Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 26, 2023 10:52 PM
Sep 2021
I started one piece on 8th august and today i finished the 100th episode. So far it was good. I have never watched an anime like one piece before, the plot and story was new to me,that is why i was reluctant at first,but now i am speed watching it. Well,anyway,i want to share some of my opinions,of course all of my opinion is temporary and only for the first hundred episodes.

First,the story,i found the story very unique,as i said i never saw an anime like this before ,so it is a new experience for me. I really love the world building, im really eager for the new things and concept that will be introduced in the upcoming episodes.

No complain about the animation,the animation is pretty decent considering it was animated in the 2000s.  The artstyle is cartoonish though, some of the scenes are very unrealistic.

One thing i like the most about these long shounen animes is,the characters. There is a wide variety of characters. The story doesnt only revolve around the protagonist. Since there are many episodes,the other characters get their own screentime, and arcs. Which i like very much. They get to shine. 

Speaking of the protagonist,I am going to tell something about LUFFY that will make MANY PEOPLE MAD. LUFFY IS THE WORST PROTAGONIST AMONG ALL THE ANIMES I HAVE SEEN. his CHARACTER is way too lame. Seriously,im not exaggerating , how can one be so dumb , like he literally has minus iq , the author made him so dumb that it looks like he is just a dumb robot. I really hope for his character developement though i think he will remain the same. 

Nami,i like her character,but sometimes she is really annoying. Even though she was saved countless time by her crew ,she sometimes acts like a bitch towards them. But gotta admit, without her straw hat pirates wont survive a day in the sea,let alone the grand line.

NOW USOPP,THE GOD OF SEA,i simply love him. Damn,whatta man. It must be hard for him to carry those MASSIVE BALLS with him. My most favourite character. I hope he will get character developement and get more OP.

Nothing to say much about Zoro,he is enjoyable to watch. But even though he is strong, he is quite unreliable and got no sense of responsibility . 

Tony Tony Chopper is just too cute.He was just introduced,Hope to see more of him.

I have never seen such a womanizer like Sanji. Like bro simps every woman in existense. Also his power is quite questionable to me. He is just a normal people,still how can his kick be so powerful. He crushed big rocks and took down a fwaking T REX with only his kick, its so unrealistic that it makes me hard to digest it.

That is all for now,I will continue my journey,I hope someday i will catch it. I hope in the upcoming episode ,i will get to see some iconic villains like pain,madara etc. All the villains appeared till now were very lame. (Please dont post any spoilers)
Aug 26, 2023 10:53 PM
Sep 2021
Damn that was one hell of a post. couldnt help it,there was many things to say
Aug 26, 2023 11:07 PM
Sep 2020
for sanji unrealistic power, there's a reason behind that. I don't want to spoil you but it will make sense later
Aug 26, 2023 11:15 PM
Nov 2020
just 40-50 more episodes and you'll be seeing the human side of luffy..
he is dumb but he's a dumb man with a lot of charisma...
there maybe times when u feel the story isn't going anywhere or the characters aren't doing anything new but you'll always find them awe inspiring moments if u stick around and watch it to the end

and also..
please dont let anybody spoil things for you
Aug 26, 2023 11:20 PM
Jul 2023
One Piece is supposed to be cartoonish. Oda (the author of the manga) has said in the past how Luffy's powers are meant to always bring a level of comedy and cartoonishness to the series so when things get intense there's always something to break the tension. Luffy is meant to be stupid but has a heart of gold. hes having the time of his life on an adventure. he may have only half a brain cell (if that), but his actions will speak for themselves over the course of the series and I think youll really start to appreciate him in the upcoming arc.

also, you can't be expecting a realistic pirate show with the concept of devil fruits and how their powers work along with all of the goofy character designs. and it's an anime, do you really expect realism? I mean come on, Chopper is a talking reindeer who's also one of the best doctors in the world.
Aug 26, 2023 11:28 PM
Apr 2022
you can't expect every mc to be smart and fix every problem
Aug 26, 2023 11:59 PM
Jan 2022
in future you will surely love luffy....
enjoy the journey
Aug 27, 2023 12:20 AM
May 2022
IamSajid said:
I started one piece on 8th august and today i finished the 100th episode. So far it was good. I have never watched an anime like one piece before, the plot and story was new to me,that is why i was reluctant at first,but now i am speed watching it. Well,anyway,i want to share some of my opinions,of course all of my opinion is temporary and only for the first hundred episodes.

First,the story,i found the story very unique,as i said i never saw an anime like this before ,so it is a new experience for me. I really love the world building, im really eager for the new things and concept that will be introduced in the upcoming episodes.

No complain about the animation,the animation is pretty decent considering it was animated in the 2000s.  The artstyle is cartoonish though, some of the scenes are very unrealistic.

One thing i like the most about these long shounen animes is,the characters. There is a wide variety of characters. The story doesnt only revolve around the protagonist. Since there are many episodes,the other characters get their own screentime, and arcs. Which i like very much. They get to shine. 

Speaking of the protagonist,I am going to tell something about LUFFY that will make MANY PEOPLE MAD. LUFFY IS THE WORST PROTAGONIST AMONG ALL THE ANIMES I HAVE SEEN. his CHARACTER is way too lame. Seriously,im not exaggerating , how can one be so dumb , like he literally has minus iq , the author made him so dumb that it looks like he is just a dumb robot. I really hope for his character developement though i think he will remain the same. 

Nami,i like her character,but sometimes she is really annoying. Even though she was saved countless time by her crew ,she sometimes acts like a bitch towards them. But gotta admit, without her straw hat pirates wont survive a day in the sea,let alone the grand line.

NOW USOPP,THE GOD OF SEA,i simply love him. Damn,whatta man. It must be hard for him to carry those MASSIVE BALLS with him. My most favourite character. I hope he will get character developement and get more OP.

Nothing to say much about Zoro,he is enjoyable to watch. But even though he is strong, he is quite unreliable and got no sense of responsibility . 

Tony Tony Chopper is just too cute.He was just introduced,Hope to see more of him.

I have never seen such a womanizer like Sanji. Like bro simps every woman in existense. Also his power is quite questionable to me. He is just a normal people,still how can his kick be so powerful. He crushed big rocks and took down a fwaking T REX with only his kick, its so unrealistic that it makes me hard to digest it.

That is all for now,I will continue my journey,I hope someday i will catch it. I hope in the upcoming episode ,i will get to see some iconic villains like pain,madara etc. All the villains appeared till now were very lame. (Please dont post any spoilers)

are u watching OP in eng dubbed?
if yes, then that would explain why u don't like Luffy.
bcs Luffy in sub is so so so much loveable❤️😍.
such a heartwarming character.
Aug 27, 2023 12:55 AM
Jan 2022
can anyone tell me how can I post too like this.?
Aug 27, 2023 1:27 AM
Oct 2022
Zayed_Iftekher said:
can anyone tell me how can I post too like this.?

you use the website
Aug 27, 2023 2:09 AM

Apr 2016
Ilhan391 said:
for sanji unrealistic power, there's a reason behind that. I don't want to spoil you but it will make sense later

In any case, One Piece is a show where you can break a mountain with a punch if you are strong enough. As simple as that.
Aug 27, 2023 4:50 AM
Sep 2021
Ilhan391 said:
i hope there is an explanation 
Aug 27, 2023 4:52 AM
Sep 2021
DEEP_SLASHER said:
there maybe times when u feel the story isn't going anywhere or the characters aren't doing anything new but you'll always find them awe inspiring moments if u stick around and watch it to the end

and also..
I just want luffy to be more human. I hope he gets more developed. Dumbness isnt a problem but...He was literally going to be executed by buggy clown and he didnt even realize,thats too much.
Aug 27, 2023 4:58 AM
Sep 2021
Cayusashi said:
One Piece is supposed to be cartoonish. Oda (the author of the manga) has said in the past how Luffy's powers are meant to always bring a level of comedy and cartoonishness to the series so when things get intense there's always something to break the tension. Luffy is meant to be stupid but has a heart of gold. hes having the time of his life on an adventure. he may have only half a brain cell (if that), but his actions will speak for themselves over the course of the series and I think youll really start to appreciate him in the upcoming arc.

also, you can't be expecting a realistic pirate show with the concept of devil fruits and how their powers work along with all of the goofy character designs. and it's an anime, do you really expect realism? I mean come on, Chopper is a talking reindeer who's also one of the best doctors in the world.
Im not comparing it with the real life.  Im saying that there are some scenes that is unrealistic even in the one piece world,chopper being a talking reindeer has logic in the one piece universe. Well,not that im complaining, Luffy entering Grandline with that half assed brain of his is already unrealistic enough for me.
Aug 27, 2023 5:00 AM
Sep 2021
arshsingh99 said:
IamSajid said:

ewwww no, i dont watch dub. Im watching in sub. I didnt say i hate him,i do like him and he is loveable but i think he is the worst protagonist (for now, my opinion may change later)
Aug 27, 2023 5:46 AM
Dec 2016
Bro, imagine you were watching a 10 episode anime - you wouldn't draw conclusions regarding characters & their abilities right from episode 1, would you? Then why would you do the same for a 1000+ episode work at episode 100?😇

Aside from One Piece primarily being a plot & world-building oriented fantasy/action/adventure, rather than a character oriented one (outside a couple of particularly excellent arcs), the characters DO get small increments of more & more DEFINITION, if not development.

Keep in mind that Luffy isn't even educated, the way 'knucklehead' Naruto, Ichigo, Eren, Edward etc were. He's basically all spirit, loving freedom, adventure, his crew & dream more than anything. And most viewers end up loving - or at least liking - him eventually (though he isn't even in my Top 5 One Piece characters, personally, let alone Top 10 ANIME characters, which you can see in my profile). Anyway, those defining aspects as well as past of Luffy DO eventually get explored, so patience bro😇

The above point applies even MORE for Sanji's abilities AND with respect to great villains- let me leave it at that.

Anyway, if Arlong Park was the FIRST taste of what One Piece is ACTUALLY like as a series, your current Arabasta arc is the second BIG BITE: an actual epic, A-tier arc. Now if you're wondering what an S-TIER arc will be like, and the REASON why One Piece is considered one of the all-time-great manga/anime: just wait until Ep 227🔥🔥🔥🔥 SO many mind-blowing arcs & huge expansions of the world, stakes & lore from that arc onwards 🙌🙌.

In fact, that bit of Baratie arc with Mihawk, Arlong Park & Loguetown aside, everything else in the first 90 episodes were JUST intro/setup stuff tbh😅. The REAL One Piece storytelling is only about to begin now.... But DAMN bhai, I always low-key feel JEALOUS of ppl who get to experience those for the very first time☺️☺️☺️ Enjoy nakama, ENJOY!!🍻🍻
Arjun_ManojAug 27, 2023 5:51 AM
Aug 27, 2023 6:18 AM
May 2023
what a coincidence, I just finished the 1000th episode
Aug 27, 2023 6:44 AM

Jun 2022
Just keep watching... I think your oppion of luffy with change, I had the same issue... all changed during Sabaody for me
Aug 27, 2023 8:36 AM

Jan 2010
IamSajid said:
DEEP_SLASHER said:

and also..
I just want luffy to be more human. I hope he gets more developed. Dumbness isnt a problem but...He was literally going to be executed by buggy clown and he didnt even realize,thats too much.

He did realize he was going to die. He's just a "matter of fact" kind of guy. If he dies, he dies.
Aug 27, 2023 5:57 PM
Dec 2020
Your take on Luffy shows where you are in One Piece lol but it’s ok because you’ll change your mind. Hope you continue to enjoy it.
Aug 27, 2023 7:55 PM
Jan 2021
arshsingh99 said:
IamSajid said:

I’ve watched both (dub when i was a little kid or studying) and the rest of the time. Honestly, I think he’s lovable either way and really cares about his friends 🙏
Aug 27, 2023 10:31 PM
Jul 2021
Make sure you watch the g8 arc. It is filler but it’s great trust me.
Aug 28, 2023 12:06 AM
Apr 2020
Luffy is dumb but he gets creative mid battle due to his high battle iq.
Aug 28, 2023 4:13 AM
Dec 2021
IamSajid said:

How can you watch One Piece and hate on one of the GOATED protagonists in fiction!?

He has the funniest moments ever, yes, he's kind of a dumbass sometimes, but that's what makes the comedy aspects stand out
But don't let his kidable nature fool you, when it's time to get serious even with the innocent people getting hurt, you know it's time to kick ass, but if you try to mess with him or his crew, he will be the ever living pulp out of you without the care in the world
Aug 28, 2023 4:15 AM
Dec 2021
Animesh007 said:
in future you will surely love luffy....
enjoy the journey

Luffy is absolutely HIM
Aug 28, 2023 4:18 AM
Dec 2021
IamSajid said:
arshsingh99 said:

ewwww no, i dont watch dub. Im watching in sub. I didnt say i hate him,i do like him and he is loveable but i think he is the worst protagonist (for now, my opinion may change later)

The dub is so LIFELESS
Aug 28, 2023 6:42 AM
May 2021
IamSajid said:
DEEP_SLASHER said:

and also..

You clearly don’t understand Luffy…
With all though respect if that’s what you think that scene meant I begin to think you’re dumber than Luffy 😭
Aug 28, 2023 8:20 AM
Sep 2021
Bijou146 said:
IamSajid said:

How can you watch One Piece and hate on one of the GOATED protagonists in fiction!?

He has the funniest moments ever, yes, he's kind of a dumbass sometimes, but that's what makes the comedy aspects stand out
But don't let his kidable nature fool you, when it's time to get serious even with the innocent people getting hurt, you know it's time to kick ass, but if you try to mess with him or his crew, he will be the ever living pulp out of you without the care in the world

No no,i dont hate him,actually i like him. But even though i like him,i am still saying that he is the worst protagonist(for now). Though just as you saying,the only time he feels more like human,is when he is angry. Overall,his character is not that good. But there is still 1000 more episodes,i hope he will get better. I watched his fight against crocodile just today. I still cant believe he used his brain and figured out crocodile's weakness(which is water). It made me teared up😭
Aug 28, 2023 8:23 AM
Sep 2021
Snake99 said:
IamSajid said:

With all though respect if that’s what you think that scene meant I begin to think you’re dumber than Luffy 😭

Im not talking only about that one,i Just gave an example. i do like luffy,but it is just that,except his fighting scenes,his other moments feel lifeless
Aug 28, 2023 8:25 AM
Sep 2021
Snake99 said:
IamSajid said:

also btw,you gave HxH a 10. what do you say? should i watch it? number of episode Doesn't matter. What matters is the plot,story writing and the characters.
Aug 28, 2023 1:10 PM
Dec 2021
IamSajid said:
Bijou146 said:

No no,i dont hate him,actually i like him. But even though i like him,i am still saying that he is the worst protagonist(for now). Though just as you saying,the only time he feels more like human,is when he is angry. Overall,his character is not that good. But there is still 1000 more episodes,i hope he will get better. I watched his fight against crocodile just today. I still cant believe he used his brain and figured out crocodile's weakness(which is water). It made me teared up😭

There's nothing wrong with Luffy at the very beginning, I didn't see anything wrong with him during his introduction, calling him the worst character after he's introduced is completely uncalled for, I swear you must be tweaking 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Aug 28, 2023 11:00 PM
Sep 2021
Bijou146 said:
IamSajid said:

No no,i dont hate him,actually i like him. But even though i like him,i am still saying that he is the worst protagonist(for now).  Though just as you saying,the only time he feels more like human,is when he is angry. Overall,his character is not that good. But there is still 1000 more episodes,i hope he will get better. I watched his fight against crocodile just today. I still cant believe he used his brain and figured out crocodile's weakness(which is water). It made me teared up😭

There's nothing wrong with Luffy at the very beginning, I didn't see anything wrong with him during his introduction, calling him the worst character after he's introduced is completely uncalled for, I swear you must be tweaking 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
 i have already said that my opinions are temporary,it may change later. also,  i didnt call him the "worst character", i said that he was the "worst PROTAGONIST" (for now), i hope he will get character development 
Aug 29, 2023 1:39 AM
May 2021
also btw,you gave HxH a 10. what do you say? should i watch it? number of episode Doesn't matter. What matters is the plot,story writing and the characters.[/quote]

Absolutely you should watch it. Everyone should watch it it’s great got me feeling like I was a kid again. Hit me hard.
Aug 29, 2023 12:44 PM
Mar 2023
congarats! cant wait for you to catch up to it <3

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1119 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Sep 14

55 by Ryanakoo »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1112 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

FMmatron - Jul 13

128 by HisokaMorrow4 »»
3 hours ago

» Copper lokes like stuff toy

Hickykissy - 5 hours ago

4 by Dumb »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1118 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Sep 7

63 by Ahmad3990 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 300 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TechDragon - Nov 6, 2009

55 by Jimo_435 »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.