Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 4, 2023 3:54 PM
Oct 2021
completely understand if you feel put off by the animation style, sometimes it feels like there's 3 styles mixed idk
BUT 
give the story a chance, jump to the manga even
it's so sweet and feels less cringe
Jul 4, 2023 3:57 PM

Apr 2020
Dunno....seems to me like we're in for 13 Episodes of weird scenes, her not wearing her glasses, him getting off about how she's close to him xD
Can't see much of a Story to be made here.....but then again, it's just my take based on one Episode.

Not hopeful for this one. Seems pretty cheesy.
Jul 4, 2023 4:00 PM
Jul 2021
Merve2Love said:
Dunno....seems to me like we're in for 12 Episodes of weird scenes, her not wearing her glasses, him getting off about how she's close to him xD
Can't see much of a Story to be made here.....but then again, it's just my take based on one Episode.
Yeah same here. There wasn't much in the way of character building, they just dived right in to the poor vision gimmick, which wasn't as entertaining as I thought it would be. Here's hoping there's more depth to be had in the coming episodes.
Jul 4, 2023 4:09 PM
Oct 2021
the story is sweet, not amazing 😂😭😭😭😭
if you read the manga in one sitting it won't feel that repetitive
but 13 eps won't do it, and it's not worth more than 13 eps
stick with the manga 🫣
Jul 4, 2023 4:13 PM

Jul 2019
I really loved the animation style, lol.
Jul 4, 2023 4:39 PM
Jan 2023
This was the worst first episode of anything I’ve seen in a while, I think I’ll stick it out until ep 3, if it’s still bad I’ll have to drop it.
Jul 4, 2023 4:56 PM
Aug 2021
As a manga reader I’m just going to say give it time. Take my advice or leave it
Jul 4, 2023 6:24 PM
Oct 2011
Nevermind the animation style, the main character is the dumbest, cringiest simp I've seen since Rent-a-Girlfriend. Even if Mie is a decent waifu (I like the klutzy ones) I don't think I'll be able to handle 13 episodes watching this insufferable asshat. 

I really hope this plays out similarly to Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu, where the MC steadily grows from cringelord to chad in just one cour. Last season was great for romance anime, with so many women taking the initiative in the relationship; now we need to stop with the "I-radiate-lethal-doses-of-virgin-energy" male characters. 
drakenationJul 4, 2023 6:29 PM
Jul 4, 2023 6:30 PM
Oct 2021
drakenation said:
Nevermind the animation style, the main character is the dumbest, cringiest simp I've seen since Rent-a-Girlfriend. Even if Mie is a decent waifu (I like the klutzy ones) I don't think I'll be able to handle 13 episodes watching this insufferable asshat. 

I really hope this plays out similarly to Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu, where the MC steadily grows from cringelord to chad in just one cour. Last season was great for romance anime, with so many women taking the initiative in the relationship; now we need to stop with the "I-radiate-lethal-doses-of-virgin-energy" male characters. 

what are you on he is barely 15 and the other dude is 20
at 15 he is the horniest he can be, of course it's gonna be cringe, it's his pov
kazuya it's 20, and still worse than a child at 15

that comparison made no sense, 0, none, nothing, negative

they are in middle school, way different mentality than highschool
Jul 4, 2023 6:45 PM
Oct 2011
angel1309 said:
drakenation said:

at 15 he is the horniest he can be, of course it's gonna be cringe, it's his pov

I never mentioned any horniness, it's fine being horny. The problem is having yet another MC that acts like women are bizarre, incomprehensible creatures - to the point he couldn't even give her a little tap on the shoulder to wake her up during class. I was 15 once, and even though I was awkward as fuck, this anime just takes it to the extreme. There are plenty of 15 year old boys who have romantic experience, both in Japan and other countries. This type of writing is just the typical, cliched pandering to virgin nerds, much like Rent-a-girlfriend.

In the end, it's simply bad writing. I'll give it the traditional 3 episodes trial, but it seems likely I'll drop this one. 
Jul 4, 2023 7:32 PM
Nov 2020
drakenation said:
angel1309 said:

I never mentioned any horniness, it's fine being horny. The problem is having yet another MC that acts like women are bizarre, incomprehensible creatures - to the point he couldn't even give her a little tap on the shoulder to wake her up during class. I was 15 once, and even though I was awkward as fuck, this anime just takes it to the extreme. There are plenty of 15 year old boys who have romantic experience, both in Japan and other countries. This type of writing is just the typical, cliched pandering to virgin nerds, much like Rent-a-girlfriend.

In the end, it's simply bad writing. I'll give it the traditional 3 episodes trial, but it seems likely I'll drop this one. 

Sounds like projection. Willing to bet you’re the real virgin nerf if it makes you this upset.
Jul 4, 2023 7:40 PM
Oct 2011
RynoSwagman said:
drakenation said:

Sounds like projection. Willing to bet you’re the real virgin nerf if it makes you this upset.
I'm just exercising my writing skills using this bad anime as an input. You definitely could work on yours. 
Jul 4, 2023 7:49 PM

Jan 2013
drakenation said:
angel1309 said:

It's not bad writing just because it isn't realistic though, it's fucking anime, it's rarely ever realistic. lol
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jul 4, 2023 8:08 PM
Oct 2011
LostSpectre said:
drakenation said:

It's not bad writing just because it isn't realistic though, it's fucking anime, it's rarely ever realistic. lol
It's not bad because it isn't realistic, it's bad because it's just another by-the-books rom-com. 
Jul 4, 2023 9:33 PM
Dec 2022
giving me Kazuha vibes ...I am done🙄
but acc to my personality ik i will still stick to the end and cope nd cringe internally
Jul 4, 2023 10:17 PM
Jun 2023
drakenation said:

I think the mc is relatable for any average 14 to 15 year old introvert boy in middle school.
I mean not everyone is born a chad. Everyone middle school character like Nishikata and Ichikawa were awkward at first but had their developments as the anime went on. This character here is also shown like that. In the previous stories Nishikata and Ichikawa fell in love with their female counterparts over the period of the anime, but here the mc is already in love so it's a little bit different case. It's middle school shounen romance story so it's bound to be cringe. For eg: feeling ashamed to touch a girl or anything like that is cringe and is actually pretty normal for a middle school boy who has a crush on her. If you feel bored watching this type of thing then u should watch something else. For me I find this pretty cute and interesting.
Also, I haven't watched Rent a gf so I can't give my opinion on that.( all this is my personal opinion so u know...)

I really liked the animation and art style of the anime. Something different has been tried out this time so I gonna keep watching it.

sorry for rambling so much.
Jul 4, 2023 10:31 PM
Jun 2022
angel1309 said:
completely understand if you feel put off by the animation style, sometimes it feels like there's 3 styles mixed idk
BUT 
give the story a chance, jump to the manga even
it's so sweet and feels less cringe

Nah , I don't have any problems with the animation style. Even the haters too only had problems of the camera angles not the animation, they loved the animation but criticized the camera angles hard. The camera angles are weird to me too but it's not like I suffered from some kind of motion sickness or gonna puke so I am gonna watch it till last . Even I feel like it's going to be my best anime of the season
Jul 5, 2023 1:17 AM
Aug 2020
ppl saying omg its awesome whata visuals completly ignoring how bas characters is for now, especialy virgin mc kun overreacting to everything. Hope it gets better, dont ruin top tier animation is given to you .
Jul 5, 2023 1:37 AM
Nov 2018
I don't mind the graphics at all. What's cringe worthy is the MC overreacting to everything. I seen a lot of animes like that. It's very off putting after a while. Zero story and the MC is left zero personality. With all that said I am planning to watch to episode 3. If I still don't like it will drop it then.
Jul 5, 2023 1:40 AM
Apr 2022
Sage72_ said:
As a manga reader I’m just going to say give it time. Take my advice or leave it
i will take your advice
Jul 5, 2023 3:43 AM

Jul 2015
This is not some sort of battle shounens with constant, high octane action, so hideous animation is not going to debilitated my enjoyment.
At least not entirely.

Jul 5, 2023 5:20 AM
Feb 2023
Merve2Love said:
Dunno....seems to me like we're in for 13 Episodes of weird scenes, her not wearing her glasses, him getting off about how she's close to him xD

Not hopeful for this one. Seems pretty cheesy.

You won’t regret sticking with it, as a manga reader I can assure you it’s gonna be amazing if you like an awkward romance between two weirdos. The side characters are also nice, it’s not going to be very past trauma kind of depth but the character all have depth nonetheless.
The first episode I agree was very very slow but it gives me confidence they won’t mess up the pacing. If you like dangers in my heart from last season you will probably like this as well.
Jul 5, 2023 5:38 AM
Nov 2020
drakenation said:
LostSpectre said:
It's not bad because it isn't realistic, it's bad because it's just another by-the-books rom-com. 

If “by the books” is so bad, then why are you practicing your writing skills to be more by the books? Looks to me like you are following English grammar rules by the books. By your logic, you should be writing with your own artistic flair, ignoring any preconceived notions of what makes proper grammar and what does not!
Jul 5, 2023 5:39 AM

Feb 2019
RynoSwagman said:
drakenation said:

Bro angry at constructive criticizm for a random ass romcom protagonist.
mlem

Also read Ookami Shounen wa Kyou mo Uso wo Kasaneru (Bless Botan)
Jul 5, 2023 5:41 AM
Nov 2020
ShinoAlter said:
RynoSwagman said:

Wait… you’re saying I’m angry when this dude wrote an entire paragraph complaining about a fictional character’s mannerisms??
Jul 5, 2023 5:42 AM

Feb 2019
RynoSwagman said:
ShinoAlter said:

Wait… you’re saying I’m angry when this dude wrote an entire paragraph complaining about a fictional character’s mannerisms??

He wrote a review of the character with not that much emotions, you went angry and started saying he’s projecting because he dislikes a character lmao.

Yes, you’re the angry one.
mlem

Jul 5, 2023 5:45 AM
Nov 2020
ShinoAlter said:
RynoSwagman said:

He wrote a review of the character with not that much emotions, you went angry and started saying he’s projecting because he dislikes a character lmao.

ShinoAlter said:
RynoSwagman said:

Get your eyes and comprehension skills checked pal, he starts calling out virgin nerds so I doubled down on him. Sorry to offend you and your boyfriend.
Jul 5, 2023 5:50 AM

Feb 2019
RynoSwagman said:
ShinoAlter said:

ShinoAlter said:

Get your eyes and comprehension skills checked pal, he starts calling out virgin nerds so I doubled down on him. Sorry to offend you and your boyfriend.

Oh you certainly haven’t offended anyone, I just laugh at you getting angry.
mlem

Jul 5, 2023 5:52 AM
Nov 2020
ShinoAlter said:
RynoSwagman said:

ShinoAlter said:
RynoSwagman said:

Classic “you’re mad” response when you realize how dumb your initial argument was
Jul 5, 2023 5:53 AM

Feb 2019
RynoSwagman said:
ShinoAlter said:

ShinoAlter said:

Classic “you’re mad” response when you realize how dumb your initial argument was

Whatever you say, pal
mlem

Jul 5, 2023 6:08 AM
May 2021
FRROOOSSSHHH ZOOOOOM WHOOOSH
This is what you will be subject to in just the first three minutes of this anime. The director is drunk off his gourd on the power of digital animation and forgot that the story is a goddamn slice-of-life romance😒😓

I have watched this anime for an entire three minutes and already I am sick of the "camera work". It is distracting, annoying, and absolutely unnecessary. I don't mind digital animation, it's not for everyone, and dramatic camera work could even work for something like a Shōnen. But not for a slice-of-life romance! People watch these shows because they are calm and sweet with maybe a little bit of drama. Not to be dazzled by sweeping camerawork and zooms.
That's all I have to say, I'm done. I refuse to sit through an entire cour of whacky camera antics so I am dropping this here and now😠
Jul 5, 2023 6:21 AM
Sep 2018
I'm giving the story a chance... by dropping this nauseating, vertigo-inducing anime and picking up the manga instead.

GoHands should disband.
Jul 5, 2023 11:38 AM
Aug 2020
Yes, it's the most wholesome and beautiful manga I've read!

More topics from this board

» From where to start manga?

sb-ishan-99 - Mar 23

6 by DriiMexYT »»
May 23, 5:11 AM

Poll: » Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2023

113 by Kzmapai »»
May 1, 3:31 AM

Poll: » Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2023

429 by Humaneky »»
Mar 5, 5:25 PM

Poll: » Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2023

75 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 1, 6:41 PM

Poll: » Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2023

86 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 1, 5:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.