Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 23, 6:10 AM

Jan 2010
Reply to TsutanaiFuun
@mdo7 that makes sense. very high chance that adult responsibilities and other interestsmrendered people unable to use mal. plus it feels like forums are really dying out these days. mal isn't as active as it used to be during lockdown times as far as i remember.
@TsutanaiFuun MAL used to be more active back in in early 2010's and I think around 2013/2014 before I took a hiatus from it due to my obsession with K-pop and Korean pop culture (this was before BTS and Blackpink became the mainstream face of K-pop today). I mean Anime News Network's forum used to be more active in late 2000's and early 2010's but since then the forum is not as active as it was during when I was in my 20's.
Mar 23, 6:23 AM

May 2021
I don't have children lmao. But ofc I would watch with my children if I do.
Mar 23, 6:24 AM

Jun 2019
I already set up three MAL accounts for my three future children. Now they just need to pop out the womb.
Mar 23, 6:49 AM

May 2019
Reply to Fyrebirdi
My daughter rolls her eyes and sighs when I mention anime. The only time she'll watch is if the guy she is dating is into anime... then its normally the shounen stuff. Needless to say we have different tastes and I'm firmly stuffed into the 'awh ma, you're embarrassing me' box 😂
@Fyrebirdi my daughter will come into world this year, and your situation would be a nightmare for me. I really want her to enjoy anime, classic ones in special.

"But what if she becomes a weeb"?

Well, since the bunch of losers here are a bunch of cute losers way better than most of other kind of losers who can't or wouldn't love animations, i think it is okay.

- tell me what you did for you teenager daughter to hate anime, that ill do the opposite!
Mar 23, 7:05 AM

Feb 2024
I've never really watched any anime with my kids. My son, who's now 20, was into Sword Art Online when he was younger, even going so far as to cosplay as Kirito for a day at AnimeFest (the only time he's ever cosplayed for anything). I tried watching a couple of episodes of it yesterday but wasn't really that interested.
Mar 23, 7:26 AM

Sep 2021
Reply to Rob7
@Fyrebirdi my daughter will come into world this year, and your situation would be a nightmare for me. I really want her to enjoy anime, classic ones in special.

"But what if she becomes a weeb"?

Well, since the bunch of losers here are a bunch of cute losers way better than most of other kind of losers who can't or wouldn't love animations, i think it is okay.

- tell me what you did for you teenager daughter to hate anime, that ill do the opposite!
@Rob7 at the end of the day we need to realise that our kids are separate creations from ourselves and therefore entitled to their own tastes :)

as for lessons you can learn from me: I started watching anime in 2020 as an older person, so I think my daughter is a lil embarrassed that her 'old' mother is not acting her age. I simply refuse to adult the prescribed way, and it will take time for her to really appreciate a non-conformist mom. Young people still think they own the word 'cool'... there ain't nothing to be done or said about that 🙄😂

you do you, and let the chips fall where they may. Being a parent is challenging stuff and we definitely won't always see eye to eye with our kids. Love them regardless, there are already way too many bad examples of parents in this world
~ Those who look with clouded eyes see nothing but shadows ~
Mar 23, 7:51 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to mdo7
@TsutanaiFuun MAL used to be more active back in in early 2010's and I think around 2013/2014 before I took a hiatus from it due to my obsession with K-pop and Korean pop culture (this was before BTS and Blackpink became the mainstream face of K-pop today). I mean Anime News Network's forum used to be more active in late 2000's and early 2010's but since then the forum is not as active as it was during when I was in my 20's.
@mdo7 yup. those times must have been fun.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Would you watch gender swapped Mushoku Tensei?

rohan121 - Yesterday

36 by Starfallash »»
8 minutes ago

» Anime characters you like ONLY for their fanservice? (be honest)

asureiwong - Yesterday

29 by DesuMaiden »»
15 minutes ago

» Do you have animes you've rated 5 and under on your completed list, why? ( 1 2 )

melodyily - Jun 15

89 by Daconator »»
27 minutes ago

» Are there any CONFIDENT flat/small chested anime girls?

Throwawayy1234 - 4 hours ago

24 by DesuMaiden »»
31 minutes ago

» Summer 2024 Season

OldLoser - 5 hours ago

21 by Chris_Concept »»
33 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.