Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Nothing wrong with Makima's voice, it's just that you guys headcannoned her with someone different when reading manga... It is a similar situation to what happened with adult Nelliel in Bleach.

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 5, 2022 11:06 AM

Apr 2018
> "headcannoned her with someone different"

Dude, I don't think a single person on earth who read CSM thought that Makima would have a lolish voice. Tomori Kusunoki voiced Futaba from Senpai, Latifa from that isekai anime and what more. But yeah, Makima's character is a sweet, caring and supportive.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 5, 2022 11:21 AM

May 2015
Umm, no. It was pretty obvious what kind of character she is and Saori Hayami, Maaya Sakamoto, Miyuki Sawashiro and a few more similar VAs would have fit much better.

Aug 5, 2022 11:49 AM
Mar 2019
I don't understand the outrage about the VA cast as a whole. Yes they're new or not yet established ones. Then again, take a look at Love is War for example. If I recall correctly, 4 out of the 5 main characters got voice actors who hadn't had any significant roles behind their backs, let alone any name value. Yet Love is War still ended up having arguably the most outstandingly impressive Japanese dub of modern anime.

They know what they're doing with Chainsaw Man, and auditioning for voice acting roles in anime wouldn't exactly match it's image as being notoriously strict, if any talentless newbie could just casually end up in a project as huge as Chainsaw Man.
Aug 6, 2022 1:48 AM
Mar 2022
I didn't quite imagine Makimas voice to be like that, but i don't really mind, Power on the other hand, her voice is EXACTLY how i imagined it.
Aug 6, 2022 5:53 AM
Aug 2022
I feel like Nico robins would suit her
Aug 6, 2022 6:33 AM
Jun 2019
Most manga readers have a bias towards the voice because they know Makima more. Also a VA's vocal range is not static, she can adjust her voice as the story progresses as we get to know more about Makima. I feel this voice for Makima will make the anime much more impactful especially in the later arcs.
Hi
Aug 6, 2022 7:32 AM

Sep 2016
I think Makima's voice is pretty much perfect. If you read the manga you know that Makima always comes off as the nicest person in the room. She seems polite and understanding but that's the whole point... that's how she lures people in.
Aug 6, 2022 7:43 AM

Jul 2017
Her character is more mysterious than anything else, but shows plenty of care and affection. She's supposed to be seemingly sweet. The range in the trailer was great for the lines delivered so far. It wouldn't work if she sounded suspect lol. The fact that there are some anime-onlies that believe her voice needs to sound more dominant, shows how hard the projection is from "dogs" on social media as well as the fanarts lol.

Aug 6, 2022 8:40 AM
Jun 2022
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Umm, no. It was pretty obvious what kind of character she is and Saori Hayami, Maaya Sakamoto, Miyuki Sawashiro and a few more similar VAs would have fit much better.

Yet, Miyuki Sawashiro is famous for her loli voice. Her sexy characters come much later.
Senjougahara Seiyuu was famous for brat/tomboy voiceovers.
Maybe the seiyuu for Makima has that card under her sleeve too, give her a chance.
Aug 7, 2022 3:48 AM

Jul 2021
her voice is pretty close to what I expected, people are just dissatisfied because they didn’t pick the one everyone expected

Friends are nothing more than the people who you spend the fun, yet meaningless times with. When those times get rough, they aren’t there to support you.

My Mushoku Tensei Review
Aug 7, 2022 3:49 AM

Jul 2021
Swagernator said:
OP is right, its a low priority manga, getting a low priority treatment, for a low priority fanbase. Just look at the VA cast.

I’m pretty sure you’re living under a rock

Friends are nothing more than the people who you spend the fun, yet meaningless times with. When those times get rough, they aren’t there to support you.

My Mushoku Tensei Review
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 6, 2022

586 by Takeshi11 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 22, 2022

736 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

1016 by Foul_demon »»
Oct 17, 5:52 AM

» Mappa should have done something more ambitious!

Rizaadxn - Dec 19, 2021

47 by Oongbuh »»
Oct 7, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

YoshePlays - Oct 7, 2022

2658 by Hanzo786 »»
Oct 6, 12:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.