Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2016 2:48 AM

Mar 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, there hasn't been a discussion made for this yet? o_O

I thought it was a good movie. Nothing fantastic but still a good watch. Also got to see what became of Kiriko (watched Young Black Jack before this movie) so that was interesting. I assumed he was gonna turn out to be some sort of villain but he seems like a cool guy who just takes the grim task of killing patients on the verge of death to ease their pain. Certainly don't agree with it since its best to keep trying to save the patient until the end, but his method is not really malicious. Just a twisted way of compassion.

There were a few things that irked me though like the incredible disguising skills, seemingly infinite bullets, escaping in an inflatable boat rather than the Yacht and the fact that a freaking dog can trace the smell of curry that's who knows how many nautical miles away....

Still, it's an entertaining movie so if you enjoyed the TV series you'll most likely enjoy the movie as well.
Dec 20, 2023 1:38 AM

Feb 2013
I thought the plot was kind of a mess with all the double-crossing happening throughout but I did like the darker tone (even if it wasn't quite as enjoyable as the old OVAs) and I love seeing Dr. Kiriko so this movie was a must see.

He didn't get the most screentime but I still enjoyed seeing his antics and ethics as a great parallel to Black Jack's. They make for a really good contrast duo.

6/10.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.