Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 30, 11:08 PM
Nov 2021
I understand that hype tends to never live up to expectations, but oh my… this show fell flat. But before I say anything bad, I hope that this series gets a second season. That way this dysfunctional and sleeper story can have a justified reason to exist as a plot “foundation.”

Anyways, there were so many wrong things about this show that I felt like needing improving upon. The way some of the characters are built up is terrible, those poor jump cuts to random characters we know nearly nothing about were annoying and (so far) have no use, and if you didn’t read the manga/manwha like me, you don’t know nearly anything about the current world setting and story this anime never really bothered to show.

The saving grace that kept me watching the show were the decently animated fight scenes and my pure interest of wanting to learn more about the plot, but aside from that, everything felt like a let down or was just flat out bad.

I’m not a hater and I really hope that there is a future for this anime but dude, I was bored of this show from episode 3-12 and I would never watch this again. If there’s a next season, I’m definitely going to watch it as I can tell that there is a little something about this show I find interesting.
DullahanZMar 30, 11:47 PM
Mar 30, 11:31 PM

Jan 2009
there will be at least 4 cours total (1 cour is finish for now) for this show and the last cour will give the whole plot thats it

and nope its a simple power fantasy show the main character will keep on powering up thats it so drop it if you do not want more of that
Mar 31, 12:03 AM
Mar 2024
Just let it cook bro, the story is nothing special, but it gets better later on.
Mar 31, 12:19 AM

May 2011
For me it was a decent show, but nothing out of this world like some poeple were hyping it up to. Of course I haven't read the source material, so obviously I didn't have the expectation for it like those who did. Pacing was at times a little bit slow for me personally. The fight scenes were well animated, it's obviously where most of the budget went.
Mar 31, 1:18 AM
Apr 2023
It’s crazy that this season covers like 47 chapters or something. There’s obviously a lot of missing info. Could’ve benefited from being a few episodes longer but hey that’s anime now
Mar 31, 1:33 AM
Mar 2021
I wouldn't argue with that cause at the beginning it was a little dull, but when I was reading the original Manhwa the story gets really interesting and engaging before the juju Island raid..
Mar 31, 2:55 AM
Dec 2023
I agree, honestly, as another anime only. I hopped on this at the start of the season because people were hyping it up as this incredibly fun power fantasy and AOTY contender. Disappointing that what I got was your bog standard isekai-type story of a weakling who is granted an insane ability that allows them to become a Cool Chad that guys fear and women think is sexy.

The animation was cool in scenes, but the bar these days for action animation is so high that I didn't find it notably amazing compared to even something like Shangri-La Frontier this season. Not to mention the actual action scenes all boiled down to SJW getting his shit pushed in for most of it, having some mopey inner monologue about how tough the fight is or how uncaring the world is, then he screams he's not weak anymore and just brute forces the win. Over and over again.

Add on the fact that the show feels so self-serious to the point where everyone feels like a boring cardboard cutout, and this is an easy 1 cour drop for me.
Mar 31, 3:54 AM
Oct 2020
The story gets better later on. If you expected something extraordinary this anime is not for you. The concept is simple. But the concept is overused in the anime industry. That's why you might feel the way you feel. But personally it's one of the best in this genre honestly. It's not brain numbing like the rest of the anime that does follow the same plot where the MC slowly becomes overpowered.
Mar 31, 5:41 AM
Mar 2023
Mid anime,Mid manhwa, a RPG game would have been better choice than anime
Mar 31, 5:44 AM

Jan 2017
Shinpei106 said:
a RPG game would have been better choice than anime

There : https://sololeveling.netmarble.com/
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Mar 31, 5:54 AM
Nov 2020
I feel like this show has a lot of potential. I haven’t read the novel but the plot seems promising and i think the voice acting is really good too. The animation is fine. It’s just that it feels like set up but it’s not bad.
Mar 31, 6:33 AM
Mar 2023
Alexioos95 said:
Shinpei106 said:
a RPG game would have been better choice than anime

There : https://sololeveling.netmarble.com/

ohh noice, thanks for the link bro I would play game than watching anime or manhwa 😁😁
Mar 31, 11:15 AM
Jan 2022
i am still waiting for my rewards for 100 pushups, situps and running
Mar 31, 11:35 AM
Mar 2023
Hadoken101 said:
I agree, honestly, as another anime only. I hopped on this at the start of the season because people were hyping it up as this incredibly fun power fantasy and AOTY contender. Disappointing that what I got was your bog standard isekai-type story of a weakling who is granted an insane ability that allows them to become a Cool Chad that guys fear and women think is sexy.

The animation was cool in scenes, but the bar these days for action animation is so high that I didn't find it notably amazing compared to even something like Shangri-La Frontier this season. Not to mention the actual action scenes all boiled down to SJW getting his shit pushed in for most of it, having some mopey inner monologue about how tough the fight is or how uncaring the world is, then he screams he's not weak anymore and just brute forces the win. Over and over again.

Add on the fact that the show feels so self-serious to the point where everyone feels like a boring cardboard cutout, and this is an easy 1 cour drop for me.

But Solo Leveling and Shangri-La Frontier both have great animation and are both worthy of praise at least visually. We can have 2 goats I think.
Mar 31, 7:11 PM
Mar 2022
It’s as you said, you’re still going to tune in, as are all the others who declare the show mid
Mar 31, 7:30 PM
Oct 2021
i think people are becoming anime spoiled nowdays, what more does it need, i liked every single episodes and had to rate it 10 because i enjoyed it beyond my expectation

people just live sad lives nowdays and can’t appreciate anything they get anymore
Mar 31, 9:04 PM
Nov 2021
It's fine for what it is. The story was never the strong point of the manhwa, it was the artwork everyone raved about.
Mar 31, 10:55 PM
Apr 2012
DullahanZ said:
and if you didn’t read the manga/manwha like me, you don’t know nearly anything about the current world setting and story this anime never really bothered to show.

The viewer doesnt need to know everything to enjoy something
I dont know anything about the manga but the cuts to the random people that we know nothing about as a viewer kept me intrigued anyways and I try to theorize their role from the little info I got

Apr 1, 4:22 AM

Jan 2014
this is the last time i'm gonna trust any manhwa/webtoon hype.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13

514 by Deono »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 17

263 by Shortwing53 »»
12 hours ago

» Solo Leveling Anime Records Surprisingly Poor Sales ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 7

72 by Fallen_Core »»
Today, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jan 6

728 by izumakun »»
Yesterday, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

397 by Bek1r »»
Jun 6, 2:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.