Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 3, 2013 1:12 PM
Oct 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Candor said:
Your typical argument between fanboys: Which is better of the 3 mainstream anime atm? as if they're the only battle shounen out there.
They are currently the most popular and longest which is why this thread was started, and Bleach isn't in this argument.
No one mentioned Bleach, I'm talking about the other 3.
RandomPerson3 said:
Candor said:
Your typical argument between fanboys: Which is better of the 3 mainstream anime atm? as if they're the only battle shounen out there.

You're here defending HxH? So how are we different?
Ok, you got me. :P

Nov 2012
Mkayyy said:
SetsukoHara said:
stupid fillers where Zoro cut steel chains before the fight against Mr1. I really can't forgive Toei for this kind of shit.

Wow i didn't even know that lol cos i skipped all fillers.

You've done well. You don't wanna see Robin beating up innoscent marines.

Mar 2012
The answer is easy. Because One Piece is way funnier, the messages are more relevant, the characters and their abilities are more creative, the fights are more awesome, the plot is less redundant, the main character isn't an obnoxious self-righteous douchebag, the co-star characters get ample screen time and developement instead of being pushed to the side in favor of the main character, and the side characters are actually well done.

Oh, and One Piece is the greatest piece of fiction that, does, has, ever will, or ever could exist.

Now that I have explained to you exactly why OP is so awesome, and you have inevitably become a believer thanks to my eloquent, cogent argument, won't you join me and my fellow believers as we go to praise the wonderful, magnificent, brilliant, Eichiro Oda at the great Merry temple?
Jan 3, 2013 1:19 PM

Nov 2010
RandomPerson3 said:
Mkayyy said:
SetsukoHara said:
stupid fillers where Zoro cut steel chains before the fight against Mr1. I really can't forgive Toei for this kind of shit.

You mean he has not done well, most of One Piece's fillers are actually pretty enjoyable. And Oda put in there some fillers including a couple side stories from the manga.
Jan 3, 2013 1:21 PM
Jul 2012
RandomPerson3 said:
Mkayyy said:
SetsukoHara said:

IMO the fillers weren't that bad. I watched probably every episode of one piece up to whatever and I couldn't tell which ones were the filler arcs or not. One Piece's fillers are definitely more enjoyable than FT's or Naruto's fillers.
Jan 3, 2013 1:22 PM

Aug 2009
What if the OP is Not_Biased?

Naruto Shippuuden :"This has to be the most perfect Anime out there, How can the author be such a genious?"
One Piece:"Kinda cliche and overuses Nakamapower"

All naruto movies:10
One Piece Strong World:"Felt like a 2 hour filler. The nonsense about Oda having something to do was a way to get more money."

:/
Jan 3, 2013 1:26 PM

Nov 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
RandomPerson3 said:
Mkayyy said:
SetsukoHara said:

You mean he has not done well, most of One Piece's fillers are actually pretty enjoyable. And Oda put in there some fillers including a couple side stories from the manga.

I've watched some fillerarcs (G-8 Arc, Spa Island) and even tho they are more enjoyable and far better plotted than any filler arcs I've seen I still find some of the off-characterizations extremely annoying and misleading. Just like some of the movies actually. So I wouldn't recommend them untill you at least have a grasp on the characters.
Jan 3, 2013 1:28 PM

Sep 2012
ssjokg said:

Also, he put 3 to Monster just like Not_Biased did.
Jan 3, 2013 1:29 PM

Nov 2010
RandomPerson3 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
RandomPerson3 said:
Mkayyy said:
SetsukoHara said:

I've watched some fillerarcs (G-8 Arc, Spa Island) and even tho they are more enjoyable and far better plotted than any filler arcs I've seen I still find some of the off-characterizations extremely annoying and misleading. Just like some of the movies actually. So I wouldn't recommend them untill you at least have a grasp on the characters.
Or if you know that they are fillers and are able to seperate them in your mind from the main story, but besides those plot holes I mentioned. I don't think they really changed the characters in the fillers, some of them were actually quite nice and fitting like Sanji teaching the kid how to make curry, or Chopper's first patient.
Jan 3, 2013 1:31 PM

Aug 2009
SetsukoHara said:
ssjokg said:

So case closed?
Jan 3, 2013 1:32 PM
Oct 2011
Can't we just agree that Bleach is better than all 3 of them?
Jan 3, 2013 1:34 PM

Nov 2010
Candor said:
I agree with that, because it's true. JKJKJKJKJK

ssjokg said:
SetsukoHara said:
ssjokg said:

So case closed?
Not_Biased was just online, it looks like he might be unbanned. This is going to be so fun.
Jan 3, 2013 1:34 PM

Aug 2009
Candor said:
Yes it is better in the shitty char development, shitty world development .....
Jan 3, 2013 1:36 PM

Dec 2012
IntroverTurtle said:

Not_Biased was just online, it looks like he might be unbanned. This is going to be so fun.

O god please tell me that's a lie.
Jan 3, 2013 1:37 PM

Mar 2012
Candor said:

You're full of shit, you know that? YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT!
Seriously, man, don't even joke like that!
Jan 3, 2013 1:39 PM

Nov 2010
lewycool said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Not_Biased, nope not a lie.

Last Online 1 hour ago
Jan 3, 2013 1:40 PM

Nov 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
RandomPerson3 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
RandomPerson3 said:
Mkayyy said:
SetsukoHara said:

Or if you know that they are fillers and are able to seperate them in your mind from the main story, but besides those plot holes I mentioned. I don't think they really changed the characters in the fillers, some of them were actually quite nice and fitting like Sanji teaching the kid how to make curry, or Chopper's first patient.

I disagree, Nami making the crew going back into prison, was an extreme exaggeration of her greed. And Robin litterally was cracking more spines in G8 than in the entire serie combined (even doing it just to torture marines). Also I'm not saying you shouldn't watch them if you have time left after you've caught up, but Oda's One Piece over anybody else's One Piece imo.
Jan 3, 2013 1:41 PM

Nov 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
lewycool said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Not_Biased, nope not a lie.

Last Online 1 hour ago

Jan 3, 2013 1:44 PM

May 2012
o.O i may have lied there without knowing lol i watched G8 arc and the sheep/goat arc and that stupid island where the guys stuck in a box for however many years. G8 wasn't to bad, only reason i skipped most fillers were cos i was being nagged to catch up by some friend's so i only watched what was needed.
Jan 3, 2013 1:45 PM

Sep 2012
Mkayyy said:
that stupid island where the guys stuck in a box for however many years.

That wasn't a filler.
Jan 3, 2013 1:46 PM

Nov 2012
Mkayyy said:
o.O i may have lied there without knowing lol i watched G8 arc and the sheep/goat arc and that stupid island where the guys stuck in a box for however many years. G8 wasn't to bad, only reason i skipped most fillers were cos i was being nagged to catch up by some friend's so i only watched what was needed.

That guy in the box wasn't filler, it tied in with Buggy.

Got ninja'd :(
Jan 3, 2013 1:46 PM
Oct 2011
Gandalf called it.
Jan 3, 2013 1:47 PM

Nov 2010
RandomPerson3 said:
I disagree, Nami making the crew going back into prison, was an extreme exaggeration of her greed. And Robin litterally was cracking more spines in G8 than in the entire serie combined (even doing it just to torture marines). Also I'm not saying you shouldn't watch them if you have time left after you've caught up, but Oda's One Piece over anybody else's One Piece imo.
I don't think so, she didn't make them, she convinced them. She actually didn't even need to do that because they realized why they need the money, which is to fix their beloved ship so it's more like she reminded them. After that they were all pumped up to get the money back themselves.

She's always been cracking spines, and they were done for comedic effect, that Shepherd dude was completely fine afterwards.
But watching them afterwards messes with the timeline, they were completely fine embedded in there. Like JavieR said, most people don't even realize that they are fillers, because everything fits so well. Oda's One Piece is better but you can't say I won't watch anyone elses, you can enjoy fillers.

Candor said:
Gandalf called it.
Not really, nobody is arguing about what you said. It's the same as it was before you got in here.
Jan 3, 2013 1:48 PM

Dec 2009
I only watch OP but one thing that has always stood out to me about it (even compared with other anime) is that Oda seems to cherish secondary characters almost as much as he does his main characters. They start out as almost arbitrary background characters, but by the time the arc is done they're fully developed characters with personalities, history and a fanbase.

Some examples are Kokoro, Chimney & Gonbe from the CP9 Saga, or Lola from the Thriller Bark Arc. They are essentially one note characters when they first appear but by the end they've actually played a huge part in the events and pretty much solidify their position in One Piece lore. The fact that Oda manages to pull this off every single arc without failure is nothing short of incredible.
Ara ara.
Jan 3, 2013 1:49 PM

May 2012
SetsukoHara said:
Mkayyy said:

That wasn't a filler.

o.O I stopped watching op for a while cos of that stupid arc
Jan 3, 2013 1:50 PM
Oct 2011
IntroverTurtle said:

Candor said:
Gandalf called it.
Not really, nobody is arguing about what you said. It's the same as it was before you got in here.
Jan 3, 2013 1:53 PM

Nov 2010
Mkayyy said:
SetsukoHara said:
Mkayyy said:

That wasn't a filler.

Really, he was only in there for like two episodes.

If you ever rewatch it, you have to watch all the fillers. Don't even look them up, just watch everything in order, it's funner since some of the fillers fit in with the story. Like the G8 arc which was a different way for them to show them landing after leaving Skypia and explained the ship getting hurt.
Jan 3, 2013 1:55 PM

Nov 2011
Candor said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Candor said:
Gandalf called it.

It's cause everyone knows it's true. X)
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jan 3, 2013 1:56 PM

Dec 2009
Mkayyy said:
SetsukoHara said:
Mkayyy said:

That wasn't a filler.

WTF? Gaimon is one of the most hilarious characters in 'early' One Piece.
Ara ara.
Jan 3, 2013 1:59 PM
Oct 2011
Ragix said:
Candor said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Candor said:
Gandalf called it.

It's cause everyone knows it's true. X)
They were just agreeing in their own way. The forums are full of tsunderes, never realized it until now.
Jan 3, 2013 2:00 PM

Nov 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
RandomPerson3 said:
I don't think so, she didn't make them, she convinced them. She actually didn't even need to do that because they realized why they need the money, which is to fix their beloved ship so it's more like she reminded them. After that they were all pumped up to get the money back themselves.

She's always been cracking spines, and they were done for comedic effect, that Shepherd dude was completely fine afterwards.
But watching them afterwards messes with the timeline, they were completely fine embedded in there. Like JavieR said, most people don't even realize that they are fillers, because everything fits so well. Oda's One Piece is better but you can't say I won't watch anyone elses, you can enjoy fillers.

I'll admit you have a point with Nami, but I'm still not convinced about Robin tho. Also the Merry getting hurt part actually made it worse watching it, but that's obviously after I knew the outcome. And we've only been talking about G8, never heard anything good about Warship Island (didn't watch it so wouldn't know). Also they make the Foxy-Arc longer who would recommend that?
Jan 3, 2013 2:01 PM
Nov 2010
IntroverTurtle said:
Candor said:
I agree with that, because it's true. JKJKJKJKJK

ssjokg said:
SetsukoHara said:
ssjokg said:

So case closed?
Jan 3, 2013 2:06 PM

Nov 2010
RandomPerson3 said:
I'll admit you have a point with Nami, but I'm still not convinced about Robin tho. Also the Merry getting hurt part actually made it worse watching it, but that's obviously after I knew the outcome. And we've only been talking about G8, never heard anything good about Warship Island (didn't watch it so wouldn't know). Also they make the Foxy-Arc longer who would recommend that?
Either am I on the Robin part, but this is the first time I've heard somone mention this at all. I didn't notice any extra back breaking at all.

What do you mean by Merry getting hurt actually made it worse?

The Warship Island arc was ok, it had a small plothole where Zoro cut some steel chains, and that's where the character who snuck on the ship and came out on deck while they were climbing reverse mountain came from. It wasn't bad and it wasn't extremely good.

Believe it or not, some people actually liked the Foxy arc, the fillers were there just because it was an easy place to put them at, and wouldn't mess with the story.
Jan 3, 2013 2:14 PM

Nov 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
RandomPerson3 said:
Either am I on the Robin part, but this is the first time I've heard somone mention this at all. I didn't notice any extra back breaking at all.

The Warship Island arc was ok, it had a small plothole where Zoro cut some steel chains, and that's where the character who snuck on the ship and came out on deck while they were climbing reverse mountain came from. It wasn't bad and it wasn't extremely good.

Believe it or not, some people actually liked the Foxy arc, the fillers were there just because it was an easy place to put them at, and wouldn't mess with the story.

Idk, Foxy Arc gave me a headache. Had a laugh or two, but after that meh. They like turned into the Team Rocket of One Piece after there first appearance.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jan 3, 2013 2:17 PM

Nov 2012
IntroverTurtle said:

Jan 3, 2013 2:18 PM

Nov 2010
Ragix said:
Idk, Foxy Arc gave me a headache. Had a laugh or two, but after that meh. They like turned into the Team Rocket of One Piece after there first appearance.
Yeah well they have only showed up in filler arcs since their fist appearence. I think it would be interesting if we see them in the New World. Though I would kind of lose all hope in the dangerousness of the Grandline if they were able to make it through, though they are tricky.

RandomPerson3 said:
IntroverTurtle said:

That's a weird way to watch it, and if you watched it in the correct timeline then you wouldn't have had that problem.
Jan 3, 2013 2:19 PM
Oct 2011
The only good thing in Foxy arc was that it leads to Aokiji's appearance, with that appearance all the pain from watching Foxy arc and the 150 episodes before it disappeared.
Candor123Jan 3, 2013 2:22 PM
Jan 3, 2013 3:34 PM

Mar 2012
kimmy122122 said:

That statement, you make it sound like Fairy Tail is shit.

You needa check my list then, I dont hate it, in fact, I like it. But the fights are way too one sided.

-Miyu- said:
Well, that was my opinion. I said, "If you ask me..." l2read

... And? What does that got to do with what I said? Lol

The fact his asking that kind of question without even seeing the series annoys me, not to mention giving a comment on Strong World; "Felt like 2 hour filler" compare to the, lets see... about 15 hour of fillers of Naruto?

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Jan 3, 2013 5:03 PM
May 2012
Deathraver said:

I really dont want to hear that from someone who favorites Fairy Tail.

Deathraver said:

You needa check my list then, I dont hate it, in fact, I like it.

Please stop contradicting yourself.
Jan 3, 2013 5:42 PM

Mar 2012
-Miyu- said:
Deathraver said:

Deathraver said:

...? So saying "its overrated" means I hate it? Really?

You're the one contradicting yourself. You declare an overrated show overrated, yet you like a more overrated show.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Jan 3, 2013 5:45 PM
May 2012
Deathraver said:
-Miyu- said:
Deathraver said:

Deathraver said:

...? So saying "its overrated" means I hate it? Really?

You're the one is contradicting yourself.

Now you're just not making any sense.

I never stated you calling it "overrated," nor for that matter, would you "hate" it.

I'm not contradicting myself. If so, please show an example of me doing so. If you cannot, please stop making false accusations.

And once again, l2read.

Love the editing...

Deathraver said:
You declare an overrated show overrated, yet you like a more overrated show.
Considering the fact that OP and Naruto are on the same level of rating as FT, and both containing more fillers, how is FT more overrated?

Now you're just being ignorant.
Jan 3, 2013 5:47 PM

Mar 2012
-Miyu- said:

I never stated you calling it "overrated," nor for that matter, would you "hate" it.

I'm not contradicting myself. If so, please show an example of me doing so. If you cannot, please stop making false accusations.

And once again, l2read.

/facepalm

I wont even bother correcting you and leave this topic in discussion. I really think you need to read your own words carefully.. especially "l2read". I can take it into your profile but not here.

EDIT: Does Naruto and FT have a rating of 8.65? Brb gonna check.
skwok-ravenJan 3, 2013 5:52 PM

Jan 3, 2013 5:52 PM
May 2012
Deathraver said:
-Miyu- said:

And once again, l2read.

I really think you need to read your own words carefully.

Says the one who's grammar makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Deathraver said:

EDIT: Does Naruto and FT have a rating of 8.65?

Are you trying to prove my point? lol, I'll take it.

Deathraver said:
Brb gonna check.

Great...you didn't even research before arguing. k
Jan 3, 2013 5:55 PM

Nov 2010
-Miyu- said:
Considering the fact that OP and Naruto are on the same level of rating as FT, and both containing more fillers, how is FT more overrated?

Fillers =/= bring down rating
Jan 3, 2013 5:57 PM

Oct 2011
It looks like this thread became a discussion about the One Piece fillers.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Jan 3, 2013 5:58 PM
May 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
-Miyu- said:

Once again, nowhere did I say that...
Jan 3, 2013 5:58 PM

Mar 2012
-Miyu- said:
Deathraver said:
-Miyu- said:

And once again, l2read.

Deathraver said:

Are you trying to prove my
-Miyu- said:
Deathraver said:
-Miyu- said:

And once again, l2read.

Deathraver said:

Are you trying to prove my point? lol, I'll take it.

Deathraver said:
Brb gonna check.

Great...you didn't even research before arguing. k

Sigh... so One Piece's rating of 8.6 and Naruto's 7.9 are the same? Lolwut?
Not to mention in selling, One Piece's volumes are millions away from Naruto's

Jan 3, 2013 6:03 PM
May 2012

Okay, I seriously think you aren't even reading anymore.

I already mentioned I have no problem with OP being considered better. OP, Naruto, FT are all within range of 1 on the rating scale. That's close enough; of course they're not going to be exactly the same.

Oh, and you're completely ignoring the matter that you contradicted yourself before.
Jan 3, 2013 6:16 PM

Nov 2010
-Miyu- said:
IntroverTurtle said:
-Miyu- said:

Once again, nowhere did I say that...
If you didn't mean it like that then my bad, but it sounds like you're saying that since Fairy Tail doesn't have as much filler then it's not as overrated.
IntroverTurtleJan 3, 2013 6:20 PM
Jan 3, 2013 6:21 PM

Mar 2012
-Miyu- said:
Deathraver said:

Deathraver said:

^ I dont see how thats contradicting. I clearly never said that I hate it. So liking Fairy Tail means its my favourite? Is that what you meant? My first statement applies that you saying something is overrated yet you like another overrated show, meaning, that your first opinion, doesnt mean anything to me, since you're someone who also likes a fellow overrated show.

And also its like, you want to try to start something, with your comment on "Oh, and you're completely ignoring ... yourself before"

Please, explain more, as to how its contradicting because I really cannot see it. I dont mind you "winning" this argument, I would rather like this to stop. Because the past pages seems to be off-topic.

Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 632 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AzurePisces - Feb 8, 2014

99 by GT1Studios »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Hottest Woman in One Piece?

kian_lad20 - Sep 22

34 by Twatin »»
15 minutes ago

» One piece live action

OiJosuke_____ - Yesterday

20 by Loaf_dontcare »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 218 Discussion

Kaito__Kid - Nov 17, 2009

40 by Titanfan93 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 596 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wind_Sr - May 18, 2013

59 by TheAquilaSamurai »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.