Forum Settings
Forums

Ask For Help About Anything *inspired by fellow noobs*

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 11, 2015 12:44 AM

Dec 2014
Japan has four television seasons: Winter (January–March), Spring (April–June), Summer (July–September), and Autumn or Fall (October–December). Some series may start in another month though it may still be counted as a series of a specific season.
So while the seasons themselves have a fixed start and end, the shows themselves can sometimes start in the middle month of a season and thus spill over into multiple seasons (given that it's a 13 episode/1 cour show), but it is still considered part of the season that it started airing. There's obvious advantages to always starting at the beginning of a season, the main one being that shows lasting 12 or 13 episodes can continue to fill a time-slot throughout the calendar year without having breaks
Apr 11, 2015 12:49 AM

Mar 2015
That was a very elaborate and useful answer...
Just realized my answer in the AMA is completely wrong..

*runs to fix mistakes*

*trips* *continues running*
Apr 11, 2015 1:57 AM

Mar 2015
Are there any manga that are significantly better than the anime. Vice-versa: anime that is way better than the manga.
Apr 11, 2015 2:04 AM

Mar 2015
Manga better than anime: Nisekoi (But ch 162 is unforgivable)
Anime better than Manga: Death Note (Anime ending is significantly better)
Apr 11, 2015 2:12 AM

Mar 2015
URGENTS!:

Who is the pink haired girl on our Noob Club about thingy?

The one above Haruhi
Apr 11, 2015 3:13 PM

Jan 2014
mANTAkun98 said:
URGENTS!:

The one above Haruhi

http://myanimelist.net/character/37832/Madoka_Kaname

Also, for ID questions, try reverse image search. Just copy the picture (or take a screenshot if it's part of a larger one), go to google images, click the camera icon, and paste. This is also helpful for when people post manga pages and you want to know what series it's from.
Apr 11, 2015 3:22 PM
May 2014
Matoro_Mahri said:
mANTAkun98 said:
URGENTS!:

The one above Haruhi

Also, for ID questions, try reverse image search. Just copy the picture (or take a screenshot if it's part of a larger one), go to google images, click the camera icon, and paste. This is also helpful for when people post manga pages and you want to know what series it's from.

Isn't she from No Game No Life(Stephanie Dora).
Apr 12, 2015 7:50 PM

Jan 2014
-GameFreak- said:
Matoro_Mahri said:

No this is http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?action=view&t=pic&id=62857&pid=299321 Stephanie Dora.

The one from the large image is Madoka, although you can tell it is fanart since the style is not consistent.
Apr 12, 2015 10:31 PM

Feb 2015
Matoro_Mahri said:
-GameFreak- said:

No this is http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?action=view&t=pic&id=62857&pid=299321 Stephanie Dora.

The one from the large image is Madoka, although you can tell it is fanart since the style is not consistent.

YesIWantPeanut's style looks way cuter tho, if I must say.
Apr 14, 2015 6:55 PM

Jan 2015
I has a question ~(^o.o^)/ When I go to enter tags on my anime list, with a good many of the contractions, a "/" pops up right before the apostrophe. At first, I figured I had simply mistyped but even when I fix it and I go to check my list later, the slash comes back >.< Can anyone else see it or is it just a kind of glitch? It doesn't happen with all of them, but it bothers me that it's happening...
Apr 14, 2015 11:12 PM

Apr 2015
so is MAL is chill place or nah
Apr 15, 2015 3:21 AM

Mar 2015
KryptonIII said:
I has a question ~(^o.o^)/ When I go to enter tags on my anime list, with a good many of the contractions, a "/" pops up right before the apostrophe. At first, I figured I had simply mistyped but even when I fix it and I go to check my list later, the slash comes back >.< Can anyone else see it or is it just a kind of glitch? It doesn't happen with all of them, but it bothers me that it's happening...

Ditto for me.
Although I think I had a problem like that once (I can't really remember)

specialkhang said:

Not sure about the entire MAL, but the Noob Club certainly is. ^_^
Apr 15, 2015 8:42 AM

Apr 2015

Ok that's cool I guess
Apr 15, 2015 9:45 PM

Jan 2014
KryptonIII said:

Well I know there are some banned characters...took me like 40 minutes to figure out I couldn't use "&" in a tag lol

Try going through the edit menu and typing it in the tags box. If you still can't then it might be a banned character.
Apr 16, 2015 3:56 AM

Mar 2015
Matoro_Mahri said:
KryptonIII said:

Well I know there are some banned characters...took me like 40 minutes to figure out I couldn't use "&" in a tag lol

Try going through the edit menu and typing it in the tags box. If you still can't then it might be a banned character.

I think what he meant was there was a wild '/' that appears on the tags box, not that he couldn't put the '/'.
Apr 16, 2015 2:47 PM

Jan 2015
well I wasn't sure exactly how to classify an anime season either, until like literally a day or two ago, I am unsure if it was here or not, or if your question is already answered, but apparently, winter is January to March, Spring is April to June, Summer is July to September, and Fall (or Autumn, whatever you wanna call it) is October to December, these are the anime seasons
Apr 16, 2015 3:31 PM

Apr 2014
non_fretting said:

meh its okay
---------My Profile------------
Apr 16, 2015 6:46 PM

Feb 2015
I'm posting here because, war.
Apr 16, 2015 6:51 PM

Apr 2014
Im glad this thread could help you in any way possible Squalor:)
Apr 16, 2015 9:18 PM

Mar 2015
Just a question what does my signature look like at the moment?
Apr 16, 2015 10:00 PM

Jan 2015
<<< looks like this,
hold on a minute...

yup just what I thought, get rid of the "?" mark
ShironMaoKyoshroApr 16, 2015 10:15 PM
Apr 16, 2015 10:21 PM

Mar 2015
Awesome! Thank you so much!
Apr 16, 2015 10:34 PM
Apr 17, 2015 6:51 AM

Mar 2015
Holy crap, my next post would my 100th forum posts! (better say something cool)
Apr 17, 2015 6:51 AM

Mar 2015
Apr 17, 2015 4:52 PM

Jan 2014
Snake2229 said:
well I wasn't sure exactly how to classify an anime season either, until like literally a day or two ago, I am unsure if it was here or not, or if your question is already answered, but apparently, winter is January to March, Spring is April to June, Summer is July to September, and Fall (or Autumn, whatever you wanna call it) is October to December, these are the anime seasons

I don't think that's quite right. If you go look at the charts most people will say Spring is March-May, Summer is June-August, Fall is September-November, and Winter of the next year is December-February. Taiga classifies it like that and so does MAL Updater (although the year for Winter seasons is wrong...), plus AniChart, LiveChart, etc.
Apr 17, 2015 5:09 PM

Jan 2015
Matoro_Mahri said:
Snake2229 said:

I don't think that's quite right. If you go look at the charts most people will say Spring is March-May, Summer is June-August, Fall is September-November, and Winter of the next year is December-February. Taiga classifies it like that and so does MAL Updater (although the year for Winter seasons is wrong...), plus AniChart, LiveChart, etc.

meh, I just wrote what I saw
Apr 20, 2015 5:57 PM

Jan 2015
I think what he meant was there was a wild '/' that appears on the tags box, not that he couldn't put the '/'.

^ Yes that is what I meant, and I be a female :p xD it lets me edit the tags but once I refresh the page or come back to it later, the "/" are back >.<
Apr 20, 2015 10:43 PM

Jan 2015
here's an example of what my signature looks on the inside, in case there are still people who don't know much about BBcode, I posted this on the comments, but I thought it would be a good idea to use this as an example, for anyone who needs help with the signature... here it goes...

^Kobato---Noob Club---~Monia Cafe~---My Avatar

What it looks like on the outside...

[*url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Snake2229&sclick=1][*IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/313qipj.gif[*/IMG][*/url]
[*url=http://myanimelist.net/anime/5678/Kobato][*color=green][*size=80]^Kobato[*/size][*/color][*/url][*size=80][*color=green]---[*/color][*/size][*url=http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=62857][*color=green][*size=80]Noob Club[*/size][*/color][*/url][*color=green][*size=80]---[*/size][*/color][*url=http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=22714][*color=green][*size=80]~Monia Cafe~[*/size][*/color][*/url][*color=green][*size=80]---[*/size][*/color][*url=http://myanimelist.net/character/9819/Weed][*color=green][*size=80]My Avatar[*/size][*/color][*/url]

to what it looks like on the inside (minus the *s)
Apr 22, 2015 10:24 AM

Jan 2015
How does one become an Otaku?

Not planning on becoming one im just curious.
Apr 22, 2015 2:41 PM

Apr 2014
Devote your life and have infinite knowledge of the anime and manga world. And you better throw in knowing all sorts of obscure facts about the Japanese culture.
Apr 22, 2015 2:46 PM

Dec 2014
^don't forget the massive amounts of figurines on a bookshelf.
and some full body pillows
"The real nightmare continues in reality." - Carach Angren
"If I turn into 9 giant tentacles would you still love me?" -John H.
Apr 23, 2015 12:37 PM

Dec 2014
Okay I give up
So backstory I have no internet/cable at home and my phone cant do internet what so ever. I watch anime over the weekend from what I downloaded at work.
At my job I use their Wi-Fi (#1 worker yes) to download anime using an app on my ipod touch and some websites like youtube and kissanime dont work because of copyrights and such. Problem is that the anime I want to keep watching is really old (1970-71) and some websites don't even have it.
Animehere was working just fine until I hit ep 37 and some **** ad interrupts loading the page all the time and now I gotta buy a new pen for work. (lol jk...maybe)

So anyone knows of other mobile friendly or even any website that contains Ashita no Joe with subs? Thanks!
Apr 23, 2015 12:58 PM

Jan 2015
I did some searching and i came across this site. It has subs and it worked on my phone i dont know if it will work for you but you can give it a try .
(http://www.gogoanime.com/category/ashita-no-joe)
Apr 23, 2015 1:59 PM

Dec 2014
Thank you for your time Sukey...but it loaded then said corrupted ;-;

Will Zoul ever be able to finish Ashita no Joe?
Why doesn't he just skip one episode?
Did the Joker find out Batman's secret identity?
Tune in folks, same Bat-time, same Bat-channel
lol
work is so slow I'd could of downloaded all the episodes today *sigh*
Apr 25, 2015 4:06 AM

Mar 2015
Hope this works for ya.

The website is really ugly, but its pretty reliable if I must say.
Apr 25, 2015 4:10 PM

Nov 2011
I generally only use it as a last resort, but I'm 95% sure they have it here, Zoul.

Technically you need to register to watch/download eps, but it's not exactly hard to find spoof logins if you know where to look and can't be bothered.
TripleSRankApr 27, 2015 6:44 PM
Apr 26, 2015 3:08 AM

Feb 2015
YesItsMants said:
Hope this works for ya.

I second Chia-anime as well.

You could download vids more efficiently, and free of cost in the same site.

Probably is, the interface is horrible
Apr 27, 2015 10:34 AM

Dec 2014
WithLoveNSqualor said:
YesItsMants said:
Hope this works for ya.

I second Chia-anime as well.

You could download vids more efficiently, and free of cost in the same site.

Probably is, the interface is horrible

Thanks it works, but the last episode of ashita no joe they currently have is 35..
I'm on 36 ;___;
However...TripleSRank that website worked and its subbed up to ep 71! :DDDDD
Thank you! and everyone as well!!!
Now time to downloa- I mean get to work...
Apr 27, 2015 6:47 PM

Nov 2011
Glad to help. I replaced the original link with a joke one; if anyone else needs it you can just ask here or in PM.

If anyone needs better sources, feel free to ask. Most newbs use stuff like kissanime or other generic sites because they're easy to find/use, but there's other better sites if you know where to look. Kissanime's catalog isn't as extensive as some places, and their filesizes are atrocious- not to mention they try to enforce making money off you with ad content by attempting to block adblockers.
TripleSRankApr 27, 2015 6:51 PM
May 3, 2015 7:55 PM

Apr 2014
Does anyone buy stuff online? Like I would image sites like amazon are secure with card numbers and stuff.. Whats the deal with paypal? Just seeing if anyone has knowledge on this subject, as I have never done it before.
May 3, 2015 8:16 PM

Jan 2015
Well I have no idea, I guess this was a usless reply then, xD
May 5, 2015 9:12 AM

Dec 2014
Paypal is pretty secure as it asks to connect with you bank account in order so that any money you make like in Ebay go straight to you bank account or hold it in paypal in case you decide to buy and don't want to have the website you purchase from keep a record of your numbers as Amazon and Ebay are mainly individual shops/sellers. I used to buy and sell on ebay and amazon couple years back and there was never an issue with paypal.
Jun 2, 2015 9:36 PM

Jan 2015
What are some good sites to use to read manga on??? mangatank looked good (recommended by a friend) but that site appears to have been taken down or something, and I haven't talked to this friend in awhile to ask what sites he uses now
Jun 6, 2015 8:15 PM

Apr 2014
If someone would to ask me this question about reading manga what would I say. The site I go to is alright, the don't always have everything im looking for but its still good.
Jun 7, 2015 2:07 AM

Mar 2015
Snake2229 said:
What are some good sites to use to read manga on??? mangatank looked good (recommended by a friend) but that site appears to have been taken down or something, and I haven't talked to this friend in awhile to ask what sites he uses now

Isn't Mangafox the best(or atleast most popular) Manga site?

Everything on it seems to be updated, as long as it actually gets translated.
Jun 7, 2015 4:42 PM

Jan 2015
thanks guys, I feel like I've tried kissmanga before, and I couldn't find the ginga series, or at least the ginga series up to date, I am not sure if I have heard of Mangafox before, ill check on both of them next time I feel like reading manga
Jun 13, 2015 12:14 AM

Mar 2015
Crap crap crap crap.

Ok, so I need serious help here... Ugh... Okay, here we go

I'm suffering from a rare disease called,
Ihaventbeenwatchinganimethatefficientlyoratallrecently-sitis.

I still find anime awesome and everything, its just I haven't been interested in watching it anymore recently.

I am still a noob, so I can't possibly be out of it right? ...right?
Jun 15, 2015 8:04 PM

Apr 2014
Try to switch up you genre's. try something different. maybe try to read a manga. I go through phases where a take some days off.
Jun 23, 2015 9:55 PM

Jan 2015
YesItsMants said:
Crap crap crap crap.

Ok, so I need serious help here... Ugh... Okay, here we go

I'm suffering from a rare disease called,
Ihaventbeenwatchinganimethatefficientlyoratallrecently-sitis.

I still find anime awesome and everything, its just I haven't been interested in watching it anymore recently.

I am still a noob, so I can't possibly be out of it right? ...right?

thats when you try all the things on MY anime list, whether it's childish or not, xD idk, but take a look anyway ;)
OR
what wings said switch up ur genres (again check out my list ;)) )
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Anime Recommendation

tough_bug - May 10, 2019

1 by aubizjehuty »»
Oct 1, 2021 5:04 PM

Sticky: » Noob Club Introductions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tiekiller - Jul 18, 2014

634 by aubizjehuty »»
Sep 24, 2021 9:44 PM

» ^Say something about/to the person above you^ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShironMaoKyoshro - Sep 26, 2015

1080 by neXi0r »»
Feb 16, 2018 4:03 PM

» Discord

PapaCow - Jul 30, 2017

0 by PapaCow »»
Jul 30, 2017 9:16 PM

» This or That ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Wings - Nov 6, 2014

1626 by UpperCat »»
Jul 23, 2017 4:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.