Forum Settings
Forums

What is an anime that you really enjoy, that's hard to recommend to other people?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 17, 2020 9:11 AM

Jul 2013
Either Sorcerer Hunters, Hyper Police, 009-1 (Mylene is hot!), Golgo 13, Dai-Guard or Argento Soma. Watching those anime makes me be like all "Did I just watch some anime different than what everyone else watched?".

I also watch movies different than what everyone else watched. Hence, I'm into varied entertainment so that must mean that I'm the Jack of all trades.
Nov 17, 2020 9:13 AM
Jan 2018
Made in abyss

I dont think I even need to say why
Nov 17, 2020 9:40 AM

May 2020
I'd have to say the monogatari series.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 17, 2020 9:45 AM

Apr 2019
Darling in the franxx, I enjoyed the first half but I cant recommend it when the the last half is as bad as it is.
Nov 17, 2020 9:52 AM

Oct 2019
First of all lemme just say that your forum avatar is HELLA fluid JESUS, what’s the frame rate on that thing
To answer your question, probably Ping Pong the Animation. Forget about the artsyle people, the story is amazing.
Nov 17, 2020 9:57 AM

Oct 2019
quirkywolf said:
It's got to be Psycho-Pass for me. That anime, especially S1, requires a level of explorative intellect in science, religion, and literature that if you aren't a fan of either of these then you won't enjoy the show to the fullest.

Psycho-Pass is definitely a very different, gritty anime, and it took me aback when I first saw it. I think it’s great though. I love when Makishima makes references to famous works of science fiction, and the fact that it’s cyberpunk doesn’t hurt either. It’s tough to recommend it to others though.
Nov 17, 2020 10:28 AM

Sep 2017
ergo proxy, angels egg, or serial experiments lain. because these shows are so dark and slow i don't know if people would enjoy that type of genre

Nov 17, 2020 10:29 AM
Jun 2020
Kaiji, mainly because people hate the art style. I personally like it, and i am even caught up in the manga, i plan to buy my own copy soon
Nissan 350Z
Nov 17, 2020 11:12 AM
May 2020
"Hey, you should watch Jojo's!"
"No"
"Why not?"
"The voice acting sounds trash and the art style is garbage. I don't like buff guys."

W h y
Nov 17, 2020 11:36 AM
Jul 2018
MuscularBlackMan said:
jojo's bizarre adventure, because the fanbase stops any of my friends from watching it as they are cringe as fuck

yeah I tried recommending this to some old coworkers and they laughed and called it gay. lol
Nov 17, 2020 12:28 PM

Apr 2020
I love Aria, but it can be quite slow and it doesn't look the best compared to today's standards

beep boop bop pow
Nov 17, 2020 12:29 PM

Nov 2015
I really loved No Game No Life. It was one of my first anime and the best and most unique Isekai series I've seen, but I find it hard to recommend to others primarily because of the ecchi and suggested incest, but also because of how crazy it can be at times - especially the obscure references to other anime.
Magic High School for similar reasons. I think the magic system is stunningly unique, the action is badass, and the plot is very engaging. But there's also the hinting at the sibling incest that's hard to ignore.

I also really enjoyed Project K, but I usually don't recommend it to people, either. Like, it has the plot of a shounen series but GoHands made it look like a shoujo romance anime. Not to mention all of the characters are very pretty guys and they flirt a lot. So it's kinda awkward recommending it to people that don't usually watch that.

Assassination Classroom won't usually be my first recommendation to someone unless I know they've watched a lot of comedy series or similarly weird shows. Cuz I feel like Ansukyou has a really out there plot and cast for anyone not prepared for it.

Also definitely Kakegurui. It's got characters losing their minds over gambling and legit having the most over-the-top facial expressions while they do so.
Nov 17, 2020 1:27 PM

Jul 2008

Well ... I really loved Ai no Kusabi
but since it deal with imprisonment, non-con, violence and yaoi ...
you can guess I am not shouting out for it haha, but I still love MC relationship and the fierce attitude of the MC1
Nov 17, 2020 1:37 PM
Nov 2020
Chihayafuru. Try selling an anime about an old Japanese card game where you slap the card that finishes the poem sung aloud. BUT I SWEAR IT'S NOT BORING. IT'S EXCELLENT! The deep characters and themes, the way they edit the game, everything! TRUST MEEEEEE
Nov 17, 2020 2:13 PM

Jun 2020
Waiting for that one Boku no Pico comment
Nov 17, 2020 2:22 PM
Aug 2017
Monogatari definetly. Such an amazing and unique show but the sexual parts would be super wierd for someone not accustomed to it
Nov 17, 2020 5:19 PM

Jul 2011
Fairy Tail because it's mostly just wasted potential
Nov 17, 2020 7:52 PM

Mar 2020
Aku no Hana and Gankutsuou for the same reason. The art style.....

How can they see the love in our eyes
And still, they don't believe us?
And after all this time
They don't want to believe us

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» What is an "ironic weeaboo"?

IdeDial - Yesterday

34 by shiro-seishun »»
17 minutes ago

» Why is fairytail the only Shonen anime that people complain for the power of Friendship when evrey other Shonen anime does.

Lol1268 - 5 hours ago

16 by xqXpx »»
33 minutes ago

» Did you "really" watch a show if you didn't see it in Blu-Ray?

Dragevard - 3 hours ago

12 by Dumb »»
40 minutes ago

» Have you ever used anime pick-up lines IRL?

Gashadokur0 - Yesterday

18 by Firemaster2018 »»
1 hour ago

» Does complexity made an anime better? And what is your favourite complex anime

niknasr - May 30

24 by Kruszer »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.