti_Love - Dec 22, 2007

17 by Endless_end »»
Dec 29, 2021 2:09 PM

Poll: » Favourite anime arc in Clannad ( 1 2 3 )

game8910 - Mar 22, 2008

113 by Endless_end »»
Dec 29, 2021 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.