Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What's your thoughts.
Mar 28, 1:46 AM
Apr 2021
Am I the only one who thinks that's season 1 (Specifically ending), It was implied that he interested in Aoi while season 2 completely switch that up and instead of showing interest in Aoi, he started showing interest in Mimi and Kikuchi.

Due to this sudden change I feel like I was watching completely different anime & season 1 was my favorite while season 2 seems boring & as if something was off
Mar 28, 1:55 AM

Apr 2012
He still shows it, he even has monologue about how Aoi influenced his life. I think it's pretty obvious that he'll end up with her anyway. But yes, I will agree that the second season was more tiresome because of this, especially Kikuchi. But these are subjective feelings.
Mar 28, 4:18 AM

Nov 2021
I mean we did hear his inner monologue at the end of one of the episodes about him wanting to know more about aoi and stuff.
But for now he seems to be going with the kikuchi route as he was given a choice.

I feel it might change at the end.
Mar 28, 4:58 AM

Aug 2009
It was okay for me. I think it's mostly because I never liked Aoi and her approach only pissed me off. I'm glad that Tomozaki also decided to go more with his feelings instead of just pure acting and callculation for maximum gains. I'd choose Fuuka every time too. I hope they don't decide to do another switch to go for Aoi after all... I don't like characters like her.
Mar 28, 9:37 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to filus
It was okay for me. I think it's mostly because I never liked Aoi and her approach only pissed me off. I'm glad that Tomozaki also decided to go more with his feelings instead of just pure acting and callculation for maximum gains. I'd choose Fuuka every time too. I hope they don't decide to do another switch to go for Aoi after all... I don't like characters like her.
@filus I'm afraid that his feelings lay specifically for Aoi, while Fuuka's "choice" was part of the test.
Mar 28, 12:22 PM
Mar 2017
RobertBobert said:
He still shows it, he even has monologue about how Aoi influenced his life. I think it's pretty obvious that he'll end up with her anyway. But yes, I will agree that the second season was more tiresome because of this, especially Kikuchi. But these are subjective feelings.

I can totally agree that he’ll most likely end up with Aoi and that I was not much of a fan of fuuka
Mar 28, 1:11 PM
Jun 2023
I mean, he definitely cares for Aoi, she is very important to him for the role she has played in his life. He also has stated in his monologues that he isn't romantically interested in her because of their differing views on life, relationships, etc. That's why Aoi ghosted him in season 1. She thought he was the same as her, but he turned out not to be. Their reconciliation was based on him showing her how to enjoy life since she isn't able to do it despite all of her success. That's a super hard thing to do for a hyper logical person like Aoi, so outside of him pushing back on her more he has largely punted on that issue in the short term until he can figure out how best to show her that.

I interpreted Aoi's flirting with him in season 1 as being a mix of her potential feelings but mostly just sadistic teasing. She enjoys running circles around him because of how consistently he beats her at Tackfam all the time. She really is a sore loser lol.

My guess after season 1 was Aoi was endgame, and she was just developing Tomozaki to become worthy of her. She cares so much about what society thinks that she would never consider him until he changed to match her. Whether that ends up being the case is still TBD though.

Tomozaki definitely showed interest in Kikuchi in season 1. Aoi literally pointed him in her direction early in season 1 and he took her out to a movie, went to see the fireworks together, etc. Mimimi was a new additional love interest starting only in season 2 because Tomozaki was focused on Kikuchi for much longer and he probably couldn't imagine someone like Mimimi liking him until she confessed to him. That was why they had that moment after she confessed to him reflecting on his self-esteem after talking with Mizusawa.

I would suggest rewatching season 1. I really feel like the 3-year gap between seasons has left too many people's memories spotty about what happened in the first season when it comes to how things progressed in season 2. I did it before watching the 2nd season and it felt like I was watching an entirely different show a lot of times based on the comments I read from people on MAL, Crunchyroll, etc. Or go read my blog post about it. I feel like a salesman shilling it everywhere on these MAL forums lol, but it really does cover a lot of these questions in detail.

SeansyMar 28, 1:38 PM
Mar 28, 2:33 PM
Apr 2021
yes I remember Kikuchi being in season 1 (I remember s1 but because I watched it again before s2 aired but I always thought that ending of s1 implied that tomozaki will go head on with Aoi, & will end up with.
Mar 28, 2:47 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to JD-Dark_Phoenix
yes I remember Kikuchi being in season 1 (I remember s1 but because I watched it again before s2 aired but I always thought that ending of s1 implied that tomozaki will go head on with Aoi, & will end up with.
@JD-Dark_Phoenix

I mean, long term will he end up with Aoi? Sure. Very real possibility.

Short term? It literally never crossed my mind as an option after season 1. She would never accept him as a potential boyfriend after season 1 until he's grown enough for her to accept him as an option. She cares too much about what other people think for him to date her anytime soon after season 1.
Mar 29, 9:25 PM
Jan 2022
what the fuuka is wrong with this anime
Apr 1, 10:37 AM

Apr 2015
I think people are all looking for Aoi character wrong. I don't think Tomozaki ever get any good hint for love to her.

Aoi is the antagonist of the series, she is the final boss Tomozaki want to learn and will show to her she is wrong about a lot of things in the game of life.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun 2nd Stage Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 3

76 by harman29oct2003 »»
May 22, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun 2nd Stage Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 27

144 by dhell26 »»
May 21, 6:26 PM

Poll: » Best Girl of both seasons.

Thyriad-oPPailov - Mar 29

22 by Zalistar7 »»
May 20, 2:37 PM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun 2nd Stage Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14

53 by lasodamos »»
May 5, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun 2nd Stage Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20

83 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 5, 5:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.