Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 22, 8:15 PM
Jan 2019
one of my favorite anime of all time is violet ever garden I've seen subbed and dubbed a lot the past 6 or so years im only on ep 19 of Frieren and it could be recency. bias but it gives all the same vibes but i geel more attached to Frieren as a character then i did with violet this part i cant explain both are great , but in my opinion, "Violet you've been surpassed. "
Mar 22, 8:24 PM

Nov 2021
I would like to know what you are trying to say lol.
Mar 22, 8:32 PM

Feb 2021
It's the "greatest anime of all time" so of course it's gonna be better than Violet Evergarden, cause it's literally better than every other anime ever made...
Mar 22, 8:32 PM
Mar 2022
Might be recency bias...but its definitely the best adventure fantasy anime I have ever watched...

Mar 22, 8:37 PM
Mar 2024
I think Frieren was just given more depth and room to grow as the story unfolds. We're also allowed to breath a bit with some levity interspersed in some of the darker moments. Not feeling like the character and situation is so contrived also helps, IMHO.
Mar 22, 8:55 PM
Jan 2021
They do have bits of similar themes and the way they execute scenes are just beautiful plus they also have the same ost composer, evan call so this is totally understandable, I love both show.
Mar 22, 9:07 PM
Apr 2021
I never found Violet to be a great character, she was fine, but the side characters/stories always stood out to me more than the main character herself. Frieren has more depth to her, at least how I see it.
Mar 22, 10:09 PM
Mar 2020
Well Evan Call was the composer for both the Violet Evergarden OSTs and the Frieren OSTs. This along with a similar comfy feel in both animes is probably what affects you.
Mar 22, 10:32 PM
Nov 2023
Aditya_Ranjan said:
Might be recency bias...but its definitely the best adventure fantasy anime I have ever watched...

it might be the best fantasy anime ever. period
Mar 23, 12:35 AM
Aug 2021
Could be a recency bias. I've been watching Violet Evergarden for years. Frieren definitely became another favourite. But Violet Evergarden has its special place. I don't think really see any problem with having more than one favourite, sometimes it becomes difficult to rank them, and sometimes we really shouldn't.
Mar 23, 12:45 AM
Feb 2024
I love both Violet Evergarden and Frieren. Both are easily top 5 anime of mine and i am watching since the early 80s.
A big part are the OST by Evan Call, the man is a genius and makes some of the best and most emotional tracks ever that
just go so well with the stories being told.
I dare to say without the OST both Violet Evergarden and Frieren would lose quiet a bit of what makes them special.
Apr 3, 8:26 PM
Jan 2019
Reply to Ogami1978
I love both Violet Evergarden and Frieren. Both are easily top 5 anime of mine and i am watching since the early 80s.
A big part are the OST by Evan Call, the man is a genius and makes some of the best and most emotional tracks ever that
just go so well with the stories being told.
I dare to say without the OST both Violet Evergarden and Frieren would lose quiet a bit of what makes them special.
@Ogami1978 i agree

More topics from this board

» The person who helped stop a knife attack on the Taichung Metro in Taiwan said he helped because "Himmel would have done the same".

StevieRara - 34 minutes ago

9 by Neterosan »»
58 seconds ago

» Frieren is now the TOP RANKED anime in ALL major western anime ranking websites (MAL, Anilist, LiveChart, Anime-Planet, Kitsu, aniDB, and ANN). Unprecedented achievement! ( 1 2 )

kanarazukarasu - Today

89 by RichardZeBoss »»
29 minutes ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2023

283 by MasterK »»
49 minutes ago

» Frieren-Anime to Manga

Fullmetaldak - 4 hours ago

4 by CrimsonPunk01 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Frieren is addictive

Ba-Cii10 - Yesterday

39 by Yeshaiah2015yesh »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.