Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 30, 2012 12:13 PM

Oct 2011
Just added in the Marquardt-Woodley match up that I totally forgot about. Probably forgot because I really could care less about this match up. Nate has never fought at welterweight, and I don't approve of Strikeforce gifting him a title shot in a class he's never fought at, simply because he's a fighter with some name recognition. And Woodley is about as interesting to watch fight as a treestump, but slightly more tolerable than his counterpart Askren in Bellator. Would be neat to see Marquardt pull of the W, but I don't see it happening.
Jul 9, 2012 10:15 PM

Oct 2011
There went the highly anticipated UFC 148. Probably won't get that pumped for a fight until the Jones-Henderson match up rolls around in a couple of months. Anyone actually watching the Strikeforce this weekend besides me?
Jul 10, 2012 3:42 AM
Jul 2018
Overhyped card but ah well.

I wont be able to for the Strikeforce card so will only know about results the day after.
Jul 10, 2012 8:20 AM

Oct 2011
Well, that's always the problem with a card like that. They through mountains of hype into it, there was no way it'd actually live up to it. I wasn't looking for an all around incredible card. I knew that wouldn't happen, and quite frankly could give two fucks less about anything on that card besides the Silva-Sonnen match up.
Aug 24, 2012 7:10 PM

Feb 2009
My predictions for upcoming title fights...

Jones over Belfort ... TKO RD2
Johnson over Benevidez ... Decision
Sep 3, 2012 10:21 AM

Oct 2011
You'd really take Johnson over Benevidez? Interesting.
Oct 29, 2012 5:00 AM

Oct 2012
Yo yo, GSP v. Condit incoming!

Oct 29, 2012 11:16 AM

Feb 2009
Xentrix- said:

Felt like this fight would never happen haha, only a few weeks away finally!

I'll take GSP by decision, safest choice most likely.
Anyone else?
Oct 29, 2012 1:11 PM
Jul 2018
Carlos Condit by TKO- round 3

and well done Baboon on getting the Johnson vs Benevidez fight spot on :)
Oct 30, 2012 2:16 PM

Oct 2012
The 'old' GSP would take Condit no problem, but it's hard to comment on GSP's current condition. It's either GSP by decision or submission or Condit pulls off a knockout. Eh, there is only one way to find out and I'm going for Pierre, since he's an exemplary fighter for me.

Nov 4, 2012 2:33 PM

Apr 2012
baboon said:
Xentrix- said:

Felt like this fight would never happen haha, only a few weeks away finally!

I'll take GSP by decision, safest choice most likely.
Anyone else?

I foresee five rounds of Condit on his back with GSP taking a nap on top of him followed by lots of Canadian cheering when they announce the decision.
Nov 4, 2012 5:06 PM

Feb 2009
DrunkenBlowfish said:

I foresee five rounds of Condit on his back with GSP taking a nap on top of him followed by lots of Canadian cheering when they announce the decision.

That would be so depressing... GSP really needs to return to what he once was. He used to be so fun to watch, now hes just another guy fighting to win rounds.
Nov 5, 2012 1:40 PM

Apr 2012
*cough* -fuckgregjackson-
Dec 19, 2012 8:19 PM
Jul 2018
I was so close with getting the Condit prediction right- if only he had more effective Ground and pound to get the TKO.
Dec 31, 2012 11:52 AM

Oct 2011
Flamereel17 said:
I was so close with getting the Condit prediction right- if only he had more effective Ground and pound to get the TKO.

>Ground and pound to get the TKO
>to get the TKO
>TKO

GSP doesn't know what a TKO is my friend.
Dec 31, 2012 1:36 PM

Feb 2009
Thanks for updating it... lol the Jones gif

Marquardt TKO Tarec R3 ... umm who?
Dodson decision Johnson ... should be an awesome close fight, no idea who to pick really
Aldo decision Edgar
Barao TKO McDonald R2 ... this division is building itself up while Cruz is away
Rousey ARMBAR Carmouche R1 ... yeah....
GSP TKO Diaz R3 ... taking a shot for a finish on this one :/
Jones TKO Sonnen R2 ... Chael then gets a heavyweight title shot in July for no reason
Dec 31, 2012 1:47 PM

Oct 2011
baboon said:
Thanks for updating it... lol the Jones gif

Marquardt TKO Tarec R3 ... umm who?
Dodson decision Johnson ... should be an awesome close fight, no idea who to pick really
Aldo decision Edgar
Barao TKO McDonald R2 ... this division is building itself up while Cruz is away
Rousey ARMBAR Carmouche R1 ... yeah....
GSP TKO Diaz R3 ... taking a shot for a finish on this one :/
Jones TKO Sonnen R2 ... Chael then gets a heavyweight title shot in July for no reason

Yeah, Dodson is a character for sure. I'm pretty excited to watch these two guys go at it.

I feel like Cruz will never come back. Double knee surgery on the same knee..back to back? It's hard to see him coming back Adrian Peterson/GSP style and be back in full swing.

Lol GSP pick.
Jan 1, 2013 8:50 AM

Feb 2009
lordzeru said:

I feel like Cruz will never come back. Double knee surgery on the same knee..back to back? It's hard to see him coming back Adrian Peterson/GSP style and be back in full swing.

Lol GSP pick.

Yeah thats going to be a rough recovery for Cruz, really sucks because he does have alot of skill. I wonder though if this will be another Mir, where they have to strip his title in order to move the division forward... interim titles shouldnt last longer then a year IMO.

GSP needs to come through eventually lol. Diaz is a tough dude but his face can swell up from punishment sometimes, thats what I think could happen :/

DrunkenBlowfish said:

Winner haha
Still havent seen the fight, heard it was more action this time which is a RE-start for GSP lol
baboonJan 1, 2013 8:55 AM
Jan 1, 2013 1:28 PM

Oct 2011
baboon said:

Yeah thats going to be a rough recovery for Cruz, really sucks because he does have alot of skill. I wonder though if this will be another Mir, where they have to strip his title in order to move the division forward... interim titles shouldnt last longer then a year IMO.

GSP needs to come through eventually lol. Diaz is a tough dude but his face can swell up from punishment sometimes, thats what I think could happen :/l

Yeah, I think Renan will probably get promoted to undisputed level here soon, if he can defend against McDoland. There's no reason he shouldn't be, not with Cruz out for this amount of time.

GSP is a tough dude, but GSP swells up a lot more than Diaz does.

This is GSP after the Condit fight. Despite winning dominantly, GSP still takes a massive beating. I think there's a better chance of Diaz winning via doctor stoppage (which I don't really consider a TKO) than GSP does of stopping Diaz with ground and pound.
Jan 7, 2013 7:29 AM
Jul 2018
lordzeru said:
Flamereel17 said:

>Ground and pound to get the TKO
>to get the TKO
>TKO

GSP doesn't know what a TKO is my friend.

I predicted Condit to get the TKO if you look back :P
Jan 7, 2013 7:46 AM
Jul 2018
Nate Marquardt (32-10-2) vs Tarec Saffiedine (13-3)

Nate via TKO round 4

Demetrious Johnson (16-2-1) vs John Dodson (14-5)

Dodson via KO round 5

Jose Aldo (21-1) vs Frank Edgar (14-3-1)

Frankie Edgar via Decision

Renan Pagado (29-1) vs Michael McDonald (15-1)

Barao via Submission Round 3

Ronda Rousey (6-0) vs Liz Carmouche (7-2)

Ronda via Armbar Round 1

Georges St. Pierre (23-2) vs Nick Diaz (26-8)

Diaz via Decision

Jon Jones (17-1) vs Shale Sonnen (27-12-1)

Jon Jones via TKO Elbows round 2
Jan 7, 2013 7:49 AM

Oct 2011
Flamereel17 said:

I predicted Condit to get the TKO if you look back :P

Ah, okay. That makes more sense than to make outrageous claims of a 'GSP TKO'.
Jan 7, 2013 7:56 AM

Nov 2011
MFW Sonnen is going to pull something out of his ass and defeat Jones. I can feel it in my bones.
The Art of Eight
Jan 9, 2013 7:46 AM

Oct 2011
dankickyou said:
MFW Sonnen is going to pull something out of his ass and defeat Jones. I can feel it in my bones.

I don't think I could handle the excitement my body would experience.

Also, just updated with the new poster image for UFC 157. I have never seen the chick Rousey is fighting in my entire life. Something tells me this will be her only main card fight of the entire rest of her career. This is something pathetic, I tell you what.
Jan 9, 2013 7:56 AM
Jul 2018
The women's division is the Ronda Rousey show for Dana White so it's all or nothing if its included in the UFC if she wins or loses, quite sad really :/
Jan 9, 2013 1:08 PM

Oct 2011
Flamereel17 said:
The women's division is the Ronda Rousey show for Dana White so it's all or nothing if its included in the UFC if she wins or loses, quite sad really :/

I'd still die if Rousey lost somehow. Dana's glorious plans for Rousey would be shattered. I would if he'd disband the women's division entirely? It seems like him and the UFC have a lot invested in Rousey, and if she comes up short it'd be huge blow to the credibility he's desperately trying to establish for WMMA.

On the other hand of bad bosses, we have Bjorn with his bloodsucking contracts, keeping Eddie Alvarez out of action with a lawsuit because obviously Eddie doesn't want to compete for Bellator anymore.
Jan 10, 2013 5:16 PM
Jul 2018
You never know in MMA :L. The money signs in dana eyes would break if that ever happened xD. I think that he's using Ronda to say we have the biggest star in WMMA and she's going to dominate over any other competition. I think it would have been better if Dana signed more than just two women fighters to fight and have others come in to show that WMMA in the UFC isn't all about just Ronda Rousey.

If you watched the MMA hour- Eddie showed that he really doesn't want to fight with Bellator and is seriously pissed off about the matching period that Bellator have included in it. It happened with Tyson Nam as well a few months back after he Ko'ed their champ Dantas in Brazil. Maybe this would put fighters off going to Bellator if it keeps on dragging on out as it is.
Jan 15, 2013 1:43 PM

Oct 2011
I cannot WAIT for the Bendo-Melendez fight. This is a dream match up.
Feb 28, 2013 9:07 PM

Apr 2012
So was anyone here NOT expecting Rousey, Arm Bar, Round 1?
Mar 1, 2013 4:59 PM

Feb 2009
DrunkenBlowfish said:

lol yeah it was basically a free one for everyone. Though it was 10 seconds from going to the 2nd round
Mar 14, 2013 6:23 PM

Apr 2012
baboon said:
DrunkenBlowfish said:

lol yeah it was basically a free one for everyone. Though it was 10 seconds from going to the 2nd round
Still, that fight went exactly as expected.

Also, gonna go ahead and say GSP - decision.
Apr 14, 2013 1:11 PM

Feb 2009
So who does everyone have winning the next 2 title fights?

I'll take Henderson decision vs Melendez
and Jones tko Sonnen in rd3
Apr 16, 2013 8:20 PM

Oct 2011
I pick Henderson also. I think he's better at everything.

It's hard to pick what Jones will do sometimes. He's capable of putting Sonnen away in the first, but he's also growing more and more cautious every fight, and seems to be more willing to break down his opponents. He played it safe against Rashad, and systemically picked apart Belfort after the initial scare as well.
Apr 29, 2013 12:03 AM

Oct 2011
Seemed the old Jones came to fight last night. The Jones that came in and smashed the Janitor, Vera, and Matt Hamill. The one I said was very capable of putting Sonnen away fast.
Aug 27, 2013 8:58 PM

Jun 2012
For some of the upcoming title fights I'm currently thinking-

Pettis beats Henderson by decision
Jones beats Gustaffson by..not sure either TKO (on the ground) or submission I'd think
Hendricks beats GSP by KO/TKO/submission via strikes
Weidman beats Silva by TKO (on the ground) or submission
"The f**ker who goes round beating people to a pulp. He thinks it'll never happen to himself. But there's gonna be a day when the f**ker gets f**king beaten to a pulp too. But that day's f**king today and the guy doing the beating is a f**king c**t." - Sang-hoon, Breathless (2009)
Oct 17, 2013 4:50 PM

Feb 2009
Going with Cain Velasquez by TKO vs JDS in round 3.

Way late but just saw your pic for Anderson Silva in the first post, lol nice.
Oct 18, 2013 2:14 AM

Oct 2011
I should really update this thread, haha.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» what was your WORST moment as an mma fan?

GregRocks - Feb 22, 2012

20 by byoushin »»
Dec 18, 2014 1:27 PM

» Fights Where You Were Seriously Concerned For A Fighter

GregRocks - Jan 8, 2013

6 by alex_stungunace »»
Feb 11, 2014 5:25 PM

» Epic fights that you hated to watch

GregRocks - Mar 21, 2012

3 by wolffanghameha »»
Jan 3, 2014 9:21 AM

» MMA 2012.

lordzeru - Jan 3, 2013

2 by lordzeru »»
Jan 6, 2013 10:58 AM

» Your Dream Fight

GregRocks - Feb 17, 2012

11 by baboon »»
Dec 22, 2012 5:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.