Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 9, 2008 5:32 PM

Feb 2008
*dances in* Heelloooo.... I am bored. I came to say hi. And um... yeah. I watched Meteor Garden awhile back. It was amusing. And then came the sequel and I stopped watching. I just read my first manwha called "Replay" it was good.

Okay... yeah... that's all.
I fail at posts.
Apr 9, 2008 7:01 PM

Sep 2007
WOW two new people posted on this threat weeeeeee ^^
No longer do we three dominate this threat, welcome new posters =)

When was the Itazura na Kiss drama aired, i mean what year?? (asking out of curiosity ...)
I actually haven't been watching much of anything lately....so busy busy i am.
btw, does anyone order manga through websites? if so, how is the usual quality of the manga that is shipped? (i'm actually thinking of ordering online, but I worry about the quality of the manga....i don't want to get a manga that has rips and dents) Also is it delivered by an independent shipping company or through the postal service? I find that the postal service tends to handle things with a lot less care T____T
Apr 9, 2008 8:22 PM

Mar 2008
Yeah welcome new posters!!!!!!

The drama for Itazura na Kiss was aired around 90's.

Yeah I ordered 3 manga volumes online on barnesandnoble.com and the three volumes arrived in great condition! I've never order since then so I'm not sure if the quality is usually like that. I think mine was company ship.
Apr 10, 2008 12:57 AM

Jan 2008
@jo: it's aired in 1996, check this link:
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Itazura_na_kiss
oh ordering online, hmm.. i never ordered manga online before, but for figures the shipping was ok, but it's hard to say. maybe you can ask some manga shop owner to help you order them? they normally know better where to order and sometimes they offer replacements for bad shipping

*dances along with the other 4 posters* yay~ this is no longer a 3 person thread xD
Apr 10, 2008 6:09 PM

Sep 2007
@id: i should probably book mark that site you gave ^^
Actually the only reason I'm considering ordering online is because my comic shop has angered me by taking so long on getting my precious basara volume 23 in. It has been 2 months since I asked them to order it, I don't know if its them or viz, but for some reason there are always some mix ups >____< This wednesday was the last straw lol. I wish basara was more well known, then i could stop by any bookshop and pick it up :(
Apr 10, 2008 9:21 PM

Feb 2008
This has nothing to do with anything and I apologize for butting in with this but oh well. I am bored. I have Cheez-Its.

Do you guys read manga online or what? I read online and also buy manga that I really like.
Apr 10, 2008 9:54 PM

Mar 2008
Hi meri_nicole!!!!!

Well I read scanlations once in a while, but I don't really read a lot of series. I'm more focus on reading Watase's work and I'm extremely picky when it comes to art, so there are only few existing titles that I like.

I usually buy manga if I like the series or the art and I do have all Watase's stuff. Hahahha I should quit talking about Yuu Watase but I can't.
Apr 10, 2008 10:33 PM

Feb 2008
I like to read manga on One Manga. I can also be picky with the art. A few years ago, I was intrigued by the plot of Hana Yori Dango but when I went to read it I hated the art. Over the years I tried to get myself to read it and each time I gave up. About a month or so ago I finally read the whole thing. That's really sad isn't it?
Apr 10, 2008 11:10 PM

Jan 2008
@jo: some shop owners can be such a pain >__< i remembered when i brought muteki kanban musume, there was some folded pages so i asked for a replacement the other day but they gave me a big 'wth, it's just a few folded pages, live with it' expressions. Gah! but i think it's ok to order online, like chichiri said before the shipping was ok, maybe you can give it a try? ^^

yes chichiri we know you can't stop when you start talking about yuu watase by just looking at the club main pic (which is Yuu Watase's self potrait) xD

oh mer, One Manga is the best ! :D but tbh i didn't completed hana yori dango too (yes i too don't like the art), but after watching the dramas i can somehow know the story, i think ^^'
Apr 10, 2008 11:42 PM

Mar 2008
LoL, nothing gets by you id, you have a keen eye..... Hahahaha I can't decide what pic this club should have and I decided to use Yuu Watase's self portrait. Well if you got one picture just let me know so that we can have a new one.
Apr 11, 2008 7:17 PM

Sep 2007
@meri: butting in is what this threat is all about :D I did the same thing when i posted for the first time!!

I buy all my manga, I love books in general and I love collecting so I put the two together and decided to collect manga. Although I don't have as much as I would like, I still think my collection is fairly large :D
Yes, I use OneManga too, if I'm curious about a manga, I tend to read a few chapters on this site before I decide to make the commitment.

@chichiri: hehehe.....don't worry, if i was given the chance, I would rant about basara all the time too.

by your reaction meri, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like basara, its art is rough and retro looking (like hana yori dango) Strangely enough, I have quite a few favourites that are all retro drawn manga (basara, HYD, and Please Save My Earth....) By retro I mean the art has the typical 80s manga look, or its from the 80s.
For me, story always comes first, and if i don't like the story, the art won't be able to commit me to reading the manga. Story always trumps art :D
Apr 11, 2008 11:46 PM

Feb 2008
@soaring_wings
Yeah, I like to check out manga there first and if I like it then I'll buy it. But also I like how I can read manga that hasn't been... and my brain just died. Anyways, some manga hasn't been released over here yet (or possibly won't be) so I'm glad I can read it.
By the time I got done with HYD, I was either used to the art or the mangaka's style had slightly changed. (Or both) But the story was good so that always wins.
Apr 12, 2008 12:26 PM

Jan 2008
Omg! Itazura na kiss is pretty good! Recommended recommended :D
Apr 12, 2008 2:38 PM

Mar 2008
Yehey!!!! You finally watched it id. Yup it's pretty good.

Oh yeah you guys should watch Wagaya no Oirani-sama it's one of the new series and it's pretty cool although the female lead can remind you of Horo (Spice and Wolf) cause she too is a wolf. But Kuugen can turn into male form though which I think is cool.
Apr 15, 2008 1:20 AM

Jan 2008
nono chichiri, in wagaya she is a fox, kitsune DX
Apr 15, 2008 5:49 AM

Mar 2008
Hahahaha you're right id, I forgot Kuugen is a fox not a wolf.
Apr 22, 2008 1:35 PM

Apr 2008
chichiriNoDa said:
Yehey!!!! You finally watched it id. Yup it's pretty good.

Oh yeah you guys should watch Wagaya no Oirani-sama it's one of the new series and it's pretty cool although the female lead can remind you of Horo (Spice and Wolf) cause she too is a wolf. But Kuugen can turn into male form though which I think is cool.

I've fallen in love with this anime. OO I didn't think I would but Tenko in either form is just great.
Apr 23, 2008 8:55 AM

Mar 2007
Hey.. is anyone watching Vampire Knight??? I'm waiting for epi 3 @ CR and it hasnt been out!!

>> Can't wait to see more of Zero!! Any idea when epi 3 will be out???
May 10, 2008 8:34 PM

Apr 2008
I'm watching Vampire Knight! I love it! ^.^

I'm also one of those crazy Clamp fans that says, "OMG! It's Clamp! Must watch/read." But I didn't like the xxxHolic manga. I'm enjoying the anime though. Of course, I love Tsubasa but I was very confused by the end. I'm going to wait to finish the manga before rewatching that ending again. Maybe it'll make more sense. @.@
Sep 4, 2008 7:27 PM

Sep 2007
we need to revive this thread!!!!!

well since this thread is about being random, here goes:
i've been watching the Maison Ikkoku anime lately. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the anime follows the manga very well (only adding here and there to the plot) and retains it's humor, which, in my humble opinion, makes the Maison Ikkoku manga a timeless classic. And also in my humble opinion, Takahashi's best work to date. Anyone else tried it? I've only read the first 4 volumes.
Sep 4, 2008 10:01 PM

Jan 2008
whoa, that's an old anime. haven't watch it yet. i think it pre-dates ranma 1/2..
Sep 5, 2008 7:54 PM

Sep 2007
id said:
whoa, that's an old anime. haven't watch it yet. i think it pre-dates ranma 1/2..

according to MAL, it does predate Ranma. But the animation in maison ikkoku isn't too bad, despite the fact that it's over 20 years old. The manga has also aged nicely, most likely because Takahashi's style hasn't changed much, and she was already a good mangaka when she wrote and drew it.

I haven't read a lot of Takahashi, but Ikkoku is very funny (as long as you like your adult humor ;] ). And surprisingly, I enjoy all the characters, which is becoming increasingly rare for me (as there always tends to be at least one annoying character).

Ranma seems to be her most well known work after Inu-yasha, but I haven't tried it; mainly because it's around 30 volumes long, and I don't want to commit to another long series (I'm reading and buying way too many of them as it is....) So I decided to try maison since it's more manageable with only 14 volumes. I'm glad I did. How is Ranma anyway?
Sep 13, 2008 9:14 PM

Jan 2008
i'm no expert in Ranma, i only watch the anime and i didn't even completed it :(

Chichiri!!!! where are you??!!! You should be expert in this!
Sep 19, 2008 4:53 AM

Aug 2008
BZzzrt.

Sep 20, 2008 8:04 AM

Sep 2007
i'm glad the forums are moving, if even just a bit. ^^
hmmm...i haven't been watching or reading much lately. I did watch the japanese sub of the third season of Digimon today. I always liked the third season, it was more engrossing then the rest of the Digimon seasons, but then again I've only watched 1-3 and a bit of 4. Anyone else like the third season? I'm planning on giving Digimon another chance, and trying season 4 and beyond, hopefully they won't be too horrible.lol.
Nov 6, 2008 11:29 PM

Apr 2008
*sigh*
I finished watching Get Backers today... kind of made me sad cause now I don't have a huge chunk of anime to watch...
*cries*
I mean, I suppose I could finish World Destruction or Natsume Yuujinchou or Nabari no Ou or Monochrome Factor or Amatsuki...
But I don't really want to right now...
*sigh*
I'm on a J-Drama kick, methinks... *is downloading Fuurin Kazan atm*
Nov 16, 2008 1:30 PM

Sep 2007
@Ashuri: I'm in the same situation, I finished Maison Ikkoku not too long ago, and I don't really feel like starting or continuing any new anime right now. I've actually been watching old episodes of pokemon. ehehehe =)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Introduce Yourself. ( 1 2 3 )

chichiriNoDa - Mar 30, 2008

134 by GothicLust »»
May 5, 2010 12:27 AM

» Random stuff you wanna post

k3im0 - May 28, 2008

5 by chichiriNoDa »»
Sep 20, 2008 9:30 PM

» What is you're ideal story?

chichiriNoDa - Mar 30, 2008

14 by Zelos64 »»
Sep 19, 2008 4:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.