Forum Settings
Forums

Micro Game v6: The Great Race Mafia - Town got 1st place, Mafia got 2nd place

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 20, 2019 6:39 AM

Dec 2013
looks like people's engines are not starting smh...
Jan 20, 2019 6:43 AM

Apr 2018
I'm like 90% sure Osie is town here. I'll be impressed if they're not though
My personality:

Jan 20, 2019 7:58 AM

Sep 2014
Kiiruma said:
I'm like 90% sure Osie is town here. I'll be impressed if they're not though
Osie is a talented mafia player, so you shouldn't pass him off as town this early. Although I like his posts and agree with his gameplan, there's always the chance he's scum.
Jan 20, 2019 8:06 AM

Apr 2018
I cannot deny there's a chance, hence the 10% leeway I've kept. However they are my top town and I'm pretty damn sure nothing will change that
My personality:

Jan 20, 2019 8:08 AM

Sep 2014
Kiiruma said:
I cannot deny there's a chance, hence the 10% leeway I've kept. However they are my top town and I'm pretty damn sure nothing will change that
Could you provide reasoning as to why Osie is your top town?
Jan 20, 2019 8:17 AM

Apr 2018
I can provide some, yet I don't want to risk saying too much. Osie's laid out a detailed plan which is incredibly difficult for mafia to weed their way into especially since we have no idea what rolled.

Mafia themselves can PoE it to either 2 possible matrices or 4 dependent on whether mafia RBer rolled and thus they already have an information advantage. With the detailed plan it'll make it incredibly difficult and risky for them to target anyone they don't say at EoD and thus it limits mafia's utility
My personality:

Jan 20, 2019 8:30 AM

Nov 2015
🏎️ Vote Count 1.1 (Unchanged) 🏎️

Ironace (2): RE, Osieorb18
AlbertinoDias (1): Ironace
Kiiruma (1): Pokeit

🏁 Not Voting 🏁 Logic340, AlbertinoDias, Grrr, Cantripmancer, Kiiruma

>>Day 1 Timer<<
Jan 20, 2019 8:36 AM

Sep 2014
Kiiruma said:
I can provide some, yet I don't want to risk saying too much. Osie's laid out a detailed plan which is incredibly difficult for mafia to weed their way into especially since we have no idea what rolled.

Mafia themselves can PoE it to either 2 possible matrices or 4 dependent on whether mafia RBer rolled and thus they already have an information advantage. With the detailed plan it'll make it incredibly difficult and risky for them to target anyone they don't say at EoD and thus it limits mafia's utility
Thank you for explaining. I can definitely see where you're coming from. The informational confusion for mafia and advantage we will gain will definitely be useful.

Are you planning on questioning/pressuring/voting for anyone anytime soon?
Jan 20, 2019 8:38 AM

Apr 2018
I'm sorta at work atm but I don't have anyone in particular on my mind based off what I've read.. I think. I'll check in a short time
My personality:

Jan 20, 2019 8:58 AM

Apr 2018
Kiiruma said:
I'm sorta at work atm but I don't have anyone in particular on my mind based off what I've read.. I think. I'll check in a short time

Using a tiny bit of time to just say.. I don't understand why your vote is stuck @Pokeit, you sorta hinted at it being to get info from me but I've explained what you've asked.

I also have a further point, with me pointing out that Osie won't be voted up by me *unless a miracle occurs*, it may be quite a telltale sign that you need Osie voted up and me out in order to do so. Why would you be so assertive so early on already when RE even explained that I'm normally slightly inactive which makes me difficult to read and thus I'm normally voted out due to it later on in the game? Often leading to an annoying ML. This over assertiveness is slightly scummy
My personality:

Jan 20, 2019 8:59 AM

Jul 2016
RE said:
AlbertinoDias said:
i like Osie's plan, that's exactly what i was looking for, now we need to start looking for mafia by behaviour, i know it's early, but it's possible.
What exactly did you like about it?
Pokeit said:
How do you think you can prove that you're town if you always lay low?
We flip him, that's how. (Half-kidding :P)

there are parts that I like and parts that I don't like:

everyone claiming targets will make those targets wifom without any kind of flip.

This plan does not help mafia because in case there is a tracker, tracker will know who's lying.

If there is a cop, if the cop does not out himself, it means every person he visited before dying is town (besides the last night in case he's nk)

Doc I'll comment after I get Togs feedback.

jk and BP I don't really understood, but I'm assuming doc isn't in the set up with those, if that's the case (not home, gotta check) it makes perfect sense.

while this does not make osie town, i did like his plan, and I think we should stick with it.

this however is just for mechanics, so I'll think about it more.
Jan 20, 2019 9:11 AM

Sep 2016
osieorb18 said:
I don't get you here.
Strategy seems straight-forward.
What's there not to get?

Town PRs can claim.
Vanillas provide cover.
Townies need not lie.
I definitely agree with providing cover (leaving fake cop or tracker checks) but I don't exactly see the point in announcing targets before they're made. Never seen that strategy be implemented before.
ironace said:
i liked about it that it feels like it will help town alot more than scum if we state our targets before taking actions. So we can have a good starting point if a person dies who was going to target someone else
Now scum can use this strategy to frame others but as it will also require effort for them to discuss with each other-more chances for slip..
atleast thats how i see it
How is stating designated targets any different from analyzing a player's reads before they're killed, in that case? In essence, from the usual NKA?
...better to be hated for what you are than loved for something you are not.
Jan 20, 2019 9:13 AM

Jul 2016
RE said:
osieorb18 said:
I don't get you here.
What's there not to get?

Town PRs can claim.
Vanillas provide cover.
Townies need not lie.
I definitely agree with providing cover (leaving fake cop or tracker checks) but I don't exactly see the point in announcing targets before they're made. Never seen that strategy be implemented before.
ironace said:
i liked about it that it feels like it will help town alot more than scum if we state our targets before taking actions. So we can have a good starting point if a person dies who was going to target someone else
Now scum can use this strategy to frame others but as it will also require effort for them to discuss with each other-more chances for slip..
How is stating designated targets any different from analyzing a player's reads before they're killed, in that case? In essence, from the usual NKA?

read my post, if you still have doubts tell me, I'll fully explain on what this plan consists of
Jan 20, 2019 9:17 AM

Apr 2018
I'm gonna say.. at this moment I see a 70% chance Dias is mafia imo. 60% chance Pokeit is.

While I didn't like @RE 's post about me, I don't see it as scummy. However, I feel Dias literally just above, may have slipped since scum already have PoE of at least 2 matrices crossed out if not more and as a result they can more quickly work out what they're against than we can.
My personality:

Jan 20, 2019 9:22 AM

Sep 2016
AlbertinoDias said:
there are parts that I like and parts that I don't like:

everyone claiming targets will make those targets wifom without any kind of flip.

This plan does not help mafia because in case there is a tracker, tracker will know who's lying.

If there is a cop, if the cop does not out himself, it means every person he visited before dying is town (besides the last night in case he's nk)

jk and BP I don't really understood, but I'm assuming doc isn't in the set up with those, if that's the case (not home, gotta check) it makes perfect sense.

while this does not make osie town, i did like his plan, and I think we should stick with it.

this however is just for mechanics, so I'll think about it more.
Okay, fair.
I was skeptical since it seemed like you agreed for the sake of agreeing, but it's possible that I was biased in that I didn't see the advantage in the plan.
Jan 20, 2019 9:26 AM

Sep 2016
Kiiruma said:
I'm gonna say.. at this moment I see a 70% chance Dias is mafia imo. 60% chance Pokeit is.

While I didn't like @RE 's post about me, I don't see it as scummy. However, I feel Dias literally just above, may have slipped since scum already have PoE of at least 2 matrices crossed out if not more and as a result they can more quickly work out what they're against than we can.
What's the slip?

Can agree that Pokeit is being persistent for little reason.
Jan 20, 2019 9:28 AM

Sep 2016
Also @Kiiruma , what didn't you like about my post? >:I
Jan 20, 2019 9:32 AM

Jul 2016
RE said:
Kiiruma said:

What's the slip?

Second that

I don't know about pokeit tho, is not unvoting that big of a deal?? o.O
Jan 20, 2019 9:34 AM

Sep 2014
Kiiruma said:
Kiiruma said:

Using a tiny bit of time to just say.. I don't understand why your vote is stuck @Pokeit, you sorta hinted at it being to get info from me but I've explained what you've asked.

I also have a further point, with me pointing out that Osie won't be voted up by me *unless a miracle occurs*, it may be quite a telltale sign that you need Osie voted up and me out in order to do so. Why would you be so assertive so early on already when RE even explained that I'm normally slightly inactive which makes me difficult to read and thus I'm normally voted out due to it later on in the game? Often leading to an annoying ML. This over assertiveness is slightly scummy
You said that your playstyle as mafia is laying low, so I’m pressuring you so that you won’t lay low and be easier to read.

I don’t want anyone voted except mafia, and anyone could be mafia. Including me from your perspective.
I like that you’re pointing out what you find suspicious from my posts. It shows that you’re not just answering questions and being done with them, but also looking for suspicions in the general discussion and involving yourself in the game. I see this as a good town quality.

Do you think my over assertiveness is enough for you to vote for me?
Jan 20, 2019 9:35 AM

Sep 2016
AlbertinoDias said:
RE said:
What's the slip?

Second that

I don't know about pokeit tho, is not unvoting that big of a deal?? o.O
It's not the unvoting part that rubs me the wrong way, but the insistence on targeting Kiiruma in particular and grilling him.
Jan 20, 2019 9:36 AM

Sep 2016
Pokeit said:
You said that your playstyle as mafia is laying low, so I’m pressuring you so that you won’t lay low and be easier to read.
Oh, this is good. I like this.
Jan 20, 2019 9:38 AM

Jul 2016
RE said:
osieorb18 said:
I don't get you here.
What's there not to get?

Town PRs can claim.
Vanillas provide cover.
Townies need not lie.

For REal? No way.
It's REally just bREadcrumbing.
Standard strategy.

RE said:
ironace said:

The stated targets
aren't relevant til Day 2
for reading people.

Doesn't give info
to scum because the whole town
would participate.

Town analysis
can happen as of Day 2
basing on the flip.

This minimizes
information gathering
from the scum sources.

It maximizes
proper use of power roles
in this here setup.

You're VERY concerned.
I'm not sure why you are so.
I start to worry.
Had I the heavens’ embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

- WB Yeats
Jan 20, 2019 9:38 AM

Sep 2016
RE said:
Pokeit said:
Though, you voted Kiiruma before he explained himself. Do you have any experience with him prior to this game?
Jan 20, 2019 9:42 AM

Sep 2016
osieorb18 said:
You're VERY concerned.
I start to worry.
I'm not concerned, I'm just skeptical of the benefits there are for town. I also don't entirely agree with breadcrumbing, unless it's for funsies or with solid information that can be used later on.

Why does my concern worry you?
Jan 20, 2019 9:45 AM

Sep 2014
RE said:
RE said:
Though, you voted Kiiruma before he explained himself. Do you have any experience with him prior to this game?
Currently I’m pressuring him continually for this reason. I initially wanted to pressure him because he was unknown to me and active at the same time I was.
Jan 20, 2019 9:51 AM

Jul 2016
RE said:
osieorb18 said:
You're VERY concerned.
I start to worry.
I'm not concerned, I'm just skeptical of the benefits there are for town. I also don't entirely agree with breadcrumbing, unless it's for funsies or with solid information that can be used later on.

It's useful later.
REaction more than concern.
At least appears so.

- WB Yeats
Jan 20, 2019 9:53 AM

Sep 2016
osieorb18 said:
RE said:

It's useful later.
At least appears so.
This doesn't answer my last question
Jan 20, 2019 9:55 AM

Apr 2018
RE said:
What's the slip?

The slip is simple.. From a mafia member's perspective there's 2 or 4 matrices which can roll. I've suggested quite hard that I can see Osie as town which may have made mafia jump onto even jokingly saying there's a doctor.

Why would Dias choose to joke about being doctor instead of anything else? It's because they have a large reason why they suspect there could be a doctor in play, since they know what did and didn't roll for mafia and have read a town as a specific PR
My personality:

Jan 20, 2019 10:00 AM

Sep 2016
Kiiruma said:
RE said:
What's the slip?

The slip is simple.. From a mafia member's perspective there's 2 or 4 matrices which can roll. I've suggested quite hard that I can see Osie as town which may have made mafia jump onto even jokingly saying there's a doctor.

Why would Dias choose to joke about being doctor instead of anything else? It's because they have a large reason why they suspect there could be a doctor in play, since they know what did and didn't roll for mafia and have read a town as a specific PR
If you mean #61, I'm not sure what the joke is. Though @AlbertinoDias should respond to this.
Jan 20, 2019 10:06 AM

Apr 2018
Dias essentially was saying "I'm PR" and "I'll consider when to out my results" which is way to overtly LAMISTy for them. It's a clear scum tell too, trying to push away from themselves and give them days to spare

/Vote AlbertinoDias
My personality:

Jan 20, 2019 10:11 AM

Jul 2016
RE said:
RE said:

before @Pokeit answers (hopefully) re, can I know if him voting kii before that changes anything?
Jan 20, 2019 10:11 AM

Jul 2016
Pokeit said:
RE said:
Currently I’m pressuring him continually for this reason. I initially wanted to pressure him because he was unknown to me and active at the same time I was.

dam it
Jan 20, 2019 10:12 AM

Jul 2016
RE said:
osieorb18 said:

It's useful later.
At least appears so.
This doesn't answer my last question

In your reaction
You seemed to react more than
Your concern implied.

- WB Yeats
Jan 20, 2019 10:19 AM

Jan 2010
ironace said:
also why is osi wrting this way?
-all in all, we need more people >_> orelse this will go nowhere

@Logic340

@grrr

@Cantripmancer

what do u think of osi's plan
it is quite an interesting plan and I've never seen anything like it. I can see the pros osie has listed but iI would like us to considee any possible cons as well.

@Osie have you ever used or seen a plan like this? Do you have/know any cons (something that benefits mafia) associated with this plan? A couple things that concern me with this:
1. It may make BA harder later in the game? With everyone lying about checks would it make this a mechanical game from here on?
2. If no one is to claim D1, there is the possibility we could possibly lynch a PR. This would make the mechanical portion of this more difficult if it turns to that late game?
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Jan 20, 2019 10:19 AM

Jul 2016
Kiiruma said:
RE said:
What's the slip?

Whatcha talkin' bout?
Also don't see any slip.
Please be SPECIFIC.

- WB Yeats
Jan 20, 2019 10:20 AM

Apr 2018
RE said:

No experience whatsoever which is yet another reason why I suspect them. Their expalation for their continual pushing therefore isn't fully justified. They "just chose" me because I was online at the time. Not only is it sort of angleshooting to look at times people are on, but they never explained they suspect me, they only voted me to 'encourage' me which is quite a pitiful excuse
My personality:

Jan 20, 2019 10:25 AM

Sep 2016
AlbertinoDias said:
RE said:

before @Pokeit answers (hopefully) re, can I know if him voting kii before that changes anything?
It would have meant he sought out Kiiruma before finding out that Kiiruma might lurk as mafia, making his initial pressure unjustified.
osieorb18 said:
In your reaction
You seemed to react more than
Your concern implied.
Well, okay. I didn't see how me disagreeing with a mechanical strategy meant more than, well, disagreeing, but if it's *how* I did it, then alright. I'm not seeing what you're seeing, but I'm obviously biased.
Jan 20, 2019 10:27 AM

Apr 2018
AlbertinoDias said:

Dias decides to soft PR jokingly (I misinterpreted it as them claiming doc) yet I consider it a slip because why would town jokingly claim PR now unless they have reason to believe there are 2 PRs and the other one will be able to protect them?

Mafia, as I have pointed out are far more likely to have reasons why we have rolled certain things since we already have PoE'ing potential. Dias, perhaps unintentionally, made their post sound very LAMISTy and thus I believe them to have false intentions @Osieorb18
My personality:

Jan 20, 2019 10:28 AM

Jan 2010
@Osieorb18 can you explain your vote on ironace? I haven't seen anything from hime that leans me either way so far? You seemed to imply reasoning?

Jan 20, 2019 10:29 AM

Sep 2016
While I like the motivation in pressuring an unknown factor, it's at best NAI because it could also be summarized as pushing someone who's unlikely to fight back, or LHF.

What may be telling is how Pokeit proceeds with the pressure.
Jan 20, 2019 10:29 AM

Jul 2016
logic340 said:
@Osie have you ever used or seen a plan like this? Do you have/know any cons (something that benefits mafia) associated with this plan? A couple things that concern me with this:
1. It may make BA harder later in the game? With everyone lying about checks would it make this a mechanical game from here on?
2. If no one is to claim D1, there is the possibility we could possibly lynch a PR. This would make the mechanical portion of this more difficult if it turns to that late game?

Nope, I worked it out.
There exists a standard plan.
With Day 1 claim strat.

It is up in the air
if that plan's really the best
But to discuss it:

BP claims if here.
None, Tracker or Cop claims.
PRs learn setup.

I think this is worse
Especially Setup 2.
But it's more tested.

My plan I thought of
While I took a long shower.
Which makes it the best.

- WB Yeats
Jan 20, 2019 10:32 AM

Jul 2016
Kiiruma said:
AlbertinoDias said:

Dias decides to soft PR jokingly (I misinterpreted it as them claiming doc) yet I consider it a slip because why would town jokingly claim PR now unless they have reason to believe there are 2 PRs and the other one will be able to protect them?

Mafia, as I have pointed out are far more likely to have reasons why we have rolled certain things since we already have PoE'ing potential. Dias, perhaps unintentionally, made their post sound very LAMISTy and thus I believe them to have false intentions @Osieorb18

Ehh, bit of a stretch.
I'm not convinced as of yet.
It's too next level.

- WB Yeats
Jan 20, 2019 10:32 AM

Sep 2014
Kiiruma said:
RE said:

No experience whatsoever which is yet another reason why I suspect them. Their expalation for their continual pushing therefore isn't fully justified. They "just chose" me because I was online at the time. Not only is it sort of angleshooting to look at times people are on, but they never explained they suspect me, they only voted me to 'encourage' me which is quite a pitiful excuse
You had replied to one of my questions while I was reading through the thread for the first time, so I picked you to start conversation and get reads from.

Do you dislike my strategy of starting the game by voting for you to pressure and get reads from you? Do you dislike my actions or do you dislike that they were directed towards you? Do you think you would have suspected me if I pressured a different player in a similar manner?
Jan 20, 2019 10:35 AM

Apr 2018
I'm gonna say this, there's a reason I am becoming so confident that I am trying to make reads this early on. I've played on another forum and my reads in all games there so far have been beyond amazing
My personality:

Jan 20, 2019 10:38 AM

Jul 2016
logic340 said:
@Osieorb18 can you explain your vote on ironace? I haven't seen anything from hime that leans me either way so far? You seemed to imply reasoning?

Probability
For the most part that is all.
Due to RE, Dias.

All else that I see
I can just handwave away
By saying it's tone.

- WB Yeats
Jan 20, 2019 10:40 AM

Jan 2010
osieorb18 said:
logic340 said:

Nope, I worked it out.
There exists a standard plan.
With Day 1 claim strat.

It is up in the air
if that plan's really the best
But to discuss it:

BP claims if here.
None, Tracker or Cop claims.
PRs learn setup.

I think this is worse
Especially Setup 2.
But it's more tested.

My plan I thought of
While I took a long shower.
Which makes it the best.
i like the plan but I just want to be sure there is no mafia cover..which will imo also help show your true intentions here because if it does help mafia in some way i wouldn't want you hiding behind it. I haven't looked over the setups like that I'll have to look at setup 2 to see what you're talking?

Jan 20, 2019 10:42 AM

Apr 2018
Pokeit said:
Do you dislike my strategy of starting the game by voting for you to pressure and get reads from you? Do you dislike my actions or do you dislike that they were directed towards you? Do you think you would have suspected me if I pressured a different player in a similar manner?

Scum reason list:
1) Pushing for no reason in a way that makes no sense due to their own argument for why they initially made the vote
2) Being beyond overly defensive.

Answering you:
1) That wasn't your reasoning though. If it was for pressuring then why? Since you wouldn't have known when you initially started pushing me
2) Both and I dislike your reasoning AND reactions. It lacks sense.
3) If you had used similar reasoning on them then I'll admit it would've taken me longer to pick up on it, but I truly believe I'd have got there eventually and started pushing like mad
My personality:

Jan 20, 2019 10:43 AM

Sep 2016
Kiiruma said:
I'm gonna say this, there's a reason I am becoming so confident that I am trying to make reads this early on. I've played on another forum and my reads in all games there so far have been beyond amazing
Could you link them, if possible?
Jan 20, 2019 10:43 AM

Jan 2010
Pokeit said:
RE said:
while i do like your grilling of kiiruma i can't help but notice you have only focused on him while others were active as with you as well. Why such a narrow focus?

Jan 20, 2019 10:46 AM

Jan 2010
Kiiruma said:
were any of these reads based off a slip? I ask becaus thats was your main reasoning here.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated MEMBER Posts! v1 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SoulEaterQUEEN - Mar 26, 2016

1990 by Serafos »»
Aug 17, 9:42 PM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3811 by Serafos »»
Aug 17, 9:42 PM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8751 by Serafos »»
Aug 17, 9:41 PM

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2867 by Serafos »»

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1160 by Serafos »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.