Manga 'Slam Dunk' Gets New Anime Film Adaptation

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 8, 2021 11:02 PM

May 2018
Shohoku vs Sannoh on it's way.
Jan 9, 2021 12:44 PM
Oct 2009
Going by the trend, if Toei gives it a high-budget project treatment, we will probably see the same style used as the one in One Piece Stampede and that Dragon Ball movie.

Not bad at all, especially if it's really covering the Nationals (which I'm somewhat doubtful of) but on the other hand, Shohoku vs Sannoh is already a masterpiece in the manga (and Inoue's art still can't be matched by animation/current technology) and Nationals arc is just too damn big to adapt properly, even just covering the last match would yield 3h+ movie as someone had already pointed out.

inb4 fifth filler movie or a remake movie of previously adapted material.
Jan 11, 2021 3:14 AM
May 2007
The seiyuu cast better be back as well as the original opening theme
Jan 12, 2021 8:01 AM

Aug 2010
Maaaan, I need to read this manga soon.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jan 14, 2021 12:01 AM

Apr 2016
I hope it isn't shit. Imma whack their asses if they did it dirty ;-;
Feb 8, 2021 2:18 PM
Jan 2021

looking forward!
Feb 11, 2021 11:43 PM

Jan 2020
Just in time for the 40th anniversary! I'm so excited oh my god, this is the best news I have heard in so long! I hope they adapt Shohoku vs Sannoh, although I'm so starved for Slam Dunk content I would take anything they give us ahahaha
Aug 13, 2021 4:38 AM
Apr 2020
finally! can't wait to see sakuragi and gorilla in action
Aug 20, 2021 12:00 AM
Aug 2021
And that came out really well! This is my second anime about basketball, and I want to compare it a bit to Kuroko no Basket. Obviously, technically Slam Dunk is weaker than the aforementioned series, the matches look less spectacular, but that's not a bad thing, you still empathize and root for the characters in critical situations. The most interesting thing about the sub is the "old-school" feel to it, expressed in silly but no less funny comedic scenes. The main reason for this is that the comic book is a comic book that you watch for several episodes at a time, with a cup of tea and a warm blanket on cold evenings. The main disadvantage of the series is that it is too long, if you watch it at once, it is unlikely to remain satisfied.Spoiler Can be advised to those who want to watch something about basketball, the rest - can not, because, in my opinion, a little falls short of the classics. 7/10
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Yutaka Yamamoto Launches Crowdfunding for 'Mahou Shoujo-tachi' Anime Project

Sakana-san - Oct 1, 2019

32 by PostMahouShoujo »»
53 minutes ago

» 'Bye-Bye, Earth' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Teaser Promo

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

2 by RobertBobert »»
1 hour ago

» 'Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka V' Unveils Additional Cast, Staff, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

2 by RobertBobert »»
1 hour ago

» 'Kekkon suru tte, Hontou desu ka' Unveils Main Cast, Staff, First Promo, 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Mar 23

6 by saiful99 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Yarinaoshi Reijou wa Ryuutei Heika wo Kouryakuchuu' Reveals Lead Cast, Teaser Promo

Doshigatai - Mar 20

2 by saiful99 »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.