Forum Settings
Forums
New
Do you like filipino dubbing?
May 31, 2009 8:10 AM

May 2009
Alright, this thread is about sharing thoughts about the leading TV stations and how they dub good anime. ^^

Personally, I hate it... TV5 ruined most of my favorite anime shows such as Shakugan no Shana, Toradora and Code Geass! I don't like the fact that they air good anime in such a bad manner!

Not only TV5 but also GMA and ABS-CBN! They seriously need to improve their dubbing! Every anime they show on air is a disappointment.

ABS-CBN's dub of Katekyo Hitman Reborn couldn't be worse. I mean, instead of "Ciaosu" Reborn says "Chaochao".

GMA's dubbing on Bleach also fails! Especially Hitsugaya's! *facepalm*

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 31, 2009 7:44 PM

Feb 2009
well... i personally think it's better than nothing at all. still...i feel like they're butchering the quality of the anime with the bad dubbing, but it's better than nothing. i can't always watch anime online or wait till i have enough funds to buy the dvd... so the TV is like.. sort of a last resort.

and lastly...i'm not in it for the dubbing quality.. as long as the translation doesn't go far from the original plot...then i'm in it. the english dubbing has it kind of worse imo, i mean... they sound so slang sometimes it's impossible for that to happen...

imo, subs are better? *depends on the quality still =___=* i LOVE FMA-B being subbed on Animax... that is..if you don't understand japanese though...you might find yourself looking at the subs more than what is happening on the show :X
Jun 1, 2009 10:38 PM

Jun 2008
Tobi-sama said:

Personally, I hate it... TV5 ruined most of my favorite anime shows such as Shakugan no Shana, Toradora and Code Geass! I don't like the fact that they air good anime in such a bad manner!

Given the difference between Filipino and Japanese (Japanese being a faster and quite a complicated language), I have to say that the Filipino dubs are doing a pretty good job. Not the best dubs, but decent enough to earn some props :D

Of course, there are some dubs that just fail, but hey...what can we do? I'm just happy anime is back on air :D

ZOMBIFIED :O
Jun 2, 2009 5:41 AM

Sep 2007
I personally don't like Filipino dubbing (even English ones) but it's better than nothing for most Filipino viewers who do not spend time buying the DVD or watching/downloading online (and for those who really don't watch anime).

However, as for TV5's dubbing, I can say that their dubbing is better than that of ABS-CBN and GMA.

Dubbing it (Filipino dubbing) is suicide since there are some terms, expressions, emotions, and such that cannot be translated.

I just finished watching Toradora! and decided to watch the one that's aired in TV5. The voices are different, the emotions are not well shown (that of Kushieda and Ami), and I hated it. I still want the original one. I cannot stand this dubbed one.

I don't know if TV networks can just air a subbed one, an English subbed one. Fansubbers must be hired and paid for this since they really give us great anime shows with great subs as well. :)

I don't know if I've clearly stated myself for this matter, but an anime aired here in the Philippines with those dubs gets popular. In our school, I was the only one addicted to anime at first, but when TV5 became the anime king of TV, suddenly my classmates started liking anime as well, even with the dubbed version.

Maybe if we don't watch a subbed anime, we would not mind an anime being dubbed by Filipinos. But we know the "real" one, so we tend to hate the dubbed one.

Just my opinion. :)
Jun 2, 2009 5:57 AM

May 2009
alexli said:
Tobi-sama said:

Given the difference between Filipino and Japanese (Japanese being a faster and quite a complicated language), I have to say that the Filipino dubs are doing a pretty good job. Not the best dubs, but decent enough to earn some props :D

Of course, there are some dubs that just fail, but hey...what can we do? I'm just happy anime is back on air :D

I have to disagree. They're not really doing a pretty good job at all.
When you hear the characters speak, it's like watching a child actor's poor acting; you obviously know it's scripted. And that's exactly what I hate about the dubbing by Filipinos!

If they're gonna do a job, they have to do it properly!

I think one of the reason why the dubbing quality sucks is because they 'rush' the dubbing... They want to air the anime as soon as possible so they can earn more profit... Ganun naman kasi lagi, money matters.

I hope the big TV stations can hire big names in showbiz to do the dubbing.
Like Angel Locsin. I remember, she voiced Iwase Kyoko from Initial D. Her voice definitely stood out in the anime! Not because she's a really famous actress and everyone is familiar with her voice, but because she executed her lines perfectly! The words came out naturally, as if she's the character herself.

Jun 2, 2009 6:06 AM

May 2009
rainbow_heart said:
I personally don't like Filipino dubbing (even English ones) but it's better than nothing for most Filipino viewers who do not spend time buying the DVD or watching/downloading online (and for those who really don't watch anime).

However, as for TV5's dubbing, I can say that their dubbing is better than that of ABS-CBN and GMA.

Dubbing it (Filipino dubbing) is suicide since there are some terms, expressions, emotions, and such that cannot be translated.

I just finished watching Toradora! and decided to watch the one that's aired in TV5. The voices are different, the emotions are not well shown (that of Kushieda and Ami), and I hated it. I still want the original one. I cannot stand this dubbed one.

I don't know if TV networks can just air a subbed one, an English subbed one. Fansubbers must be hired and paid for this since they really give us great anime shows with great subs as well. :)

I don't know if I've clearly stated myself for this matter, but an anime aired here in the Philippines with those dubs gets popular. In our school, I was the only one addicted to anime at first, but when TV5 became the anime king of TV, suddenly my classmates started liking anime as well, even with the dubbed version.

Maybe if we don't watch a subbed anime, we would not mind an anime being dubbed by Filipinos. But we know the "real" one, so we tend to hate the dubbed one.

Just my opinion. :)

Good point. But that's exactly it! Because we know the 'real' one and once we compare it to the dubbed, it's really different! The dubbed version definitely sucks!

I'm not saying that Filipinos are bad at dubbing, no. I'm just saying that they are not even trying to do a good job.

It would be nice if you can have the same sensation from watching the dubbed one like from the 'real' one.

That way, people wouldn't have to download or stream the episodes online to have good quality entertainment and more people would be interested in anime.

Jun 2, 2009 6:13 AM

Sep 2007
Tobi-sama said:

Good point. But that's exactly it! Because we know the 'real' one and once we compare it to the dubbed, it's really different! The dubbed version definitely sucks!

I'm not saying that Filipinos are bad at dubbing, no. I'm just saying that they are not even trying to do a good job.

It would be nice if you can have the same sensation from watching the dubbed one like from the 'real' one.

That way, people wouldn't have to download or stream the episodes online to have good quality entertainment and more people would be interested in anime.

I agree with your point for that, that if they just do a great work at dubbing it, then it would be a convenience for us. :)

I remember my childhood days when I just watch anime from the TV since DVDs and downloads are not that popular by then. And as far as I can remember, they've done a great job at that since the dubbers become one with the character they're dubbing.

I've read your previous post about it being somehow scripted, and yes, that's exactly what I was thinking. you know that they're reading the lines, and the emotions are totally fake. I want to be a dubber, a seiyuu, and with that I know that I must also portray and feel the emotions the character feels. And yes, yes, yes, that's what Filipino dubbers are lacking. Emotion. Being one with the character they're dubbing.
Jun 2, 2009 6:22 AM

Mar 2009
haha 1-7...

well nung bata ako di ko pinapansin yang mga dub-dub na yan XD... pero nung simula akong nanood ng mga jap dub na anime mas nagus2han ko yun kaysa sa tagalog dub... para kacng may kulang sa tagalog dub n d ko malaman... emotion cguro hehehe...
Jun 2, 2009 7:28 AM

Feb 2009
rainbow_heart said:

fansubbed? no... those are in itself illegal. sa pagkuha pa lang ng raws eh bawal na...ano pa kya pag pinalabas yun sa tv? kahit na buhusan pa ng credits..illegal pa rin.. but, pag me permiso...gya ng sa Animax (Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Tears to Tiara...) okay yun kasi merong authority from the producers...

and i also agree na mas may quality yung dubs ng TV5 compared sa GMA and ABS... impressed ako ng konti sa dubs nila sa Code Geass :X *or maybe that's just me*
Jun 2, 2009 8:15 AM

May 2009
setsunarensa said:
rainbow_heart said:

fansubbed? no... those are in itself illegal. sa pagkuha pa lang ng raws eh bawal na...ano pa kya pag pinalabas yun sa tv? kahit na buhusan pa ng credits..illegal pa rin.. but, pag me permiso...gya ng sa Animax (Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Tears to Tiara...) okay yun kasi merong authority from the producers...

and i also agree na mas may quality yung dubs ng TV5 compared sa GMA and ABS... impressed ako ng konti sa dubs nila sa Code Geass :X *or maybe that's just me*

Yup, copyrights. Kailangan mo pang bilin ang rights sa owners bago mo ipalabas. But I don't think downloading the raws are illegal. o_o

And yes they are better than GMA and ABS. The two biggest stations are "Money Whores" >_> anyway, baka ma-off topic tayo. Wag na muna natin pagusapan ang GMA at ABS. Baka magkagulo lang ang mga kapuso at kapamilya dito sa mga walang kwentang arguements like "#1 kapuso or #1 kapamilya"

Jun 2, 2009 8:43 AM

Sep 2007
setsunarensa said:

Or they can just buy everything para naman walang problem with legal matters. Hahaha. basta subbed dapat!!!

Tobi-sama said:

Yup, copyrights. Kailangan mo pang bilin ang rights sa owners bago mo ipalabas. But I don't think downloading the raws are illegal. o_o

And yes they are better than GMA and ABS. The two biggest stations are "Money Whores" >_> anyway, baka ma-off topic tayo. Wag na muna natin pagusapan ang GMA at ABS. Baka magkagulo lang ang mga kapuso at kapamilya dito sa mga walang kwentang arguements like "#1 kapuso or #1 kapamilya"

Yup, hindi naman ata illegal ang pagdownload ng raws. :)
Jun 2, 2009 10:00 AM
Jul 2018
rainbow_heart said:
Yup, hindi naman ata illegal ang pagdownload ng raws. :)
Pano naman ung licensed na series?? Ala na kong masabi kasi di aq nanonood ng anime sa TV -__- weird kasi pag nakita mo yung original dubs tas panonoorin mong ibang langwahe. Pero tingin ko patas lang naman ang pag-dub ng tatlong istasyon... pero so far favor ako sa ABS-CBN. Ayos ang pag-dub nila ng Shippuuden! Sa TV5, naiinis ako sa boses ni Minori sa Toradora. GMA naman, pangit ang dub ng One Piece (sabi ng sis ko).

/facepalm
Jun 2, 2009 4:58 PM
Jun 2009
If you remember the dubbing done on Lupin III, I think it was pretty good. They captured the spirit of the humor and dialogue quite well and gave it a disinctive "Pinoy" feel. Some of the dubbing in more recent shows are kadiri, though. Like the dubbing on Initial D, they turned Takumi into some kind of homo coño kid.
Jun 2, 2009 5:58 PM

Jun 2008
Tobi-sama said:
alexli said:
Tobi-sama said:

When you hear the characters speak, it's like watching a child actor's poor acting; you obviously know it's scripted. And that's exactly what I hate about the dubbing by Filipinos!

I think one of the reason why the dubbing quality sucks is because they 'rush' the dubbing... They want to air the anime as soon as possible so they can earn more profit... Ganun naman kasi lagi, money matters.

Like Angel Locsin. I remember, she voiced Iwase Kyoko from Initial D. Her voice definitely stood out in the anime! Not because she's a really famous actress and everyone is familiar with her voice, but because she executed her lines perfectly! The words came out naturally, as if she's the character herself.

The operative word here is that they are "better" than the previous dubs we had before, as rainbow_heart rightly points out. I think it's a good sign, that there's improvement, no matter how gradual. I think we have to consider rin na most of our dubbers, nasanay sa telenovelas. So, I dunno, maybe they managed to carry over it in anime dubbing. And, we all know that telenovelas and anime are 2 very different things.

I'm happy that TV5 is putting effort in airing anime series on air, this against other monster networks during prime time. That in itself, is a thing to be applauded.

I agree that once you watch a subbed version of an anime, mahirap na bumalik sa dubbed version. There is so much that is lost in dubbing an anime to local language: culture, inside jokes, references...those stuff. On the other hand, mas naiintindihan ng marami ang anime, and it's a good starting point for others to watch anime. More audience=more anime in the Philippines!

As for airing subbed versions, I don't think fansubbed version can make it on air. There are too many gray areas surrounding its legality. I think Cowboy Bebop has an official sub release by Bandai, though, so all is not lost. Networks just have to shell a huge amount of cash to acquire licensed series :D

Jun 2, 2009 6:39 PM

May 2009
alexli said:
Tobi-sama said:
alexli said:
Tobi-sama said:

The operative word here is that they are "better" than the previous dubs we had before, as rainbow_heart rightly points out. I think it's a good sign, that there's improvement, no matter how gradual. I think we have to consider rin na most of our dubbers, nasanay sa telenovelas. So, I dunno, maybe they managed to carry over it in anime dubbing. And, we all know that telenovelas and anime are 2 very different things.

I'm happy that TV5 is putting effort in airing anime series on air, this against other monster networks during prime time. That in itself, is a thing to be applauded.

I agree that once you watch a subbed version of an anime, mahirap na bumalik sa dubbed version. There is so much that is lost in dubbing an anime to local language: culture, inside jokes, references...those stuff. On the other hand, mas naiintindihan ng marami ang anime, and it's a good starting point for others to watch anime. More audience=more anime in the Philippines!

As for airing subbed versions, I don't think fansubbed version can make it on air. There are too many gray areas surrounding its legality. I think Cowboy Bebop has an official sub release by Bandai, though, so all is not lost. Networks just have to shell a huge amount of cash to acquire licensed series :D

Well that's true. Comparing the current dubs to Dragon Ball Z and Yu Yu Hakusho dubs before, our dubbers really have improved.

I agree. I can't even imagine a dubbed version (any language) of Lucky Star or Hayate no Gotoku since the jokes are more on culture.

I don't expect a subbed version to be aired. The subbed version can't catch a bigger audience than the dubbed, even if it is lame. As far as I know, there aren't many viewers that would make the effort to read the subs to enjoy the anime. That is why we need good dubbing so that more viewers can enjoy the dubbed version like we do upon watching the subbed.
(I have a feeling na paulit-ulit lang tong sinasabi ko x_x or is it just me)

Jun 2, 2009 6:58 PM

Jun 2008
Tobi-Sama said:
Well that's true. Comparing the current dubs to Dragon Ball Z and Yu Yu Hakusho dubs before, our dubbers really have improved.

I agree. I can't even imagine a dubbed version (any language) of Lucky Star or Hayate no Gotoku since the jokes are more on culture.

I don't expect a subbed version to be aired. The subbed version can't catch a bigger audience than the dubbed, even if it is lame. As far as I know, there aren't many viewers that would make the effort to read the subs to enjoy the anime. That is why we need good dubbing so that more viewers can enjoy the dubbed version like we do upon watching the subbed.

Well, you are proving a point ;p

Other than good dubbers, we need more networks willing to exert the extra effort in airing an anime series.

Jun 2, 2009 7:00 PM

Feb 2009
Tobi-sama said:
setsunarensa said:
rainbow_heart said:

animes are intellectual properties... Japanese Copyright Law states, in summary, that individuals must receive permission from the original intellectual property holder in order to copy, use, and/or distribute over the Internet... of course, exception to this is for Personal/Education use but since we're talking about showing it on TV (since it's neither personal nor educational) it is illegal...

... so if you downloaded a raw or subs (say in torrents) it is illegal to begin with... it was first downloaded for personal use...yes, but since it crosses the threshold of being used personally...the exceptions ceases to exist ^^

i hope i made sense :X i sound like a total nerd =___= *is very very interested in law*

and speaking of Angel Locsin dubbing for Initial D, remember Bleach's dubbing? With *was it* Yasmin Kurdi as Rukia?? i was like.... @__@ for quite some time... it was..bad.
Jun 2, 2009 7:48 PM

May 2009
alexli said:
Tobi-Sama said:

Well, you are proving a point ;p

Other than good dubbers, we need more networks willing to exert the extra effort in airing an anime series.

About the "extra effort"... I thought I would that at Hero TV. But they also fail D:

Jun 2, 2009 7:53 PM

May 2009
setsunarensa said:
Tobi-sama said:
setsunarensa said:
rainbow_heart said:

animes are intellectual properties... Japanese Copyright Law states, in summary, that individuals must receive permission from the original intellectual property holder in order to copy, use, and/or distribute over the Internet... of course, exception to this is for Personal/Education use but since we're talking about showing it on TV (since it's neither personal nor educational) it is illegal...

... so if you downloaded a raw or subs (say in torrents) it is illegal to begin with... it was first downloaded for personal use...yes, but since it crosses the threshold of being used personally...the exceptions ceases to exist ^^

i hope i made sense :X i sound like a total nerd =___= *is very very interested in law*

and speaking of Angel Locsin dubbing for Initial D, remember Bleach's dubbing? With *was it* Yasmin Kurdi as Rukia?? i was like.... @__@ for quite some time... it was..bad.

But downloading raws are legal. But when you sell the raws you downloaded online without permission, that is when it's illegal; piracy.

In Japan, people record the animes using VCR's if I'm right. So I don't see why downloading the raws would be illegal.

Really? Si Yasmin pala un o_o so she also fails D:

Jun 2, 2009 7:54 PM

Jun 2008
setsunarensa said:

1. Yes, it was her.
2. Yes, it was.

Tobi-sama said:
About the "extra effort"... I thought I would that at Hero TV. But they also fail D:

Isn't Hero like a sister-channel of ABS-CBN?? That would explain it :p

Jun 3, 2009 7:10 PM

Feb 2009
Tobi-sama said:

But downloading raws are legal. But when you sell the raws you downloaded online without permission, that is when it's illegal; piracy.

In Japan, people record the animes using VCR's if I'm right. So I don't see why downloading the raws would be illegal.

Really? Si Yasmin pala un o_o so she also fails D:

the "recording" of the raw is legal only if it is for personal or educational purposes. if the person who recorded the raw decided to upload it on the internet so anyone can download it, there it becomes illegal. just because people in Japan record animes doesn't mean downloading their recorded raws is okay...

and yeah......it was........... how should i say it without offending her or smth? or i think should just shut up about it :X

hmm, i think they do a better job with their drama dubs, ABS and GMA than their animes... (and all awesome seiyuus and dubbing directors should go TV5 and make it an awesome all-anime network or start their own company that should be full of sparkles and awesomeness :X
Jun 3, 2009 8:22 PM

May 2009
the "recording" of the raw is legal only if it is for personal or educational purposes. if the person who recorded the raw decided to upload it on the internet so anyone can download it, there it becomes illegal. just because people in Japan record animes doesn't mean downloading their recorded raws is okay...

and yeah......it was........... how should i say it without offending her or smth? or i think should just shut up about it :X

hmm, i think they do a better job with their drama dubs, ABS and GMA than their animes... (and all awesome seiyuus and dubbing directors should go TV5 and make it an awesome all-anime network or start their own company that should be full of sparkles and awesomeness :X

Well na-realize ko ngaun ngaun lang, na magiging illegal lang talaga yun when "you claim that the anime is yours or made by you"
As long as may disclaimer, hindi illegal ang pagDL ng raws

Aug 24, 2009 4:02 AM

Apr 2009
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i think it's better to not show them FILIPINO DUBBED anime in tv than to show them at all!!!! arrgh!!! it just makes my blood boil.... lelouch.. shana.. taiga... and the to-be HARUHI... I CAN'T TAKE IT!! i want them to have a better impression of it!! a BETTER!! .................... it would be BETTER if they would just put in some tagalog subs or what... and more people should be aware of funsubbing... damn it...
Aug 24, 2009 5:03 AM

Nov 2008
I don't like the filipino dubbing but it's good that anime can be watched by the masses who have no or rarely access the internet.
I liked the filipino dub of Beck. Anyone with the same thought as mine?
Sep 17, 2009 10:27 PM
May 2009
yeah the dubbing of BECK! is quite good. Compared to Tora-Dora Code Geass R1 and R2.

Buti nga meron pa tayong channel na puro anime eh XD

and Also coz of this Filipino dubbing,my lil brother also enjoying now the anime XD
Salamat sa Yamato Nadeshiko : Shichi Henge
Sep 18, 2009 1:50 AM

Sep 2009
Theyre doing their job..yes..

doing their job good? No..

Filipino Subs anyone? :3
Sep 18, 2009 2:31 AM

Sep 2007
Thinking of Filipino subs, I think it's better. However, hindi pa parang magiging baduy nun or what? No offense, there are some things that cannot be totally translated, and that's where Filipino dubbers fail. Sa sub kaya? :)
Sep 18, 2009 2:34 AM

Sep 2009
rainbow_heart said:
Thinking of Filipino subs, I think it's better. However, hindi pa parang magiging baduy nun or what? No offense, there are some things that cannot be totally translated, and that's where Filipino dubbers fail. Sa sub kaya? :)

why not they try?

no one so far has tried it yet...its worth a shot~
Sep 18, 2009 2:41 AM

Sep 2007
I've seen Tagalog subs of some foreign movies, and I didn't like it. But anyway, it's still worth a shot, considering the VAs most especially in TV 5 don't love their work. I mean, they're voices don't synchronize with the feelings of the character. They just spill out their lines.
Sep 23, 2009 9:51 PM
May 2009
Planning for Tagalog/Filipino subs? Well it's worth a shot.BUT,there are some problems with that.

RAW provider,Translators,Typesetters,Encoders,Timers,Quality Checker,Translator Checker such as that.
Sep 25, 2009 1:18 AM

Aug 2009
- i really hate it.....

well,,,,i dont like animes to be viewed on the tv in english or any other language...only japanese....
some jokes are meant to be only japanese so having it in tagalog..?..Good Luck..XD

i hate the tagalog version pf code geass....
and what s worse,,,they also dubbed haruhi.....

<no offense to others>
Sep 25, 2009 3:16 AM

Aug 2009
honestly, dubbing here in our country is both okay and not okay for me cuz...

....some names of the characters are being changed in the filipino dub (for example, if you watched the filipino dub version of Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, they mentioned Sasagawa Ryohei there to be Ryohi Sasagawa)

....they change some terms (like in Naruto Shippuuden)

....and sometimes it gets corny (like when Ash says "Pikachu!")

but, i hate the english dub more, at least for most anime....but i like the english dub for Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood on Animax....makes me lmao...

<not always "KYOUKOGEN" as you think I'll be..
Feb 18, 2010 6:51 AM
Jun 2009
was kinda disappointed when i watched tagalog dub of bleach... the japanese terms (and even names!) sounded awful... like reiatsu sounded like "ray-at-sue" and rangiku sounded like "ran-JIku".. even gin's name was prounounced as "Jin".. uggh....
Feb 18, 2010 6:54 AM
Jun 2009
though i think some tagalog-dubbed anime were doin' good...
Feb 18, 2010 7:29 AM

Apr 2009
let me see any filipino dubbing group do hanamaru and if i still think that the kids are still cute, it's ok.. for now, no.. only japanese people seem to be the only ones to pull off MOE..
Feb 19, 2010 4:16 PM

Dec 2009
@Katzennie
downloading raws is not illegal.. unless publishers claims that they bought the license of "that" anime (only in US)... its a countries per basis, it really depends.... our law doesn't prohibit us from downloading anything in the internet and why is that?? because we don't have that kind of law in our Constitution, in US they need to claim the license first before taking down the anime that they subbed so if no one claims or publish the anime, you can do anything that you wanted to... and always remember that Japan is not US.. and Philippines is not Japan (different Laws and Constitution).. it will be illegal if you broadcast it on television without permission on japanese studio company.

So I'll ask you again? is it still illegal? the answer is NO! NO! NO! NO!
FYI... why do you think piratebay is still alive? because in their law, (Swedish Law) they have done nothing wrong at all.
Feb 19, 2010 4:45 PM

Apr 2009
i just love the way it all works out for us pirates and crackers..
Feb 19, 2010 9:01 PM
Jun 2008
well give it known fil-voices people are known for to voice more than one or more characters besides they do a lot.

give them some cred there not like seiyu & english rosters who have many voices people while phlis have few to do many characters.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Mar 9, 2010 12:10 AM

Apr 2009
OA na walang feeling sila magdubbed para saken,

kahit siguro maglabas sila ng drama anime di ako maiiyak, professional dubber b tlga sila?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2010 9:18 PM
May 2009
RenzAikawaX said:

but, i hate the english dub more, at least for most anime....but i like the english dub for Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood on Animax....makes me lmao...

very true indeed. Roy's voice sounded like ghey XD
Mar 9, 2010 11:03 PM

May 2008
Filipino Dubbing....

Hindi naman sa Ayaw ko nito (voted NO XD)..pero mas prefered ko lang talaga yung Japanese with subtitles...

Kung Ikukumpara mo yung dating dub ng mga anime sa ngayon...eh mas maganda yung dati...mas lalo na yung mga panahon ng Yu Yu Hakusho (Ghost fighter) at Dragon Ball Z XD

Mar 10, 2010 6:33 PM
Jan 2009
i think, it depends, dubbing in hero TV is very bad..then they have those idiot dubber cuts who pissed me off..but i guess TV 5 is doing well, like in haruhi,s and code geass, its not that bad like on hero TV.
Mar 10, 2010 10:26 PM

Nov 2007
nde co alam. pero iniicp co lang kung panu nila ggwin un pagddub kei konata mylabs?..
Mar 11, 2010 2:32 AM

May 2009
Wow... Ang galing at buhay pa ang thread na ito. :D

Mar 12, 2010 12:39 AM

Apr 2009
Para sa akin mas maganda ang mga anime dati kesa ngayon..
Example:
Cowboy Bebop
Yu yu hakusho
Evangelion
Macross
Gundam...

Ayos naman ang mga 90's ah? hehe
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2010 2:05 AM

May 2009
Tama. Isama mo narin ang Slam Dunk, DBZ pati Magic Knights Rayearth.

Mar 12, 2010 3:10 AM

Apr 2009
Tobi-sama said:

Aw! DBZ sucks! heheh..haba ng labanan,so boring
Mar 12, 2010 3:40 AM

Dec 2009
hmmm can't compare... kc meron nmn ngaun Baccano and Durarara mganda rin ang story.. sbihin n lng ntin pana panahon lng yan

kc ngustuhan ko lhat eh o_O
gendouhydeistMar 12, 2010 3:44 AM
Mar 12, 2010 5:10 AM

May 2009
ezaya said:
Tobi-sama said:

Aw! DBZ sucks! heheh..haba ng labanan,so boring

Boring ngayon yun kasi sawang-sawa ka na talaga. Pero yung ligaya na natamo ko nung una kong napanood yung DBZ, walang katapat talaga.

gendouhydeist said:
hmmm can't compare... kc meron nmn ngaun Baccano and Durarara mganda rin ang story.. sbihin n lng ntin pana panahon lng yan

kc ngustuhan ko lhat eh o_O

Ga-rei Zero, Clannad, Gungrave imba din ang story. Pero iba parin ang "classics". Mas maganda ung animation pati dubbing ngayong generation na to pero iba parin ung appreciation ko dun sa mga unang anime na kinalakihan ko :))

Apr 14, 2010 1:49 AM
Dec 2009
heto mga celebrity dubbers sa mga anime and cartoons:

sa men in black: agent j (played by will smith) was voiced by raymond bagatsing; agent k (played by tommy lee jones) was voiced by mr dante rivero and agent lwas voiced by ms. dexter doria; sa voltes v, joonee gamboa voices dr smith; michael de mesa voices dr hook; dennis trillo voices steve armstrong; sandara park voices jaime robinson; igi boy flores voices little john armstrong; princess sandra was voiced by nikki valdez, joseph bitangcol as prince zardoz tapos ichigo kurosaki was voiced by the late marky cielo. BTW yung english dub ni ichigo kurosaki si johnny yong bosch who is best known as adam park sa power rangers
mrpogi91Feb 3, 2011 10:49 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Mature romance anime

extrarice7186 - Dec 16, 2020

4 by concerned2 »»
Oct 6, 2022 8:24 PM

» Your Favourite Female Characters? ( 1 2 )

Komika - Jun 3, 2008

73 by Nainu_ »»
Aug 16, 2022 3:55 AM

» Otakuzine and other magazines

YumikoMegurine - Jan 24, 2012

28 by Phoenics33 »»
Mar 15, 2021 9:14 PM

» FALC Couples

dante_90 - Dec 24, 2012

6 by removed-user »»
Jan 5, 2021 5:16 PM

» Sa mga namasko

tsurainu - Dec 25, 2011

2 by removed-user »»
Nov 28, 2020 7:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.