Forum Settings
Forums

What are some games you think fell off the hardest over the years?

New
Sep 8, 4:25 PM

May 2023
Games that were good ,but over the years new directors/developers ruined it
Hi
Sep 8, 7:08 PM

Feb 2010
Overwatch, without question. The perfect textbook case of what happens when you disregard the "little things". Well that, and also disregarding much of the playerbase.

salute @ Mercy mains, this world didn't deserve your love and patience

Sep 8, 7:58 PM
☆RetroRice☆

Oct 2023
For some reason I thought of Roblox. I haven’t touched it for a long time because of the fact it wasn’t really fun anymore and felt really bland. When my YouTube recommendations started talking about dress to impress, I tried to play it and couldn’t get into it. Idk if Roblox counts, just felt like saying this
Sep 8, 8:41 PM

Sep 2018
Easily Paper Mario series. From paper mario 64- SPM the stories and characters were 1st priority. After those games it turned into PAPER mario. Haha folding paper and staples. All the soul of good stories and characters were sacrificed for a foolish design philosophy that ruined the franchise even to this day.
Xenoblade series also fell off after X.
Sep 9, 2:00 AM

Feb 2020
For what I've actually played, probably Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash.
I think I was one of the early adopters on PS4 (in Europe). The Online experience was always pretty bad, couldn't find any players, took ages to start one as they needed 6 players. When the Global server came online it was pretty much unplayable, at least half the players would disconnect, sometimes it would just be me left. It was very unbalanced with the DLC weapons & cards also (which I didn't use), but it was truly a miserable experience.
Some die hard players tried to keep the game alive, but I think it was only a year or a bit more until they disappeared.
Support for the game wasn't there, if there were fixes they didn't work, and funnily enough it was still possible and easier to find games on the previous SK game (Estival Versus) than this one.
Sep 9, 2:42 AM

Jun 2021
Crash Bandicoot series... twice.

i had no problem until Crash Nitro Kart included even if for some people the last good game of the series was the original Crash Team Racing, in fact, i still return often to Crash Bash (i'll gladly choose it over any smash bros game any single day) and The Wrath Of Cortex was "more of the same" but fine overall (to date my only real issues with it are the long waiting screens and re-using the same character over and over as a boss). Twinsanity... gave up after two levels at best, played Crash Tag Team Racing too but even the karting spinoff was becoming weaker and weaker, i spent more time by going around the map than by taking part to real races. During the rest of the 2000's i only played briefly Crash Boom Bang and most of the Game Boy Advance games, but didn't bother with the following two main games. And then... N-Sane Trilogy happened after 7 years, it was cool, Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled came after and it soon turned out to be my favorite game of the entire series and a set in stone member of my top 10 favorite videogames of all time... what could possibly go wrong?

... i hated the fourth game, abandoned it and uninstalled at about 1/3 of its entirety (luckily it was a borrowed copy and avoided wasting money on it), first two levels are fine and then it begins being sadistic just for the sake of it (and post-apocalyptic concept sucks). i won't go in details why, i don't consider myself a noob because i 100% and more completed every previous main game of the series at least once including CNK and the two PS4 remakes, but in hindsight it seems even more a game made infuriating on purpose to milk the series one final time and then abandoning it for real... that crash team rumble flop (refused to even try it after watching the trailers) and the recent (unsurprising...) cancellation of the 5th chapter are the final nails in the coffin.
_untitledSep 10, 11:45 PM
Sep 10, 3:06 PM

Feb 2010
Every one of these answers is really good. Things were worse than I thought.

Sep 13, 8:16 PM

Aug 2012
Call of Duty is one I used to like and play, but just thought they stopped being fun.

Sep 13, 10:26 PM

Apr 2015
Atelier, now that it's going away from the turn-based battles that made the series fun. Now it's just trying to be an action series like most other JRPG's.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 14, 10:07 AM

Aug 2012
Reply to Tropisch
Atelier, now that it's going away from the turn-based battles that made the series fun. Now it's just trying to be an action series like most other JRPG's.
You are not the only one who feels this way. :( I honestly loved the turn based system a lot more than the real time stuff. Some friends also say this too when we discuss this series

Sep 14, 12:33 PM

Apr 2012
I don't think I've ever seen this happen. Normally, new directors/developers make new games instead of changing existing ones. In any case, never use a system which forces game updates on you.

I thought this thread would be more like how Kick Off 2 was king of football games until Sensible Soccer came along.
Today, 1:52 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to Shishio-kun
Overwatch, without question. The perfect textbook case of what happens when you disregard the "little things". Well that, and also disregarding much of the playerbase.

salute @ Mercy mains, this world didn't deserve your love and patience

@Shishio-kun While I absolutely agree that Overwatch is the ultimate example of this, Mercy mains were the most toxic people ever in the player base...
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
7 hours ago

Apr 2015
Reply to Yuno
You are not the only one who feels this way. :( I honestly loved the turn based system a lot more than the real time stuff. Some friends also say this too when we discuss this series
@Yuno It's pretty sad to be honest, nevermind that the turn-based stuff had better animations personally. There were silly and cool ones, you can't get that from action based. Yumia also seems to be dumbing down the alchemy system from what I've heard, which, if true, is taking away one of the biggest things of the series.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
6 hours ago

Feb 2010
Reply to JaniSIr
@Shishio-kun While I absolutely agree that Overwatch is the ultimate example of this, Mercy mains were the most toxic people ever in the player base...
@JaniSIr whaaaaaaaaa I had the exact opposite experience, many times! I admit a couple of them were very sassy back to anyone who was toxic first.

But Googling it just now I see you may be right lol. I think it may be a comp problem however. I only did comp a few times and I never went back because the wait was abysmal and ppl quit and never came back. I didn't see any point in doing it without a 6-person premade team. So all Mercys I knew were in casual QP and arcade (I have 2000 hours in each iirc). I got along with them really well and many of them were so sweet to everyone too. A lot of heart posts and UwU etc

6 hours ago

Jul 2021
Reply to Shishio-kun
@JaniSIr whaaaaaaaaa I had the exact opposite experience, many times! I admit a couple of them were very sassy back to anyone who was toxic first.

But Googling it just now I see you may be right lol. I think it may be a comp problem however. I only did comp a few times and I never went back because the wait was abysmal and ppl quit and never came back. I didn't see any point in doing it without a 6-person premade team. So all Mercys I knew were in casual QP and arcade (I have 2000 hours in each iirc). I got along with them really well and many of them were so sweet to everyone too. A lot of heart posts and UwU etc

@Shishio-kun Well, Mercy mains in particular always seemed like an echo chamber of people who refuse to learn the game, and would crucify you for any dissenting opinion on hero balance.

Mercy was my third most played hero, but I was a Widow main, and for example when I told people that in a Widow vs Mercy match up Mercy has a huge advantage just because of bullet size they didn't believe me, even though I have been plenty on both sides...

Though Mercy wasn't the only hero attracting particularly toxic players, and Overwatch in general had a very toxic community anyway...

I once had a guy throw because we "didn't deserve to win" because we had 5 dps and a healer, even though we had 7 minutes advantage in Anubis... Imagine getting upset over WINNING HARD.

I hate that game.
6 hours ago

Apr 2017
Reply to _untitled

i had no problem until Crash Nitro Kart included even if for some people the last good game of the series was the original Crash Team Racing, in fact, i still return often to Crash Bash (i'll gladly choose it over any smash bros game any single day) and The Wrath Of Cortex was "more of the same" but fine overall (to date my only real issues with it are the long waiting screens and re-using the same character over and over as a boss). Twinsanity... gave up after two levels at best, played Crash Tag Team Racing too but even the karting spinoff was becoming weaker and weaker, i spent more time by going around the map than by taking part to real races. During the rest of the 2000's i only played briefly Crash Boom Bang and most of the Game Boy Advance games, but didn't bother with the following two main games. And then... N-Sane Trilogy happened after 7 years, it was cool, Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled came after and it soon turned out to be my favorite game of the entire series and a set in stone member of my top 10 favorite videogames of all time... what could possibly go wrong?

... i hated the fourth game, abandoned it and uninstalled at about 1/3 of its entirety (luckily it was a borrowed copy and avoided wasting money on it), first two levels are fine and then it begins being sadistic just for the sake of it (and post-apocalyptic concept sucks). i won't go in details why, i don't consider myself a noob because i 100% and more completed every previous main game of the series at least once including CNK and the two PS4 remakes, but in hindsight it seems even more a game made infuriating on purpose to milk the series one final time and then abandoning it for real... that crash team rumble flop (refused to even try it after watching the trailers) and the recent (unsurprising...) cancellation of the 5th chapter are the final nails in the coffin.
_untitled said:

Someone remembers Crash Bandicoot? Wow. That game was my childhood
I'll make it with the power of cute

I'm unstoppable
4 hours ago

Feb 2010
Reply to JaniSIr
@Shishio-kun Well, Mercy mains in particular always seemed like an echo chamber of people who refuse to learn the game, and would crucify you for any dissenting opinion on hero balance.

Mercy was my third most played hero, but I was a Widow main, and for example when I told people that in a Widow vs Mercy match up Mercy has a huge advantage just because of bullet size they didn't believe me, even though I have been plenty on both sides...

Though Mercy wasn't the only hero attracting particularly toxic players, and Overwatch in general had a very toxic community anyway...

I once had a guy throw because we "didn't deserve to win" because we had 5 dps and a healer, even though we had 7 minutes advantage in Anubis... Imagine getting upset over WINNING HARD.

I hate that game.
@JaniSIr D: I always wanted to play Widow but I simply did not know where to go and could never hit my headshots on real players :D

I was also a Mercy-third-most-played! I kind of consider myself a Mercy secondary main in a way because of this.

Maybe it's voice chat? I never got into voice chat, only text, so I don't remember much toxicity there and only about me a handful of times out of thousands of games.
4 hours ago

Jul 2021
Reply to Shishio-kun
@JaniSIr D: I always wanted to play Widow but I simply did not know where to go and could never hit my headshots on real players :D

I was also a Mercy-third-most-played! I kind of consider myself a Mercy secondary main in a way because of this.

Maybe it's voice chat? I never got into voice chat, only text, so I don't remember much toxicity there and only about me a handful of times out of thousands of games.
@Shishio-kun You could probably figure out where to go, but since all the characters have instant acceleration, their head hitbox can jump all over the screen, that's why people spam AD and crouch constantly... Hitting that is ridiculous. And I could headshot Tracers blinking around me.

Sooo how is Mercy your second main, when you played her third most?

Voice and text is all bad, but I also posted on the Overwatch forum... I know.

More topics from this board

» PS5 Pro will cost $700 while not including a drive to play physical games!? Is it doomed!?

rohan121 - Sep 10

32 by Yuno »»
4 seconds ago

» Japanese games vs. American games

coolyfruity - Aug 28

33 by Old_School_Akira »»
9 minutes ago

» Google's new product, NotebookLM, makes fake podcasts from just text files, and...

Daviljoe193 - 6 hours ago

0 by Daviljoe193 »»
6 hours ago

» What's the most obscure game you've ever played?

karioka- - Aug 16

21 by Tropisch »»
7 hours ago

» Has anyone played Hira Hira Hihiru? Thoughts?

Rajidae - 8 hours ago

0 by Rajidae »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.