Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 9, 2009 9:34 AM

Nov 2006
Saw Star Trek last the day it came out. I thought it was amazing! The special effects, plot, characters...everything was great. Non-stop action pretty much. There was a small amount of romance, but just enough to make girls go "awww" but yet guys can put up with. Lol There was also a good amount of humor in it so it's action packed, funny, and romantic all at the same time. Plus, Leonard Nimoy has a pretty decent sized role in it so that makes it fantastic in itself.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2009 2:36 PM

Jul 2008
Last watched:
Resident Evil Apocolypse.

I'm a major fan of zombie movies and the Resident Evil series of games and movies, but why was i so god damn annoyed with this film? I liked it.. which may seem like i'm now contradicting myself, but i was so dissapointed in it. It was average. It wasn't aweful.. yet it wasn't spectacular. I've seen this film a few times now in the hope that it would become exciting.. It fails every time.

I need to cleanse my thoughts now with 28 days later.
♥ DON'T LISTEN TO KYUBEY! ♥
May 9, 2009 3:45 PM

Mar 2008
This is what I have seen over the last week.

NANA: It was pretty good, what I saw of the anime was much more emotional at parts, but for a summary of part of the story, it was pretty good. Looking forward to watching NANA 2. 4/5.

Wolverine: It was okay, it was quite good in the first 30 mins or so, then it started to fall flat, especially the ending. Though I heard of the the special endings they made up for it a little bit though. It was enjoyable, but I thought it would be better. 3/5.

Star Trek: I don't really know anything about the original Star Trek series, but this was really good. I enjoyed watching it. I though the acting was good, the special effects were great. I was entertained the whole time. I would watch this again and would recommend it to people. 4/5.

Dick Tracy: It was good, nothing great. I woudn't recommend it to anyone, but I'm not mad I watched it. 3/5.
May 9, 2009 5:30 PM

Jul 2008
Just finished the Deer Hunter ... wow. Anyone who thinks that Apocalypse Now is the best Vietnam movie out there, hasn't seen this. Fantastic, it definately deserved winning the Academy Award for Best Picture. It is one of the most moving movies out there, and certainly one of the top ten best war movies ever made. It gets a 5 out of 5.
May 10, 2009 8:05 AM

Apr 2008
Saw The Commitments yesterday, a fun little Irish film by Alan Parker. Great performances all around with some of the best musical sequences I've seen in any movie. And the music, my God it was great. It's also got a lot of comedy in it, which nevers goes for stupid jokes. They don't make movies like this anymore, check it.

Alucard and Seras

May 10, 2009 11:21 PM
Sep 2007
Just saw Star Trek, and lots of people said it was good, but I didn't like it. Maybe it's just because this is the first time I touched anything related to Star Trek. Special effects were great and at times I just stared in amazement in how epic it was. But it also had stuff like illogical character reactions, like Kirk as a child screaming when he jumped out of a car, driving it off a cliff, for no reason. Or jumping after that one Asian guy when he fell of that platform thing. Or those Vulcan elders or whatever staying in the temple, not noticint the earthquakes or crumbling walls. There were also moment of deus ex machina, like Kirk being attacked by a creature. Then being saved by another creature. Which then hunted him and another character saved him from that.
Oh yeah, and saw A Dog Day Afternoon, was a great movie.
May 11, 2009 10:58 AM

Mar 2008
I watched Dead Snow to day it was great. it had Nazi Zombies you can't beat that.
Stay thirsty, my friends.
May 11, 2009 1:22 PM

Oct 2008
I agree, Deer Hunter is one of my favorite films, but I have to say your comment really summed it up to its core
FALLEN101 said:
It is one of the most moving movies out there.
Lol

Recently, ingested twelve monkeys, best Terry Gilliam film I've seen yet (as I enjoyed the Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas book more than the film, I'm gonna have to mark it down lol), Bruce Willis was a decent enough crazy guy (although no catch phrases this time around) and Brad Pitt plays with a little too much sanity (in a completely insane world). And I don't know who that alien guy with pink bunny slippers was, but he was good too.
May 11, 2009 2:13 PM

Jul 2008
Zatōichi (2003)
I liked it. Good action. Liked the blood effects. Entertaining story. That dance sequence at the end was a bit weird, but still amazing. I need to check out more Kitano stuff now.
May 12, 2009 9:31 PM

Mar 2008
Sunset Boulevard:
This is a summary of it from IMDb: A hack screenwriter writes a screenplay for a former silent-film star who has faded into Hollywood obscurity.

It was quite good. I don't really want to give anything away, so I don't want to say too much, but the acting is good and I liked the story. 4/5.

Ghosts of Girlfriends Past: It was okay, the ending was very cheesy and unbelievable. Matthew McConaughey is pretty much the same as he is in every film. The only reason I went and saw this was because my mom wanted to see it on Mom's Day. It isn't a very good romantic comedy. 2.5/5.
May 13, 2009 2:59 PM

Oct 2008
^ Lol I saw the poster for that when I was running the other day, I got the stitch. That McConaughey guy is pretty much a sex-mannequin for house-wives imaginations while doing the laundry naked.

And Zatoichi (2003) is grand, the dance sequence is strange, awesome, and essential to the film. Watch it if you haven't
May 18, 2009 6:15 PM

Apr 2008
Narc, one of the best modern crime dramas. Liotta and Patric give their best performances here. And the direction is gritty which perfectly reflects the story. I love this film, check it out.

Alucard and Seras

May 19, 2009 1:20 PM

Apr 2008
Indian Runner is my favorite film Sean Penn has directed. The entire cast is great, but of course it's all about the leads, Morse and Viggo. It surprises me that the former didn't become a leading man after this film, instead of languishing in character actor crud. And Viggo is always great, his work here is every bit as great as his work with Cronenberg. He perfectly embodies the spirit of a restless man. Great stuff, check it out.

Alucard and Seras

May 19, 2009 4:30 PM

Nov 2006
Just saw Angels & Demons the other day. They did a brilliant job with it! There were only 2 things that I saw they did differently from the book but it wasn't anything major that ruined the plot line or anything like that. The actors did a fantastic job and just the whole setting was beautiful. Music was incredible and very intense. I didn't like Tom Hanks in The DaVinci Code, but he really did do a good job with this one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2009 7:07 PM

Jan 2008
Angels and Demons for me to. I was so scared.. didn't actually watch the DaVinci Code, but the commercials looked pretty bad. As for this, I think they did an awesome job. The soundtrack was great, and even though they changed a few things from the book, overall, I loved it!
May 22, 2009 11:08 AM

Apr 2008
The Untouchables,
Great movie, great performances, especially from Connery & Costner, Deniro as well.

Once upon a Time in America
A long movie but really good nevertheless, great plot, I loved how they portrayed the characters from early childhood to adulthood, kept me interested & it had one of the most amazing soundtracks ever!!
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
May 24, 2009 4:24 PM

Mar 2008
High Noon: It is an older western, but it didn't feel like a western until the last 20 mins or so. It has a good story and the acting it good. Grace Kelly is in it and she was actually really pretty. 7/10.

Frankenstein and the Bride of Frankenstein: They were both good. They didn't feel like horror movies though. The might because they are from the 30s. 7/10 for both.

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes: I really liked it. It is a musical with Marilyn Monroe and Jane Russell from the 50s, so it might be a little dated for some. The songs are good and I liked the story. It was cute. 8/10.
May 25, 2009 11:45 AM

Sep 2008
Finally went to go see Star Trek, and I must say I was wrong for doubting its awesomeness. I can honestly say I loved every moment of it. I'm a bit sad that it wasn't in Imax where I live, but I might go see it again! 9/10
May 25, 2009 1:31 PM

Apr 2008
Saw a great war film called The Hurt Locker. Probably the best film out there about the Iraq War, haven't really seen the others so I can't judge. The performances were great and some of the scenes were really intense. What I really liked about this film was that it wasn't pushing an agenda. It was just depicting these soldiers and the terrifying job they do. How it affects them physically and psychologically. When this film comes to town check it out.

Alucard and Seras

May 28, 2009 9:03 AM

Apr 2008
Don't know how I feel about The Prophecy. The story was interesting but could have been executed way better.Christopher Walken was just foolish, but Elias Koteas was solid and Viggo Mortensen as Lucifer was one of his best performances too bad he didn't have more screen time. I guess I'd say check it out.

Alucard and Seras

May 28, 2009 1:32 PM

Oct 2008
Watched Wall-E, Ratatouille, The Incredibles and Horton Hears a Who recently (Pixar spree), and they're placed value-wise in a respective order.
Wall-E was great; the first half being almost perfect, I don't know if the addition of large amounts of large people brought it down because they weren't beautiful or because they were people, but they second half just didn't seem as amazing. I guess it had a lot to live up to, that being my own personal interpretation allowed to flourish with the lack of dialogue. All in all one of the top five films from last year (that I've seen), I'll admit I cheered and laughed throughout.
Ratatouille was the opposite with the beginning lacking that spark, but it ended with a heart-warming feeling...but I still found myself laying rat poison last night to get rid of those little bastards, I think it's because I've never found delicious ratatouille left out for me at night, just rat shit the next morning.
Milk-plus__May 28, 2009 1:36 PM
May 30, 2009 7:09 PM

Mar 2008
To Have and Have Not: Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall do a very good job in this. The script is good and so is the acting. 4/5.

A Face in the Crowd: It was very good. The acting is good and the story is as well. I thought the rise and fall of the character was portrayed well. 4/5.
May 31, 2009 12:38 PM

Apr 2008
The Body Snatcher, great old film with a really creepy story. Boris Karloff was scary as hell in this film. Check it out.

Drag Me To Hell, Sam Raimi is back. Evil Dead fans rejoice, this movie is will make you sick with all its quick camera movements and gross gooey slime pouring in and out of mouths. My Lord, Raimi needs to make more films like this. Damn good fun, check it out.

Alucard and Seras

May 31, 2009 6:45 PM

Mar 2008
I seen Drag Me To Hell man it was hilarious it was more like a comedy then a horror movie I loved it. I am with Joker he needs to make more movies like this.
Jun 6, 2009 6:46 AM
Jul 2018
Last DVD: Doomsday
Not bad, but not good either. I expected better.

Last movie in theatres: Underworld:Rise of the Lycans
Better than the other two Underworlds and I loved it!
Jun 6, 2009 6:55 AM

Apr 2008
The Hangover is the funniest movie I've seen in a long time. Not only that, it was the best movie going experience I've had since The Dark Knight. Gross out humor and nudity galore, but not too much that you become numb to the whole experience. The characters were the best part and were always believable even when the story was not. Check it out.
1eyedjokerJun 6, 2009 6:58 AM

Alucard and Seras

Jun 10, 2009 8:28 PM
Sep 2007
I never posted here in a while, so I thought I might as well. Good films I saw over the last month was Pickpocket, The 400 Blows, Aguirre: The Wrath of God, American Beauty, The Seventh Seal, Wild Strawberries, Goodbye Mr. Chips and Night on Earth.

i only saw a few bad films recently, like, Kara no Kyoukai 4 and 5, Barefoot Gen, Angels and Demons, Land of the Lost, Idiocracy, and Dark City (which was decent, but fell far below my expectations).
Jun 13, 2009 10:27 PM

Mar 2008
Land of the Lost: It was okay, not Ferrell's best work. There were a few funny parts, I wouldn't rewatch it though and recommend if people do want to watch it, wait for it to come out on DVD. 2.8/5.

Step Brothers: It was pretty funny. Not that many laugh out loud moments, but funny none the less. 4/5.

Up: I loved this movie. It made me laugh, it made me cry, it was just a good film. I love all Pixar movies though. 4.8/5.

Ghost World: It was okay. The girl pretty much messed up everybodies lifes, including her own. I really didn't feel bad for her. 2.7/5.

Rear Window: It has almost exact same plot as Disturbia, which mean Disturbia took its plot from this film. It was good though, James Stewart and Gracy Kelly were very good in it and the story was good. 4/5.
Jun 19, 2009 1:54 PM

Oct 2008
That Star Trek movie...
Was great, it was a surprise winner. Sometimes the action was a little hard to follow, but the story had some quality, and incredulity. I didn't really expect it to be any good, but it could have been the mixture of Mongolian lamb and Lysergic acid diethylamide I'd had earlier that spiced it up. Who knows, all I know is that the greatest love line in any movie I've seen to date is "I'll be monitoring your frequency"
Jun 20, 2009 8:46 AM

Apr 2008
The King of Comedy had a slow start, but once it got going there was no stopping this film. Jerry lewis and Robert DeNiro gave some of their best performances, especially the former. Lewis should have done more dramtic work, cause he's great here. The story of celebrity obsession seems ever more important these days, and Scorsese captures it perfectly with Lewis' fear towards his fans. Check it out, as fast as you can.

Alucard and Seras

Jun 21, 2009 2:57 PM

Oct 2008
Killer Klowns From Outer Space. I think the name says it all. I'll give it a good 3.5/5
(minus 1.5 if you don't like B-movies)
Jun 22, 2009 6:44 AM

Aug 2008
Angels & Demons: Better than The DaVinci Code, but still pretty lame. Tom Hanks' mechanical performance as Robert Langdon doesn't help. The books are good, though.

Star Trek: I wasn't expecting too much, but I ended up having a great time watching it. Awesome movie for the action/fantasy/sci-fi fans.

The Bucket List: People told me it was good, I felt a bit disappointed. Anyway, Jack Nicholson was hilarious as usual so it was worth it.
Jun 22, 2009 1:56 PM

Apr 2008
Will Smith gives his best performance in The Pursuit of Happyness. That's all you really need to know. Check it out.

Taking of Pelham 123 has a good cast, but not all of them do good work in this movie. Travolta was way over the top as the villain and a lot of his lines, notably the ones that required him to swear, felt forced. D.Wash was nothing special. Gandolfini was very enjoyable as the mayor of NY, he was the only thing I liked about this movie. Tony Scott again went overboard with his camerawork and editing, it's no longer cool just annoying. It's a poor way to try and make a poor film interesting. Skip it, watch the original.

Alucard and Seras

Jun 24, 2009 1:43 PM

Nov 2006
Saw The Hangover the other night. I didn't think I'd like it, but in all honesty, it was pretty damn good. Some of the language was a bit too crude for my taste, but overall it was a hilarious movie. I loved the actors!!! They were brilliant!!!
Jun 24, 2009 9:44 PM

Nov 2006
Just got back from seeing Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. I thought it was f*cking amazing!!! Non-stop action from start to end. It's indescribable. The first one was awesome, but this one beat it. I can't even begin to describe how much it rocked. Acting was fantastic, music was mind-blowing, plot was pretty damn good, and the non-stop action kicked ass...
Jun 24, 2009 11:21 PM

Mar 2008
The Proposal: I really liked it, it was really funny and cute! Ryan Reynolds was great in it! 4/5.

Transformers- Revenge of the Fallen: It was good, not amazing, but good. I felt every minute of it though. 3.5/5.
Jun 25, 2009 1:34 PM

Mar 2008
Batmanfreak said:

Transformers- Revenge of the Fallen: It was good, not amazing, but good. I felt every minute of it though. 3.5/5.

I agree with this the acting was not the greatest but a good movie.
Jun 25, 2009 2:05 PM

Jul 2008
Saw Away We Go, and oh my God I loved it. Think what Little Miss Sunshine did to family comedies, that's what Away We Go does to romance movies. It's absolutely amazing and quite funny and heartfelt at the same time. The actors aren't the prettiest people in the world like romance movies usually have, and it's a nice change of pace, more true to life in any case. I'm usually not a big fan of chick flicks or romance movies in general but I have to say that this one was splendid, there should be more like it.

It get's about an 8 out of 10.
Jun 25, 2009 2:10 PM

Jul 2008
Milk-plus__ said:
Killer Klowns From Outer Space. I think the name says it all. I'll give it a good 3.5/5
(minus 1.5 if you don't like B-movies)

You actually saw that movie!? I was amazed by it, personally I think that more horror movies should be like it and not take themselves seriously. I swear, the movies like Saw and Hostel aren't real horror at all, they're just torture flicks that take themselves waaaaaay too seriously. Horror needs to lighten up and be more like Re-Animator and Brain Dead.

I'm not saying it has to be funny but I'm getting sick of the shit they're passing for horror nowadays. Little girls and videotapes aren't creepy, they should accept that. Neither are talking puppets or strange phone calls. Now give me a horror movie with a little girl being beaten to death by a telephone or strangled by puppet string while watching a videotape and I'll watch it.
Jun 29, 2009 8:19 PM

Oct 2008
Hear hear to that Fallen, they need more of the Klowns turning people into candyfloss and sucking out their fluids, and less of Jigsaw making a game of find the cell phone in a corpse. Films like Saw, Hostel and The Devils Rejects just take the fun out of film
Jul 6, 2009 10:38 AM

Mar 2008
Kelly's heroes it was a great movie if you are a fan of Clint Eastwood you should watch it 9/10
Jul 10, 2009 4:56 AM

Nov 2006
Behind Enemy Lines. I LOVE this movie. Not really a big fan of Owen Wilson, but this movie is amazing and I think he does a great job in it. If you're into action/war/guns blazing movies and you haven't seen this one yet...see it.
Jul 11, 2009 1:29 PM
Jul 2018
Oh yeah! That's one of my favorites. That one surprised me.
Jul 13, 2009 2:34 PM

Apr 2008
Away We Go is such a sweet and funny little film. I enjoyed it so much. Mendes best since Road to Perdition. The two leads work perfectly in comedic and dramatic scenes and have great chemistry. Check it out.

Bruno, if you loved Borat you'll love this. Check it out.

Alucard and Seras

Jul 13, 2009 7:30 PM

Mar 2008
The Hangover: It was actually really funny. I enjoyed it quite a bit. 4.3/5.

Arsenic and Old Lace: This is my second time watching this. It was still great! It is really funny! Cary Grant is great in it! The whole cast in general was good in it. 5/5.

Some Like It Hot: This is a rewatch. It was still really funny. The whole cast was good. 4.5/5.

American History X: It was better and less violent than I though it was going to be. I thought there was going to be lots of blood, but there wasn't. It was good though. It didn't end happily though, it actually ended sadly. 4/5.
Jul 14, 2009 1:20 PM

Jul 2007
I've seen a lot of movies lately.

The last I saw was Public Enemies which was a little disappointing. It didn't meet my expectations for it. While it was based on true events and people who really existed that didn't mean they had to play it so objectively. It wasn't very ambitious and while being an overly ambitious film can sometimes be a downfall, playing it so straightforwardly can result in it being lackluster. The performances overall were very good as expected but it was hard to really become emotionally connected to any of the characters. Some of the elements of the story seemed interesting but weren't expanded upon enough to seem important. Deaths of many characters were easy to be indifferent to because they never tried to make us care about them. There were a few scenes that were really well done and as a whole, it was a fair movie. My main problem with it is that there was a lot of spots that could have been omitted and others expanded upon that would ultimately save the movie. It wasn't by any means bad, but it wasn't fantastic either. From this, it probably sounds like I only have complaints about it, but I guess that's expected since it was one I was really anticipating. However, there were things about the film that were good. For one, the action is great, I'm not a huge fan of action in films, but it was very exciting. The characters are interesting, but you don't get to know much about them. The story is mostly well told and easy to follow.

6/10
BigBagODicksJul 18, 2009 12:31 PM
Jul 15, 2009 4:08 PM

Apr 2008
Yeah, Public Enemies I found average at best.

Alucard and Seras

Jul 16, 2009 5:03 PM

Mar 2008
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince: I didn't enjoy it. I felt like I wasted 2 and half hours of my life. I really regret see this on my birthday when I could have been doing something much more enjoyable. It was just boring and a bit confusing. 2.5/5.
Jul 17, 2009 8:42 AM

Sep 2008
Harry Potter 6: Maybe I enjoyed this a lot more because I hadn't read the corresponding book in like 4 years. My only complaint is that Snape should have had a much larger role. 8/10

Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas: Not good, not particularly bad, just disappointing. Lovely animation, if a bit CGI heavy, a nice setting, good voice actors, all ruined by a mediocre story and lack of character development. One of the better Dreamworks movies, to be sure, but not quite memorable. 6/10

A Better Tomorrow: I hate Kit. Other than that, this movie was cool. 7/10

A Better Tomorrow 2: Kit grew some balls, so he's halfway decent now. Chow Yun-Fat remains awesome (although the "twin brother" thing was utter bullshit), and gets 2x as much screen time, so I'm happy. 8/10
Jul 17, 2009 2:24 PM

Mar 2008
I seen the harry potter movie its wasn't bad it was long but i liked it. 7/10
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Favorite Romance/Romance-esque Movies

FALLEN101 - Feb 23, 2010

5 by Ni_Go_Zero_Ichi »»
Jul 4, 2012 1:17 AM

» Favorite Flicks

1eyedjoker - Dec 28, 2008

22 by Ni_Go_Zero_Ichi »»
Jul 4, 2012 1:06 AM

» Least favorite movies.

removed-user - Jun 17, 2009

21 by YoungVagabond »»
Jan 10, 2011 11:27 PM

» What's your 'plan to watch' list?

Milk-plus__ - Jan 26, 2009

13 by sunup »»
Jan 10, 2011 3:35 PM

» New Trailer Thread ( 1 2 )

1eyedjoker - Apr 3, 2009

78 by FALLEN101 »»
Feb 27, 2010 1:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.