Forum Settings
Forums

Game v25 - Hunter x Hunter (THE END! Sasayamei and Ants Wins!)

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (192) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Feb 9, 2015 2:13 PM

Aug 2013
SodaWithYoda said:
LucianRoy said:

Yeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhh, I won't say why that's a bad strategy, but that's a bad strategy.

Its your opinion, that is just how i like to play, But i haven't played with more than 20 people.

Well, I won't prove why day one lynching is the best action town can take with all the statistics they have on mafiascum, but just to let you know, those exist.
"If you look for a ghost, you'll find one."
Feb 9, 2015 2:14 PM

Jul 2014
My play style as a townie always ends up being the clutch player,
I always live until the end because I don't do anything for the whole game then I compile all the info through the whole game and then I lynch accordingly,
I know this is a stupid strat but i like it the most
Sep 2014
LucianRoy said:
Screw it, triju's offline now.

Unvote: trijugate.

I love you too Luci <3

Dec 2014

Questionnaire results like this do come in handy. An inexperienced mafia usually gives slight things away, such as writing a long answer to the "Are you mafia?". It obviously doesn't prove whether they are mafia or not, but it can give us an idea. On day 1, we can't really find out much at all without questions like this.

Feb 9, 2015 2:15 PM

Aug 2013
-Blonde- said:
HazyPanda said:

Flawed logic. Full of holes.
*Claps* You say it's full of holes, please point out one hole. If you want me to go into detail, I'll do it tomorrow and why are they a waste of time? Do you think they won't reveal anything? Do you think that you answering the questions will reveal that you're scum? It takes 10 minutes of your time and you're taking a little less suspicion off yourself.

Ugh, your play style annoys me so much. You act so scummy that you must be town.

I accidentally choked on my wine.
Feb 9, 2015 2:15 PM

Jul 2014
I am actually going to steal that question strat for other mafia games, I like it
Feb 9, 2015 2:16 PM

Aug 2013
-Blonde- said:
HazyPanda said:

*Claps* You say it's full of holes, please point out one hole. If you want me to go into detail, I'll do it tomorrow and why are they a waste of time? Do you think they won't reveal anything? Do you think that you answering the questions will reveal that you're scum? It takes 10 minutes of your time and you're taking a little less suspicion off yourself.

Ugh, your play style annoys me so much. You act so scummy that you must be town

LOL

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Feb 9, 2015 2:18 PM

Aug 2013
SodaWithYoda said:
I am actually going to steal that question strat for other mafia games, I like it

Ennnnnhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

And no credit was ever given. Ever...

Naw, I don't care. I'm just foolin' ya.
Feb 9, 2015 2:19 PM

Aug 2013
Soren, wai u bait alignment in you RQS?
Feb 9, 2015 2:19 PM

Jul 2014
LucianRoy said:
SodaWithYoda said:

Ennnnnhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

And no credit was ever given. Ever...

Naw, I don't care. I'm just foolin' ya.

I am sure you don't mind?
Feb 9, 2015 2:20 PM

Aug 2013
LucianRoy said:

Wait, did we have this discussion already?
I still don't like when people do it.
Feb 9, 2015 2:22 PM

Aug 2013
Soren's kind of being a lurky-turkey, which is sad because he's my biggest town read.
Feb 9, 2015 2:23 PM

Jul 2013
LucianRoy said:
LucianRoy said:

I thought RQS was an icebreaker, but you also want people to slip, no?

Random Anime Blogs | 1 2 3 4
Feb 9, 2015 2:23 PM

Apr 2014
Can I ask why anyone would give mafia like answers to that it is 1 day no pressure if someone is giveing mafia vibes off those questions they are either a new player who makes mistakes because don't know how to play so could be townie or mafia or just a really terrible mafia the questions are far too generic.

The main one that stands out to me though is who would you kill as mafia that just gives mafia a hitlist of who the good players are and the biggest threats to them so great work there. This also works with the who can you not read list that just gives mafia people to keep alive and frame because they know players don't trust them so based off that those questions can help mafia a lot in my view and why I would rather not answer something that can help mafia in the long run.
Feb 9, 2015 2:25 PM

Jul 2014
Jackrito said:
Can I ask why anyone would give mafia like answers to that it is 1 day no pressure if someone is giveing mafia vibes off those questions they are either a new player who makes mistakes because don't know how to play so could be townie or mafia or just a really terrible mafia the questions are far too generic.

The main one that stands out to me though is who would you kill as mafia that just gives mafia a hitlist of who the good players are and the biggest threats to them so great work there. This also works with the who can you not read list that just gives mafia people to keep alive and frame because they know players don't trust them so based off that those questions can help mafia a lot in my view and why I would rather not answer something that can help mafia in the long run.

I've been deceived

Aug 2013
x_at_home said:
LucianRoy said:

I thought RQS was an icebreaker, but you also want people to slip, no?

Soren and I have talked extensively about RQS in the past. Sometimes we use it to gain inklings on who scum may be, and sometimes we use it for its "intended purpose." It's really not normal for people to slip on something as harmless as an icebreaker, but I won't deny, it has happened.

Jul 2013
Jackrito said:

^Here is your reasoning, CC, but jack can say it much better than me.

Random Anime Blogs | 1 2 3 4

Aug 2013
So realist as ever jackie q.q

Feb 9, 2015 2:26 PM

Dec 2013
-Blonde- said:

Questionnaire results like this do come in handy. An inexperienced mafia usually gives slight things away, such as writing a long answer to the "Are you mafia?". It obviously doesn't prove whether they are mafia or not, but it can give us an idea. On day 1, we can't really find out much at all without questions like this.

I will promise you that, if I was mafia, you would not have considered me.
I play that role way more passive.
Though I will say my late game is better than my early game in general.

And I on purpose did not answer the "Who is the best liar/bluffer" as I would probably say myself. But that is also not knowing more than half the players in this game.

This is still only my 4th game, but even I know that saying: "Try and lynch mafia" is a worse answer than, I think it is not that beneficial to answer.
Feb 9, 2015 2:27 PM

Aug 2013
Jackrito said:

Why do you think I voted Soren first? Hit-list buddy. I don't really expect to out any scum with these questions. They're pretty null in my opinion.
Feb 9, 2015 2:28 PM

Jul 2014
Yep,
This is why i prefer late game,
Such people Such Arguments that i can never win early game because I can't bullshit to save my life
Feb 9, 2015 2:32 PM

Aug 2013
Llafos said:
-Blonde- said:

I will promise you that, if I was mafia, you would not have considered me.
I play that role way more passive.
Though I will say my late game is better than my early game in general.

And I on purpose did not answer the "Who is the best liar/bluffer" as I would probably say myself. But that is also not knowing more than half the players in this game.

This is still only my 4th game, but even I know that saying: "Try and lynch mafia" is a worse answer than, I think it is not that beneficial to answer.

I love your answer to "are you mafia?" Don't know why, but I do. Did you nit-pick the questions? They seem to be out of order from Soren's original order. Weird.
There's a little wine in this post, but I don't mind. It's good to know that you're passive when you play mafia. I'll keep my eye on you.
Feb 9, 2015 2:33 PM

Aug 2013
Best thing about confirmed role: I never have to lie.
Feb 9, 2015 2:34 PM

Jul 2013
What is your approach to this game? Will you lurk or contribute when you can?
I point things out when I notice them and try to generate discussion.

How do you feel about inactive players?
Tricky if they don't get replaced. You can't read them at all and become a gamble if you choose to lynch them.

If you are mafia, who would you kill tonight?
Depends how I feel like playing. The rational thing to do is to target two specific type of players.
1. Experience/analytical players
2. Those that are active
The first choice is an obvious thing to do and will become a pain later on if you don't get rid of them sooner. The second choice is to eliminate active players, so that most that are left are players that don't post much. If players don't post much then they don't really suspect people and/or contribute to scumhunting.

However, I may feel like having a fun game and want to keep players that I enjoy playing with (whom are usually the experienced players) alive. And so I might kill some oddballs.

As to who I would kill in this game. It's a big pool of players so hard to tell at this point. However, if I was mafia I would probably go for one of those that post quite a lot which does not include one of the experienced players because I would like to have an interesting game. And I like reading experienced players' posts.

How often do you expect to be on and posting?
I check MAL quite often and so I will probably post whenever I'm online.

How much experience do you have playing as a mafia role? Have you won any games where you was a mafia?
I don't get mafia much. I think I've played as mafia like 3-6 games? Probably won like a bit over half of them.

What are your thoughts on mass claiming?
For townies, it is a great because using the process of elimination you can easily pin down the mafias. However, I do feel as though mass claiming takes away the fun of the game and puts mafias in a really tight spot.

If you are townie, how would you play to ensure your victory?
Try to contribute to discussion if I can. Point out things that I find suspicious. Make a read list if necessary.

If you are mafia, how would you play to ensure that you win?
I haven't got much experience as mafia but I would probably play the same as usual.

Which players here do you think are the best liars/the ones who can manipulate others well?
Llafos. Goddamn he threw me off in that game.

Which players do you have the hardest time to read?
Inactive players - they don't post, so I can't read
Helpful players - I find it hard tell if they are a townie being helpful, or a mafia being helpful to blend in.

Also those that posts every now and then, but don't really say too much. I find it hard to tell if they're a mafia post to ensure that "blend" in. Or just a townie who doesn't have much to say. Someone like x_at_home

Are you mafia?
If I said no would you believe me?
Feb 9, 2015 2:35 PM

Oct 2014
-Blonde- said:
HazyPanda said:

Ugh, your play style annoys me so much. You act so scummy that you must be town.

SodaWithYoda said:
HazyPanda said:

I don't see how that is flawed, makes perfect sense to me

What does answering the questions prove? Nothing. Anyone can answer them, and anyone can not answer them. You don't even know the alignment of the person who started asking questions, yet everyone bows down to these questions like they're some sort of messiah destined to bring hope and salvation. Not answering them makes me look suspicious, because I'm not trying to play the role of being the leader of Town, or being Town for that matter.

I accept that no matter how much I try, in the end I'm equally suspicious as everybody else in everyone's eyes, and thus, I don't act pro-Town or force others to believe that I'm Town by following the paths that other players carve, especially if I don't know their alignments.
Feb 9, 2015 2:35 PM

Jan 2014
[b]Votes so far...

meruledaworld - 1 (Soren333)

DoubleC - 1 (MrHawkeye)

Llafos - 2 (DoubleC, -blonde-)

Who havent voted: Bulls... i write later

Time until phase change!
Timer
~I am just one sadist who supports friends~
Feb 9, 2015 2:36 PM
Sep 2014
Heres my take on the questionnaires, and why I think that they were a brilliant idea on Soren's part: By posting the questionnaires so early into the game it does a few things:

- The most important thing is that it sets the direction and tone of the discussion. No meaningful discussion is really meant to happen on day 1, they are usually full of random lynching and light banter, but Soren managed to steer the discussion in one direction, and that is how everyone is working around these questions. We can start to see the results of his move already come into fruition, as people are already starting to gather suspects.

- It sets Soren as a 'target'. Those who are able to create discussion and deliver meaningful analysis are the ones that are the most dangerous in this game. Along with is preceding reputation as a strong mafia player, its sets him up as a prime 'target'. I feel like this is actually a very valid strategy to use regardless of your role. When players are making night 1 decisions, Soren will be given a slight edge over other players since he will be remember as the discussion maker. From my experience, it is very unlikely that a mafia would target a high profile target on the first night. (A bonus is that if he's the jester, it could also ensure him an early victory).

So all in all, well played Soren, a brilliant way to start the day one discussion.
Feb 9, 2015 2:36 PM

Jul 2013
LucianRoy said:

What do you mean?
Feb 9, 2015 2:37 PM

Dec 2013
My one game as mafia, I was not in suspected at all, but Karote fucked up and got himself marked, and I had to play high risk game to save him. It killed me, and lost us the game.
Yes, I answered maybe half, and left out those that could a good answer would be pointing towards my role.
Feb 9, 2015 2:38 PM

Jan 2014
LucianRoy said:

we see about that LOL XD

Apr 2014
LucianRoy said:

This also makes you the best option for the mentor role has said before so after today any trust will be lost so don't get too used to it

Apr 2012
Yikes I thought those questions served a better purpose. I still think they are useful in ways, but I never thought it could go against us.
Unvote:Llafos
Voted for him because of my poisonous thinking that not answering = probable mafia

Mar 2009
Stats:

[*]Hunters/Town (Count = 22)

[*]Phantom Troupe (count = 7)

[*]Chimera Ants (count = 7)

[*]3rd party (count = 3)

@hosts, What are the win conditions for Hunters, Phantom Troupe &
Chimera Ants? We know the ones for the 3rd party roles.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Answering Soren's long list of questions:

Lulu ❤ | My MALoween Candy
Feb 9, 2015 2:39 PM

Aug 2013
According to the book of Soren:
1. I'm going to die.
2. Answered his last question with a question. Yeaaaahhhh, no.

Vote: Soren
Feb 9, 2015 2:41 PM

Mar 2009
LucianRoy said:
Yeah, Jack never answered those questions.

Unvote:
Vote: Jackrito

All in good faith, Jack. Gotta help out just a little this phase, plus, I'm curious what your answers will be.

He could be jester and you could be playing right into his hand, though if her were mafia, he would do that so we'd think he was jester.... I'm confused about Jack already >.<

Jul 2013
LucianRoy said:
According to the book of Soren:
1. I'm going to die.
2. Answered his last question with a question. Yeaaaahhhh, no.

Vote: Soren

When you say "I'm going to die", are you saying that if I am mafia I would kill you?

And why no?

Dec 2013
I have to go for some time, I have a bunch of club newsletters I promised to send today, and I am still around 100 off what I said. lol.

Jul 2013
grave_robber said:
LucianRoy said:
Yeah, Jack never answered those questions.

Unvote:
Vote: Jackrito

All in good faith, Jack. Gotta help out just a little this phase, plus, I'm curious what your answers will be.

He could be jester and you could be playing right into his hand, though if her were mafia, he would do that so we'd think he was jester.... I'm confused about Jack already >.<

I think that jack is just playing the way he usually does.

He never really bothers with day 1.
Feb 9, 2015 2:42 PM

Aug 2013
trijugate said:
Heres my take on the questionnaires, and why I think that they were a brilliant idea on Soren's part: By posting the questionnaires so early into the game it does a few things:

- The most important thing is that it sets the direction and tone of the discussion. No meaningful discussion is really meant to happen on day 1, they are usually full of random lynching and light banter, but Soren managed to steer the discussion in one direction, and that is how everyone is working around these questions. We can start to see the results of his move already come into fruition, as people are already starting to gather suspects.

- It sets Soren as a 'target'. Those who are able to create discussion and deliver meaningful analysis are the ones that are the most dangerous in this game. Along with is preceding reputation as a strong mafia player, its sets him up as a prime 'target'. I feel like this is actually a very valid strategy to use regardless of your role. When players are making night 1 decisions, Soren will be given a slight edge over other players since he will be remember as the discussion maker. From my experience, it is very unlikely that a mafia would target a high profile target on the first night. (A bonus is that if he's the jester, it could also ensure him an early victory).

So all in all, well played Soren, a brilliant way to start the day one discussion.

Hmmm...
Mutual town agreement No. 1. I see trijugate as town. Soren's flip might change that.
Feb 9, 2015 2:44 PM

Mar 2009
LucianRoy said:
HazyPanda said:

Add that to your evidence.

Lol, I'm not making a serious case for you like last time. It's day one after all.

I approve of this lynch :p

Feb 9, 2015 2:44 PM

Aug 2013
Soren333 said:
LucianRoy said:

What do you mean?

"Are you mafia?" I usually don't like this question because it's obviously baiting alignment. What i don't like about it, is how you failed to give a straight answer. Why answer you own question with a question? Isn't that just about the most redundant thing... ever?
Feb 9, 2015 2:46 PM

Aug 2013
Jackrito said:
LucianRoy said:

This also makes you the best option for the mentor role has said before so after today any trust will be lost so don't get too used to it

Ha, wine.
Feb 9, 2015 2:47 PM

Jan 2014
[b]Votes so far...

meruledaworld - 1 (Soren333)

DoubleC - 1 (MrHawkeye)

Llafos - 1 (-blonde-)

Soren333 - 1 (LucianRoy)

Who havent voted: Bulls... i write later

Time until phase change!
Timer

Apr 2014
Soren333 said:
grave_robber said:

I think that jack is just playing the way he usually does.

He never really bothers with day 1.

If I was a jester they would be a lot better ways to go around it than play my normal way. just playing liky hazypanda would be the best way to go about it.

I see little point in making myself a target day 1 as said before it is best to play the long game. Since you can not win or lose 1 day it may lead to the final ending but they are more important days to come so why waste my time on something pointless and put energy in when I can get my views from the shadow and when the crutial time comes do what is needed to make the differance.

Aug 2013
There's been a lot of WIFOM in day one so far. I don't really know what to make of it. Maybe blatant speculation for the sake of speculation? Yeah, I'm sure it won't be a problem for much longer.
Feb 9, 2015 2:48 PM

Oct 2014
Those darn WIFOMs.
Feb 9, 2015 2:49 PM

Aug 2013
Jack's sticking with his usual strategy. That's a good sign.
Feb 9, 2015 2:49 PM
Sep 2014
LucianRoy said:
There's been a lot of WIFOM in day one so far. I don't really know what to make of it. Maybe blatant speculation for the sake of speculation? Yeah, I'm sure it won't be a problem for much longer.

I am not familiar with this acronym.
Feb 9, 2015 2:50 PM

Oct 2014
trijugate said:
LucianRoy said:

Wednesday in Friday of Monday.
Feb 9, 2015 2:50 PM

Aug 2013
HazyPanda said:
trijugate said:

Wednesday in Friday of Monday.

What the

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (192) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated MEMBER Posts! v1 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SoulEaterQUEEN - Mar 26, 2016

1990 by Serafos »»
Aug 17, 9:42 PM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3811 by Serafos »»
Aug 17, 9:42 PM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8751 by Serafos »»
Aug 17, 9:41 PM

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2867 by Serafos »»

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1160 by Serafos »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.