Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 3, 2023 3:36 AM

Mar 2021
So, i like this anime and its fighting/slice of life moments and characters are amazing. BUT i cant understand anything about power system and "spells". Every single time they try to explaing something it get horse and more complex.

I cant help but compare to chainsaw Man. There, if you make a deal with The devil of X thing, you will get a power related to it. Dude its literally a chainsaw. Im jujutsu... Holy moly, i cant understand anything.

The gojo episode on The Subway was a pain. They started to try to explain a lot of New stuff while running over The fight. Am i the only one that gets confused about it? Its looks like any character can do anything at anytime cuz i cant understand the limita of theirs powers. Also, that "oh if i told you my power weakness i will get stronger" thing is super confusing.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 3, 2023 3:40 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Yeah tbh I thought it was just me cause I’m dumb.

Still super enjoyable and hype, but sometimes I’m like I’ve got no idea how that ability works 😂
Oct 3, 2023 3:44 AM
Nov 2021
omg YES same. I stopped trying to understand the rules halfway into Season 1 haha....
Oct 3, 2023 3:47 AM

Jul 2015
They are basically fighting fire with fire.

Oct 3, 2023 3:48 AM
Aug 2020
don't worry, it keeps getting more confusing. it's one of the series' biggest issues
Oct 3, 2023 3:56 AM
Mar 2023
ZeroManas said:
So, i like this anime and its fighting/slice of life moments and characters are amazing. BUT i cant understand anything about power system and "spells". Every single time they try to explaing something it get horse and more complex.

I cant help but compare to chainsaw Man. There, if you make a deal with The devil of X thing, you will get a power related to it. Dude its literally a chainsaw. Im jujutsu... Holy moly, i cant understand anything.

The gojo episode on The Subway was a pain. They started to try to explain a lot of New stuff while running over The fight. Am i the only one that gets confused about it? Its looks like any character can do anything at anytime cuz i cant understand the limita of theirs powers. Also, that "oh if i told you my power weakness i will get stronger" thing is super confusing.

I somehow manage to understand JJK power system so that enjoy the show without any complications. But Chainsaw man power system is so fucked up spoiler if haven't read manga till 1st part.

that's why I also dropped Chainsaw man after Part 1
Oct 3, 2023 3:58 AM
Jul 2018
Yes. So everyone realized MAPPA's anime is keeping their world and careacter building for the next season
At list I think so...🤣🤣🤣
Oct 3, 2023 3:58 AM
May 2022
ZeroManas said:

I read corresponding Manga chapters for those Shibuya episodes to understand correctly.
you can do the same
Oct 3, 2023 3:59 AM
Mar 2017
Not confusing. How is it confusing
Oct 3, 2023 4:01 AM
Feb 2021
The part where "if i explained to you then i'm more powerful" is mainly a plot device so that a villain explaining how his power works to the protagonist is not counterproductive. Then, not knowing exactly the limits of each character power help us keep engaged when someone pulls up some new shonen bs, even if it's still bs, it's not like you knew for sure that he did not have that before
Oct 3, 2023 4:14 AM
May 2022
if you’re confused on the power system there’s a bunch of good youtube videos that explain it, or in my case reading the manga helped me understand. I feel like the manga explains more :)
Oct 3, 2023 4:21 AM
Jun 2023
ZeroManas said:

The manga explains better but i guess one can just open YouTube
Oct 3, 2023 4:54 AM
Dec 2016
ZeroManas said:

While you're watching the anime it's true that one barely gets time to process/understand the CT explanations - as you can probably imagine, this is less of an issue when reading the manga at one's own pace.
Oct 3, 2023 5:06 AM
Oct 2022
Kidzuna said:
ZeroManas said:

The manga explains better but i guess one can just open YouTube

This is the most straightforward solution. Just find a few people who get it and took the time to make clear video essays. Having already watched the show, their explanations should help things start to click into place.
Oct 3, 2023 6:37 AM
Dec 2022
jjk power system is weird but the best way to explain it is that anyone can have any ability and a different way to use it
Oct 3, 2023 6:52 AM
Jan 2021
Others have said it, but the manga makes the domain amplification stuff (and just that fight) more clear. Otherwise, basically people all have Cursed Energy - which can be used like basic Nen in Hunter x Hunter, or Chakra with no type in Naruto - and many Sorcerer's can use that cursed energy into a power they were born with.
Some can use their technique to open a domain which traps their target with however their technique manifests itself
Oct 3, 2023 7:04 AM

Sep 2013
Reply to xQoren
Not confusing. How is it confusing
@xQoren Since you understood everything, can you explain why, since Simple Domain was meant to defend against Doman Expansion's guaranteed hits, how did Mahito's Idle Transfiguration technique ending up hurting himself when he tried to use it against Mechamaru? The show didn't say anything about Simple Domain beyond its function as a shield.

Reading the wiki didn't help.

Created as a counter for domain expansions, Simple Domain neutralizes a domain's guaranteed-hit function by affecting its barrier and not the imbued cursed technique.

New Shadow Style: Simple Domain begins after Kasumi assumes the proper stance, creating a circle with a 2.21 meter radius around Kasumi. Anything that enters this space can instantly be intercepted by Kasumi's blade.

The above entries just say 'intercept', and 'neutralize', NOT 'reflect'.

The way Simple Domain was presented in episode 7, it seemed more like Gennosuke's power in Basilisk

Gennosuke's bloodline contains an inherited power called "Dōjutsu" which he learned to control during his training with his mentor and uncle, Hyōma Muroga. With it, Gennosuke uses his eyes to reverse the homicidal intent of anyone nearby, in other words: If somebody expresses hostility towards Gennosuke, he can will his enemies to kill themselves instead of him.

The show simply didn't explain this very well.
TorribleOct 3, 2023 7:11 AM
Oct 3, 2023 7:52 AM
Dec 2022
@ZeroManas
omg I thought FULL METAL ALCHEMIST fans where bad but chainsaw man fans too. you don't have to prove that you're anime is better when it's not even airing. just watch anime and enjoy. chainsaw man
fans. will get ower time to shine just be pashint.

And the real fight hasn't even started yet. your just thinking too much

And GOJO daddy can do any thing if he puts his mind( he can even get pregnant 😄) he is not built different but born different. you will understand what iam saying soon. manga readers know what I mean
Yeshaiah2015yeshOct 3, 2023 8:04 AM
Oct 3, 2023 8:38 AM
May 2022
ratliker63 said:
don't worry, it keeps getting more confusing. it's one of the series' biggest issues

idk if its an issue, its more how stupid the consumer is. Sometimes it is overwhelming but i like when it relies on the viewer to figure it out themselves imo.
Oct 3, 2023 8:40 AM
Dec 2022
Torrible said:
@xQoren Since you understood everything, can you explain why, since Simple Domain was meant to defend against Doman Expansion's guaranteed hits, how did Mahito's Idle Transfiguration technique ending up hurting himself when he tried to use it against Mechamaru? The show didn't say anything about Simple Domain beyond its function as a shield.

Created as a counter for domain expansions, Simple Domain neutralizes a domain's guaranteed-hit function by affecting its barrier and not the imbued cursed technique.

New Shadow Style: Simple Domain begins after Kasumi assumes the proper stance, creating a circle with a 2.21 meter radius around Kasumi. Anything that enters this space can instantly be intercepted by Kasumi's blade.

The way Simple Domain was presented in episode 7, it seemed more like Gennosuke's power in Basilisk

Gennosuke's bloodline contains an inherited power called "Dōjutsu" which he learned to control during his training with his mentor and uncle, Hyōma Muroga. With it, Gennosuke uses his eyes to reverse the homicidal intent of anyone nearby, in other words: If somebody expresses hostility towards Gennosuke, he can will his enemies to kill themselves instead of him.

why don't you go and watch ABD YouTube channel videos on that topic. he explain in a wonderful way it's just as interesting as watch anime episod
Oct 3, 2023 8:46 AM
Aug 2020
Cryptcat said:
ratliker63 said:

idk if its an issue, its more how stupid the consumer is. Sometimes it is overwhelming but i like when it relies on the viewer to figure it out themselves imo.

a lot of the times it feels like gege is just throwing shit at the wall without knowing what it means and then powerscalers pretend to figure it out
Oct 3, 2023 8:49 AM
May 2022
ratliker63 said:
Cryptcat said:

a lot of the times it feels like gege is just throwing shit at the wall without knowing what it means and then powerscalers pretend to figure it out

it can def get confusing, but i always hope they may explain it further or it is already explained and just takes some serious brainstorming to understand.
Oct 3, 2023 9:07 AM

Nov 2020

you'll getting more confused in the next season when the anime starts to explain the other curse users techniques, especially
Be ready for that
Oct 3, 2023 9:18 AM
Jun 2022
it's not actually too bad, try watching an explanation video or the manga
Oct 3, 2023 9:24 AM
Jun 2021
ZeroManas said:

Yeah me too, damn the explanation of powers and etc. are really not easy to understand
Well I don't remember exactly but I think the explanation of power stuffs was easier to understand in season 1
Oct 3, 2023 9:29 AM
Dec 2022
is it really that hard to understand. well I read manga maby it's because of that. well some are explained in the further episod. some you can figure out on your own after seeing more about the abilities or which are similar. and also you can understand it better if you re-read manga. or rewatch anime. you might have missed some part or did pay them attention
Oct 3, 2023 9:32 AM
Dec 2022
or go watch ABD video in the channel. if I have any doubts or uncertainty I I watch them for better understand ( channel names is ABD)
Oct 3, 2023 9:56 AM
Dec 2016
perolero said:
jjk power system is weird but the best way to explain it is that anyone can have any ability and a different way to use it

Anyone CAN'T have ANY ability though - Cursed Techniques are almost strictly inherited. This is one of the first things Gojo tells Yuuji at the beginning of his training. Ppl like Yuuji, Kusakabe, Miwa etc can only through training learn to use their cursed energy to enhance their fighting (eg: Divergent fist, Black flash etc which all CAN learn), physical resilience, or at most some moves like New Shadow Style: Simple Domain (which was in the first place DESIGNED specifically for people without their own cursed technique/Domains to protect themselves against those WITH Domains).

Simply put, you actually have to be born with Six Eyes & Limitless (only one person at a time, that too from the Gojo clan can have this), Ten Shadows, Cursed Speech, Blood Manipulation (multiple people from the Inumaki & Kamo clans respectively can use these latter 2 techniques, but NOT any random person- this is why Naoya Zen'in was surprised at Choso using Blood Manipulation (a Kamo CT - which he's able to use thanks to Noritoshi Kamo's body contributing his paternal genes).
Oct 3, 2023 10:13 AM
Apr 2020
ZeroManas said:

Yeah I don’t really get it
Oct 3, 2023 10:41 AM

Jan 2021
JJK’s power system is a bit convoluted but that’s because Gege is a fan of the Big 3 and Hunter x Hunter, which a lot of their inspirations come from.

It’s a lot to go through but simply put, everyone can produce cursed energy (since it’s made up of negative emotions) however, only a small percentage of people can USE cursed energy. The users are called Jujutsu Sorcerers. From cursed energy comes their techniques/abilities (curse techniques as their called)

Of that small portion of people, an even smaller group can use Domain Expansion which is a one-hit-KO technique.

Reverse Cursed Technique comes from the brain. It turns negative energy into positive energy which allows Sorcerers to heal themselves. (This is an extremely rare ability that only a select few know)

The Binding Vow is like a contract. You can make one with yourself or with others. Many sorcerers make one with themselves in order to get a boost in power. The condition is that they have to explain their ability either before or during it’s usage.

Gojo recently displayed Domain Amplification which neutralizes anyone’s cursed technique or their domain. That’s why he was able to obliterate the talking tree-man. He stopped the tree from using its ability.

When I tell you it gets even crazier from there, it’s a wild ride lol
"To Infinity and Beyond."
Oct 3, 2023 12:24 PM
Jan 2021
I watch it with my friend and I said they explain every damn thing in this show and I still have no idea what is happening. he agreed. and we watch dub lmao
Oct 3, 2023 12:27 PM
Dec 2020
yes , it is little confusing for many people but it's truly a best power system after nen and could be best when the manga end.
One of my most favourite thing about JJK power system is that it's so vast & mesmerizing , so much to think when you watch it.
And ofcourse, there's so much variety of thing happens because of this amazing power system.
Everything is explained at some point in manga.
Oct 3, 2023 1:57 PM
Jul 2023
There’s so many similarities to chainsaw man it’s kinda insane
Oct 3, 2023 2:44 PM
Nov 2022
It is quite a confusing power system. If you want to understand it properly, get up to date in the manga and then do research on whatever you’re still confused on. If this confused you then I can’t imagine what Hunter x Hunter’s power system would do to you 🤣
Oct 3, 2023 2:56 PM
May 2022
ARYN__to said:
Yes. So everyone realized MAPPA's anime is keeping their world and careacter building for the next season
At list I think so...🤣🤣🤣

Mappa didn’t write Jujutsu Kaisen 😂
Oct 3, 2023 5:53 PM
Jun 2023
I agree, I have to keep asking my friend what exactly happened in each episode lol
Oct 3, 2023 7:07 PM
Nov 2011
I thought I was they only one 🤣
Oct 3, 2023 10:13 PM
Jul 2021
ratliker63 said:

It's not an issue, people just lack reading comprehension
Oct 3, 2023 10:13 PM
Jul 2021
for me it was confusing at first but then I started to understand it
Oct 3, 2023 10:14 PM
Jul 2021
ARYN__to said:
At list I think so...🤣🤣🤣

What does this comment even say
Oct 3, 2023 10:16 PM
Jul 2021
Praveen05 said:
ZeroManas said:

I somehow manage to understand JJK power system so that enjoy the show without any complications. But Chainsaw man power system is so fucked up spoiler if haven't read manga till 1st part.

that's why I also dropped Chainsaw man after Part 1

If you didn't drop it you would know those characters
Oct 3, 2023 10:19 PM
Jul 2021
Torrible said:

When did Mahito hurt himself???
Oct 3, 2023 10:24 PM
Jul 2021
Bolona07 said:
There’s so many similarities to chainsaw man it’s kinda insane

What similarities 😭
Oct 3, 2023 10:25 PM
Jul 2021
NoUsername09 said:
ARYN__to said:
At list I think so...🤣🤣🤣

Mappa didn’t write Jujutsu Kaisen 😂

some people genuinely think the Studios create the story🤦‍♂️
Oct 3, 2023 10:33 PM

Apr 2021
haha bro im the same, i understand it to a certain degree but most of the time i have to google shit. Like to be fair i am a casual watcher of jjk maybe if i had watched the first season a couple of times or read the manga i would have a better understanding.

I had a really hard time understanding certain scenes of the first eps of s2, like i didnt understand the heavenly restriction, i had to google it. I didnt get the part when geto was fighting toji, that one of his curses made a small domain expansion, i just noticed it afterwards when i saw a reactor speaking of it.

And im pretty sure there are more things i havent understand, but i tend to look them on google or here to have a grasp of what happened.
Oct 3, 2023 10:35 PM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
you will start ripping ur hair out when Culling Arc comes - the power system is the worst
Oct 4, 2023 3:41 AM
Apr 2023
Haha I thought I was the only person confused.
Oct 4, 2023 3:57 AM
Jun 2022
Same I also do not understand it, and then when I think I have understood it, I am even more Confused.
Oct 4, 2023 6:31 AM

Mar 2009
I gave up trying to understand the mechanics and whole Jujutsu's chakra system while watching 1'st season XD
It's operating on the "just because" principle and it's even less built than the one from Bleach : |
Oct 4, 2023 6:40 AM
Jun 2023
Oh wow, so I'm not the only one confused :D
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 28, 2023

554 by Captain-Andrew »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Oct 19, 2023

411 by Ronielew123 »»
Yesterday, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Sep 21, 2023

339 by Alkibiades404 »»
Jun 12, 4:45 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 14, 2023

236 by Alkibiades404 »»
Jun 12, 4:20 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Sep 7, 2023

299 by Alkibiades404 »»
Jun 12, 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.