Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 14, 2007 3:11 PM
Jan 2007
I love this show! It has the right amount of humor and action, so it is very enjoyable. Do you agree?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 14, 2007 3:26 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Trigun is undoubtedly underrated. I'm a huge fan of Vash and the gang. :)
Feb 14, 2007 3:33 PM

Jan 2007
I'm a little ashamed to admit I haven't seen it. :X Soon, though!
Feb 14, 2007 3:35 PM

Oct 2006
i have seen a few episodes on adult swim ill see the rest soon enough
Feb 14, 2007 4:04 PM

Aug 2006
....That polls biased!

lol, Trigun is great. I don't really think its underrated though =/
Feb 14, 2007 4:33 PM

Jan 2007
trigun is great but i dont see how its underrated either
Feb 16, 2007 3:42 PM
Jan 2007
The poll is a joke. And by underrated I mean that it should be in the top 10 anime.
Feb 17, 2007 5:12 AM

Jan 2005
I really hated the humor in this one...
Feb 17, 2007 2:02 PM

Jan 2007
Aw. This show was great! I loved it. Even the dubbing. :o]
Feb 17, 2007 2:15 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Ya I watch it dubbed. Vash's voice actor is awesome.
Feb 17, 2007 3:01 PM

Aug 2006
I'm one of the few that thinks the show is actually overrated =/
Feb 17, 2007 3:11 PM

Nov 2004
FurubaFan said:
/cheer
Feb 17, 2007 3:15 PM

Jan 2007
Xinil said:
Ya I watch it dubbed. Vash's voice actor is awesome.

Ah YES! Another fan.
He was awesome~ Trigun's the show i started favoring Johnny Yong Bosch.

hah.
Feb 17, 2007 3:29 PM

Aug 2006
FurubaFan said:

huh? Really?

Although I don't agree, I could see how people may find it underrated.....but overrated?? O_o
Feb 27, 2007 6:21 PM

Jan 2007
Like my favorite anime, but i know some people who don't like it....

*ooo shiny new sub-forum* < just noticed it here.....
Apr 4, 2007 10:21 AM

Apr 2007
I think Trigun gets so much hype it raises the new watchers expectations too high. I think that if I was recommending this series to a friend I would be like

&quot;Its really good&quot; and leave it at that.

That being said its one of my top 5 favorite animes.
Apr 4, 2007 10:23 AM

Aug 2006
Sandgolem said:
I think Trigun gets so much hype it raises the new watchers expectations too high. I think that if I was recommending this series to a friend I would be like

&quot;Its really good&quot; and leave it at that.

You say that, only because you found out that I wasn't fond of it... lol... knowing I went into it with all these expectations, just to feel &quot;let down&quot; by the end of it. Same with CB and GTO...
Apr 4, 2007 10:24 AM

Aug 2006
overrated, imo
Apr 4, 2007 10:26 AM

Apr 2007
I don't know about underrated, but it's good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2007 10:26 AM

Apr 2007
FurubaFan said:

You say that, only because you found out that I wasn't fond of it... lol... knowing I went into it with all these expectations, just to feel &quot;let down&quot; by the end of it. Same with CB and GTO...

I &lt;3 you alot hun, and I say this with upmost respect. You are not allowed to talk about CB T.T *heart broken*

Also, I really thing the characters really stand out. And the actually story between him and his brother is amazing.
Apr 4, 2007 10:31 AM

Aug 2006
Sandgolem said:
I &lt;3 you alot hun, and I say this with upmost respect. You are not allowed to talk about CB T.T *heart broken*

I don't have to say anything... it's all here:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=7&amp;show=0
Apr 4, 2007 10:33 AM

Apr 2007
T.T &lt;/3 Your breaking my heart Chelle. CB and Trigun are my two favorites but I understand why you dont like them.
Apr 4, 2007 10:50 AM

Apr 2007
Seriously, who hates on Cowboy Bebop? That's like blasphemy
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2007 10:55 AM

Aug 2006
Neverender said:
Seriously, who hates on Cowboy Bebop? That's like blasphemy

My reasons are outlined in the CB thread (I did outline them, didn't I?)
Apr 4, 2007 11:10 AM

Apr 2007
They are, but its still sad. I was just so amazed by the series as a whole. Vash is very kool, a pacifists hero and uses a weapon made for killing. That is always a win imo. Btw, My favorite character from this series is Midvalley the hornfreak. (dont go their chelle :P) His Saxaphone was amazing and his character reminds me of blues and jazz.
Apr 4, 2007 11:16 AM

Aug 2006
**zips lips** (**snickers under her breath**)
Apr 8, 2007 11:48 AM

Apr 2007
Indeed, underrated.
Apr 18, 2007 8:20 AM

Apr 2007
Definitely not underrated. It doesn't help that a friend over-hyped this before I watched it. Not to mention that every time I finally started warming up to the series, there was some complete turn-off -_-
Apr 18, 2007 8:24 AM
Mar 2007
I quite liked it, especially the last episode, but I can't say I consider it underrated either.
Apr 18, 2007 8:28 AM

Aug 2006
Meli said:
Definitely not underrated. It doesn't help that a friend over-hyped this before I watched it. Not to mention that every time I finally started warming up to the series, there was some complete turn-off -_-

QFT!!!
Apr 18, 2007 8:41 AM
Mar 2007
What do you consider turn-offs anyway?

I just follow the flow, I hold out judging for bigger anime aspects, like general atmosphere, story line or how enthusiastic I am after about 10 eps.

Also, Hajime no Ippo is well popular, but I'm not really getting into it at all (after 10 eps). Is it going to change for the better, or is this going to be 70+ eps of the &quot;ohmigod how is he still standing, what a talent, ohmigod&quot; routine?
Apr 18, 2007 8:53 AM
Feb 2005
I may be biased, as Trigun is my favorite series of all time (and I also don't mind the dubbing, both sub and dub are good here), as well as Vash is my favorite hero/character of all time.

Yes, Trigun is definitely underrated. It's pretty much one of the first series I'll ever recommend someone to watch, but when I hear other people talk about &quot;great series'&quot; and give recommendations, I rarely ever hear talk of Trigun and Vash. What do I hear when I hear people talk about &quot;classics&quot; and &quot;must see?&quot; I hear Cowboy Bebop and Eva. Now I'm not gonna hate on Eva here, because it's pretty awesome... but Cowboy Bebop... is definitely overrated.

I've talked extensively on this topic, probably only on the old forums, but the main points are as follows:

CB has really cool characters, but a terribly shitty central plot.
It's too episodic, and while each may be enjoyable individually, you aren't compelled to see the next one.
By the end, you feel like you've gotten nowhere, and you're still confused at how you got there.

Again, I don't wanna rip on CB, it had some great elements, but as a whole, I feel it lacked. I would definitely say that it's role as &quot;possibly the greatest anime ever&quot; should be taken over by Trigun :-P

Maybe I should write an essay and e-mail it to everyone.
Apr 18, 2007 8:53 AM

Apr 2007
Sanada_Saizo said:

I just follow the flow, I hold out judging for bigger anime aspects, like general atmosphere, story line or how enthusiastic I am after about 10 eps.

Also, Hajime no Ippo is well popular, but I'm not really getting into it at all (after 10 eps). Is it going to change for the better, or is this going to be 70+ eps of the &quot;ohmigod how is he still standing, what a talent, ohmigod&quot; routine?

One major turn-off I'd name is how they zoomed away from at least one Wolfwood fight, just let us hear the gunshots, and zoomed to him again to show him as the victor. zomg, awesome job Wolfwood! &gt;_&gt;

Also, the end of episode 21 was a disaster. Doofus Brad actually responding to the gunshot before Hero Vash? Gimmi a break. I don't want to turn this into a pessimistic rant (if it isn't already &lt;_&lt;), so I'll just.. shut up.

I usually watch 10 episodes before giving a first judgement too. Never saw Hajime no Ippo, but by the sound of it, I never will =P
Apr 18, 2007 9:02 AM
Mar 2007
Meli said:
Sanada_Saizo said:

One major turn-off I'd name is how they zoomed away from at least one Wolfwood fight, just let us hear the gunshots, and zoomed to him again to show him as the victor. zomg, awesome job Wolfwood! &gt;_&gt;

Also, the end of episode 21 was a disaster. Doofus Brad actually responding to the gunshot before Hero Vash? Gimmi a break. I don't want to turn this into a pessimistic rant (if it isn't already &lt;_&lt;), so I'll just.. shut up.

I usually watch 10 episodes before giving a first judgement too. Never saw Hajime no Ippo, but by the sound of it, I never will =P

hah, I got to say I understand why you'd consider these turn-offs...

Also, don't let MY sound keep you from trying out shows ;), I'm just very sensitive about these sort of routines... must be a trauma from when I watched DBZ as a kid.

A frightened Freeza staring at Goku who's summoning a nuclear bomb the size of a planet... whilst not even considering just intervening for about two frikkin episodes long. Fuc...- getting negative again, sorry.
Apr 18, 2007 9:10 AM

Apr 2007
Sanada_Saizo said:
Meli said:
Sanada_Saizo said:

hah, I got to say I understand why you'd consider these turn-offs...

Also, don't let MY sound keep you from trying out shows ;), I'm just very sensitive about these sort of routines... must be a trauma from when I watched DBZ as a kid.

A frightened Freeza staring at Goku who's summoning a nuclear bomb the size of a planet... whilst not even considering just intervening for about two frikkin episodes long. Fuc...- getting negative again, sorry.

Well, if you're going to be negative too, we can be negative together =P

But that one's an anime law! Villians aren't supposed to move whilst their rival is powering up! Just like they can't just use their best and most powerful stuff right away, but have to toy around with the heroes and not notice how said heroes are getting more powerful by the episode! *coughs delicately*
Apr 18, 2007 9:17 AM
Mar 2007
law, virus, whatever ;)

Still, though, an anime can at least tr&yacute; working around it, you know? Just a small comment like &quot;I can't transform into my ultimate edition yet because it seriously hurts my neck and gives me a headache for a month&quot; can do the trick... Wondering in amazement for over 40 minutes, however, just calls for a diagnosis of autism and some serious bitchslapping.
Apr 18, 2007 10:11 AM

Apr 2007
Must.. write.. fiction...

But yeah, I know what you mean. So many times a small adjustement could've made something so much better. Why don't they do it? To give us stuff to bitch and moan about? =(
Apr 18, 2007 10:37 AM
Feb 2005
wow, you guys are way off topic here, but yes, this has always been a problem with anime, and fiction stories in general.

Do any of you play D&amp;D ? Have you ever played an evil campaign ? I would like to see an anime series based on the bad guys, similar to a D&amp;D campaign run by evil PCs. What're their motives and ambitions ? I think it could be an interesting show...

Oh yeah, and easiest solution ever to having the big bad guy not step in and intervene: have a weaker ally of the good guy step in and hold him at bay, then get his ass handed to him just in time for the hero to be ready to step back in. IS IT REALLY THAT HARD ?!?!
Apr 18, 2007 10:47 AM

Oct 2006
Koreth said:
CB has really cool characters, but a terribly shitty central plot.
It's too episodic, and while each may be enjoyable individually, you aren't compelled to see the next one.
By the end, you feel like you've gotten nowhere, and you're still confused at how you got there.

I adore Cowboy Bebop, but I suppose I have to agree to an extent. I actually liked the central plot... I just wish it had been a little more present. The series is definitely too episodic, but I think its excellence in other areas makes up for that shortcoming quite well.

All in all though, I'd recommend Trigun over CB. I'm not really sure how it's overrated, since most of the people I know who've watched it were instant fans, but it's definitely an awesome show. Especially since Vash manages to pull off the naive pacifist type hero bit without being irritating. Most characters like that really get under my skin (like Suzaku in Code Geass - I loathe that guy), but I love Vash.

I would like to see an anime series based on the bad guys

Heh, I think that's why I like Death Note and Code Geass so much - the heroes could just as easily be passed off as villains.
Apr 18, 2007 10:51 AM
Feb 2005
Good point, I haven't watched Code Geass, but Death Note... yeah, Light is definitely a &quot;villain&quot; type hero.

and (spoiler for ep 26 of Death Note)

So Death Note is definitely keeping the interest.
Apr 18, 2007 11:05 AM

Apr 2007
And you're telling us we're off-topic &gt;_&gt;

Light and Lulu are &lt;3 as a main character types. I can't even bring myself to call them the heroes. Hell, how many times have I thought &quot;All villians should be like that... *dreamy*&quot;?

On the topic of both villian tactics and Trigun, I do have to give them props for sending three of the bad guys after Vash at one point. Even if he didn't face them at the same time, it really was one of those 'warming up to Trigun' moments.
Apr 18, 2007 12:41 PM

Nov 2004
If anything Trigun is overrated, Cowboy Bebop was great, even though the main plot wasn't too huge it all worked well and made it a great anime in the big picture, every episode was great (guess there were exceptions but i don't remember exactly) and yes i did feel a drive towards watching the next one
Apr 18, 2007 1:55 PM
Feb 2005
Aokaado said:
If anything Trigun is overrated, Cowboy Bebop was great, even though the main plot wasn't too huge it all worked well and made it a great anime in the big picture, every episode was great (guess there were exceptions but i don't remember exactly) and yes i did feel a drive towards watching the next one

you never tried to prove Trigun is overrated...
Apr 18, 2007 2:05 PM

Oct 2006
I felt compelled to watch Bebop in its entirety, but I've never been able to rewatch it from start to finish. I can do that with shows that have stronger plots, but I just skip around through CB and watch the bits I like most. Samurai Champloo is even worse for that though - its plot is largely nonexistent until the very end. It's a great anime too, but far too episodic.

Re: Death Note &amp; Code Geass, Light and Lelouch are virtually the same character - they both have secret identities, sparkling reputations, enormous IQs, and a strong-but-limited special power that they have to think strategically to make the most of. And above all, neither of them are afraid of killing ruthlessly to achieve their goals. I &lt;3 both of them. They're the best sort of heroes, because they aren't heroes at all.
Apr 18, 2007 2:29 PM

Aug 2006
Faust721 said:
trigun is great but i dont see how its underrated either

It's a good show, although the ending is crap!
Apr 18, 2007 2:38 PM

Oct 2006
I don't see why people seem to hate the ending so much. It's not that much of a cliffhanger, unless my memory has gotten really awful. Sure, it's left somewhat open, but it isn't like there's some big gaping hole left to be filled or a villain left to defeat. I liked it well enough.
Apr 18, 2007 3:45 PM
Feb 2005
Krelian said:
I don't see why people seem to hate the ending so much. It's not that much of a cliffhanger, unless my memory has gotten really awful. Sure, it's left somewhat open, but it isn't like there's some big gaping hole left to be filled or a villain left to defeat. I liked it well enough.

I agree, plus... there's more. But yeah, there's really nothing left wide open with you like &quot;OMG WTF&quot;
Apr 18, 2007 6:31 PM

Aug 2006
Meh, basically the only negative thing I ever see people say about Cowboy Bebop is that its episodic. CB is character driven and therefore focuses on the characters more then the central plot (obviously). Its not like on the first episode there was a message that said &quot;THIS ANIME HAS THE GREATEST CENTRAL PLOT EVER&quot; and then went on to disappoint you. One of the CB's biggest themes is &quot;you can never escape from your past.&quot; I thought that the episodic nature, combined with that theme actually enhanced the central plot. Spike was trying to escape into the life of a bounty hunter, and thats what we saw throught all those random storylines. I just think that Cowboy Bebop is incredible because it utilizes its characters, structure and theme so well.

As for Trigun, as i've said before (and will say again as much as I want, simple because I can) the manga puts the anime to shame imo. If I had read the manga first and then watched the anime....I might have dropped it in disgust. The amount of depth the anime has compared to the manga is pathetic.

As for comparing Trigun to Bebop. Its not even a competition as far as im concerned.
running_lemonApr 18, 2007 10:12 PM
Apr 18, 2007 6:38 PM

Oct 2006
basically the only negative thing I ever see people say about Cowboy Bebop is that its episodic.

For my part, that's the only negative thing I can say. I love CB.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Trigun Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

80 by Dad2 »»
Sep 9, 3:43 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kie_ - Sep 9, 2008

65 by Dad2 »»
Sep 5, 6:22 AM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

210 by ANIk_003 »»
Aug 24, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

91 by kirA_-_ »»
Aug 16, 5:21 AM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

153 by kirA_-_ »»
Aug 16, 4:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.