Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (27) « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 »
Aug 5, 2015 5:46 PM

May 2013
Ahhh! The puns! They burn! They buuuuuuurn!

"When you have bought your own load of hooey, you know exactly what it is worth." -- Bruce Sterling
Aug 6, 2015 12:19 AM

Dec 2010
Uooooh, we've finally reached the letter Z and completed the pun circle of life. THE TIME HAS COME FOR TO GATHER ALL THE POWER AS PROMISED. Behold....

A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J
[/spoiler]
K

L

M

N

O

P

Q

R

S

T

U

V

W

Y

Z
Aug 6, 2015 2:06 AM

Jan 2015
Got one more for you:

Why do Holstaur wear a bell?
Aug 6, 2015 2:34 AM

Jan 2013
I never really understood this fascination with puns.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Aug 6, 2015 4:17 AM

May 2013
beast_regards said:

It's because we've been bad, and we must be pun-ished.
"When you have bought your own load of hooey, you know exactly what it is worth." -- Bruce Sterling
Aug 14, 2015 5:26 AM
Nov 2013
tygertyger said:
beast_regards said:

It's because we've been bad, and we must be pun-ished.

Now, are you prepared for your pun-ance?
Aug 19, 2015 1:24 AM

Jan 2015
:-| This is so bad... Why did I even make this?... I was bored?... That's no excuse!... Like really really bored? *hopeful puppy eyes*.... NO! JUST NO!... *Goes hide in a corner*

MetallumOperaturAug 19, 2015 1:29 AM
Aug 19, 2015 1:29 AM

Nov 2013
MetallumOperatur said:
:-| This is so bad... Why did I even make this?... I was bored?... That's no excuse!... Like really really bored? *hopeful puppy eyes*.... NO! JUST NO!... *Goes hide in a corner*

LMAO wow, nice
Aug 19, 2015 1:32 AM

Jan 2015
Clarus_Nox said:
LMAO wow, nice

Made a few changes to make the lyrics even better fitting...

I'll think I can go hang myself right now ...... ;-P
Aug 19, 2015 4:14 AM

May 2013
MetallumOperatur said:

[blinkblink] Wow. I guess that explains why there are no blue pokeballs.
Aug 19, 2015 5:52 AM

Jan 2015
tygertyger said:
[blinkblink] Wow. I guess that explains why there are no blue pokeballs.
I should have known that was one pun waiting to happen :-P
Aug 19, 2015 12:13 PM

Mar 2015
There is a thing I want to ask and there is no other place where I can do it ...

Stories labelled MSGF can be virtually anything, right? There is no need to use the "transported to another world" scenario, is there? Any setting, any genre, right?

I've read the one of the MSGF stories, it good and everything, but it is very similar to MSGC/S one.

Why people who wish to "go crazy" try to make then into the MSGC?

Why people who can write good "transported to different world" story choose the only tag that doesn't expects it to follow?

I admit, I thought about the story and I've run into the same "other world idea" as others, but it isn't only way, is it?

There doesn't seem to be any sci-fi either, I am not sure why when everything is allowed.
Aug 19, 2015 12:59 PM

Sep 2013
Malise said:
There is a thing I want to ask and there is no other place where I can do it ...

Stories labelled MSGF can be virtually anything, right? There is no need to use the "transported to another world" scenario, is there? Any setting, any genre, right?

I've read the one of the MSGF stories, it good and everything, but it is very similar to MSGC/S one.

Why people who can write good "transported to different world" story choose the only tag that doesn't expects it to follow?

I admit, I thought about the story and I've run into the same "other world idea" as others, but it isn't only way, is it?

There doesn't seem to be any sci-fi either, I am not sure why when everything is allowed.

Dang it...you're making me want to write two entirely new stories...
Aug 19, 2015 1:23 PM

Mar 2015
emeraldtryst said:
Dang it...you're making me want to write two entirely new stories...

MSGF virtually allows you to take all robots, wizards, spaceships, dragons, lasers and fireballs, then mixing these ingredients in your cyber-witch's boiling pot of dark matter and make an story out of it.
I didn't read all the stories, but those few MSGF ones I've seen are stereotypical fantasy fairly tame in its content which involves a real life protagonist transported to the world of magic usually with nothing much of the change from what one can see in MSGC/MSGS version dominating the club. Except one, which is where Sword Art Online met Your Daily Life with Monster Girls, but even that one is a stereotypical fantasy in setting.
Aug 19, 2015 1:41 PM

Jan 2013
This virtually calls for the comment about you-know-who....
Aug 19, 2015 1:49 PM

Jan 2013
Malise said:

I think there is a certain saying about forbidden fruit that explains this all.
Aug 19, 2015 2:54 PM

Sep 2013
Malise said:

I think that the source material lends itself well to the "transported to another world" concept. You're right in that most of what I've seen from MSGF is similar but with a modified setting or slightly different rules.

Maybe this is the perfect chance to tackle the sci-fi theme as a writer yourself =)

Sometimes it's also a lot easier to write under a set of restrictions.

The reason people would want to be part of MSGC even with huge ideas is, I would hope, because of how enticing it could be to tread in the steps of other writers they may have liked and to add their own ideas to the setting.

I'm hopefully going to be working with the officers on some ideas to help it all feel more cooperative as well.
Aug 19, 2015 4:02 PM

Jan 2015
I actually have a couple of poorly written unedited chapters floating around where the whole thing is turned around. But, I decided to stick with only one story right now, to prevent starting multiple projects and only upload like one chapter every 3 months to each one of em.

Also the MSGs lend themselves more to a fantasy and perhaps steampunk setting, with a more advanced technology settings they would quickly be reduced to just aesthetics. If Charisse's crazy project of creating a direct portal to this world would have succeeded, than that would probably end with all the surviving MSGs as a zoo attractions and us drilling for oil there :-(
MetallumOperaturAug 19, 2015 4:16 PM
Aug 20, 2015 12:38 AM

Mar 2015
MetallumOperatur said:
If Charisse's crazy project of creating a direct portal to this world would have succeeded, than that would probably end with all the surviving MSGs as a zoo attractions and us drilling for oil there :-(

I don't think so. Supposed human's supremacy is based only on a couple of stories with simply allowed no discussion and wanted either monster or humans portrayed in certain way, others simply accepted it as in fear of conflicts. There isn't much Cooperation mode either, from what I was told it operate simply on fact some trying to get something they shouldn't and then others ignoring each other anyway. It seems trying to do things in the other way is more or less a taboo around here.
Aug 20, 2015 3:14 AM

Jan 2015
Malise said:
I don't think so. Supposed human's supremacy is based only on a couple of stories with simply allowed no discussion and wanted either monster or humans portrayed in certain way, others simply accepted it as in fear of conflicts. There isn't much Cooperation mode either, from what I was told it operate simply on fact some trying to get something they shouldn't and then others ignoring each other anyway. It seems trying to do things in the other way is more or less a taboo around here.

It is an example of how technology makes many of the abilities the mamono have "obsolete" (just imagine how the tables would turn if humans both outnumber mamono 500 to 1 and have access to modern weaponry like drones), and does not refer to any feats humans might or might not be able to do without access to said technology. A mamono's strength, endurance, and speed aren't that relevant any more if any wimp with a shotgun could kill her. So unless one also rewrites all the entries to give them abilities that still matter in a world dominated by electronics, mamono are reduced to a flavour choice. Hence imo unedited mamono are more interesting in lower technology settings, where their abilities still matter (and a possible explanation why the focus here is entirely on such settings)

That said; mamono operating a "pleasure palace" that serves all kinds of fetishes is a story that could work in any technology setting ;-)
Aug 20, 2015 5:36 AM

Sep 2013
@Mal - "Human supremacy" is a mindset held almost exclusively by antagonists in a few remote places. There's no example of humans being outright more powerful than mamono in any sort of physical capacity.

@Met - Now that I think on it...that could REALLY go either way.

The thing about technology is that anyone can really use it. Any mamono of average intelligence could figure it out.

With full access to modern technology...even looking at things from a strictly military perspective, I don't see humanity necessarily coming out on top.

Reasons:
Aug 20, 2015 5:39 AM

Nov 2013
Except when they suddenly come to our world they would suddenly be subject to our phycis and their bodies would collapse unto themselves.

it's one of the many possibilities :T
Aug 20, 2015 9:56 AM

Mar 2015
I am starting to have a bad feeling.

This is clearly getting into an argument I never wanted to start. I was merely curious about the writer's choices following the same patter regardless of the tag on it. Considering the tendency to redirect any conversation towards the relative power of the character and they eventual conflict is actually a most disturbing part of the MSGC. This is reason I am editing the message as I am starting to be afraid of consequences :(

MaliseAug 20, 2015 12:12 PM
Aug 20, 2015 12:30 PM

Mar 2015
A few interesting points...

Assuming that extra-terrestrial life exists (at least in forms more complex than bacteria), the idea that life evolving on an entirely different planet would be particularly similar to life that evolved on Earth is so unlikely as to not even be worth considering.
Our current level of scientific understanding consider existence of the alien life in more complex form that bacteria as unlikely, even though we slowly start to call with possibility we can be wrong. Should we ever discover the alien life, there is a change we find out they are creatures that "shouldn't exist".

Also our understanding of physics is actually limited.

In several hundred on years we can find out that early 21st century scientific theories are crap.

While one-gender species seems to be very unlikely from biological standpoint, sometime nature works in weird way.

There are some species of fish, such as the Amazon Molly Fish, that are only female, reproducing solely with the males of another certain species (one which has both males and females). These species work this way because either the act or the presence of sperm will stimulate egg production. Genetically, the offspring are the mother's.

Existence of magic as a force that outwardly denying the laws of physics is indeed a very questionable, but there is certain quote saying that magic is misunderstood science.

Even though you may want your monster girls "dumb" they can have understanding of physics above levels conceivable to humans.
They actually needed to be cast down to be beaten by average karate moves as you wanted your character to play important role and there was a wish for anti-monster movement. This is purely writer's choice.

Also, one interesting note.

Part of the lore is technological ban (as bended as it can be)

Actually, in suggest that people in charge actually DO have a clear ideas about the possibilities that technology brings as they are no sign of religious obscurantism.

Actually, there is single small island.

What if all other landmass is a atomic wasteland caused by ancient nuclear war because they do had the technology in the past?
Aug 20, 2015 12:51 PM

Nov 2013
Malise said:

This is clearly getting into an argument I never wanted to start.

where?
Aug 20, 2015 12:57 PM

Mar 2015
Clarus_Nox said:
Malise said:

This is clearly getting into an argument I never wanted to start.

where?

Beast_regards deleted his comment addressed at you that caused my reply. I don't want to restart it
Aug 20, 2015 1:07 PM

Nov 2013
ok.... then to move on to something else

who is your comment about that person wanted their MGs being dumb directed at?
Aug 20, 2015 1:10 PM

Jan 2015
Malise said:
I was merely curious about the writer's choices following the same patter regardless of the tag on it.
A valid question for which I present you 3 possible explanations I can think of.
  1. I can understand that my examples raised the suggestion, but the point I'm making in my previous posts is not so much speculating on who would win a futuristic war between MSGs and humans (and why should it be that black and white). I'm arguing that due to technology the gap between what humans and MSGs can do gets smaller. The potential for MSGs to do awesome things in lower technology settings is bigger, therefore there is a greater appeal to writers to choose such a setting (and it's probably easier to write too).
  2. An other reason could be that the MSGF stories are (subconsciously) heavily influenced by the MSGC stories. Writers see the ideas behind the MSGC and think "that's awesome, but I want to do things a bit different". If that different includes more than dropping a couple of restrictions (like limit on amount of companions, and species of the companions), you're immediately in MSGF territory.
  3. And a third reason for the similarity could be that KC designed the MSGs in a typical medieval fantasy setting. Hence a subconscious nudge towards situating your MSG story in such a setting.

But, keep in mind these are just theories; I don't think we have enough MSGF stories to reach significant conclusions.

Malise said:
It makes me confused why anyone would chose Cooperative mode as everything seems to be centred about the same conflict about the relative power level.
Don't let the passion of the discussion fool you into thinking that the discussion adversely affects most stories.

I'm having a lot of fun writing my story so far, while not bothering too much about the relative power levels of humans and mamono. I had some thought about it before I started writing. Decided how I would like the difference in the power level to be, and I'm good to go. Remember it is impossible to line up all stories perfectly without heavy moderation and policing.

My method of work is pretty easy:
  1. I coax up something for in the story
  2. I check if it would make sense in my story (which imo is by far the most important part)
  3. if it's big enough to affect things, or if I want to use certain lore elements then I contact Em or Asp to share the idea and ask for feedback
  4. we have some back and forth on figuring out the details and perhaps add some changes until we get to a point we all feel it's good
  5. should one day my ideas prove not feasible for MSGC, no big deal I'll change the C to an S and I can happily continue
It's that simple ;-)
Aug 20, 2015 1:51 PM

Mar 2015
Clarus_Nox said:
who is your comment about that person wanted their MGs being dumb directed at?

Please note "dumb" is in quotation marks because it doesn't mean they are literally stupid, this is very different from actual lack of intelligence, but they share some critical failure of common sense, skills or judgement in crucial moments, or story itself feels the need to demote the monster girls abilities or judgement in general.

Of course, protagonist is expected to win in majority of the stories. Either through wits or strength, this doesn't matter.

In the end, it ends up in two possible scenarios
A)Protagonist wins because his enemy did a critical mistake or have some weakness - but this weakness applies one person or organization is "dumb", but not their entire race or species.
b) Protagonist wins because his enemy race or species are "dumb" in general at it demotes both allies and enemies in same time
Aug 20, 2015 1:53 PM

Nov 2013
hm, i've not read all the stories yet, but i cant say i know which story you reference.
Aug 20, 2015 2:00 PM

Mar 2015
Clarus_Nox said:
hm, i've not read all the stories yet, but i cant say i know which story you reference.

I meant all stories and directed "you" at everyone at writer community, not a person in particular. There is also important world of "may" in that sentence :-(
Aug 20, 2015 2:06 PM

Sep 2013
@Mal - I didn't get the impression that you were arguing...or even that there was any sort of argument going on.

Malise said:

Even though you may want your monster girls "dumb" they can have understanding of physics above levels conceivable to humans.

Some mamono are definitely less intelligent than the average human (most slimes, hobgoblins, wurms) but I think one point that has been made in the past is that intelligence is once category in which a human can definitely be more than a match for nearly any MG.

I certainly wouldn't say it's expected, though. Clearly I've included at least one super-intelligent monster in my own MSG writings.

Malise said:

Actually, in suggest that people in charge actually DO have a clear ideas about the possibilities that technology brings as they are no sign of religious obscurantism.

What if all other landmass is a atomic wasteland caused by ancient nuclear war because they do had the technology in the past?

The reasons for the ban are (for now) being left vague. It's been suggested that the ban is less about technology itself and more about the potential for that technology to upset the fragile balance of life on the island.

I do particularly like the idea about the island being the only thing left...whether its true or not =)
Aug 20, 2015 2:14 PM

Mar 2015
emeraldtryst said:
It's been suggested that the ban is less about technology itself and more about the potential for that technology to upset the fragile balance of life on the island.

It feels like balance on the island is already upset greatly without any technology involved. I understand that there may be out-of-universe reasons that will never explained in-universe though.

But thinking of it, with a situation that balance of power is beings thrown down by other means that no one expected, whole island is in chaos, old rules are obsolete and everything is crashing down, radical ideas are on rampage, this is time for some Revolution start! Revolution that will change the world!

It's a great idea for some event that will unite the stories in some point.

Maybe it's a time where everyone might start thinking of your own in-universe ideas for your own faction
MaliseAug 20, 2015 3:03 PM
Aug 20, 2015 3:01 PM

Jan 2015
Malise said:
Assuming that extra-terrestrial life exists (at least in forms more complex than bacteria), the idea that life evolving on an entirely different planet would be particularly similar to life that evolved on Earth is so unlikely as to not even be worth considering.

There are actually plausible theories as to why extra terrestrial life forms must be "similar" to what we have on earth. The main argument is that due to the law of conservation of energy, all life form must have some way to absorb energy. And in that way are similar to life on earth. For without the "life form" shovelling energy around in one way or another it wouldn't be alive by definition.

Malise said:
Our current level of scientific understanding consider existence of the alien life in more complex form that bacteria as unlikely, even though we slowly start to call with possibility we can be wrong. Should we ever discover the alien life, there is a change we find out they are creatures that "shouldn't exist".

This isn't true, the theories only state that the existence of intelligent life in our "universal neighbourhood" is unlikely (I think it was within communication range, but not sure). We don't even know if there is a limit to the seize of the universe, so no respectable scientist can say that the possibility of complex lifeforms in the whole observable universe is unlikely (but we can't be a 100% sure there are other life forms in the observable universe either).
But once we start considering the universe might be infinite, then really strange things start to happen. Actually the chances of there being an exact duplicate (as in to the exact same quantum configuration) of you and I, or even our entire solar system, is practically a 100% if our universe is indeed infinitely large.
This video explains it nicely: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GEebx72-qs (gotta though through the math first though)

Malise said:
Also our understanding of physics is actually limited.
That is true, but we can only work with what we know though...

Malise said:
In several hundred on years we can find out that early 21st century scientific theories are crap.
If that's the case they probably wouldn't refer to it in that way ;-) Just like there is still great respect for Aristoteles, even though most of his observations are found to be untrue. But, given the tools he had to work with he did a pretty good job. ;-) Keep in mind that in several hundreds years it is also possible that part of our 21st century scientific theories are still considered pretty dead on ;-)

Malise said:
While one-gender species seems to be very unlikely from biological standpoint, sometime nature works in weird way.

There are some species of fish, such as the Amazon Molly Fish, that are only female, reproducing solely with the males of another certain species (one which has both males and females). These species work this way because either the act or the presence of sperm will stimulate egg production. Genetically, the offspring are the mother's.
Nice to learn new things :-)

Malise said:
Existence of magic as a force that outwardly denying the laws of physics is indeed a very questionable, but there is certain quote saying that magic is misunderstood science.
Doesn't that refer to the believe in magic in the real world? In our imaginary universe magic is simply a matter of definition; there need not be a logical explanation.

Malise said:
They actually needed to be cast down to be beaten by average karate moves as you wanted your character to play important role and there was a wish for anti-monster movement. This is purely writer's choice.
Again this is a matter of definition. The MSGs could range between omnipotent and impotent and between all knowing and as dumb as a doorknob. I personally prefer em on average intellectually dumbed down to human levels, just so we humans can actually matter in some way. And it's not just the MSGs letting us play around because they don't want to hurt our feelings :-P

Malise said:
Also, one interesting note.

I think the technological ban serves mostly as to ensure some level of consistency in the different collab stories. It would get out of hand quickly if one part of the world was already in the space exploration stage, while an other part just has mastered using fire to cook their food. That wouldn't be a shared universe any more.
Aug 20, 2015 3:08 PM

Mar 2015
MetallumOperatur said:
That wouldn't be a shared universe any more.

It isn't a shared universe only in theory. In practice, it's about ignoring each other when you don't like other stories.
Aug 20, 2015 3:18 PM

Sep 2013
Malise said:
MetallumOperatur said:
That wouldn't be a shared universe any more.

It isn't a shared universe only in theory. In practice, it's about ignoring each other when you don't like other stories.

There's only one person that actually "ignored" the setting by moving to stylized.

It sounds more negative than it is when it's phrased that way because it's actually a boon that people CAN ignore stories they don't like. The setting isn't supposed to bend just because one or two writers think something should be a certain way.

It isn't reasonable (at least not any more) to expect every writer to read every single story before starting out. Once the lore database is closer to complete, however...it'll be a lot easier to say "Oh, this happened in this area some time ago <includes link>" rather than "I think Pants mentioned something about that place once...somewhere. Dunno."
Aug 21, 2015 3:40 AM

Jan 2013
Malise said:

In the end it comes to writing the story you would enjoy creating first and story other would like second. It's virtually impossible to make other writers agree with every portion of your story and it is virtually impossible to convince other writers they should write things differently. You saw discussions yourself, only right answer is not to care. If you do care, well, you will get angry and frustrated, nothing more.

If you have any idea for the story, and it's any idea at all, just write it - your own imagination is the limit!
I actually encourage to start writing.
Anything you would like.
Even if you write about a loli fox girl piloting an gigantic mecha scorching MSG Island with lasers and call in MSGC what is going to happen? It won't affect anything.

Someone would eventually slap some tag on it. It won't have any effect on anything no matter what you write.
beast_regardsAug 21, 2015 3:45 AM
Aug 21, 2015 4:37 AM

Sep 2013
beast_regards said:

Even if you write about a loli fox girl piloting an gigantic mecha scorching MSG Island with lasers and call in MSGC what is going to happen? It won't affect anything.

Don't actually do that--it's against the rules of MSGC. =P

Although...

In MSGF though, if you did the same thing with a group of other mamono...a wererabbit, a harpy of some kind, and that new frog girl...you could form a group and go on a space adventure together. You could call it like...Space Fox or something. =)
Aug 21, 2015 4:53 AM

Jan 2013
emeraldtryst said:
beast_regards said:

Which part of it? It's perfectly normal and sane idea on average anime plot.
Aug 21, 2015 4:58 AM

Sep 2013
beast_regards said:
emeraldtryst said:

Hmm...you'd have to get really creative with the mecha part. Gigantic is relative and lasers could just be magic...

You could find a golem that's big enough on the inside to fit a loli fox, or find a pixie to shrink her down enough to fit. I guess that could work =)
Aug 21, 2015 6:44 AM

Jan 2015
emeraldtryst said:
beast_regards said:

Hmm...you'd have to get really creative with the mecha part. Gigantic is relative and lasers could just be magic...

You could find a golem that's big enough on the inside to fit a loli fox, or find a pixie to shrink her down enough to fit. I guess that could work =)

I guess the simpler times where people just opened a MSG brothel are gone.... :-P
Aug 21, 2015 7:02 AM

Jan 2013
MetallumOperatur said:
I guess the simpler times where people just opened a MSG brothel are gone

Your story won't be one of the simpler ones either.
So basically, Mdude, Nox and Yuda walk into the MSGC and Beast says "Stop, this is not going to make any sense unless we add some big robot piloted by loli girl"
Which is basically how creation process for half of the anime/manga works.
Aug 21, 2015 7:18 AM

Jan 2015
beast_regards said:
MetallumOperatur said:
I guess the simpler times where people just opened a MSG brothel are gone

Your story won't be one of the simpler ones either.

Touché
Aug 21, 2015 8:47 AM

Mar 2015
beast_regards said:
So basically, Mdude, Nox and Yuda walk into the MSGC and Beast says "Stop, this is not going to make any sense unless we add some big robot piloted by loli girl"

It's a bad joke.
But I got the basics, I think.
Aug 21, 2015 9:02 AM

Sep 2013
@Beast - It's all perspective. When you really think about it, Kami's story basically had a loli girl in a giant robot. Is it all that different that it was actually an elemental in a huge-ass body/shell? Mechanically there really isn't much of a difference, though. It's in how you choose to perceive it.
Aug 21, 2015 10:52 AM

Jan 2013
emeraldtryst said:
@Beast - It's all perspective. When you really think about it, Kami's story basically had a loli girl in a giant robot. Is it all that different that it was actually an elemental in a huge-ass body/shell? Mechanically there really isn't much of a difference, though. It's in how you choose to perceive it.

Well, it was a clay golem which is actually a least complex construct in D&D if I remember correctly. There are constructs in AD&D (inevitably fantasy) setting that indeed resemble a robot. But it isn't actually the point.

Edit* plus it's kami. We won't ever make a character that resembles a loli
beast_regardsAug 21, 2015 10:58 AM
Aug 21, 2015 11:00 AM

Jan 2013
Anyway, tell me, what has more priority? Area lore or story? I can't decide
Aug 21, 2015 12:21 PM

Sep 2013
beast_regards said:

That would definitely depend on what each one actually is. They aren't necessarily mutually exclusive either.

A story potentially creates area lore, but wouldn't really be able to override any that was already existing without the right conditions/permissions. In most cases a story wouldn't really have to overwrite anything--even a lot of established locations are really "light" on defined lore.

Lets take the ruins of Blacksky as an example. A writer that took their story there could say that bandits had taken up residence, that several buildings looked like they had collapsed, that (after exploration) there were still untouched treasure vaults, etc.

They wouldn't be able to say that a tribe of feral pixies had been living for a thousand years in the pockets of the clothing hanging in an abandoned closet--it violates the lore that had already been set down. That said, I could potentially give permission for something else that I might not have considered.

If the story is basically just updating an area--let's say it's a pristine patch of wet cement--once they walk over it, there will be a set of footprints there for anyone else that happens by. This should rarely be an issue except in large-scale events which would just require the permission of the content creator or the GM/officer in the case of capital cities and other such things.

A location revision/change would be similar but would definitely require more permissions, be more rare, and have to fit with established lore. Nobody could ever discover the tomb of Ahmose's lover within the ruins of Blacksky--it doesn't and couldn't exist. But they MIGHT be able to find a magical component like "The Last Titan's Tear" that was the last tear shed when that gnome met its fate--it would just potentially need permissions from the original writer.

No "last tear" was ever mentioned, but that doesn't mean it's impossible.

So I think the things to ask would be: "What's being changed? Is it an update or a revision? Does the writer have permission to update/change/revise that location?"

edit: clarified what I was trying to say a bit
emeraldtrystAug 21, 2015 12:25 PM
Aug 21, 2015 12:39 PM

Jan 2013
emeraldtryst said:
beast_regards said:

That would definitely depend on what each one actually is. They aren't necessarily mutually exclusive either.

I actually asked if I should write my story chapter first or write-up for my region first? :-D Because I can't decide :-D (and didn't received any feedback)
Aug 21, 2015 12:46 PM

Mar 2015
As an non-aligned observer,I would say everything follow the path of minimal resistance.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (27) « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 »

More topics from this board

» [MGS] adrift in the snow (venomwolf's story) ( 1 2 3 )

venomwolf - Nov 27, 2019

121 by mugen91 »»
May 20, 1:08 PM

» Maku's main story ( 1 2 )

Maku_The_Blue - Sep 18, 2022

87 by Maku_The_Blue »»
Apr 26, 11:49 AM

» [MSG] Maku's story ( 1 2 )

Maku_The_Blue - May 7, 2018

53 by Maku_The_Blue »»
Apr 26, 11:28 AM

» [MSG] mugen's Story ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mugen91 - Aug 1, 2017

337 by YummyLunches »»
Mar 31, 2:26 PM

» [MSG] Another one by mugen

mugen91 - Jan 25, 2020

23 by YummyLunches »»
Mar 31, 1:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.