Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 27, 2022 7:25 PM

Sep 2020
Freaking incredible series and an amazing finale! If only it wasn't just 12 episodes :'(

I loved every minute from the OP onward. I disagree about the 2nd half being inferior, I found it all engrossing and pretty straightforward in terms of the expanding the plot and mystery reveals. Cronico's initial ep was definitely a highlight.

Full 10s across the board and added to my favorites.
SlammyHammyOct 27, 2022 7:58 PM
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
Nov 3, 2022 8:51 PM

May 2021
Finally done with this, they milked that OST of just 3 tracks like if it was milking Mozart secret symphonies, most of the tropes were common for the sci-fi genre, the 1st half was kinda episodic with only a bit of the main plot, most of the chapters had to end in a melodramatic note just because so, it is only remindful of another SoL/episodic shows, nothing special, 2nd half was more plot driven but I don't know if they were trying to parody the action genre or it just went like that, if you want to find flaws in the plot of this show, you can easily farm them like gold in a MMORPG, if the episodic part of the show and tropes it used with the messages it tried to convey were already known by you, then there is no reason for liking this show, Yuasa the Butcher did it again , 2/10.
Feb 18, 8:22 AM

Nov 2023
Alright, pretty typical ending
Mar 20, 5:30 PM

Dec 2022
The ostrich thing being Kaiba's mother was a neat detail, in the sense that it gave away some of the true intentions of other characters in retrospect, and it also shows why it was so protective of Kaiba to begin with. Unfortunately, the rest of the episode is just a series of overly esoteric action scenes with no compelling, succinctly paced narrative developments to break them up. This episode may as well have been an art project video with no connection to anything preceeding it.

This anime fails to bring out your emotions and has characters who alternate motivations like they change socks. The erratic pacing meant that the unique setting and worldbuilding also underdelivered in conveying the mood, atmosphere and tone of the series.

Shaded Horizon

Jun 1, 11:31 PM

Jan 2017
Total letdown. The last 3 episodes or so really were super rushed, I think having a longer run time would have probably done wonder.

Major complaints: HyoHyo never got a body. Like, really? Can't we hear what Neyro has to say? The unaltered Neyro. At some point body hopping was a super prevalent and interesting aspect of the show, but when we came back to Earth it just stopped existing, very lame.
No call backs to Vanilla or Cronico. Two major characters with highlight episodes in the series that defined Kaiba's journey through the galaxy just seemed to be forgotten. Maybe the colorful blue and pink hands are a callback to them? But that just feels like grasping at straws. It would have been nice having Kaiba remember the people he met and worthwhile relationships humans can have and the value of the memories formed by those.
Why did Neyro jump in to save fake Warp? Why did Kaiba suddenly go darkness mode after the new Warp showed up?
What did the Kaiba plant represent?

Overall, super weak finale, didn't pull in the right directions at all, and didn't really wrap everything up nicely. I like how HyoHyo went back to Kichi, who loved her, and who I assume was okay and probably put a copy in that robot? Could have been clearer on that regard.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaiba Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Trojun - Aug 7, 2008

65 by hitoki27 »»
Jun 1, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Kaiba Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

freedo- - Jul 4, 2008

65 by hitoki27 »»
May 30, 7:12 PM

Poll: » Kaiba Episode 8 Discussion

cyruz - Jun 22, 2008

49 by hitoki27 »»
May 30, 6:24 PM

Poll: » Kaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Jun 2, 2008

79 by hitoki27 »»
May 29, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Kaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 2, 2008

115 by hitoki27 »»
May 13, 9:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.