‎ ‎
‎ ‎
CoffeewithEdgawaApr 14, 8:52 AM
Apr 6, 7:45 AM
Jul 2023
Animators go to different projects
Apr 6, 7:46 AM
Jun 2021
Its not just simply about working on the episode and that's it. I'm sure there's a whole lot of background processed that need to be done. I'm no expert in the anime industry so don't take my word for it but usually in creative mediums a lot of pre-production steps are involved before creating the product itself and the final product is almost never derived for the very first iteration. Even with adapting pre-established work into another medium like manga to anime sure that takes a bit of the pre-production steps away but there would still be a lot that goes into each episode. If we treated animators like they're not worth anything unless they're constantly pumping out the content with a focus on haste then we would notice a decline in quality.

Anyways, that's just my uneducated opinion.
Apr 6, 7:55 AM

Dec 2020
I don’t know where you got this information but making an episode of anime takes months, not weeks. And no they don’t just around twiddling their thumbs when they’re done, they just start on their next project.
Also, lots of animation in Japan is outsourcing. So animators are always moving between different studios working on different projects.
Apr 6, 8:12 AM
Oct 2019
You another thing wrong mappa put a anime every season since 2018 without break so no nobody in the staff is bored or without job they are out worked because Mappa take to much. Compare to Kyoto animation or ufotable who put an anime a year and you can see the difference.
Apr 6, 8:15 AM

Jan 2009
>studios dont make the anime episodes all at a time..rather they make it one by one in every week

false anime staff produce episodes in parallel like shown here in an example of production schedule

and as you can see an anime production of 1 cour is around 10 months of total production time not counting the pre production time that is around 1 year at least

Apr 6, 9:45 AM
Apr 2021
CoffeewithEdgawa said:
In jjk season 2 broadcasting time there were a lot of news in online that says mappa was forcing the animators to work overtime,the animators had to work 16-18 hours to produce an episode in exact time and so on..so i searched a bit about it and came to know that studios dont make the anime episodes all at a time..rather they make it one by one in every week. So my question is what the studios and animators do rest of the year?? Generally a studio dont produce more than one anime in a year..so do they spent rest of the year just by sitting idly?? If they dont have any work to do the rest of the year, why dont they produce the new seasons quickly then??

Studios 1100% drop more than one show a year. Half the information you said is completely false and takes 2 seconds to search up actual facts on…
Apr 6, 10:15 AM
Aug 2021
and here I used to think that people with vagabond pfp know stuff
Apr 6, 11:16 AM
Dec 2023
mappa was working on anime this whole year , in winter: 2023 they made campfire cooking and Vinland saga season 2 and attack on Titan final season part 3 cour 1
spring: Vinland saga season 2 and Hell's paradise
summer : jujutsu kaisen season 2
fall : jujutsu kaisen season 2 and attack on Titan final season part 3 cour 2
Apr 6, 11:44 AM
Jan 2023
CoffeewithEdgawa said:
In jjk season 2 broadcasting time there were a lot of news in online that says mappa was forcing the animators to work overtime,the animators had to work 16-18 hours to produce an episode in exact time and so on..so i searched a bit about it and came to know that studios dont make the anime episodes all at a time..rather they make it one by one in every week. So my question is what the studios and animators do rest of the year?? Generally a studio dont produce more than one anime in a year..so do they spent rest of the year just by sitting idly?? If they dont have any work to do the rest of the year, why dont they produce the new seasons quickly then??

Just search up "MAPPA projects in 2023" it's definitely not 1 anime a year. Please check before you write something. 😅
Apr 6, 12:00 PM
Dec 2020
AniBeast1_ said:
CoffeewithEdgawa said:

Just search up "MAPPA projects in 2023" it's definitely not 1 anime a year. Please check before you write something. 😅

i was gonna say this
Apr 6, 2:50 PM
Apr 2021
JerryRathore said:
mappa was working on anime this whole year , in winter: 2023 they made campfire cooking and Vinland saga season 2 and attack on Titan final season part 3 cour 1
spring: Vinland saga season 2 and Hell's paradise
summer : jujutsu kaisen season 2
fall : jujutsu kaisen season 2 and attack on Titan final season part 3 cour 2

Don’t forget while working on Bucchigiri for this winter as well! But yea you hit them all 🙏
Apr 6, 3:01 PM

Aug 2020
Probably more than half of studios do more than 1 anime a year, but the amount of major projects that MAPPA has put out from fall 2022-fall 2023 is absurd. Other studios would put out 1 popular anime and 2 generic shitty ones that no one cares about. It’s kinda disappointing to see that MAPPA stopped caring about quality and cared more about quantity.
Apr 6, 10:06 PM
May 2021
why am I not surprised at this brain-dead take?
Apr 11, 12:10 AM
Mar 2021
dude there are lot of teams in 1 single studio tht do diff kinda stuff so,after finishing they set to air according to team's progress of work,so animators move to diff teams in diff places like,contract work or gig work,if they get tired they take time off for weeks or months
Anime Rules the world
Apr 13, 9:21 AM
Apr 2023
Akuya said:
I don’t know where you got this information but making an episode of anime takes months, not weeks. And no they don’t just around twiddling their thumbs when they’re done, they just start on their next project.
Also, lots of animation in Japan is outsourcing. So animators are always moving between different studios working on different projects.

then what abt one piece 💀🤏🏻
Apr 14, 9:32 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to anime_pragyan
Akuya said:

then what abt one piece 💀🤏🏻
@anime_pragyan
Yes, like I said it takes MONTHS to make an episode of anime, including One Piece.
Studios that make long running shows are usually a few episodes ahead of what's currently airing, and outsource even more than standard 1 or 2 cour shows. Go to Anime News Network and look at amount of staff working on long running shows compared to 1-2 cour shows.
One Piece also uses longer openings and recaps to cut down on animation.
💀🤏🏻
Apr 14, 10:30 AM
Apr 2023
Akuya said:
@anime_pragyan
Yes, like I said it takes MONTHS to make an episode of anime, including One Piece.
Studios that make long running shows are usually a few episodes ahead of what's currently airing, and outsource even more than standard 1 or 2 cour shows. Go to Anime News Network and look at amount of staff working on long running shows compared to 1-2 cour shows.
One Piece also uses longer openings and recaps to cut down on animation.
💀🤏🏻

oh ok I understand what you are saying

More topics from this board

» I hate the manga community ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Sep 23, 2023

63 by cerise_serris »»
May 30, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 28, 2023

550 by shekhar0050m »»
May 29, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jul 20, 2023

552 by decalcomanic »»
May 27, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Aug 3, 2023

488 by satomae »»
May 26, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 7, 2023

368 by DarkInsomnia57 »»
May 25, 4:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.