Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 30, 10:47 PM

Mar 2024

• oshi no ko is a trashy franchise undeserving of its art and animation quality.
  • evangelion's story is fairly easy to understand (the psychological aspect is a whole different can of worms, i am talking purely about the plot)
  • the danganronpa: trigger happy havoc anime wasn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be, but only if you've played the game. it's a good recap.

just to name a few.
Jun 30, 10:48 PM

Feb 2020
Casca suffered the most in berserk and then Griffith (even tho he deserved it ๐Ÿ’€) they both suffered way more than Guts...

if it wasn't for Griffith's deeds I would easily place him at first
Jun 30, 10:50 PM

Jun 2024
Reply to I_shoot_kids_fr
Casca suffered the most in berserk and then Griffith (even tho he deserved it ๐Ÿ’€) they both suffered way more than Guts...

if it wasn't for Griffith's deeds I would easily place him at first
@I_shoot_kids_fr To say Casca and Griffith suffered more than Guts is laughable. Have you even been paying attention to the layers of Guts' torment? Sure, Casca and Griffith endured their share, but Guts' relentless struggle against insurmountable odds and his constant battle with inner demons put their suffering in the shade. Griffith deserved every bit of his downfall, but let's not downplay Guts' pain just to fit a simplistic narrative.
๐“ฆ๐“ฑ๐”‚ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ธ๐“ฌ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐”‚ ๐”€๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ท ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ซ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฌ๐“ฎ? ๐“๐“ผ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“น๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ฌ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ฌ ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ถ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“”๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ท๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ ๐“พ๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ฝ, ๐“˜ ๐“ซ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“พ๐“ท๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“น๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ฌ๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฒ๐“ธ๐“ท ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ผ๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐”‚ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐”€. ๐“”๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ท๐“ธ๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฎ.๐Ÿงโœจ
Jun 30, 11:07 PM

Feb 2020
Reply to BimJomp
@I_shoot_kids_fr To say Casca and Griffith suffered more than Guts is laughable. Have you even been paying attention to the layers of Guts' torment? Sure, Casca and Griffith endured their share, but Guts' relentless struggle against insurmountable odds and his constant battle with inner demons put their suffering in the shade. Griffith deserved every bit of his downfall, but let's not downplay Guts' pain just to fit a simplistic narrative.
@BimJomp mind sharing why you think Casca's suffering is laughable compared to Guts also Griffith body torture is worse than anything Guts has experienced don't pull that philosophical BS like "body heals but mind cannot ๐Ÿคก"
Jun 30, 11:14 PM

Jun 2024
Reply to I_shoot_kids_fr
@BimJomp mind sharing why you think Casca's suffering is laughable compared to Guts also Griffith body torture is worse than anything Guts has experienced don't pull that philosophical BS like "body heals but mind cannot ๐Ÿคก"
@I_shoot_kids_fr Let me break this down into bite-sized pieces, shall I? Casca's suffering is undeniably tragic, but it's laughable compared to Guts' because of the profound layers of torment he endures. Guts isn't just battling physical enemies; he's fighting an existential war against fate itself, all while carrying the psychological scars of betrayal and relentless pursuit.

Griffith's body torture might be visually gruesome, but the psychological and emotional devastation Guts endures is on another level. This isn't about some trite "body heals but mind cannot" argument; it's about the relentless, multifaceted nature of Guts' suffering. His entire existence is a testament to enduring and overcoming unimaginable pain, both physical and mental.

So before you dismiss it as "philosophical BS," perhaps you should take a deeper look at the narrative intricacies and character complexities that clearly elude your shallow understanding. ๐Ÿ˜Š
๐“ฆ๐“ฑ๐”‚ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ธ๐“ฌ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐”‚ ๐”€๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ท ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ซ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฌ๐“ฎ? ๐“๐“ผ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“น๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ฌ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ฌ ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ถ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“”๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ท๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ ๐“พ๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ฝ, ๐“˜ ๐“ซ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“พ๐“ท๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“น๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ฌ๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฒ๐“ธ๐“ท ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ผ๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐”‚ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐”€. ๐“”๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ท๐“ธ๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฎ.๐Ÿงโœจ
Jun 30, 11:22 PM

Feb 2020
Reply to BimJomp
@I_shoot_kids_fr Let me break this down into bite-sized pieces, shall I? Casca's suffering is undeniably tragic, but it's laughable compared to Guts' because of the profound layers of torment he endures. Guts isn't just battling physical enemies; he's fighting an existential war against fate itself, all while carrying the psychological scars of betrayal and relentless pursuit.

Griffith's body torture might be visually gruesome, but the psychological and emotional devastation Guts endures is on another level. This isn't about some trite "body heals but mind cannot" argument; it's about the relentless, multifaceted nature of Guts' suffering. His entire existence is a testament to enduring and overcoming unimaginable pain, both physical and mental.

So before you dismiss it as "philosophical BS," perhaps you should take a deeper look at the narrative intricacies and character complexities that clearly elude your shallow understanding. ๐Ÿ˜Š
@BimJomp Griffith's betrayal affected Casca more since unlike Guts she saw Griffith as her saviour needless to say she knew Griffith and the band long before Guts was even in the picture.
crazy how you're saying Griffith's long ass torture means nothing because reasons and Guts is (emotionally) suffering more because well he is. lmao if I have to replace one character in the story I'll take Guts life over Griffith's torture any day of the week ๐Ÿคฃ
Jun 30, 11:32 PM

Feb 2020
Reply to BimJomp

@BimJomp
BimJomp said:
elude your shallow understanding.

also this is coming rich from a guy who just said that a woman who got ra*ed suffered way less than her boyfriend, so less that it's laughable ๐Ÿ˜’
Jun 30, 11:53 PM

May 2018
So far I've only had people disagree with me when I say mushoku tensei and oshi no ko are terrible, and frieren was only alright. So I guess I'd have to say that.
can't yuck my yum

Jul 1, 5:45 AM
Sep 2022
Yuigahama > Yukinoshita

Love Live Superstar > Love Live Nijigasaki

WTH is that Tadaema, Okaeri?

Pokemon X & Y > Sun & Moon

I hate female voices in anime that acts like a "cute girl", trying to be high-pitched voices.

One Piece character design sucks.

Yuuji > Denji

Isekai anime today are trash.

Ubayashiki is the most useless chara in Demon Slayer.

Feel free to bash these hot takes, won't reply anyway.
KeepCalmAndMalJul 1, 2:19 PM

MY TOP 10 ANIME OF ALL TIME
Jul 1, 5:51 AM
Sep 2022
Reply to NoelleIsSleepy
So far I've only had people disagree with me when I say mushoku tensei and oshi no ko are terrible, and frieren was only alright. So I guess I'd have to say that.
@NoelleIsSleepy Agree and agree. Frieren is just alright, but I rated it 10 anyway, because it is a good anime that came out in a while.

Jul 1, 5:56 AM

Aug 2013
Reply to KeepCalmAndMal
@NoelleIsSleepy Agree and agree. Frieren is just alright, but I rated it 10 anyway, because it is a good anime that came out in a while.
@KeepCalmAndMal You said you wouldn't reply :p

Frieren was a quality show, with nice ambience music and a slow paced chill story.

Oshi no Ko was undoubtely overhyped, but overall it was still pretty decent.

Mushoku was able to redeem itself in the second half, the first half was way to pacific with the whole playing house thing. I hope S3 starts in high gear and not a continue of the first half where we now will get to see Pervy Sage playing house with his 2 wives.
I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

STEAM's GOTY 2024 the Ghost of Tsushima

OMFG THE HYPE IS REAL!!! ELDEN RING SHADOW OF THE ERDTREE wOOt!! F YEAH LET'S F GOOOOOO!!!
Jul 1, 6:48 AM
Apr 2024
Reply to Tropisch
-Kirito and Asuna are overhated characters
-Saber isn't a unique character
-Gurren Lagan mech designs are dumb
-Ecchi is as quality as other genre's
-Black Lagoon is only popular because of Revy
-Blood and gore doesn't automatically make a show "mature"
-Liking CGDCT doesn't make you a "pedo"
Tropisch said:
Gurren Lagan mech designs are dumb
is it unpopular opinion? Even the show admits it
Yesterday, 4:49 AM
Sep 2022
Reply to Coaghim
@KeepCalmAndMal You said you wouldn't reply :p

Frieren was a quality show, with nice ambience music and a slow paced chill story.

Oshi no Ko was undoubtely overhyped, but overall it was still pretty decent.

Mushoku was able to redeem itself in the second half, the first half was way to pacific with the whole playing house thing. I hope S3 starts in high gear and not a continue of the first half where we now will get to see Pervy Sage playing house with his 2 wives.
@Coaghim

You said you wouldn't reply :p

Wouldn't reply to someone who bashes my original comment, but this is a comment of a comment so you should reply to the original commentor: @NoelleIsSleepy

Nice to see someone who enjoys Mushoku Tensei but...

Yesterday, 5:08 AM

Aug 2013
Reply to KeepCalmAndMal
@Coaghim

You said you wouldn't reply :p

Wouldn't reply to someone who bashes my original comment, but this is a comment of a comment so you should reply to the original commentor: @NoelleIsSleepy

Nice to see someone who enjoys Mushoku Tensei but...

@KeepCalmAndMal I know, it was just some silly banter ;)

Hmmmm... I decided not to click on the spoiler ^^ I want to be surprised. The anime now surpassed where I was in the manga.
I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

OMFG THE HYPE IS REAL!!! ELDEN RING SHADOW OF THE ERDTREE wOOt!! F YEAH LET'S F GOOOOOO!!!
Yesterday, 5:33 AM

May 2021
-subaru from re0 is annoying
-jjks2's artstyle is weaker compared to jjk s1 and jjk0.
-apothecary diary is boring, pretty unrealistic depiction of the history and a mid version of hyouka.
-aot is one of the best written anime ever
-kaijuu 8 is too generic
-chainsaw man part 2 did not fall off
-tokyo revenger > wind breaker interms of being a delinquent anime

maybe to be continued but not sure i should keep going
ZimmuYesterday, 5:36 AM
Yesterday, 6:11 AM

May 2021
Reply to Zimmu
-subaru from re0 is annoying
-jjks2's artstyle is weaker compared to jjk s1 and jjk0.
-apothecary diary is boring, pretty unrealistic depiction of the history and a mid version of hyouka.
-aot is one of the best written anime ever
-kaijuu 8 is too generic
-chainsaw man part 2 did not fall off

maybe to be continued but not sure i should keep going
Zimmu said:

I second this ^^

JJKs2 i'd say more animation than artstyle
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Yesterday, 8:32 AM
Sep 2022
Reply to Coaghim
@KeepCalmAndMal I know, it was just some silly banter ;)

Hmmmm... I decided not to click on the spoiler ^^ I want to be surprised. The anime now surpassed where I was in the manga.
@Coaghim No worries, not angry or anything.

About the spoiler, it's not really spoiler but a hate comment towards Mushoku. And also... I don't watch Mushoku, so don't expect an spoiler from me. But suit yourself if you don't want to read it.

Yesterday, 8:40 AM

Aug 2013
Reply to KeepCalmAndMal
@Coaghim No worries, not angry or anything.

About the spoiler, it's not really spoiler but a hate comment towards Mushoku. And also... I don't watch Mushoku, so don't expect an spoiler from me. But suit yourself if you don't want to read it.
@KeepCalmAndMal Oh ok. I thought it was a spoiler ^^

Just red the comment. I'm not here to convince you nor shouting publicly it's a must see show :D

Love your username, you should add mal to this pic & use it as your avatar :D

Yesterday, 11:36 AM

Mar 2012
- Wolfram and Yuuri have a toxic relationship no matter how much fujos try to sell it as gay representation
- Guilty Crown and Kakumeiki Valvrave are good anime
- Fruits Basket 2019 and HxH 2011 are overrated

JaaShooUhh said:
Tsundere characters aren't cute, they're fucking annoying.

Also this, I 100% agree with it!
Maou_heikaToday, 6:02 AM
Yesterday, 2:45 PM

Sep 2020
The Western anime community should be an “outcasts only” club.

One of the reasons I got into anime in the first place was because I was sick and tired of the violence and anti-intellectualism of American society, and I felt the autistic lolicons infesting the anime community fell in line with my desire to become repugnant to the mainstream and felt associating myself with it would make me less likely to be dragged into toxic situations where I would have to inhale secondhand smoke and deal with gun nuts. The anime community should be a refuge for people who can see this toxic society for what it is and make the intelligent decision to opt out by adopting a medium of entertainment that doesn't align with narrow-minded American moral incentives.

Liking loli-hentai doesn't necessarily make someone a pedophile.

I know I'm on thin ice with the mods here. But it is a thread about unpopular opinions soooo. Here you go.

There are enough differences between the depiction of a stylized surreal artwork and the annoying and gross characteristics of an actual human child to draw distinct lines between the two depictions. It’s as dumb a proclamation as claiming someone is homosexual for not liking ecchi. Needless to say, I think there should be more “pedo shit” in TV anime. More anime like Dragon Maid with lesbian elementary schoolers and gags involving inappropriate behaviors with underage characters are things I want to see more of. Like the dynamic between Lucoa and Shouta. That was entertaining as hell.

Americans can’t cosplay for shit due to being too fat.

Anime comes from a country that doesn't have an obesity epidemic and therefore anime – and subsequently cosplay - isn’t designed to cater to ugly fat asses who want to redefine beauty standards. While I’m not saying Americans “can’t” cosplay, I’m merely saying they suck at it. And also think it's kind of stupid to spend money on it when they do. I’m never going to understand the mindset of willfully paying an exuberant amount of money for an article of clothing that doesn’t look good on you.

Attractive female fans are looking for a horny weeb to bleed dry.

Having a certain hobby doesn't offset a female’s nature. Attractive hoes look for financial security and believe men are their ticket to it. And they know very well that anime fans have some serious blue balls and are the best targets to pick from when shopping for a cash cow. Thankfully I’m a misogynistic MGTOW who’s onto their game. Henceforth why I’m vocal about liking lolicon IRL. Excellent bitch repellent!

Christians and Muslims shouldn’t watch anime.

With all of the condemnation both the Christian and Islamic faiths have for the “sexual deviancy” portrayed in anime the fact that there are Christian and Muslim anime fans honestly confuses the shit out of me. More so given the fact that the medium comes from a country that only has a 1% Christian population and thus the people making it don’t give two shits about your narrow-minded Judeo-Christian ethics.

These are the opinions people seem to get the angriest over. But that’s just me.
Yesterday, 6:44 PM
Sep 2022
Reply to Coaghim
@KeepCalmAndMal Oh ok. I thought it was a spoiler ^^

Just red the comment. I'm not here to convince you nor shouting publicly it's a must see show :D

Love your username, you should add mal to this pic & use it as your avatar :D

@Coaghim Thanks for this! Strange! Got a treasure in the trash bin of unpopular opinions. You're a great person. Hope you have a wonderful day ahead of you.

Yesterday, 11:56 PM

Mar 2013
I do not really have any unpopular opinions about anime. I tend to like the most popular works like Demon Slayer. The closest would be related to the community itself, and honestly? I think we have a major problem with those identify ideologically as incels. Big surprise, I know.

Wait, I do have an unpopular opinion. I think Shield Hero is mostly hot garbage, and that Malty Melromarc is a character that just does not warrant the hate that she receives compared to say, Mami from Rent A Girlfriend, Rachel from the Tower of God, or Sekai from School Days. She is just not a well-written character, and while I certainly do think people like her exist, she for the most part is a caricature that drags down the entire show by being given way too much screen time than what a character like her can accommodate. So much of the hatred seen in the fandom seem more like projection than anything.

Secondly, Demon Slayer peaked during the fight with Upper Moon One, in terms of both the story and its fight choreography. In addition, the final showdown with Muzan is turning out to be the much more competently written fight than Sukuna versus everyone in Jujutsu Kaisen.

My final opinion for now is that I think most anime fans online, or at least on MAL, are less intelligent and less media savvy than they think we are. I think too often, we like to post opinions about shows we did not like than posting opinions about shows we do like when it comes to interacting with other fans, and I think that is terribly unfortunate.
Today, 1:13 AM

Feb 2022
1) We need more incest anime/manga.

2) I hate when women beat up male character with any reason or just for comedy.

3) keep your moral compass to yourself

4) Great Animation + Mid story < Decent Animation + Decent story + Good ost
[/url]
7 hours ago

Aug 2013
Reply to KeepCalmAndMal
@Coaghim Thanks for this! Strange! Got a treasure in the trash bin of unpopular opinions. You're a great person. Hope you have a wonderful day ahead of you.
@KeepCalmAndMal Oh... such heartwarming words from a stranger, thank you! May this little happyness be mirrored to you aswell. Have a great day wonderfull person!

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Actually good isekai recs for a girl?

Astra00x - 7 hours ago

20 by Sphealz »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Do you actually care about relatable characters?

Akuya - Yesterday

29 by Mayahuel »»
32 minutes ago

» Your immediate plans for anime you're watching next

IpreferEcchi - Jul 1

43 by FanofAction »»
33 minutes ago

» A Goddess pays you a visit and promises to grant you a wish. ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Jun 29

60 by baby »»
35 minutes ago

» Visual Novels โ€” General Thread ( 1 2 3 )

Shizuna - Apr 27

114 by Timeline_man »»
1 hour ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.