Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (93) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jun 1, 2016 4:21 PM

Mar 2015
Fappa said:
ColdBreeze said:
I ... don't want to wait any longer..

That ending is probably a love-hate moment lol

I believe

That's exactly how I feel about the ending.

@Sometimes791 I hate you with pleasure lol.

Jun 1, 2016 4:25 PM

Apr 2015
bobzanny said:

Hell yes, all in all so much happens there, it's crazy.

bobzanny said:
Once thing I've noticed upon rewatching this show, is that there's a lot of subtle foreshadowing that pays off in big ways. Like it feels every scene is contextually important. White Fox is truly outdoing themselves this year.

Yes! I noticed that very early and was really surprised. It already starts with the OP & ED. It shows you a lot of different things that make you wonder but the further you get into the story, the more sense all these things make sense. Oh and there is major foreshadowing in the OP for arc 3. I also love how in the first PV you can see some of the characters appearing in arc 3 for a short moment.

In the episodes themselves there is a lot of foreshadowing yes and it really takes a talented director to pull that off. He hasn't done much but at least once in your career as a director a story comes across where it just makes "click" and you are able to fully implement your creative choices. The majority of foreshadowing is places within the narrative but the fact that they were able to visualize them in such a subtle way is crazy.

Hell I've already spotted foreshadowing for stuff that still has to happen in the rest of arc 2 and arc 3.
Jun 1, 2016 4:34 PM

Apr 2015
DarklordVor said:

Yeah I feel you!

Jun 1, 2016 5:38 PM

Mar 2015
Fappa said:
DarklordVor said:

Yeah I feel you!

Jun 1, 2016 5:44 PM

May 2015
Fappa said:
DarkingDawning said:

Interesting. But it doesn't seem that @DarklordVor is hyped for its ending lol. I guess that's understandable since he's obsessed with that girl. I mean Emilia looked better and kinder than Rem, but he did say he like crazy girls like Kotori.

By crazy good, do you mean more crazy Rem? From the chapter 13 manga @DarklordVor posted,

Then there's a higher stake, I'm thinking of more deaths for our best car Subaru.

Well

Basically there are so many intense moments on arc 3. I guess we'll see, since I heard that
Jun 1, 2016 5:49 PM

Mar 2015
Ooh my Nyantype magazine finally arrived~

It seems episode 13 is revealed on this issue:

Title: 『自称騎士ナツキ・スバル』 from arc 3 chapter 20.

Jun 2, 2016 3:37 AM

Apr 2015
DarklordVor said:
Ooh my Nyantype magazine finally arrived~

It seems episode 13 is revealed on this issue:

Title: 『自称騎士ナツキ・スバル』 from arc 3 chapter 20.

Alright since this means something like
I'm now really sure that episode 15 is where it really starts.
Jun 3, 2016 3:59 AM

Apr 2015
Thanks to Winter_Firefly, he just told me that there will be a pre-screening of episode 12 in two weeks!

Some people of the staff and the voice actors will watch episode 1-11 together and then jump over to episode 12 which introduces the new arc.

They seem to know what awaits us in arc 3 and that it will be whole new experience. Now that's what I call advertising a new arc :D!

http://re-zero-anime.jp/news/#news-80
Jun 3, 2016 12:33 PM

Sep 2015
I want a spoiler

Jun 3, 2016 1:08 PM

Apr 2015
Perpetual_Burn said:
I want a spoiler

Jun 3, 2016 2:10 PM

Sep 2015
Fappa said:
Perpetual_Burn said:
I want a spoiler

Very nice,thanks.
Jun 3, 2016 2:23 PM

Mar 2010
bobzanny said:
Fappa said:

Ah I actually like that ending of arc 3

Fappa confirmed sadist.

I wouldn't even call that ending sadistic. It's just bittersweet since not complete victory that is all. Nothing wrong with that.

Sadistic ending would be like Fate/Zero were the entire cast save one or two died and MC ends p broken.
Jun 3, 2016 4:29 PM

Jan 2015
Jagd84 said:
bobzanny said:

Fappa confirmed sadist.

I wouldn't even call that ending sadistic. It's just bittersweet since not complete victory that is all. Nothing wrong with that.

Sadistic ending would be like Fate/Zero were the entire cast save one or two died and MC ends p broken.

F/Z ending was hardly sadistic. Everyone went through their respective arc there wasn't any torture or prolonging the inevitable like in Re:Zero.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 4, 2016 12:59 PM

Mar 2015
So I got bored today and decided to do something to waste my life and time lol. All of these are not really accurate, as there may some omitted scenes done by White Fox or my human errors getting these numbers. So let's just say this is an approximation, okay?

Episode 1

WN: 71,922 words
LN: 72,740 words

Episode 2

WN: 37,205 words
LN: 33,881 words

Episode 3

WN: 38,316 words
LN: 33,855 words

Note: if you add up all the WN words I listed here, you may notice that it was slightly different from the one I listed earlier because I copied that from the Japanese wiki. The reason to this might be caused by me not including the titles, the A/N, and some human errors.

It seems we're seeing a trend of 30-35k words each episode. I'm gonna see the pacing for arc 2 tomorrow when I'm bored again lol. So let's see if the pace of every episodes are actually steady.

Jun 4, 2016 1:58 PM

Mar 2010
bobzanny said:
Jagd84 said:

F/Z ending was hardly sadistic. Everyone went through their respective arc there wasn't any torture or prolonging the inevitable like in Re:Zero.

Just because F/Z didn't have explictly torture or had completed characters arcs does not mean did not end badly for everyone not named Wavier.

Besides that doesn't matter because those things simply happened in other timelines were Subaru failed. The things happened F/Z can never be made right and nobody has the power to do so. Re:Zero isn't about defeatism or prolonging the inevaible, it's about making sure the inevitabe doesn't happen by overcoming them with few as sacrifices as possible.

If wasn't Subaru would never have gotten through Arc 3 or evren Arc 1 at all. He has tough, but it's hardly hopeless.
Iron_MawJun 4, 2016 2:12 PM
Jun 4, 2016 2:18 PM

Jan 2015
Jagd84 said:
bobzanny said:

Just because F/Z didn't have explictly torture or had completed characters arcs does not mean did not end badly for everyone not named Wavier.

Besides that doesn't matter because those things simply happened in other timelines were Subaru failed. The things happened F/Z can never be made right and nobody has the power to do so. Re:Zero isn't about defeatism or prolonging the inevaible, it's about making sure the inevitabe doesn't happen by overcoming them with few as sacrifices as possible.

If wasn't Subaru would never have gotten through Arc 3 or evren Arc 1 at all. He has tough, but it's hardly hopeless.

Well exactly F/Z story was inevitable because it already happened so there was nothing sadistic about it, Re:Zero on the other hand has an infinite number of outcomes with each loop pertaining to Subaru's consistent mental state. Things can always get worse in Re:Zero but in F/Z it was set.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 4, 2016 3:39 PM

Mar 2010
bobzanny said:
Jagd84 said:

Well exactly F/Z story was inevitable because it already happened so there was nothing sadistic about it, Re:Zero on the other hand has an infinite number of outcomes with each loop pertaining to Subaru's consistent mental state. Things can always get worse in Re:Zero but in F/Z it was set.

Maybe then sadistic wasn't the right word, but I don't think either fit the definition much at all anyway. Point is that unlike F/Z Re:Zero isn't a story about inevitably. Nothing could advert the tragedy that happened in F/Z partly because that was just history, but will that never case Re:Zero no matter hard it gets. Sure somethings can't be avoided sure, but ultimately it comes down to facing adversity to reach an end and not the hardship/suffering that come as byproduct of that adversity being the end point itself. So what makes the story compelling is because Subaru always works to earn everything he's got coming to him and nothing ever handed on sliver platter.
Iron_MawJun 4, 2016 5:18 PM
Jun 5, 2016 12:36 PM

Mar 2015
Episode 10 ends on chapter 46 of WN and volume 3 chapter 4 of LN.

One more episode to a Rem-rin episode~

Jun 5, 2016 3:30 PM
Aug 2014
From the first page arc 1 and 2 are 582000 words long and last 11 ep. So in 14 episodes we can make ~750000 words. Arc 3 is 1070000 words so 3/4 can be made theorically. But I doubt they will stop here so it's simple for me with some useless scenes less and also some parts we can cut a little and maybe 2 40 min length episode we can make it.
Onepieceuc1Jun 5, 2016 3:36 PM
Jun 5, 2016 3:47 PM

Mar 2015
Onepieceuc1 said:
From the first page arc 1 and 2 are 582000 words long and last 11 ep. So in 14 episodes we can make ~750000 words. Arc 3 is 1070000 words so 3/4 can be made theorically. But I doubt they will stop here so it's simple for me with some useless scenes less and also some parts we can cut a little and maybe 2 40 min length episode we can make it.

I haven't calculate arc 2 and arc 3 LN words, because they might be shorter than the WN (note that the LN is the polished version of the WN and also the one that the anime adapted from).

Episode 2-23 is definitely 20 minutes episode. Since the BD was listed with 75 minutes each volumes except volume 9. Volume 9 is the only BD that is listed with 50 minutes, so we can assume that they will extend episode 24 OR 25 to make volume 9 a 75 minutes BD like vol. 1-8.

Jun 5, 2016 8:31 PM
May 2015
As an anime-only, is the LN/WN over or close? This is the only LN-based anime I seriously will be depressed if it doesn't finish adapting.
Jun 5, 2016 9:13 PM

Nov 2015
So there's a chance this show is going to have an actually ending unlike some shows? Or am I completely misreading this board which could happen, it's quite late.

Plus I thought the story was still on going?
Jun 5, 2016 9:54 PM

Mar 2015
SovereignSky said:
As an anime-only, is the LN/WN over or close? This is the only LN-based anime I seriously will be depressed if it doesn't finish adapting.

The LN/WN is still ongoing. The WN is currently on arc 6 (on-hold) while the LN is on arc 3 (ongoing). The anime speculatively will end with the LN finishing the arc 3. Arc 4+ will be another news, but looking at Pre-order numbers (3k total), it's kind of "meh" compared to other airing anime like Kabaneri.

InuScotty711 said:
So there's a chance this show is going to have an actually ending unlike some shows? Or am I completely misreading this board which could happen, it's quite late.

There is a chance it will end on the end of arc 3. The ending itself is a big cliffhanger, but fortunately, for people like me, Re:Zero already ended on that alternate ending.

The story is still ongoing with arc 6 for WN and arc 3 for LN.

Jun 5, 2016 10:29 PM
Jul 2015
Pre-order (3k total). what the hell is going on with japaneses (otaku) tastes?
I don't want to believe....
At least, I want this series catch up Hataraku series
1 6 15,538 2013/07/03 Spring Hataraku Maou-sama!
2 6 11,219 2013/08/07 Spring Hataraku Maou-sama!
3 6 10,966 2013/09/04 Spring Hataraku Maou-sama!
4 6 10,803 2013/10/16 Spring Hataraku Maou-sama!
5 6 10,569 2013/11/06 Spring Hataraku Maou-sama!
6 6 11,718 2013/12/04 Spring Hataraku Maou-sama!
DirtyOldGuyJun 5, 2016 10:35 PM

Jun 5, 2016 11:35 PM

Mar 2015
machixmachi said:
Pre-order (3k total). what the hell is going on with japaneses (otaku) tastes?
I don't want to believe....
At least, I want this series catch up Hataraku series
1 6 15,538 2013/07/03 Spring Hataraku Maou-sama!
2 6 11,219 2013/08/07 Spring Hataraku Maou-sama!
3 6 10,966 2013/09/04 Spring Hataraku Maou-sama!
4 6 10,803 2013/10/16 Spring Hataraku Maou-sama!
5 6 10,569 2013/11/06 Spring Hataraku Maou-sama!
6 6 11,718 2013/12/04 Spring Hataraku Maou-sama!

Yeah no joking.

Re:Zero's pre-order (BD+DVD+Amazon) = 1,934 + 294 +1,105 + 196 = 3,529 sales

compared to Kabaneri's pre-order (BD+DVD+Amazon) = 2,271 + 256 + 4,772 +697 = 7,996 sales (that's more than twice of Re:Zero right now)

Kabaneri is slowly creeping up to KonoSuba's average sales while Re:Zero is probably having their budget breakeven with ~4k sales (the animation is definitely more costly than usual anime). It will be released in 18 days, so it will probably stop around ~5k to ~6k sales. Then again, since this is just amazon stalker, that means it could be 0-100% higher or lower from its pre-order prediction numbers.
DarklordVorJun 5, 2016 11:38 PM

Jun 6, 2016 4:38 AM

Apr 2014
Those are points accumulated through pre-orders. It doesn't mean those will be the final numbers for the BD/DVDs. Looking at the estimates, Re:zero's volume 1 will probably sell 6-7k or probably a bit more if it continues to perform well.
DarklordVor said:
Kabaneri is slowly creeping up to KonoSuba's average sales while Re:Zero is probably having their budget breakeven with ~4k sales (the animation is definitely more costly than usual anime).

Better animation doesn't necessarily mean the show has a huge budget. One Punch Man had an average budget according to the chief animator of the show.

You can make a good looking anime with a small number of animators if everything is timed out properly.
Z4KJun 6, 2016 4:47 AM
Jun 6, 2016 5:01 AM
Jul 2015
Thanks DarlordVor and Z4k
I still hope rezero's 7-8k sales
DirtyOldGuyJun 6, 2016 6:28 AM

Jun 6, 2016 5:32 AM

Apr 2014
By the way, I just found out Whitefox isn't even listed in the production committee for the series lol.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/anime_in/archives/57831874.html
Jun 6, 2016 5:57 AM

Aug 2012
Well, it's not like you can't do anything for that. If you really love the show, just buy the japanese bds. I just pre-ordered the first vol for the moment, but i will certainly pre-order the other ones soon™

The 9 volumes cost a bit less than 500 euros, that makes like 60-65 euros every month for 9 months, which is not excessive imo
Jun 6, 2016 6:01 AM

Aug 2012
Z4k said:
By the way, I just found out Whitefox isn't even listed in the production committee for the series lol.

I heard that Re:Zero is more a Nexus show than a White Fox one lol
They have some talented animators, as seen on Rakudai which was a co-production between Silver Link and Nexus.

Well shit Nexus isn't listed either xD
I guess the possibility of a second season will depend if the LN sell well, which is kinda the case for the moment
KlinsKJun 6, 2016 6:10 AM
Jun 6, 2016 6:31 AM
Jul 2015
KlinsK said:
Well, it's not like you can't do anything for that. If you really love the show, just buy the japanese bds. I just pre-ordered the first vol for the moment, but i will certainly pre-order the other ones soon™

The 9 volumes cost a bit less than 500 euros, that makes like 60-65 euros every month for 9 months, which is not excessive imo

Yep. I understood. I will buy it for sure (maybe in 2017 because some personal reasons)

Jun 6, 2016 6:49 AM

May 2016
Z4k said:

They are a studio?
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Jun 6, 2016 6:54 AM

Apr 2014
TeamDalaiLana said:
Z4k said:

They are a studio?

I know but sometimes studios invest in a series and are part of the production committee. Whitefox were contracted to animate Re:zero by the publishers and aren't involved in the production at all which means they won't get any of the profit made from the anime.

Basically, it's now up to the publishers if they want a second season or not.
Z4KJun 6, 2016 7:00 AM
Jun 6, 2016 7:07 AM
May 2015
DarklordVor said:
SovereignSky said:

The LN/WN is still ongoing. The WN is currently on arc 6 (on-hold) while the LN is on arc 3 (ongoing). The anime speculatively will end with the LN finishing the arc 3. Arc 4+ will be another news, but looking at Pre-order numbers (3k total), it's kind of "meh" compared to other airing anime like Kabaneri.

InuScotty711 said:

There is a chance it will end on the end of arc 3. The ending itself is a big cliffhanger, but fortunately, for people like me, Re:Zero already ended on that alternate ending.

The alternate ending is that "What if" chapter or something right? Guess I'll find it when anime finishes, I just never read LN despite finding the translations for some reason.
Jun 6, 2016 7:14 AM

Mar 2016
Z4k said:
I know but sometimes studios invest in a series and are part of the production committee. Whitefox were contracted to animate Re:zero by the publishers and aren't involved in the production at all which means they won't get any of the profit made from the anime.

How much influence does a author have? Does he even have any?

I don't have much knowledge about this stuff.
Jun 6, 2016 7:18 AM

Apr 2015
ColdBreeze said:

Not much. He has to give his ok for the anime adaptation to happen.
After that it depends on the author and the production. Some authors give their ok and let the studio do their thing and other are heavily involved in the production.
Jun 6, 2016 7:26 AM

Apr 2014
ColdBreeze said:
Z4k said:

Influence on what?
Jun 6, 2016 7:55 AM

Mar 2016
Z4k said:
[...]a second season or not.
Ah sorry, what I was trying to ask was - can an authors choice decide whether they should do a sequel or not? Or is it really just the committee who decides such things even if the author is involved in the project?

But @Fappa answered already. I guess it's like he said. That's what I thought though. ^^
Jun 6, 2016 8:15 AM

Apr 2015
ColdBreeze said:
Ah sorry, what I was trying to ask was - can an authors choice decide whether they should do a sequel or not? Or is it really just the committee who decides such things even if the author is involved in the project?

But @Fappa answered already. I guess it's like he said. That's what I thought though. ^^

Oh if we talk about sequel or not then the author and his editor are usually brought into the discussion when it's about the source Material.

How much source material is there? When are the next few volumes expected to release? Is there enough source material to adapt a 1 or 2 cour season? If That's the case then would there be a good starting and ending point? The author is pretty much the one who gives the information that is then brought to the table in the actual discussion.

But deciding it? No. Almost every author would pledge for yes yes yes.

It's up to the other companies in the Committee including the publisher ( Media Factory or Kadokawa as the mother company in this case ) to decide that. They're the ones investing the money after all :).
Jun 6, 2016 8:22 AM
Jul 2018
What's a "B route"?
Jun 6, 2016 8:29 AM

Mar 2016
Fappa said:
ColdBreeze said:

Oh if we talk about sequel or not then the author and his editor are usually brought into the discussion when it's about the source Material.

How much source material is there? When are the next few volumes expected to release? Is there enough source material to adapt a 1 or 2 cour season? If That's the case then would there be a good starting and ending point? The author is pretty much the one who gives the information that is then brought to the table in the actual discussion.

It's up to the other companies in the Committee including the publisher ( Media Factory or Kadokawa as the mother company in this case ) to decide that. They're the ones investing the money after all :).
You have a point there. That makes sense ofc.^^

Thanks for the clarification. Looks like we have to wait and hope. :D
Jun 6, 2016 9:25 AM

Aug 2012
ColdBreeze said:
Fappa said:

You have a point there. That makes sense ofc.^^

Thanks for the like we have to wait and hope. :D to wait and hope. :D

Or learn japanese xD
Jun 6, 2016 9:43 AM

Mar 2016
KlinsK said:
Or learn japanese xD
That's not really the problem here :D

I just want to see the next arcs animated as well because it has an different effect than reading it. ^^
Jun 6, 2016 12:17 PM

Mar 2015
Z4k said:
Those are points accumulated through pre-orders. It doesn't mean those will be the final numbers for the BD/DVDs. Looking at the estimates, Re:zero's volume 1 will probably sell 6-7k or probably a bit more if it continues to perform well.
DarklordVor said:
Kabaneri is slowly creeping up to KonoSuba's average sales while Re:Zero is probably having their budget breakeven with ~4k sales (the animation is definitely more costly than usual anime).

Better animation doesn't necessarily mean the show has a huge budget. One Punch Man had an average budget according to the chief animator of the show.

You can make a good looking anime with a small number of animators if everything is timed out properly.

I see, but Re:Zero is a very risky anime to make. They make a whole 25 episodes without break, so I think that would at least cost more than an average anime.

KlinsK said:

Ya, I already pre-ordered the first volume for the BOX set~

SovereignSky said:
DarklordVor said:

The alternate ending is that "What if" chapter or something right? Guess I'll find it when anime finishes, I just never read LN despite finding the translations for some reason.

Yes, the "what if" chapter. Pretty much a good ending~ it's also a whole volume purchase bonus for buying Re:Zero vol. 1-9 BD.

Tusilos said:
What's a "B route"?

B routes are chapters that were introduced in arc 4. They were put in between chapter 129 and 130.

Jun 6, 2016 9:27 PM

Apr 2016
How f*cking long is Arc 3?! People are saying that in the 6th volume it's still ongoing?!?!

And isn't there like 8 volumes out anyways?! That's what wikipedia says...

EDIT: Reading some other comments, I like the idea of the show ending in an alternate happy ending, but subtle hinting if a second season happens. If it does happen, then it can be retconned as a dream or alternate timeline through bullshit time travel. If it doesn't happen, then we still get a happy ending with a complete and whole story.
Lord_ThantusJun 6, 2016 9:31 PM
All hail the Almighty Funyarinpa!... Wait, what do you mean you don't know what it is?! How DARE you! SAY you're sorry!!! APOLOGIZE TO THE FUNYARINPA!
______________________________________________________________________________________
Jun 7, 2016 3:24 AM

Apr 2015
Lord_Thantus said:
How f*cking long is Arc 3?! People are saying that in the 6th volume it's still ongoing?!?!

And isn't there like 8 volumes out anyways?! That's what wikipedia says...

EDIT: Reading some other comments, I like the idea of the show ending in an alternate happy ending, but subtle hinting if a second season happens. If it does happen, then it can be retconned as a dream or alternate timeline through bullshit time travel. If it doesn't happen, then we still get a happy ending with a complete and whole story.

It's 6 volumes ( 4-9 ) and about 1 million words long.

At this point is veeeeery unlikely for an original ending to happen. Firstly it wouldn't make sense for the BD preorder bonus to be this "what if" story if they didn't follow the actual ending.

Another reason is that it's so illogical to alter the story about 15% into the story. It's like they put up a huge stop sign at the start of the story and this wouldn't benefit the future of the series at all.
Jun 7, 2016 4:20 AM

Dec 2014

Seems like the anime will definitely cover all of arc 3.

Also, part of the new cast has been revealed.

Crusch: Iguchi Yuka
Felix -Ferris- Argail: Horie Yui

---and rumours say:
Anastasia: Ueda Kana
Priscilla: Tamura Yukari
Julius: Eguchi Takuya (8man...)
Al: Fujiwara Keiji

Nothing known about Wilhelm or Betelgeuse yet.
The cast looks ridiculous af..
Jun 7, 2016 4:32 AM

Mar 2016
Looks really promising. Can't wait to hear the voice of Priscilla and Crusch.

Curious about Ferris though lol
Jun 7, 2016 4:44 AM

May 2016
Ferris is going to be my new fav character I can feel it. Hehe
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Jun 7, 2016 5:09 AM

Apr 2015
Hell yes!

I'm totally satisfied with Crusche's VA. She has a wide range as she even voiced male characters. She is perfect to bring that detemined and fierceful outside as well as the feminine inside across. Glad my favorite female character gets a fitting voice.

Ferris is definitely "interesting" LOL

If these speculations are true then they got themselves one hell of a cast.
FappaJun 7, 2016 5:19 AM
Pages (93) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Anyone Else Caught Off Gaurd By This Show?

The_p1kachu - Oct 16

16 by Eliteguard99 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Beatrice kinda hot ( 1 2 3 4 )

sti-v-boi - Oct 8

172 by Danirl23476 »»
Yesterday, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

2087 by The_p1kachu »»
Oct 16, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

730 by AugustoFKL »»
Oct 15, 7:29 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

253 by AkaiSanji »»
Oct 14, 11:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.