Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 22, 2017 10:30 PM

Nov 2016

Opened 24 hours a day, the cafeteria is ready to serve the school population with their delicious food.

Students may choose between their daily menu which consist of two soup dish, two salad course, five main dishes and two desserts.

Food fight is strictly forbidden in the cafeteria so please settle your differences outside.

Agent_No-BentoApr 24, 2017 3:56 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 4, 2017 6:37 AM

Nov 2014
Julian Foley aka. Mr. Fluffals

Being unfamiliar with the area, he was at a complete loss inside of the building. Normally he'd have checked the "Fire Emergency maps", which are usually located throughout the school building, but unfortunately for him, he was far too short to be able to see what was on them and he didn't wish to use too much energy to find out where he had to go either, so he simply decided to wander throughout the school on instinct. And the place to which he was taken on said instinct was... The cafeteria.

He should have guessed as much. This is the results of having the instincts of a cat... Julian had wondered if he should move on to another part of the building or stay there and have a meal. Well, the obvious course of action after being chased around by a bunch of brats all morning was to have a meal of course. He walked over to the counter and jumped on the counter and then asked: "Uhm, hello there. Excuse me, but is any of the five main dishes a pure meat dish or have any fish in it?" Julian asked a bit nervously to the clerk.

Julian was rather fascinated by how "nice" everything looked. When he was forced to go to school with pretty much a pitch fork to the neck the school cafeteria looked absolutely terrible and smelled like it was feeding rotten dog corpses to the students, in contrast to this school's cafeteria which looked like it was a small restaurant like place.

[Note; Hello there, I am bored]
totally not bait for dad jokes
Jun 7, 2017 4:34 AM

Nov 2016

“Hmm,” Janice mumbled to herself as she tapped her fountain pen on her cheeks. She’d been busy working in the kitchen all day to prepare for the meal. Since the new school term had not started, there wasn’t many students coming in. It’d been rather lax lately and was the perfect time to work on creating new recipes. She was hopeful that she would be able to create a brand new menu by the time the new students arrive.

Deep in thoughts, she jumped when a male’s voice echoed from the front. “Coming!” she yelled before recapping her pen and emerging from the back of the kitchen. Janice was slightly surprised when she realized that her customer was a cat, a talking cat to boot.

She’d seen plenty of abnormal things since joining DD Nen a year ago. As such, it wouldn’t take her long before she composed herself. “Hello there!” she greeted the newcomer, “Yes, four of them are meat dishes. Perhaps I can recommend you our Lamb Shank? We braised them with fresh herbs and it comes with a side dish of mixed vegetables and mash potatoes.” She recommended, “If lamb is not your thing, then perhaps our Asian Salmon? They’re done in a tray and baked with sweet potatoes.”

Janice spoke with great energy since food was her passion. There was no hint of belittling at all and she was respectful towards Julian’s personal space. “Is everything fine? You seems tired.”

@TheAnimeAdmiral
Jun 7, 2017 5:09 AM

Nov 2014

His small, meekly "Hello there" was returned by a yell coming from the kitchen. That, for Julian anyways, blew away the peaceful atmosphere which was in the cafeteria up until then. As Julian looked at the person who emerged from the kitchen he faced the immediate realization that this person was most definitely one of "those" people. The optimists. Or otherwise known as, the people Julian has trouble dealing with. He made a mental note to himself to not try and make any form of small talk with the young looking girl, who appeared as though she just finished high school.

The girl then gave a brief on the menu and gave her own recommendations for what to pick. There was really one dish that he wanted after hearing her suggestions. As such, it took next to no time for him to decide on his meal. "Th-the Asian Salmon, please." And, he stuttered.... This is what happens when you force a NEET to go outside and interact, unless Julian pays attention to his words, he'll either be too silent because of his body or just straight up stutter, the stuttering problem happens in both of his bodies though...

She then asked him if "everything was fine"... Was everything fine? He was forced to go outside of his comfort zone, find a job and now even work a full time job. How was any of that fine!? For a normal person it might seem like the everyday life, but for someone like Julian, who's had everything he needed in life put down on a silver plate generally money though this was complete blasphemy. Well, not like he was a positive person to begin with. He always found a problem with something and always could complain about something in his life after all. After brainstorming what the clerk asked him, he sighed. "Yes, everything is fine, I'm always like this." Julian answered. Even though he could complain about a lot of things, whether he did and or should is another matter altogether...
Jun 7, 2017 5:32 AM

Nov 2016

“Okay,” Janice noted the order though she would picked up on the male’s lack-of-interest response to her question on whether he was fine or not. She decided against probing further, it doesn’t seem like Julian would answer her anyway. Besides, she was merely a stranger to him and not everyone’s comfortable with sharing their issues with another soul.

“Perhaps you would take a seat,” she smiled, “Oh, would you like a drink? Perhaps something tropical? We do serve alcohol as well, you’re not underage right?”

When she received the answer from Julian, she grinned and nodded at the feline. “Alright, I’ll be right back with your order.” she said before excusing herself.

@TheAnimeAdmiral
Jun 7, 2017 6:54 PM

Nov 2014

It had been only a few brief moments since he entered the school grounds yet already he was angry with himself. Stuttering? What was he a preschooler? Disappointment to himself he was, yet again. He started questioning himself if he was even an "adult". Do other people his age worry about these kinds of small things? Do they not? Maybe if he was more social he'd know, but he couldn't even manage to do that. He started questioning if he should even be in this room, no, building. This school was probably made for talented young people of various origins to advance to greater heights than even students of prestige private schools, to obtain even higher achievements than the history's greatest... And there he was, supposedly a teacher... Who technically has only a single degree in history, which was actually obtained online... ...

Coming back to reality, he heard the woman say something peculiar. She told him they served alcohol which was a rather odd statement to him, hence he decided to inquire about it a bit. "Excuse me, but you serve alcohol here? I was under impression that the school strictly prohibited alcohol on school grounds, or is this place just an exception to that rule?"
After he'd receive his answer, he'd also reply about her question if he'd like a drink. "I see, well I'd like some apple juice then, please." He said.

She then gave a small grin and left. After she did so, Julian himself took a deep breath and sighed heavily, after which he mumbled to himself: "And I'm gonna have to teach, in front of class full of students.... .... I do believe I've never even given a presentation before let alone a lesson... ... Oh boy..."

He then moved to one of the green sofa like "chairs" and got into a sitting position while waiting for the woman to come back.
Jun 8, 2017 9:48 PM

Nov 2016

“The Cafeteria’s the only place that sells alcohol. But it’s strictly for teachers and students above the age of eighteen. Don’t worry about that. However, the school store does sell Japanese alcohol as well.” Janice answered before she left. She guessed it was unusual that a place for education would allow the existence of alcohol. However, from what she’d learned from JV, the Discipline Master was that the Principal was much more tolerant towards issues. However, drugs were an exception to that. She remembered the few times she’d managed to speak to the Principal and she felt like he was much like a wild child.

Focusing back on her work, she started the oven while she worked on seasoning the salmon. Since she’d begun working in DD Nen, she was entirely grateful for the liberty and freedom she had in creating her own dishes. Humming a lullaby under her breath, she worked briskly to prepare the meal.

Placing the salmon in the oven, she grinned after ensuring that everything was going well. Julian had ordered for a glass of apple juice and she proceeded to prepare a fresh glass for him. When she was done, she exited the kitchen and presented that to the cat-teacher.

“Hello there,” she smiled, “the salmon’s gonna take some time. Here’s the apple juice you asked for. The apples just came in today so I hope you’ll like it.” She took the effort to pour the juice in a bowl so that it will be easier for Julian to consume it. “Would you mind if I take a seat here?”

@TheAnimeAdmiral
Jun 13, 2017 8:55 AM

Nov 2014

He was rather happy to gain some useful information about the school. If what the clerk said was true, which it most likely was, then he could come here during evenings after his classes were done and/or when he'd have a bad day to come for a small drink. Then he realized he'd probably get pretty acquainted with the clerk here if he was gonna come here every day of the year... He really did lead a sad life. Maybe he should fix it? But then the everyday answer to that everyday question came to him yet again. He was too old for that. "Hmmm, I see."

After a small amount of time passed, the clerk came back again bringing him the apple juice he ordered. As she came out from the kitchen she greeted him and he greeted her back. "Ah, yes, hello. I'm really not good at this whole communication thing... And he then noticed how she brought his apple juice in... It was in a bowl. His original plan was to transform into his human state while he was eating, because he didn't want anyone really seeing him eat, as he felt "uncomfortable". It made him feel like an absolute beast or something, not that he technically wasn't.

Well, I can just drink it from the bowl, whatever. It doesn't look like anyone is here either way. No, of course not. He said. But to what? He wondered for a second before snapping back into reality. Ah, that's right. The clerk had asked him whether he minded if she sat here. And he gave her an answer on auto-pilot. He truly was a complete idiot. The thing he was bothered most by wasn't even his "supposed" stupidity and conversation skills, it was the fact that he was getting embarrassed so easily. For now he just wondered, if it was gonna be more awkward to suddenly turn into a 50 year old "geezer" or stay as he is and eat, for the first time in front of others in his cat form.
Jun 19, 2017 6:52 AM

Nov 2016

Janice was all smiles as she settled down opposite the cat-like figure. If this was a regular cat, she would had grabbed him into her arms and stroked his luxurious fur. However, since he was a shifter, she would have to control her impulses. She did wonder briefly whether she should seek his permission to touch him. Since she works long hours in the cafeteria, she couldn’t afford the time to visit the cat café in Lunaris. She’d briefly considered the option of adopting a cat of her own but she was quick to dismiss the idea. She had high doubts that she wouldn’t be able to commit the time and effort necessary for one. It wasn’t as if she could bring it to work since it wasn’t the most hygienic to begin with.

“Is something the matter?” Janice questioned when her guest appeared hesitant in taking the drink. Unfortunately, since she wasn’t a mind-reader, she was incapable of knowing the turmoil going on in his mind. “Is the juice not to your liking? Or perhaps there’s something on your mind?”

After Julian responded to her question, she would smile and nod in understanding. Shall he request for an alternate drink or for his juice to be served in a tall glass instead, she will proceed to change it to his liking. “You’re new, aren’t you?” she proposed and tightened the ponytail on her head. “I guess it might be overwhelming for you to be in DD Nen. If you have any questions, I’ll be happy to help you answer. I mean, I might not know everything but I’ll try my best.”

@TheAnimeAdmiral
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » ::: Student Enrollment Exercise :::

Ning_Yue - Apr 22, 2017

14 by Elvario »»
Jul 3, 2017 1:09 PM

» [School] Club Nidawi's Clubroom [East Building]

Agent_No-Bento - May 31, 2017

8 by Elvario »»
Jun 16, 2017 10:51 AM

Sticky: » ::: Non-Teaching Staff and Others' Profiles ::

Agent_No-Bento - Apr 25, 2017

2 by Ning_Yue »»
Jun 4, 2017 2:48 AM

» [School] The Principal's Office [Main Building]

Agent_No-Bento - May 9, 2017

25 by Ning_Yue »»
Jun 1, 2017 1:21 AM

» [School] Entrance to DD Nen School for the Exceptional

Agent_No-Bento - Mar 30, 2017

19 by TheAnimeAdmiral »»
May 30, 2017 10:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.