Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 13, 5:05 AM
Jul 2021
False info. There is no such information available. Mapple and Liz are reliable leakers and even both don't know if it's even in production. Don't believe this guys, it was some random who edited that one frame from Mark Reyymers YouTube video and posted on Twitter for likes
Jan 13, 5:09 AM
Jul 2021
CrunchyCrobat said:
Bones and mappa, two completely different styles of studio, one focused on smooth 2d animation other using too much cgi, Idk, I really can't think two of those coming together

Mappa, A1 and Bones are equal when it comes to 2d action animation. (Ofc Ufotable too). You stick to a 2min CG and ignore 99% of the 2d animation they put up.
Jan 13, 5:09 AM
Jul 2021
Otaku_4511 said:
Murata's started his own studio and it seems very likely this will be their first project.

no it's not, they're doing a Yokai ONA.
Jan 13, 5:21 AM
Jul 2021
CreepHazard said:
Rifle said:
@Leon888 you have an opinion and that's fine, but please don't make the mistake of thinking that everyone needs to have the same opinion.

@CreepHazard I agree with you 95%, MAPPA did a very fine job on the shows it produced, I also enjoyed their vision with AoT and fully enjoyed CSM. The use of CGI is a thing we need to get used to and if done well, it also delivers. Trigger also fully embraces CGI in some of their works and I absolutely love it. Same goes for SHAFT and their Kizumonogatari movies, just wonderful use of CGI. Regarding OPM S2 from JC Staff, I would say they delivered on other points, like Comedy bits and interactions between characters. They couldn't really deliver on the action part and as you said on the composition. So I would gladly see MAPPA doing it for S3.

MAPPA doing it would most likely end up in it looking like Jigokuraku, utterly pathetic schedule and lack of staff to work on it. Bones doing it would be the best case scenario, JC Staff would be the second best considering the fact that if Shingo Natsume does return to direct to show them the studio name doesn't matter all that much

I'm happy to see people with brains in MAL, it's a rare sight these days
Jan 14, 7:28 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to CreepHazard
Leon888 said:
@CreepHazard ahahaahha you don't know how to argue and so you make excuses like that, lol, you should have said from the beginning that you were a spineless clown, do yourself a favor don't write any more bullshit on the posts that no one cares about your senseless opinions 😉

man if you really this thirsty for being acknowledged as an idiot online I'm not the one hoisting you up
@CreepHazard Sorry if I point out that you're talking bullshit from start to finish... lol
Jan 14, 7:28 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to a0t3a
Leon888 said:
@a0t3a Have you run out of arguments, lol?

there is no argument you're very obviously schizophrenic and in need of a psych ward
@a0t3a There is no doubt that you have just been humiliated by yours truly 😂
Jan 14, 7:29 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Rifle
@Leon888 you have an opinion and that's fine, but please don't make the mistake of thinking that everyone needs to have the same opinion.

@CreepHazard I agree with you 95%, MAPPA did a very fine job on the shows it produced, I also enjoyed their vision with AoT and fully enjoyed CSM. The use of CGI is a thing we need to get used to and if done well, it also delivers. Trigger also fully embraces CGI in some of their works and I absolutely love it. Same goes for SHAFT and their Kizumonogatari movies, just wonderful use of CGI. Regarding OPM S2 from JC Staff, I would say they delivered on other points, like Comedy bits and interactions between characters. They couldn't really deliver on the action part and as you said on the composition. So I would gladly see MAPPA doing it for S3.
@Rifle But these are not opinions, these are bullshit, if someone tells you that the earth is flat do you justify it by saying he has his opinion?
Jan 14, 8:32 AM

Apr 2021
Leon888 said:
@CreepHazard Sorry if I point out that you're talking bullshit from start to finish... lol

Ok (character limit)
Jan 14, 9:29 AM
Apr 2020
Leon888 said:

is this like ironic?
Jan 14, 7:06 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to a0t3a
Leon888 said:

is this like ironic?
@a0t3a Why should it be ironic?
Jan 14, 10:26 PM
Apr 2020
Leon888 said:
@a0t3a Why should it be ironic?

because its cringe.
Jan 15, 6:27 AM
Aug 2020
souraia said:
This will either be great or one of the worst collaborations of all time.

it's a fake leak bruh. Read the whole post. What you saw was a fanart.
Jan 15, 6:30 AM
Aug 2020
CreepHazard said:
Otaku_4511 said:
Murata's started his own studio and it seems very likely this will be their first project.

It doesn't seem likely at all. It'll be overwhelmingly hard for an independent young studio to take up One Punch Man as its first project, we already saw what happened to Bug Films and Zom 100. WIT and Bind are outliers because they have parent studios

Zom 100 was good though wasn't it? as was jobless reincarnation? I mean 8/10 people that I've talked to liked those series. Atleast as far as the animation is concerned, both are excellent.
Jan 15, 8:42 AM

Nov 2020
Reply to Leon888
@Rifle But these are not opinions, these are bullshit, if someone tells you that the earth is flat do you justify it by saying he has his opinion?
@Leon888 why you suddenly bring out earth flat theory to this? you can't theoretically prove why those animes are bad, unlike the flat earth theory.

what a joke. please learn about subjective and objective.
Jan 15, 9:19 AM

Apr 2021
KusarigamaD10S said:
CreepHazard said:

It doesn't seem likely at all. It'll be overwhelmingly hard for an independent young studio to take up One Punch Man as its first project, we already saw what happened to Bug Films and Zom 100. WIT and Bind are outliers because they have parent studios

Zom 100 was good though wasn't it? as was jobless reincarnation? I mean 8/10 people that I've talked to liked those series. Atleast as far as the animation is concerned, both are excellent.

Mushoku Tensei is basically a White Fox project, like Bind was created through a partnership between White Fox and Egg Firm. Zom 100 was a complete disaster production wise, it aired for like 6 months with 12 episodes
Jan 15, 9:28 AM
Aug 2020
CreepHazard said:
KusarigamaD10S said:

Mushoku Tensei is basically a White Fox project, like Bind was created through a partnership between White Fox and Egg Firm. Zom 100 was a complete disaster production wise, it aired for like 6 months with 12 episodes

timeline wise yes, but zom 100 as an anime was very enjoyable for most people who watched it. That's what I meant. What goes on behind the studio's doors, what exactly causes delays, I hear speculations from time to time about that, and it's unfortunate, but there's little that the audience can do about it. As for Bind, I didn't know that their projects were fully backed by those 2 studios. I thought they had their own independent staff working.
Jan 15, 2:39 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to DrkSeid69
@Leon888 why you suddenly bring out earth flat theory to this? you can't theoretically prove why those animes are bad, unlike the flat earth theory.

what a joke. please learn about subjective and objective.
@DrkSeid69 And it's objective that season 2 of opm sucked and had bad animation... lol
Jan 16, 4:36 AM

Apr 2021
KusarigamaD10S said:
CreepHazard said:

timeline wise yes, but zom 100 as an anime was very enjoyable for most people who watched it. That's what I meant. What goes on behind the studio's doors, what exactly causes delays, I hear speculations from time to time about that, and it's unfortunate, but there's little that the audience can do about it. As for Bind, I didn't know that their projects were fully backed by those 2 studios. I thought they had their own independent staff working.

An anime being enjoyable and an anime having a healthy production are completely different. A lot of people enjoyed shows like Jigokuraku, Zom, Re:Zero S2 Part 2, Chainsaw Man, JJK S2. But behind the scenes they were being produced under near inhumane conditions. That's what judging a studio/production team is based on. It doesn't really matter if the stuff sold a lot, I'm talking about production, and it's incredibly rare for a new studio to even pull off something like Zom 100.
Look at the Monsters trailer by E&H studio, that is with talented people like Sunghoo Park and Takashi Kohima (along with a bunch of their connections I assume) on board. A new studio would probably be incapable of doing even that without some sort of backing via industry connections or a huge company behind it.

Also Egg Firm is a producer, not a studio lol.
Jan 16, 1:31 PM
Mar 2021
just follow the official account and don't buy all the shit mappa glazers shit out 24/7, you will be fine then 👨‍🦲
Jan 18, 4:28 AM
Mar 2021
Yubisoft said:
@ciiviic I mean.... you are right , people should only trust verified sources but currently this is what type of content they post (complete radio silence about season 3 )

they will post when they are closer to the release; idk why people get so impatient over this and start searching for something that isn't there (reliable leaks on opm s3); leaks maybe build hype, but imo would be nicer if everyone just sticked to official sources, just ignore leaks, why is there a need to latch on to every piece of hope when they already know it's confirmed and all they need to do is wait

edit: I'm literally just praying that Mappa WON'T animate opm, I think people don't realize what kind of animation opm needs (not that I am the right person to say which kind does it need), but the shows mappa puts out look only 'corporate nice', not the kind of 'nice with some soul in it', like opm s1 is the best kind of way to go and imo even s2 animation was decent, of course levels below s1, but they understood the style of it which is more raw and a little goofy, just feel like Mappa is not the right studio; personally I think that for example with Chainsaw Man they tried a different thing from the manga and it ended up just good, nothing special, but opm embodies mostly the vibe of the manga of chainsaw man, not the anime, so yeah just feel like mappa would butcher and their style wouldn't fit
ciiviicJan 18, 4:34 AM
Jan 18, 4:38 AM

May 2021
ciiviic said:
Yubisoft said:
@ciiviic I mean.... you are right , people should only trust verified sources but currently this is what type of content they post (complete radio silence about season 3 )

they will post when they are closer to the release; idk why people get so impatient over this and start searching for something that isn't there (reliable leaks on opm s3); leaks maybe build hype, but imo would be nicer if everyone just sticked to official sources, just ignore leaks, why is there a need to latch on to every piece of hope when they already know it's confirmed and all they need to do is wait

edit: I'm literally just praying that Mappa WON'T animate opm, I think people don't realize what kind of animation opm needs (not that I am the right person to say which kind does it need), but the shows mappa puts out look only 'corporate nice', not the kind of 'nice with some soul in it', like opm s1 is the best kind of way to go and imo even s2 animation was decent, of course levels below s1, but they understood the style of it which is more raw and a little goofy, just feel like Mappa is not the right studio; personally I think that for example with Chainsaw Man they tried a different thing from the manga and it ended up just good, nothing special, but opm embodies mostly the vibe of the manga of chainsaw man, not the anime, so yeah just feel like mappa would butcher and their style wouldn't fit

Under normal circumstances you would have been 100% correct but in this case it's their fault. If they weren't confident about the release date they shouldn't have announced so early in production. When they announce a new season and then they give their fans radio silence and secrecy (we don't even know which studio will animate this) I think it is perfectly normal for people to act this way. A similar example is Fire force season 3. And of course in 2024, Covid is not an excuse anymore. Also I prefer mappa than the half baked animation that season 2 had.
YubisoftJan 18, 4:58 AM

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jan 18, 5:41 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to ciiviic
Yubisoft said:

@ciiviic Don't know why people keep hammering this shit in, but "their (MAPPA) style" does not exist. The truth is that speaking from a general sense, they as a whole don't have a proper style or aesthetic to speak off. Their work drastically differs in quality in tone and quality because they depend on freelancers like most of the industry does, and there is no Shinbo or Imaishi equivalent in there to actually build a consistent approach for what they make. Season 1 and Season 2 of JJK are both made by MAPPA, yet they look and feel drastically different because the staff is radically different. Vinland Saga was transferred from Wit to MAPPA, yet it looks and feels exactly the same because the staff is exactly the same. And that's not even counting Hiroko Utsumi's currently Bucchigiri?! which is practically the opposite of what you're defining as "their style".
Jan 18, 7:24 AM
Mar 2021
Oongbuh said:
@ciiviic Don't know why people keep hammering this shit in, but "their (MAPPA) style" does not exist. The truth is that speaking from a general sense, they as a whole don't have a proper style or aesthetic to speak off. Their work drastically differs in quality in tone and quality because they depend on freelancers like most of the industry does, and there is no Shinbo or Imaishi equivalent in there to actually build a consistent approach for what they make. Season 1 and Season 2 of JJK are both made by MAPPA, yet they look and feel drastically different because the staff is radically different. Vinland Saga was transferred from Wit to MAPPA, yet it looks and feels exactly the same because the staff is exactly the same. And that's not even counting Hiroko Utsumi's currently Bucchigiri?! which is practically the opposite of what you're defining as "their style".

MAPPA has some shows that differ from their usual style, but I will continue to say that MAPPA does indeed have a style. As for Vinland Saga, I definitely didn't think that season 2 looked indistinguishable from season 1, I noticed a lot of differences. If I had to describe the "MAPPA style" it would be thin yet sharp outlines, giving everything a serious tone, the high usage of shadows on characters, especially the kind that's made with just lines and no coloring, animation is consistent but usually not anything breathtaking except for some scenes in which they focus their effort. This doesn't really apply for shows which they got a huge budget for. Their style as I mentioned earlier, has a corporate kind of feel, regardless the staff that's working on it, I don't know why. Sure, it's less apparent in some anime on which they spend more time and money on. But shows like Re-Main, Yuri on Ice!, Idaten Deities, Terror in Resonance, even Attack on Titan or Chainsaw Man except for some scenes, have the same type of feel when thinking about the art and animation. Feels good but also corporate-like, kind of rigid. Now, the more unique the show, the less you can distinguish these qualities, for example Jujutsu Kaisen or Bucchigiri. In conclusion, I think MAPPA does indeed have a style, it's just not always apparent. You could make a point here that the shows that have the same feel in terms of the art and animation also use the same staff and that's just it, but that's not the case. All those shows don't have the same staff and that makes sense. Yet there's still like a universal feel across them all, like there's no soul to them, like a guideline implemented by someone for the staff to abide by. I don't know, there's just something I can't explain. But I know it's out there, it exists, the "MAPPA style", regardless of the staff.
Jan 28, 2:57 PM
Apr 2019
Reply to CreepHazard
Rifle said:

MAPPA doing it would most likely end up in it looking like Jigokuraku, utterly pathetic schedule and lack of staff to work on it. Bones doing it would be the best case scenario, JC Staff would be the second best considering the fact that if Shingo Natsume does return to direct to show them the studio name doesn't matter all that much
@CreepHazard Agreed man, MAPPA just grabs best selling manga and destroys it with terrible animation.
Feb 20, 12:32 PM
Jul 2021
mappa will make it worse than s2 and get away with it.
Feb 25, 6:05 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to ciiviic
Oongbuh said:

MAPPA has some shows that differ from their usual style, but I will continue to say that MAPPA does indeed have a style. As for Vinland Saga, I definitely didn't think that season 2 looked indistinguishable from season 1, I noticed a lot of differences. If I had to describe the "MAPPA style" it would be thin yet sharp outlines, giving everything a serious tone, the high usage of shadows on characters, especially the kind that's made with just lines and no coloring, animation is consistent but usually not anything breathtaking except for some scenes in which they focus their effort. This doesn't really apply for shows which they got a huge budget for. Their style as I mentioned earlier, has a corporate kind of feel, regardless the staff that's working on it, I don't know why. Sure, it's less apparent in some anime on which they spend more time and money on. But shows like Re-Main, Yuri on Ice!, Idaten Deities, Terror in Resonance, even Attack on Titan or Chainsaw Man except for some scenes, have the same type of feel when thinking about the art and animation. Feels good but also corporate-like, kind of rigid. Now, the more unique the show, the less you can distinguish these qualities, for example Jujutsu Kaisen or Bucchigiri. In conclusion, I think MAPPA does indeed have a style, it's just not always apparent. You could make a point here that the shows that have the same feel in terms of the art and animation also use the same staff and that's just it, but that's not the case. All those shows don't have the same staff and that makes sense. Yet there's still like a universal feel across them all, like there's no soul to them, like a guideline implemented by someone for the staff to abide by. I don't know, there's just something I can't explain. But I know it's out there, it exists, the "MAPPA style", regardless of the staff.
@ciiviic Cool, you just said a bunch of shit that means nothing. THERE IS NO MAPPA STYLE

Almost everything you mentioned here is are drawing styles that you could find in several other shows and that belongs to other animators, not studios. There is no "guideline" to follow. You know who makes guidelines? The actual CHARACTER DESIGNERS, and the DIRECTORS that make these shows. There isn't some sort of giant chalkboard at MAPPA's entrance telling how every single animator should animate every single character in every single damn anime the same way. That is not a thing, specially in an industry where most of the people who work in it, from directors to character designers to animation directors are freelancers, never truly sticking to a studio. You people literally just obssess over the tiniest similarity between two projects and decide to insist on calling it a """style""".

Nobuteru Yuki's style exists.

Shin Itagaki's style exists.

Kazuto Nakazawa's style exists.

Toshiyuki Kano's style exists.

Naoyuki Onda's style exists.

Shota Iwasaki's style exists.

Tomoko Mori's style exists.

Tadashi Hiramatsu's style exists.

Kazutaka Sugiyama's style exists.

Takahiro Kagami's style exists.

"MAPPA STYLE" DOES NOT. EXIST. IT NEVER DID.
Feb 26, 5:15 AM
Mar 2021
Oongbuh said:
@ciiviic Cool, you just said a bunch of shit that means nothing. THERE IS NO MAPPA STYLE

Almost everything you mentioned here is are drawing styles that you could find in several other shows and that belongs to other animators, not studios. There is no "guideline" to follow. You know who makes guidelines? The actual CHARACTER DESIGNERS, and the DIRECTORS that make these shows. There isn't some sort of giant chalkboard at MAPPA's entrance telling how every single animator should animate every single character in every single damn anime the same way. That is not a thing, specially in an industry where most of the people who work in it, from directors to character designers to animation directors are freelancers, never truly sticking to a studio. You people literally just obssess over the tiniest similarity between two projects and decide to insist on calling it a """style""".

Nobuteru Yuki's style exists.

Shin Itagaki's style exists.

Kazuto Nakazawa's style exists.

Toshiyuki Kano's style exists.

Naoyuki Onda's style exists.

Shota Iwasaki's style exists.

Tomoko Mori's style exists.

Tadashi Hiramatsu's style exists.

Kazutaka Sugiyama's style exists.

Takahiro Kagami's style exists.

"MAPPA STYLE" DOES NOT. EXIST. IT NEVER DID.

Cool, you just said a bunch of shit that means nothing. mappa style existing is at the end of the day my opinion, of course it varies by the art director, not every shit they make is identical at the end of the day, there's just much that is very similar; plus the previous bro said that Vinland both seasons look the same 😭 they don't look the same at all, they both try to replicate Yukimura's style, that's it
Feb 29, 7:26 AM
Jan 2018
Now we know it was fake the whole Mappa and bones thing
Mattinator95Feb 29, 8:15 AM
Feb 29, 7:45 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I hope anyone who believed in MAPPA taking over S3 stuff feel stupid now lmao
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 29, 7:58 AM

Nov 2015
Reply to Mattinator95
Now we know it was fake the whole Mappa and bones thing
@Mattinator95 never trust leakers and rumours on twitter/X.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» animation... ( 1 2 3 )

monke_guy - Mar 7

109 by monke_guy »»
Today, 12:49 AM

» this episode was banger fr

Sanvyx - Jun 18

43 by fluffsus »»
Jun 23, 12:29 AM

» God-level animations?

Leon888 - Apr 18

22 by Tony_macaroni12 »»
Jun 19, 12:22 AM

» Hero Visual #4 Fubuki

OvergrownRover - Jun 6

16 by Ain2Zwei »»
Jun 17, 12:38 AM

» Butchered Adaptation, No Hope.

Okeanix - Feb 29

41 by Jokuc »»
May 24, 8:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.