Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 12, 8:34 AM
Aug 2024
With over 150 romance seasons under my belt I think i can properly say that Kimi ni Todoke gives the best real-life relationship advice in the whole media.

There are many lessons you an take from this season alone.
Every single romantic couple being developed this season tackles romantic relationships from a different angle. It's so fucking mind blowing how good this anime is bro. Trust me.

I wish this season came 10 years earlier, I feel so bad for my first girlfriend now lmaoo

What do you think?
Aug 12, 8:40 AM
Apr 2022
definitely rascal does not dream
Aug 12, 8:43 AM
Aug 2024
Reply to ThunderDrago
@ThunderDrago We are talking about real life stuff here my bro, not that cringe ass yelling in front of the whole school bullshit.

Don't do ever do this crap. Close to half of the population is introverted to some degree and don't want that kind of attention
DumbAndPoorAug 12, 2:55 PM
Aug 12, 8:44 AM
Apr 2022
DumbAndPoor said:
@ThunderDrago We are talking about real life stuff here my bro. Not that cringe ass yelling in front of the whole school bullshit.

atleast they speak their mind
Aug 12, 8:47 AM
Nov 2023
ThunderDrago said:

Truth! But KnT is still close, just a little frustrating that nobody talks things through properly. Most of the situations come from shyness and failure to communicate. Easy to say from a western perspective, maybe Seishun Buta Yarou has westernised the characters too much. Only the Japanese know which is really more typical?
Aug 12, 8:54 AM
Nov 2023
DumbAndPoor said:
@ThunderDrago We are talking about real life stuff here my bro, not that cringe ass yelling in front of the whole school bullshit.

Don't do ever do this crap. Close to half of the population is introverted to some degree and don't what that kind of attention

Maybe half are introverted, but from experience I have been in Shabuya after dark. It’s full of extroverts. I’ve been in Ueno park and seen schoolkids loudly filming video of each other. I’ve seen cosplayers walking around Akihabara. Not every Japanese kid is quiet and shy, Sakuta may shout in front of the school out of desperation to save Mai from disappearing, but he’s an exception even in the show’s world. There are characters of all levels of confidence in both shows we’re discussing and that accurately reflects real live Japan.
Aug 12, 8:54 AM
Aug 2024
Reply to ThunderDrago
DumbAndPoor said:
@ThunderDrago We are talking about real life stuff here my bro. Not that cringe ass yelling in front of the whole school bullshit.

atleast they speak their mind
@ThunderDrago
Told you already. Kimi ni Todoke tackles romantic releationships from different angles.

There is an extroverted couple where both quickly speak their minds. It's no coincidence that Yano-Miura is the fastest developing relationship.
Aug 12, 9:06 AM
Jan 2021
Definitely. And the best romantic anime/manga in general imo.

It's easy to say in paper how frustrating is that they don't speak their minds, but when you're in a relationship yourself, at least like 80% of the time, is really difficult to talk things and get your feelings properly thru.
Aug 12, 10:48 AM
Nov 2023
shindasso said:
Definitely. And the best romantic anime/manga in general imo.

It's easy to say in paper how frustrating is that they don't speak their minds, but when you're in a relationship yourself, at least like 80% of the time, is really difficult to talk things and get your feelings properly thru.

I’ve had 2 relationships, one lasted a year because she was a bad communicator and lied a lot. Other is still going strong after 41 years because we spend the necessary time clearing up misunderstandings and exploring what the other sees as important. But honest considerate youngsters can get there over time if they don’t rush I believe. It’s about maturity, and that takes patience.
Aug 12, 2:58 PM
Aug 2024
Reply to FutoiOtaku
DumbAndPoor said:

Don't do ever do this crap. Close to half of the population is introverted to some degree and don't what that kind of attention

Maybe half are introverted, but from experience I have been in Shabuya after dark. It’s full of extroverts. I’ve been in Ueno park and seen schoolkids loudly filming video of each other. I’ve seen cosplayers walking around Akihabara. Not every Japanese kid is quiet and shy, Sakuta may shout in front of the school out of desperation to save Mai from disappearing, but he’s an exception even in the show’s world. There are characters of all levels of confidence in both shows we’re discussing and that accurately reflects real live Japan.
@FutoiOtaku loud kids get noticed, introverts don't.

Kimi ni Todoke is clearly aimed at introverted people which also happens to be the kind of people that anime attracts.

And i'm not talking about japan, couldn't care less about japan. I'm talking about the whole world here.

FutoiOtaku said:
It’s about maturity, and that takes patience.

Most relationships fail and some are even unpleasant at this stage of life because we humans lack experience. Kimi ni Todoke offers lessons that will save you some suffering and pain.

I never told my first grilfriend to tell me her feelings, we never talked aboout that. I was just that horny teenager that wanted sex.
That was our idea of a relationship.

Kimi ni Todoke's input is unvaluable.
DumbAndPoorAug 12, 3:10 PM
Aug 12, 3:15 PM
Nov 2023
Not making sense at all there. Loud kids are a different breed to confident. They’re annoying. I personally have lived a life of low self confidence, and as a result I have treated people I value with care and consideration because I don’t want to lose them. But I still make the effort to engage fully with those people so that there are no misunderstandings that may lead to serious disagreements later. I, as an introvert, love the way the characters treat each other with excessive gentleness from fear of offending. But that is a childish logic that won’t work well in adult life. They of course will grow up, but it’s still frustrating from the viewpoint of an experienced adult in a successful long term relationship to see the mistakes and drama coming from the poor communication of the kids. Doesn’t mean I don’t love their sincerity, it just reminds me of teenage me.
But I still also believe that Sakuta and Mai have a better and more realistic relationship.
Aug 13, 8:03 AM
Jan 2021
FutoiOtaku said:
Not making sense at all there. Loud kids are a different breed to confident. They’re annoying. I personally have lived a life of low self confidence, and as a result I have treated people I value with care and consideration because I don’t want to lose them. But I still make the effort to engage fully with those people so that there are no misunderstandings that may lead to serious disagreements later. I, as an introvert, love the way the characters treat each other with excessive gentleness from fear of offending. But that is a childish logic that won’t work well in adult life. They of course will grow up, but it’s still frustrating from the viewpoint of an experienced adult in a successful long term relationship to see the mistakes and drama coming from the poor communication of the kids. Doesn’t mean I don’t love their sincerity, it just reminds me of teenage me.
But I still also believe that Sakuta and Mai have a better and more realistic relationship.

That's the point.

They're kids, we see them growing up and maturing with the time and misunderstandings. It may be a little frustrating but that's just how it should be, you have to learn from your mistakes cause you're not born knowing how to deal with your emotions.

I don't remember much about Sakuta and Mai relationship development, nor have I read the ln, but from what I remember it didn't felt that special imo.
Aug 13, 8:06 AM
Jan 2021
Like, I don't think it was better and more realistic than Sawa and Kazehaya, or Ryu and Chizu, or Yano and Kento.
Aug 14, 4:57 AM
Jun 2023
Lmao imagine thinking this shoujo wet dream anime with unrealistic character & stupid misunderstanding is great love story.
Aug 14, 12:11 PM

Sep 2014
Wickjohn31 with the obvious rage bait lmao

Anyway

I agree.
I think kimi ni todoke teaches a lot of great lessons. don't judge a book by it's cover, treat others how you want to be treated, communication is key. the third season was the best at this because we got to see a bit more of kazehaya's reasoning and understand every character's behavior a bit better. I can't really think of a romance anime that compares in the amount of different themes and situations it (successfully) tackles over its course.
Aug 20, 3:00 AM
Aug 2017
As someone who just watched s3, I can safely agree with this. Being in a relationship isn't easy and it does come with many struggles and happy moments. On an emotional level, this is the literal only romance anime that I could relate to. Having been in a relationship for 3 years now, I couldnt help but notice parts of myself through Sawako and Kazehaya's journey, especially on the way Sawako interprets things and solves problems. Sawako's quote "Solving problems together makes the love grow" especially stood out to me because me and my boyfriend's connection got stronger than ever once we learned to rely on eachother and start solving problems together. Both Kazehaya and Sawako are flawed characters but they have such realistical flaws, alongside the other characters that were carefully crafted.
Aug 29, 3:36 PM
Jan 2019
Yes, I do think Kimi ni Todoke gave a solid advice in term of relationship and you can learn a lot from it. Speaking from a 18 years old who never had a relationship, I think Kimi ni Todoke is is the most realistic anime.. if you ignore most of the insane misunderstanding between Kazehaya and Sawako that will never happens irl. But yeah this anime is amazing in term of realism.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 3rd Season Episode 2 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Aug 1

19 by Wintrius »»
Oct 14, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 3rd Season Episode 5 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Aug 1

47 by aurora_yuuki »»
Oct 13, 8:05 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 3rd Season Episode 3 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Aug 1

32 by CurlyAnocas »»
Oct 6, 9:47 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 3rd Season Episode 4 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Aug 1

23 by jeffersondkid »»
Oct 6, 12:47 AM

» About the recap episode

GrumbleDango - Aug 1

14 by Humaneky »»
Sep 30, 5:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.