Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 8, 2023 11:22 PM
May 2023
Am considering whether to watch Black Clover. For those who have watched it, is the worldbuilding as good at MT?
Sep 8, 2023 11:29 PM
May 2016
I would compare Black Clover to Naruto. Similar MC, similar rival, similar traits etc.
Sep 8, 2023 11:32 PM
May 2021
not in a million years
Sep 8, 2023 11:34 PM
Feb 2019
ktg said:
I would compare Black Clover to Naruto. Similar MC, similar rival, similar traits etc.

Same. Black Clover is similar to Naruto even though the main inspiration is Berserk.
I don't see any similarities between BC and MT however, Black Clover is a good watch but not as good as Naruto, imo.
Sep 8, 2023 11:34 PM
Feb 2022
The worldbuilding is fine but it’s nowhere near as good as in MT imo
Sep 8, 2023 11:49 PM

Mar 2020
What ever you are on I want it too😂😂😂
Mind must be in another dimension to have such nonsensical thoughts 😂😂😂

Jokes aside MT and Black clover are completely different. MT an Isekai and Black clover a shonen. I think the only mayor thing they have in common is that they use magic and stuff, but aside from that there’s nothing relevant or very few relevant things that they have in common

And no the worldbuilding is not nearly as good as MT
NikaisakaSep 8, 2023 11:59 PM

Sep 9, 2023 12:08 AM
Sep 2021
as a anime only for both, I can say that I understood black clover's map better than mushoku tensei's one.
maybe it's only me thing tho or maybe mushoku tensei hasn't explained the map in anime yet.
Sep 9, 2023 12:10 AM
Jun 2020
Black Clover's main character is intolerable for a completely different reason
Sep 9, 2023 12:15 AM
Oct 2021
DespairArin said:
as a anime only for both, I can say that I understood black clover's map better than mushoku tensei's one.
maybe it's only me thing tho or maybe mushoku tensei hasn't explained the map in anime yet.

Maps don’t necessarily mean anything when it comes to amazing world building.
Sep 9, 2023 12:36 AM
Oct 2022
They both are totally different and ig you can watch black clover but it has not the same level of world building MT has
Sep 9, 2023 1:07 AM
Feb 2022
Issax28 said:
Am considering whether to watch Black Clover. For those who have watched it, is the worldbuilding as good at MT?

no of course but it have his own vibe.
I watch it
simply it's more than good
Sep 9, 2023 1:13 AM
Feb 2022
DespairArin said:

this is the map of MT
Sep 9, 2023 1:17 AM
Feb 2022
tmoney23 said:
DespairArin said:

he didn't see the map of MT yet
Sep 9, 2023 1:21 AM
Oct 2021
Yantama said:
tmoney23 said:

The details for the map for Mushoku Tensei are insane. The amount of time and effort put into crafting the languages, scenery, cultures, and again maps for MT are on a different level.
Sep 9, 2023 1:23 AM
Feb 2022
tmoney23 said:
Yantama said:

The details for the map for Mushoku Tensei are insane. The amount of time and effort put into crafting the languages, scenery, cultures, and again maps for MT are on a different level.

yeah sad thing is a lot of people don't know that
Sep 9, 2023 1:29 AM

Mar 2021
Issax28 said:

Short Answer:No.

Long Answer: Black clover doesn't really have a world building until probably the last 30-40 episodes. The proper world building starts at the later parts in the manga which hasnt been animated yet and still lacks the details like MT, which from volume 1, had already established how vast the world is.
Sep 9, 2023 2:19 AM
Sep 2021
Yantama said:
DespairArin said:

this is the map of MT

the map looks more detailed than the one in black clover anime but the ocean in the middle feels a bit hollow
Sep 9, 2023 4:38 AM
Dec 2021
I cant think of a single similarity between the two shows other than "magic!!!"
Sep 9, 2023 4:49 AM
Aug 2013
Black clover is about a magic school, it's more similar to harry potter if it was a shounen anime. But the mc is hated by everyone but then wins everyone over. And imagine there is themes of poverty, discrimination, prejudice...now mix that with some supernatural elements too, demons and stuff.

It manages to have every generic shounen stereotype while still being somewhat original for a shounen. Maybe a bit similar to fairy tail & d gray man if you combine them both with harry potter
~AnimeDownUnder~

Sep 9, 2023 4:58 AM
Feb 2022
DespairArin said:
Yantama said:

this is the map of MT

the map looks more detailed than the one in black clover anime but the ocean in the middle feels a bit hollow

the ocean is hole in the world and I will not spoil anything.
and there are people of ocean live in.
Sep 9, 2023 5:35 AM
Feb 2021
ktg said:

I would say black clover is more inspired from bleach than naruto,
Sep 9, 2023 6:14 AM
Dec 2021
Issax28 said:

You know that's coping talk
Sep 9, 2023 6:29 AM
May 2016
Bhavya7 said:
ktg said:

Why? The only similarity is the size of the sword. While Asta's personality and background are similar to Naruto. Yuno's personality is similar to Sasuke.
There are no parallel worlds in Black Clover or Naruto, but there are in Bleach.
Their inspiration is also similar, they want to be the leader in their worlds, wizard king and hokage.

It's almost exactly the same story, but with different settings. In Naruto it's ninja stuff, while in Black Clover it's magic. Even the first major incident we learn about in those worlds are genocides, in Naruto it's the Uchiha's, while in Black Clover it's... ok, it's a spoiler, so let's skip that.
Sep 9, 2023 6:35 AM
Feb 2021
ktg said:
Bhavya7 said:

Why? The only similarity is the size of the sword. While Asta's personality and background are similar to Naruto. Yuno's personality is similar to Sasuke.
There are no parallel worlds in Black Clover or Naruto, but there are in Bleach.
Their inspiration is also similar, they want to be the leader in their worlds, wizard king and hokage.

It's almost exactly the same story, but with different settings. In Naruto it's ninja stuff, while in Black Clover it's magic. Even the first major incident we learn about in those worlds are genocides, in Naruto it's the Uchiha's, while in Black Clover it's... ok, it's a spoiler, so let's skip that.

Yes that yami’s clan thing is definitely from naruto and sharingan type eyes powers too but what i meant was ichigo and asta both have hollow/devil and both have powerful captains
Sep 9, 2023 6:48 AM
Jun 2020
Am I the only one who thought comparing MT with Black Clover was offensive?
Sep 9, 2023 6:57 AM
Negator

Mar 2022
Bhavya7 said:
ktg said:

Yes that yami’s clan thing is definitely from naruto and sharingan type eyes powers too but what i meant was ichigo and asta both have hollow/devil and both have powerful captains

Naruto has Kurama and Kakashi. I understand where you’re coming from tho
Sep 9, 2023 7:53 AM
May 2016
Bhavya7 said:
ktg said:

But the devils and hollows work differently. Asta's devil is also closer to Naruto's nine tails.
And having a rank named captain doesn't mean anything, also Ichigo does not have a captain.
Sep 9, 2023 8:01 AM
Aug 2023
that's impossible
Sep 9, 2023 9:11 AM
Jun 2021
I think mushoku tensei’s world building is only surpassed by one piece’s. Anyway black clover is a really good watch so go for it
Sep 9, 2023 9:33 AM
Jan 2021
Black Clover is great imo
Sep 9, 2023 9:45 AM
Apr 2022
black clover is the rip off of all animes
Sep 9, 2023 10:25 AM
Jul 2021
Reply to DespairArin
@DespairArin wow. Even the Trashiest isekai shows have maps, does that mean they have good world building ?.Not to be rude but, you clearly have no clue about it.
Sep 9, 2023 10:56 AM
Jul 2023
This might be the most random comparison I've ever heard.
Sep 9, 2023 12:28 PM
Sep 2021
Anime_Skaddiel said:
@DespairArin wow. Even the Trashiest isekai shows have maps, does that mean they have good world building ?.Not to be rude but, you clearly have no clue about it.

i misinterpreted the meaning of world building as geographical and topographical significance of the world
but it seems that in case of anime it literally means everything about a world including power grid/hierarchy
Sep 9, 2023 4:12 PM
Jul 2020
You have an orange.

And you have a five stars all-you-can-eat barbecue with the beast meat in the country alongside a whole buffet of side dishes.

They’re both food, that’s for sure.
Sep 9, 2023 6:26 PM
Jan 2023
Reply to DespairArin
Yantama said:
DespairArin said:

this is the map of MT

@DespairArin The ocean in the middle was originally land.It was created thousands of years ago by Laplace during the Battle of the Demons
Sep 9, 2023 11:19 PM

Jan 2020
BC is basically Naruto with magic
Sep 9, 2023 11:46 PM

Jul 2015
There's absolutely no link between the two shows. They are totally different. The world building so far in mushoku tensei anime is way better objectively from black clover although I enjoy it as well but truth be said mushoku tensei has a way better story, touches deeper themes and have more complex characters.
Sep 9, 2023 11:59 PM
Jul 2021
I don't even care about both the series but MT's WB is far superior to Black Clover's. The only common thing between the both would be the magic system.

And as already stated above, BC is more similar to Naruto. MT on the other hand, is an isekai actually (though I believe that hardly makes any difference) but comparing them is definitely a bit weird lol.
Sep 10, 2023 5:36 AM
Mar 2023
Except both being fantasy anime’s no like if that was the case every single fantasy anime would be the same which besides most isekai wouldn’t be true
Sep 10, 2023 10:22 AM

Mar 2013
NEVER EVER I would even dare.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.

More topics from this board

» Bad Animation ( 1 2 3 )

OroficB06 - Jun 10

109 by Puntosmx »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

455 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2023

300 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2023

225 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Giorgosman13 - Sep 3, 2023

237 by marta_valse »»
Jun 5, 4:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.