Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 18, 8:30 PM

Apr 2024
This is definitely a weird title, but it's also one of the cornerstone games for the memory of the Sega Dreamcast, and is one of the grandfathers of Open-world games. It's definitely an influential game franchise (less so on the third game, but what can ya do, y'know?).

Ultimately though, they are basically games about living in a place in Japan, which sounds like a huge lure for weeb-types, at least it would've been... for the time.

Plus you basically get to play Virtua Fighter against multiple opponents, so that's cool (Again, ignoring Shenmue III)
"Dreams are worth fighting for"
Backloggery | YouTube | Heatmap
Jul 18, 10:26 PM

Nov 2012
I haven't played the third game, but I enjoyed the first 2 games. I thought Guilin had some beautiful scenery, and I thought that the OST for the games was pretty phenomenal.
11 hours ago

Dec 2011
I consider the first entry one of the most soulful games ever made and I think it still has one of the most well-realized worlds you can find in a video game even today. The atmosphere is really unmatched. I'm not as hot on Shenmue 2 for several reasons and I couldn't even get myself to finish 3 so I can't say I'm a big Shenmue fan in general though.

More topics from this board

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3764 by Hachi1705 »»
35 minutes ago

» Bleach Rebirth of Souls

Vampire_Lord - Jul 24

5 by lucjan »»
3 hours ago

» Stock trading simulator

removed-user - Jun 21, 2020

6 by lucjan »»
3 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3640 by nirererin »»
4 hours ago

» is OG VN Fate and Tsukihime uncensored really bad?

KenaiPhoenix - Jul 23

13 by AnimePedestrian »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.