Forum Settings
Forums
Sword Art Online Progressive (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 16, 4:21 PM
boop boop

Mar 2018
The boss fights and the music already carried the first movie for me, here once again
死だけが確実
Apr 26, 1:13 AM
Jan 2009
50:58, 1:01:56, you realize that Liten is super small and wearing this little suit of miniature armor. Looks like a kid wearing a knight costume for Halloween.
amf85Apr 26, 1:25 AM
May 18, 2:44 PM

Nov 2011
Just watched it after reading the fourth volume of the novel a short while ago (wanted to be up to date with the LN before watching it). Great boss battle, but I can't the shake the feeling that the rest is quite shallower than the novel, with barely scratched plot points and almost no character development (main duo, Argo, Shivata, Liten and the three missing raid members). Really nice addition regarding Kibaou though.

Also, why skip 4 floors? Unless they intend to go back to it later, which would feel weird. The whole point of the Progressive novels is seeing the journey of Kirito and Asuna in a continuous way, from one floor to another, with no notable time skip... How each of them is evolving as a character and as a duo and how each one's view of the world of Aincrad changes.

As already said, this would have definitely benefited from a series format, actually way more than the original series up until GGO.
KyragosMay 18, 2:48 PM
Aug 7, 11:07 PM
Jun 2023
Pada film ini untuk penceritaan terlalu buruk, perkembangan konflik dan karakter dari Asuna terkesan terlalu bertele-tele penyajian perkembangan karakter yang terlalu banyak dialog yang tidak perlu, perbaikan hubungan dengan temannya terkesan biasa saja dan kurang dramatis
Sep 29, 3:26 AM

Feb 2016
Watched the 1st movie on cinemas when it released, then wasn't able to go see this one, so I finally decided to give it a try.

I don't read novels so I don't compare it to anything but the anime itself, and I must say the Progressive project is way, way, WAY better than the anime, or should I say original SAO?
Asuna as the main focus is great, she is great in this, never been a big fan of her, something about her never really clicked with me, but these movies have finally made me like her.
About Kirito, he is shit in the anime, he and the shit writing makes me hate SAO, but in these movies he is great, because he feels like a normal dude, he acts like a normal dude, these movies fixed him.

Now, about this movie itself, it honestly feels like filler.
It starts boring, all that treasure hunting shit was boring, Asuna trying to recover her weapon was cool, but then we get a scene with her and Argo thaking a bath and is like, WHO THE FUCK IS ARGO? I mean I liked her, but she was never properly introduced to us, she appeared for like half a second and the end of the 1st movie, and now she shows up in this one like she paid the bills, wtf.
As I said, it all felt like filler, nothing really important happened here other than the damn flag stuff and Asuna learning about the Player Killers (which is something Kirito already knew lol).
The boss fight of course was the peak of this movie, IT WAS SICK, SICK I TELL YOU.

Even if this movie was kinda worst than the 1st one I hope someday they release a 3rd one, or as many as they need to finish all of this, becauase they are indeed nice movies.
But I kinda doubt that, it has been a couple of years already with no news, and that ending sequence confused me, we see Asuna transition to her Knights of the Blood armor and then we get a hard cut to her and Kirito holding hands at the end game, what was all that about? I wanna see why Asuna joins KotB, I wanna see if she gets separated from Kirito and maybe that's why she joins them? And what about the final boss? This was really weird.

Asuna looks gorgeous in this final shot tho.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Oct 12, 9:40 PM

Jul 2012
Got to see Argo's butt. Better than the first movie.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Why is the anime story different from the movie story?

zazo_Zero_2 - Sep 3

20 by Dhanamerdeka »»
Oct 4, 5:33 PM

» Mito is basically a replacement for Kizmel

Tank895 - Dec 31, 2023

5 by Touma_Mikoto »»
May 4, 11:00 PM

» Are we getting a sequel?

Mystogan14579 - Dec 20, 2023

8 by Sajonji »»
Jan 11, 1:36 PM

» English dub??

Ryan-marsh611 - Oct 29, 2023

5 by MazeCuber »»
Oct 30, 2023 9:47 PM

» fan services...

Zlight19 - Jan 3, 2023

6 by SkyCube »»
Sep 23, 2023 10:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.