[2]
Clannad ~After Story~
Humanity Has Declined
Dec 29, 2023 9:33 AM

Oct 2020
JJK season 2, Pluto, AOT the Final Chapter
Jan 1, 1:25 AM

Jul 2021
[1] Anime you've enjoyed (Must be released in 2023)
[Honest answer]: Skip and Loafer
["Respectable" answer]: Vinland Saga Season 2

Still haven't watched but might become AOTY once I do:
Pluto, Frieren, Insomniacs After School

[2] Anime you've enjoyed (Release date doesn't matter)
(I'm putting a non-2023 show that I most enjoyed)
Heike Story
Jan 1, 3:08 AM
Jul 2018
I am watching Frieren and I don't get it. It is a 5 to me.

Oshi no koi is my top rated anime at 9 along with Tomo Chan.
Jan 1, 7:16 AM

May 2019

1. Wataoshi
  2. Onimai
  3. Pluto
  4. Yuzuki Family
  5. Hibiki Euphonium Ensemble Contest

Jan 1, 8:36 AM

Jun 2019
Alright, I already posted in the thread topic a few weeks ago, but now that I completed a few more series which have a place on my Top 10 (including some which were autumn seasonals and only wrapped up recently), I'm going to do so again with the fuller list. Although still not final version since two of the series on it are still ongoing two cour series which started in autumn and aren't set to conclude until late winter or early spring. Again, excluding all continuing/returning older (pre-2023) series.

So my Top 10 now for the year would be:

1.) Tengoku Daimakyou
2.) AI no Idenshi
3.) Reborn as a Vending Machine, I Now Wander the Dungeon
4.) Hikari no Ou
5.) Handyman Saitou in Another World
6.) The Apothecary Diaries
7.) Bullbuster
8.) Sousou no Frieren
9.) Dark Gathering
10.) Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead

The Apothecary Diaries and Frieren, obviously (for those familiar with the series), are the ones which are still airing. The Apothecary Diaries upon completion will almost certainly enter my top five, probably moving up one slot (displacing Handyman) and maybe two.

Last year, Lycoris Recoil was my favorite new series from 2022. I think that the only series from this year which could go toe to toe with it for my favor or that I'd place on a similar level are my top three.
WatchTillTandavaJan 1, 9:32 AM
Jan 1, 9:30 AM

Jun 2019
QPR said:

What vexes you so about it, QPR? To me I'm torn. It has some elements which still earn it a place among the series I consider the better ones of this year (albeit toward the lower or bottom tier of that), but at the same time I'm frustrated with several aspects of it, so very mixed on this one.
Jan 1, 9:34 AM

Jan 2008
Reply to removed-user

Oshi no koi is my top rated anime at 9 along with Tomo Chan.
@QPR I can see why Frierin gets high praise but I'm struggling to motivate myself to watch it. Perhaps it's a touch on the Marmite side?

I did want to see Oshi no Koi but the progression of a potential incest relationship in the source is off putting and honestly I don't see many people talking about it now unless it's the incest memes.

My anime of the year?

Hmm I have a few contenders

Pluto
Vinland Saga s2
Golden Kamuy s4 (It ended in 2023)
Bungo Stray Dogs s5
UberBatJan 1, 9:40 AM
Jan 1, 9:36 AM
May 2012
Vinland Saga second season and Frieren.
Jan 1, 9:44 AM

Dec 2022
Frieren definitely. But it was a good year overall.
Jan 2, 12:33 AM

May 2018
Here's the updated list:

2023 - Gokushufudou Season 2, Hikari no Ou, NieR:Automata Ver1.1a, Ooyukiumi no Kaina, Jigokuraku, Tengoku Daimakyou, Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi o Suru, Edomae Elf, Oooku, Undead Girl Murder Farce, Helck, Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri, Kusuriya no Hitorigoto, Under Ninja, Kamierabi, Onimusha and Sousou no Frieren.

People should pay more attention to Kamierabi (which is the update in the list).
Like some describe it as "Mirai Nikki but ugly", which is unfair, since the characters are quite interesting instead of being cringe and theirs powers are weird and fun to watch. Also it got sequel after a nice twist on the death game system rules. I would describe it as "If Mirai Nikki was 3D CGI, took the Madoka Magica approach for the rules of the death game and was quite fun.".
alshuJan 2, 12:41 AM
Jan 2, 12:38 AM
Jul 2018
Reply to WatchTillTandava
QPR said:

What vexes you so about it, QPR? To me I'm torn. It has some elements which still earn it a place among the series I consider the better ones of this year (albeit toward the lower or bottom tier of that), but at the same time I'm frustrated with several aspects of it, so very mixed on this one.
@WatchTillTandava
Nothing "vexes" me about it. My average is about a 6.3. Every anime starts off a 6 and I rate it from there. This struggled to hold my attention and I like cgdct and SOL normally.

So I dropped it a point because of that. I often like the deeper more adult type anime buy this is just meh to me. Not great, not terrible but I just find myself getting bored by it.

I only watched it because it was the top rated anime but think it will drop a lot when anyone who doesn't think it's a 10 will rate it after it is finished.
Jan 2, 12:48 AM
Dec 2023
1st. Vinland Saga S2

2nd. Frieren Beyond Journey's End

3rd. The Eminence in shadow S2
Hi
Jan 2, 1:00 AM

May 2018
QPR said:
this is just meh to me

Sousou no Frieren gets more fun after Fern grows up (which happens fast in a time skip). Also it's supposed to be "wholesome title", the darker parts (which it has) are kind of comical.
Jan 2, 1:07 AM
Oct 2019
My Favourite Are
1. Vinland Saga Season 2
2. 86
Jan 2, 1:26 AM

Jan 2013
I'd say Freiren or Kusuriya, but they're still airing, so I can't rate them. I'd probably go with Rougo_ni_Sonaete
Jan 2, 2:29 AM
Jul 2018
Reply to alshu
QPR said:
this is just meh to me

Sousou no Frieren gets more fun after Fern grows up (which happens fast in a time skip). Also it's supposed to be "wholesome title", the darker parts (which it has) are kind of comical.
@alshu
I am no edgelord so am not expecting lots of blood and gore, I have just caught up to the current ep and I will probably see out the season but not watch others if there are any.
Jan 2, 3:10 AM

Apr 2022
Let's see... there is alot of anime I enjoyed alot but the most ones were

Dangers In My Heart
Frieren: Beyond Journey's End
Apothecary Diaries
Mushoku Tensei II
Isekai Nonbiri Nouka
AI no Idenshi
Eminence in Shadow S2
Migi to Dali
My Clueless Friend
Heavenly Delusions

at the top of my head, these are the ones I could think first. these are also not in order.
AOTY for me is Dangers In My Heart. It came out of nowhere and blew my heart out. Very excited to watch s2.
cute and funny 😭😭😭😭😭😭
Jan 2, 3:44 AM

May 2018
QPR said:
I have just caught up to the current ep

Than you have some idea what people like in it. Along with Kusuriya no Hitorigoto it's an antidote for edgy stuff like CSM and AOT.
Jan 2, 4:21 AM
Oct 2019
Tengoku Daimakyou was the most interesting. Rest will be Oshi no ko and on titan final chapters
Jan 2, 6:31 AM
Jul 2018
[ 1 ] - Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear (I like Yuna so much!)

[ 2 ] - Mushoko Tensei (yeah, one of the best animes I've watched, awesome!)
Jan 4, 10:36 PM
Dec 2023
It's challenging to narrow down to just one, as I enjoyed several animes in 2023. Here are some of my favorites:

1. Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu 2
2. Otonari no Tenshi-sama ni Itsunomanika Dame Ningen ni Sareteita Ken
3. Isekai Nonbiri Nouka
4. Kaiko sareta Ankoku Heishi (30-dai) no Slow na Second Life
5. Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. 2
6. Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta
7. Temple
8. Helck
9. Kanojo mo Kanojo Season 2
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Anime of the Season ( 1 2 )

Raajdeep - Sep 19

67 by MechKingKillbot »»
1 hour ago

» Iis dot hack older than SAO? which is which

Phantomnocomics - Today

10 by zombie_pegasus »»
1 hour ago

» If you lived in the world of your favorite series, would you be happier or not?

Shizuna - Sep 27

25 by 031011 »»
1 hour ago

» Do people really think that the 90s and early 2000s was the peak for anime or was it just nostalgia?

funtime43_tr - Aug 2

34 by Catalano »»
2 hours ago

» Are you a fan of the Touhou Project series?

DesuMaiden - Sep 27

31 by karioka- »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.