Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 20, 2008 12:29 AM

Feb 2008
I don't know if this the right place to post this, but Mike Shinoda is in the band Linkin Park, so I don't see why not.

Now, I don't listen to much rap, I hate 50 Cent and all that shit, but I like the "underground" style of rap. The only rap/hip-hop (I don't bother trying to distinguish between the two) groups I like so far are Styles of Beyond, X-Ecutioners, and The Roots. Then there's Fort Minor.

My favourite rap album by far is Fort Minor's The Rising Tied. It sounds better than any rap album I've ever heard, and it has a pretty unique sound to it. The fact that Mike Shinoda wrote and composed everything also gives the album a sense of authenticity that's lacking in the ultra-mainstream, made-for-MTV, cookie-cutter, manufactured bullshit that dominates rap and hip-hop.

His solo project is leaps and bounds ahead of anything else in the rap industry. Mike Shinoda is a very talented musician, and I think this album demonstrates that. As a side note, the exposure that the heavily featured Styles of Beyond got from The Rising Tied got me interested in that group, and they're now my favourite rap artists. I love Megadef and Razor Tag, and I look forward to Rocket Surgery.

What do you think of The Rising Tied? Love it? Hate it?
SubstanceDMar 20, 2008 12:40 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 20, 2008 4:05 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Mike Shinoda is a god. The Rising Tied is a masterpiece, a lot of great artists using even better lyrics for amazing tracks. I love it. I can't even pick any favorite tracks, they're all awesome.

After I got the album I searched for more of his stuff, and found a mixtape that was releaed before The Rising Tied. My fave dj DJ Green Lantern mixed it, and it's the best mixtape I got. It has a few songs on it that aren't on The Rising Tied. I can only recommend it, go for it if you can find a torrent. The name is 'Fort Minor - We Major'.

And some weeks ago I found Fort Minor's 'The Militia EP', has only a few tracks on it but they're kickass, too.

I dunno, everything Mike touches turns to gold for me. :D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 20, 2008 2:56 PM

Feb 2008
I already have We Major. Great mixtape. I'll look for The Militia EP though. Thanks.
Mar 29, 2008 1:40 AM
Jul 2007
Well, I don't think The Rising Tied is godly, probably because I heard plenty of other Hip-Hop but I still love this album. It's basically Mike Shinoda blending underground rap & pop rap (That's why you can remember almost everything, very catchy). I think it's the reason why I got into underground Hip-Hop. If you need recommendations for other great underground rappers, tell me ;)

Good to see you like SOB, they're not really a meaningful group, just alot of battle rhyming. They're talented, and I have mad respect for them. I can't wait for Rocket Surgery. They sound great on guitars.
I'll get a sig... Someday...
Jan 21, 2009 1:06 AM

Jan 2009
I don't think you can say 'masterpiece' about music but w/e.I don't listen to this rap/hip-hop that 50 Cent and Akon play ( I got nothing with them) but Fort Minor's Riseing Tied sure is good and I enjoy listeing to it :)
Mar 15, 2009 6:12 AM

Aug 2007
Oh, I used to listen to this album A LOT. Great one, Mike's insanely talented! O_o
Mar 20, 2009 1:19 PM

Jan 2008
MB007 said:
I don't think you can say 'masterpiece' about music but w/e.I don't listen to this rap/hip-hop that 50 Cent and Akon play ( I got nothing with them) but Fort Minor's Riseing Tied sure is good and I enjoy listeing to it :)

yea i dont like that much rap either the only ones i like are the ones that lp and mike have worked with and emeniem and a couple of kayne west
~Skater_yoshi_gurl~
~I love gator~
~skater yoshi gurl n gator~
Jul 3, 2009 4:25 AM

Dec 2008
Did mike ever work solo??
What the fuck. Who cares?

Aug 16, 2009 5:14 AM

Mar 2009
it was quite good!^^
Aug 23, 2009 10:33 AM

Feb 2009
Mmh yeah it was not bad, but the only songs I hear from this album are "Believe me", "Remember the Name" and "Where'd you go". I don't know why but the other songs just weren't so good to me. :/
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Favorite Live?

Daeb - Jul 29, 2020

0 by Daeb »»
Jul 29, 2020 11:10 AM

» Grey Daze 2020

cyruz - Jul 1, 2020

4 by ParadiseSukai »»
Jul 5, 2020 5:14 PM

» Your Top 10 Linkin Park Songs ( 1 2 )

-SeRg- - Sep 11, 2007

66 by Sojiryu »»
Oct 7, 2014 9:14 AM

» Member Cards requests ( 1 2 3 )

Captain_Brain - Mar 18, 2010

126 by Sojiryu »»
Sep 19, 2014 11:36 AM

Poll: » Favorite Linkin Park Band Member?

CeroStrife - Oct 25, 2008

23 by heliotrope »»
Mar 12, 2014 1:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.