Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (23) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 18, 2010 1:22 PM

Apr 2009
Huh, didn't think you were going to fix that. Oh well, good work! You'll be seeing more of my nagging when I come across another bug.
Jan 1, 2011 7:46 AM

Feb 2009
I have a problem with Taiga, specifically when I popped in my Ah! My Goddess Movie DVD.

Pop a DVD Movie into your DVD drive and you'll see that Taiga crashes.

Here is the call stack, where around where its happening.
Taiga.exe!CRecognition::ExamineTitle(std::basic_string<wchar_t,std::char_traits<wchar_t>,std::allocator<wchar_t> > title, CEpisode & episode, bool examine_inside, bool examine_outside, bool examine_number, bool check_extras, bool check_extension) Line 255

I think Taiga has a bit of trouble recognizing DVD Movies.

Also, I'm using Media Player Classic Homecinema 1.4.2677.0 on Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit.

Edit: Okay, I managed to pull in a bit more data about what is causing it... I think.

Here is the Episode variable (Don't ask me why the folder is to only my railgun when it should be the DVD, might be because I was listening to only my railgun while the error occured):
episode {Index=-1 File="DVD" Folder="G:\Music\fripSide\only my railgun\" ...} CEpisode &
__vfptr 0x013733ec const CEpisode::`vftable' *
Index -1 int
File "DVD"
Folder "G:\Music\fripSide\only my railgun\"
Format ""
Title ""
Name ""
Group ""
Number "24647"
Version ""
Resolution ""
AudioType ""
VideoType ""
Checksum ""
Extra "DVD"

And here is str_left on the line it breaks at
str_left ""
DiablofanJan 1, 2011 8:14 AM

Jan 1, 2011 8:19 AM

Nov 2007
I don't think recognizing DVD movies is possible at all, but I didn't expect them to cause a crash. Well, who does. Anyway, I tried with a concert DVD and got the same error. It's fixed now.
Jan 1, 2011 8:23 AM

Feb 2009
Like I say a lot: Always expect the unexpected. Which is part of the reason why I'm still expecting the spanish inquisition.

And good to hear that its fixed. ^_^

Jan 8, 2011 1:14 AM

Nov 2009
There seems to be a typo in media.xml, MPCHC part
<file>mpc-hc.exe64</file>

Also, I think it'd be nice to add non-K-Lite Paths, since not everyone around uses MPCHC with K-Lite (it has its own codecs after all). So, to add

<folder>%ProgramW6432%\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\</folder>
<folder>%ProgramFiles%\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\</folder>

The interesting part may be that someone has both x86 and x64 versions, so I guess this order implies that x64 will be selected first?
Jan 8, 2011 6:20 PM

Nov 2007
I've fixed the typo and added those folders you'd suggested, thanks. Now I'm trying to remember why I'd changed the second environment variable from "%ProgramFiles(x86)%" to "%ProgramW6432%" in the first place... ^^;

On an x64 system, x64 version of a player takes precedence according to that order, yes. But that doesn't mean much, since folder values are currently only used at settings dialog to show if a player is installed or not. Though I'll be adding an option to choose which media player you want to run episodes via Taiga.
Jan 8, 2011 6:59 PM

Nov 2007
Okay, I've got it. It was because of the fact that Taiga was running as an 32-bit application even on 64-bit systems. So, for Taiga:

On 64-bit OS:
%ProgramFiles% -> "C:Program Files (x86)"
%ProgramW6432% -> "C:Program Files"
On 32-bit OS:
%ProgramFiles% -> "C:Program Files"
%ProgramW6432% -> ""
Jan 10, 2011 7:48 PM

May 2008
It was pointed out to me that the tooltip for the search button in the main window says "Log out"... minor of course, but should be fixed. :3

I am a banana.
Jan 18, 2011 7:15 PM

May 2008
Taiga seems to trust the list xml for the counts in each status, but the stats that mal provides are often not up to date and can result in misleading counts or even negative ones after a few deletions:

from the xml, where 4 entries are actually present:

There is a current issue with MAL where some users' profile stats have not updated for more than 3 months, so Taiga should probably use its own internal count. The stats will eventually catch up, but should not be trusted blindly.

I am a banana.
Jan 19, 2011 1:54 AM

Nov 2007
It is my pleasure to inform you that the issues with your last two posts are no more, Norris-sama.
Jan 19, 2011 8:17 AM

May 2008
My cover is blown.

I am a banana.
Jan 19, 2011 3:05 PM

Mar 2007
I'm having an issue with Taiga where it crashes every time I try to add something as Complete, that wasn't on my list. This is by using the search feature to search MAL, then right click and add as.

Any other status but Complete seems to work fine :S
You've come a long way, baby.
Jan 19, 2011 8:09 PM

Nov 2009
discovered a problem which won't let taiga save new Anime item unless it has all fields set (folder, fansub group, aliases). fixed.

also, knowing that even Windows doesn't like to close programs properly on shutdown, I think it might be good to have means of manual and timed save. In my patch I added respective action, toolbar button and added saving every 15 minutes (but I think that saving on editing group or aliases filed may work just as well, what do you think?)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4323220/taiga/savesettings.patch

save button (just a suggestion) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4323220/taiga/11.png
from the same icon set you've been using, attribution is good xD

and also, please remove mime:type property from dlg_main.cpp, it doesn't let me to diff it properly ^) the whole new file http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4323220/taiga/dlg_main.cpp

one more gui issue, with progress bars - if total number of episodes is unknown (internally zero, I suppose), and watched/buffer bar is more than zero, it tries to draw itself to somewhere right

regarding the previous one - tried to add anime as completed to SVNr51, worked fine
slevirJan 19, 2011 8:51 PM
Jan 20, 2011 3:16 AM

Nov 2007
Kimura said:
I'm having an issue with Taiga where it crashes every time I try to add something as Complete, that wasn't on my list. This is by using the search feature to search MAL, then right click and add as.

I tried to reproduce the crash on both the latest public release and the developer build, with multiple titles and different login states, but it just didn't happen. I'm going to investigate it further, but could you try doing it with default settings (quit Taiga, take a backup of Settings.xml, delete Settings.xml, run Taiga, don't change any other than account settings) in the mean time, or could you send me (delete passwords, post to pastebin.com) your Settings.xml file? Also, which OS is it that you use?

slevir said:
knowing that even Windows doesn't like to close programs properly on shutdown, I think it might be good to have means of manual and timed save. In my patch I added respective action, toolbar button and added saving every 15 minutes (but I think that saving on editing group or aliases filed may work just as well, what do you think?)

You've just burnt the house to fright the mouse away :D Seriously though, that wasn't necessary at all. Saving whenever a setting gets changed is enough, which was already being done in most cases. I've covered the remaining ones now.

Windows does close programs properly on shutdown by the way. If Taiga doesn't, then it's my fault for not responding to related messages as I'm supposed to.

slevir said:
and also, please remove mime:type property from dlg_main.cpp, it doesn't let me to diff it properly

Done.

slevir said:
one more gui issue, with progress bars - if total number of episodes is unknown (internally zero, I suppose), and watched/buffer bar is more than zero, it tries to draw itself to somewhere right

Fixed.
Jan 20, 2011 4:56 AM

Nov 2009
erengy said:
You've just burnt the house to fright the mouse away :D Seriously though, that wasn't necessary at all. Saving whenever a setting gets changed is enough, which was already being done in most cases. I've covered the remaining ones now.

lol, not really, save button was more for testing :3

Windows does close programs properly on shutdown by the way. If Taiga doesn't, then it's my fault for not responding to related messages as I'm supposed to.

hm, really? well, if settings are saved each time you change them, no point in saving once more on exit...
btw, I don't see changes on SVN - forgot to commit? ^)
Jan 20, 2011 6:20 AM

Nov 2007
I was planning to commit after making more tests but sure, I'll do it now then.
Jan 20, 2011 10:09 AM

Mar 2007
erengy said:
Kimura said:

I tried to reproduce the crash on both the latest public release and the developer build, with multiple titles and different login states, but it just didn't happen. I'm going to investigate it further, but could you try doing it with default settings (quit Taiga, take a backup of Settings.xml, delete Settings.xml, run Taiga, don't change any other than account settings) in the mean time, or could you send me (delete passwords, post to pastebin.com) your Settings.xml file? Also, which OS is it that you use?

PM'd you the Pastebin link, let me know if I did it right as I have no experience with either XML or using Pastebin :P

Also, did what you suggested as far as the Settings.xml goes, and wouldn't you know it, it works fine now. And I'm using Windows 7 64-bit.
You've come a long way, baby.
Jan 21, 2011 12:01 AM

Nov 2007
Yup, you did almost perfectly (: It crashed for me too using your settings, I'll be trying to figure out the cause and fixing it now. Thanks for taking your time. (Edit: It's fixed!)

By the way, I don't know if those hard drives you have are for anime videos only, but if not, you might want to change your anime folders to something like "J:\Anime" instead of just "J:\" so that search functions work faster.
erengyJan 21, 2011 11:39 AM
Jan 21, 2011 9:38 AM

Nov 2009
found player recognition bug on WinXPx64. The bug itself is that Taiga won't recognize running MPCHCx64, even though it finds it in its folder and is able to run it.

Investigating a bit further with DarkElve, we found out that GetWindowPath() returns empty string for MPCHCx64 window, and because of that player check fails.
Commenting lines 122, 123, 130, 131 in mediaplayers.cpp (as of SVNr52) solves the problem.

What I want to ask there - why do you check paths in the first place? I don't really think that some other piece of software will use some player's window class name for own window...
Jan 21, 2011 11:39 AM

Nov 2007
slevir said:
found player recognition bug on WinXPx64. The bug itself is that Taiga won't recognize running MPCHCx64, even though it finds it in its folder and is able to run it.

Investigating a bit further with DarkElve, we found out that GetWindowPath() returns empty string for MPCHCx64 window, and because of that player check fails.
Commenting lines 122, 123, 130, 131 in mediaplayers.cpp (as of SVNr52) solves the problem.

Well, I was kind of expecting this to happen, even though I'd not been able to test it on XP x64. Taiga, as a 32-bit application, is not able to retrieve path information of a 64-bit process (MPC-HC x64) using GetModuleFileNameEx API. That's why I included a call to QueryFullProcessImageName API in r19 but it's only supported by Vista and above. I can add a special case for XP x64 so that file names are not compared, but that brings about other recognition issues (see the next paragraph). Only proper solution I can think of is to provide a 64-bit version of Taiga, but unfortunately that's not going to happen overnight.

slevir said:
What I want to ask there - why do you check paths in the first place? I don't really think that some other piece of software will use some player's window class name for own window...

No need to look at other software, even some media players share the same window class name as you can see in Media.xml. Some of them use the default names provided by the environment they are developed in (TApplication for Delphi, QWidget for Qt), some have a window named "Winamp v1.x" to emulate Winamp API and so on. That's why it's necessary to check other properties such as file names in order to tell apart SMPlayer from VLC for example.
Jan 21, 2011 7:46 PM

Nov 2009
hm, well, I was expecting it to be Windows restriction... okay, for now some modified own builds for those interested would suffice, I think. It'd be nice to see x64 version of Taiga one day though :3
Jan 21, 2011 9:47 PM

Nov 2009
if progress bar buffer shows available episodes, its length equals to one episode, even if there's more available

btw, regarding old bug with bars going wild...
slevirJan 21, 2011 11:08 PM
Feb 7, 2011 4:13 AM

Nov 2007
For those who use SVN builds, have you noticed anything odd with finding/playing new episodes? Some episodes are not found for me even though they're among others with the same naming convention, and when I test it from IDE in debug mode, it just never happens. I want to release v0.7 this week but this unpleasant 'bug' haunts me.
Feb 7, 2011 7:32 AM

Feb 2009
I haven't gotten any bugs, except for with the latest Kara no Kyoukai special. [66]_Kara_no_Kyoukai_-_Epilogue_[4B3A8EDF].mkv wasn't being found when checking for new episodes. Though I think thats just a general recognition issue.

Also, another thing I've been meaning to report is when using the "Open Folder" context menu item, some of the folders aren't found. Specifically when opening the folders for Hayate no Gotoku! and Hayate no Gotoku!!. Both seem to open the folder for just Hayate no Gotoku!.

Feb 8, 2011 4:37 PM

Nov 2009
didn't notice anything strange. PlayNext() calls the same search function, right?
Feb 10, 2011 4:24 PM

May 2008
Okay... I may have run into the "won't playnext" bug you're looking for eren, but i can't be sure....

I noticed when doing a PlayNext for Naruto 197 I got a not found despite "[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden - 197 [720p].mkv" being in a root folder. When I opened it manually it was detected as episode 19 instead of 197 so it may be a recognition error. It had no problem with 192-196 so i can only assume some kind of weird recognition or memory buffer issue. It seems to occur only in a release build and not in debug mode, like you observed.

edit: and after relaunching the program, it works fine too.... so some kind of memory issue... can't seem to reproduce now.

There is also an issue with single episode titles where taiga inconsistently searches for them as episode 0 or episode 1 depending on whether you call from the context menu or a click action... and hence it may let you play the "next" episode by replaying the first/only one... that may be by design, but if you click to play episode 1 of a one-episode series you've already completed it seems to also fail.
sakaFeb 10, 2011 4:45 PM

I am a banana.
Feb 13, 2011 3:32 AM

Nov 2007
That memory issue should be fixed now; I couldn't reproduce it after applying the fix at least. I noticed that only the first and last characters (as in "19" instead of "197" or "-HARO Raws" instead of "E-HARO Raws") get cut off, causing wrong or no recognition. So I set up some "traps" across the code and managed to track it down to a single trimming function within CRecognition::ExamineTitle, after several restarts to be able to reproduce the issue... Phew... In before v0.7! :D
Feb 13, 2011 6:56 AM

Nov 2009
let's continue with progress bars xD
first, if you haven't watched any eps yet (see Tayutama on screen), it won't show any available episodes, even if there are some.
second, if an update is in queue, actual ep bar shows right number, but available ep bar fails to fill left space (on screen - strawberry panic, actually watched till 9 ep, update queued to change it to 6)
Feb 13, 2011 7:47 PM

Feb 2009
Okay, slight issue with Twitter support in Taiga, mainly with sending out the status to Twitter, the encoding is bad.

For example, sending out Hidamari Sketch x ☆☆☆, the ☆☆☆ are on twitter are boxes, with 00 on the first row, then 06 on the second inside the boxes. If possible, can this be corrected easily or will this be or will this be harder to fix?

Feb 13, 2011 11:30 PM

Nov 2007
@slevir:
I was aware of the first problem you mentioned, but the second one looks tricky. I guess I'll have to rewrite some parts of the progress bar code eventually.

@Diablofan:
That's because EncodeURL function doesn't work well on non-ISO-Latin characters, I believe. "Hidamari Sketch x ✩✩✩" should be encoded as "Hidamari%20Sketch%20x%20%E2%9C%A9%E2%9C%A9%E2%9C%A9", where Taiga encodes it as "Hidamari%20Sketch%20x%20%29%29%29". I'll be fixing this now.
Feb 18, 2011 9:30 PM

Nov 2009
it seems that 10MB+ condition for video files is too big, 2 minute eps (like most ONAs out there, excluding OP/ED - it can be just linked) in 480p can be less than 10MB. Example - Nyoron Churuya-san from Kirakira. So I suggest lowering it, to 7 or 5 MB
Mar 12, 2011 3:18 PM
Sep 2009
I was in an old version until just a few days ago, when I grabbed the newest version I noticed that it was keeping track of the Scores I gave a series now. So I spent quite a bit of time scoring a ton of different ones...

When I logged onto the internet the next day and let it update my list, I noticed that the Scores were reset to what they were previously (before I changed them in Taiga) and didn't change them at all~
Mar 12, 2011 4:36 PM

Nov 2007
Keeping track of the scores is not a new feature as far as I'm concerned, but anyway, I think the problem you had is related to the laggy nature of MAL. It usually takes a couple of minutes, and sometimes hours until all your updates show up everywhere. When you refresh your list before they are processed, you end up with your old list. Have you tried refreshing your list again since then?

Tip: If you want to quickly give a score to a series, just right click on the score column of any list item (shown as the red area on the picture below) and it will directly show up the score menu:

Mar 12, 2011 6:45 PM

May 2008
Yes, it's MAL failing... not related to taiga at all. In fact, Taiga will only make your updates more likely to go through and keeps a local list so you don't have to worry about what MAL says. All the updates will go through eventually on the MAL side.

Just don't refresh in Taiga if you have made changes recently... I usually only refresh if I've added a lot of new series on the site the day before. If you wait ~13 hours from when you finished updating your scores and refresh it should be accurate.

More information on lag issues:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=280145
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=265785
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=286094&show=0#post3

The lag last weekend reached 25 hours at one point, since they didn't want to have downtime..... blame Crave. They have been working on the database servers a bit today I believe, but the lag is probably going to stay ridiculous at least through the week. On normal weekdays it hovers around 3 hours on the slowest server, and on weekends it's essentially unusable.

The reason? ...rising userbase, poorly configured and unscaled database servers.

I am a banana.
Mar 18, 2011 6:43 PM

Nov 2009
noticed a bug in searchbar section of theme.xml processing - Taiga always assumes that the first and default search mode is the list search, even if I swap them like

<item name="MyAnimeList" action="SetSearchMode(0, MAL, Search MyAnimeList)" radio="1"/>
<item name="List" action="SetSearchMode(1, List, Search list)" radio="1"/>

I think, it should assume the first item default or have explicit default parameter (default="1" for example)
Also, the position of an item in the search menu depends on its position in theme.xml, but radiobutton position depends on the first parameter of SetSearchMode(), dunno whether it's a bug or a feature though. Just in case you'd want to do something with that
Mar 25, 2011 4:25 PM

May 2008
The update manager always tries to connect even when the system is offline. This is a rather annoying behavior as I learned when my connection got knocked out by weather the other day and it continually spit dns errors at me. Preferably it would check connection first, or fail to status bar with an "unable to check" message.

It seems like the usual way to implement this is to link Rasapi32.lib and make a function in CUpdateHelper::Check() that checks against RasEnumConnections() and RasGetConnectStatus() to see if the system is offline, but I wasn't sure how you wanted to handle it.

edit: The more I read about this the more I come to the conclusion that the only way to know if you're online is just to try the request. So I guess just try to download and fail silently, or with just a status bar message. Linking WinInet junk in there really isnt worth it.
sakaMar 25, 2011 10:03 PM

I am a banana.
Apr 6, 2011 12:07 PM

May 2008
When adding anime from the search window, the status tab count is incremented twice (it was previously thrice but I got one of them in r76).

I was trying to track down the remaining extra increment but not having any luck... IncreaseItemCount() is only called in two places: once in CAnimeList::AddItem and twice in CAnime::Edit (when editing status it subtracts from one status and adds to the other). I tried putting the latter in an if statement so it's not run on add just in case one status was invalid, and setting breakpoints on value change for the status counts.... but for some reason it still increments twice. The debugger even tells me the count is less than what shows in the tab. I figured visual studio was being stubborn but cleaning and rebuilding seems to yield the same result. Either 2+1=4 or there's something odd going on here.... any ideas? ;D

sakaApr 6, 2011 12:20 PM

I am a banana.
Apr 6, 2011 12:52 PM

Nov 2007
Just committed a fix for this in r77. The problem was not that it was incremented twice, but CUser::GetItemCount took account of the item recently added to the event queue as well, hence returned the actual value plus one.
Apr 6, 2011 1:05 PM

May 2008
Aha!

Thanks for restoring my faith in mathematics. :D

I am a banana.
Apr 6, 2011 1:26 PM

Nov 2007
Always a pleasure! Really though, I had fun trying to find the cause, and it became pretty exciting after a firsthand experience of this weird phenomenon that defied the very laws of our universe :D

Also, never doubt the great mathematician in the sky, or else.
May 13, 2011 1:15 PM

May 2008
It seems that the scripting engine will interpret scripting inside the variables and this will break the scripting causing fields to not display or display partially. The entities in fields like %title% need to be escaped so that the scripting engine cannot see them, and unescaped before the final string is displayed. For example:
$if(%title%,Title: \t%title%)
...with the title "Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san." can become...
$if(Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san.,Title: \tYondemasu yo, Azazel-san.)
...which will cause it to not be displayed (since $if doesn't know what to do with 4 parameters).

I'm already almost done with a fix for this. Just wanted to mention it before v0.8 gets pushed.
sakaMay 13, 2011 2:12 PM

I am a banana.
May 14, 2011 1:28 AM

Nov 2007
The first solution that comes to mind is to use a ReplaceChar to replace all commas with an invisible character first in ReplaceVariables, split the function using that character in EvaluateFunction, and then replace remaining characters back into commas at the end of ReplaceVariables. Though that still wouldn't solve the case where user wants to use a comma inside a function.

A better solution would be containing the replaced variables within single quotes to denote that it's raw text and it shouldn't be parsed. That way, the scripting engine would also be more compatible with foobar2000 and Mp3tag, where the whole idea I used in Taiga comes from.
May 14, 2011 5:50 PM

May 2008
I implemented \-escaping without seeing your post here. I considered using an invisible character or just replacing commas, but ended up just splitting the parameters with a check to see if they were preceded by \.

so internally...
$if(%title%,Title: \t%title%)
...becomes...
$if(Yondemasu yo\, Azazel-san. \(TV\),Title: \tYondemasu yo\, Azazel-san. \(TV\))

Because I had to check for '\' though it barred me from calling the convenient functions like Split(), but it's working in r87 submitted earlier. I bet quotes would be easier to insert and parse now that I read this... still slightly tricky for the commas though. I don't mind either way.

edit: also, you'd end up having to escape the quotes....
sakaMay 14, 2011 5:57 PM

I am a banana.
May 14, 2011 7:32 PM

Nov 2009
use any pair symbols, {} or [], I doubt any text will have them, and easier to pair. And you'll be narrowing the set of characters you need to escape anyway. Won't be compatible with foobar though xD and not so intuitive
May 14, 2011 8:17 PM

May 2008
well eventually you'll find titles with all sorts of symbols.... there's really no way around escaping your own entities.

btw, coming in july: Baby Princess 3D Paradise 0 [Love]

I am a banana.
Jul 16, 2011 11:42 AM

Nov 2009
torrent filter adding window, if you want to add a filter that has a predefined set of vaues (watching status, for example), it always adds the first choice.
Anime airing status is represented by digit when already added, doesn't seem very intuitive ^)
and I'm not sure whether it's a bug or not, but how, for example, resolutions are compared? It's possible to set it to something like "greater than 480p". Does it get converted to number before actual comparison?
Jul 16, 2011 2:14 PM

Nov 2007
I can't seem to reproduce these issues; I think they were fixed in r100 (and probably in r99) already.

Resolution values are still compared as plain strings as I have mentioned in the other thread, and surely I'll be fixing that later on.
Jul 17, 2011 7:18 PM

May 2008
I've been trying to track down a bug with the next episode caching over the last couple weeks now. I thought maybe it had fixed itself since I wasn't able to reproduce it for a while, but I encountered it again today.

Sometimes it will repeatedly PlayNext to the same episode after the number has updated to that episode (so you playnext one episode, it updates, then you playnext to the same episode again because it is still in cache... and once you've gotten to this state you can even update to another episode number and playnext with the same result). It's not invalidating the NextEpisodePath basically once it's played in certain circumstances. I suspect it's because GetLastWatchedEpisode() has changed already so the old NextEpisodePath is allowed to remain in CAnime::SetEpisodeAvailability(). I'm pretty sure it just needs a well-placed NextEpisodePath.clear() but I haven't found the best spot for it yet.

One fail-proof solution would be to also cache the number of the episode in cache, instead of just the path.... might not be needed though.

edit: committed a bandaid fix with a NextEpisodePath.clear() in CAnime::CheckEpisodes(0)... it does at least prevent the error, but it still fails to pre-search in situations where it occurs (or otherwise invalidates them). Will look at it again tomorrow unless somebody beats me to fixing it.
sakaJul 18, 2011 1:29 AM

I am a banana.
Jul 25, 2011 1:15 AM

May 2008
Because I may not have time to correct it myself..... regarding torrent filters and discarding torrents:
  • Unchecking filter matches and then clicking Download marked torrents should discard all the filter-matched torrents even if they are unchecked, to prevent undesired torrents from matching repeatedly

• Torrents should be able to be discarded individually, either by discarding the torrent any time it's unchecked or via right-click context menu on the item.

• The Discard marked torrents button is nearly useless since you would have to uncheck all the torrents you want to download first even though you should want most of the torrents that match your own rules. You would never manually check a torrent you want to discard because it never matched your filter originally..... and it's unlikely that you would only have a few matches that were not items you wanted.

• Discarded torrents are not remembered when closing and reopening taiga
sakaJul 26, 2011 12:54 AM

I am a banana.
Jul 26, 2011 2:04 PM

Nov 2007
saka said:
Unchecking filter matches and then clicking Download marked torrents should discard all the filter-matched torrents even if they are unchecked, to prevent undesired torrents from matching repeatedly

Done. Items that have passed all filters but are unchecked by the user are now discarded. Checked items are still discarded only after they're successfuly downloaded though, since we'd usually want to keep them on a temporary connection problem and try again at a later time.

saka said:
Torrents should be able to be discarded individually, either by discarding the torrent any time it's unchecked or via right-click context menu on the item.

There's already a Discard item on the right-click menu that I've added in r96. Edit: I've also added a Discard all torrents for this title item now.

saka said:
The Discard marked torrents button is nearly useless since you would have to uncheck all the torrents you want to download first even though you should want most of the torrents that match your own rules. You would never manually check a torrent you want to discard because it never matched your filter originally..... and it's unlikely that you would only have a few matches that were not items you wanted.

You're right about the case where there are some torrents that we'd like to discard and some torrents to download, but it was actually intended to be used as a Discard all button, only that marked items are discarded instead of all items. Should I rename it or do you think it's better to remove it altogether?
erengyJul 26, 2011 2:34 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (23) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Recognition problems ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

erengy - Jun 3, 2010

300 by Xeroeth »»
Aug 9, 2021 2:24 PM

» any new news on Taiga working?

xDreww - Nov 23, 2019

5 by cHowaito »»
Jul 28, 2021 6:25 AM

» Dark theme?

Hyoretsu - Dec 12, 2019

1 by Squirt_lel »»
Jul 14, 2020 6:59 AM

» Error when synchronizing list (Since MAL API Update)

dadnaya - May 24, 2018

20 by xDreww »»
Nov 23, 2019 5:47 PM

» Twitter posting

zatinho - Mar 27, 2019

0 by zatinho »»
Mar 27, 2019 5:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.