Bungo Stray Dogs
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 4, 2023 9:34 AM
Mar 2016
I'm getting really tired of all the

Apr 4, 2023 9:48 AM

Jul 2021
Being a One Piece fan can't say it really bothers me I'm just used to it.
Apr 4, 2023 10:02 AM
Mar 2020
Well for me this is the 1st season of BSD that I actually liked.

The main reason for that is that Mc and Akutagawa weren’t really involved. Idk but those two always brought this show down for me.

So, no that doesn’t really bother me

๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Oct 2022
nope every season it happens
Mar 2021
What bothers me? I don't seem to be able to see your take here just the question and the poll....
Apr 4, 2023 10:12 AM
Feb 2021
MeVike said:

The main reason for that is that Mc and Akutagawa weren’t really involved. Idk but those two always brought this show down for me.

Wasn’t atsushi the mc fairly involved in this season
Apr 4, 2023 10:17 AM
Mar 2020
SaboSinatra said:
MeVike said:

Ye but only in the ending episodes and by then I was already invested in the story and the other characters (especially the new ones)

๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ.

Apr 4, 2023 10:19 AM
Feb 2021
MeVike said:
SaboSinatra said:

Ye but only in the ending episodes and by then I was already invested in the story and the other characters (especially the new ones)

Fair enough that’s understandable I can’t say I’m a big fan of the mc either
Apr 4, 2023 11:01 AM
Sep 2020
i'm just glad the characters aren't dead
Apr 4, 2023 11:07 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah I don’t like it either.At least one piece stopped doing it after a few major deaths

In defence of the show though,in this season fake out deaths is used as more of a way to hide the whereabouts and the things the characters in question are doing
Apr 4, 2023 11:31 AM

Feb 2023
At this point I can't make out if the character actually died or not. Even if they end up dying, my expression is that "Ah! So he actually died"
Apr 4, 2023 12:04 PM
Feb 2022
I think the fights could have more emotion
Apr 4, 2023 1:36 PM

May 2019
I’m of two minds about it.

On the one hand, I feel that it’s a common problem among shonen anime and no less one here. Even characters that legitimately should have died to make their scenes more impactful, it just doesn’t seem like the show is willing to commit. I’m not a fan of sacred cows in any series, since it removes some dramatic tension when you know your characters will make it out alive.

That being said, I think there’s a case to be made that death isn’t the only way to put your characters in serious danger or, for that matter, the best way to advance the plot. Season 4 used fake out deaths in a way to demonstrate that a certain character is torn between two worlds, and thus is capable of breaking out of a scheme that would otherwise have been airtight. Forcing characters to face aspects of their pasts, fight losing battles against stronger opponents, have those closest to you maligned and implicated in multiple murders, and even having them watch their very ideals shattered in front of them is meaningful dramatic tension. I think some series are too willing to push death as the chief source of dramatic tension, and while I think it should be a tool that more series like BSD should be willing to use to show that it’s characters can bite it, I understand why an author would be loathe to give up a character dynamic in such a tight group as the Armed Detective Agency or the Port Mafia. Finding other ways to keep the audience on their toes works for me.
Apr 4, 2023 6:30 PM
Dec 2021
Nope, not in the slightest
Apr 5, 2023 3:06 AM
Apr 2023
I mean honestly it has no effect of how I view the show I watch the show for many other reason other than the characters themselves. I mainly like the power dynamics, the constant conflict and confusion it’s purely psychological. I do agree yes the fake deaths are going to impact the emotion that people feel when those characters actually die but honestly that might work in the writer’s favor everyone is so fixated on these characters “living” through situations they should have died in. What do you think all the people who dropped bsd because of the fake our deaths are going to do when those people actually die? There all going to flock to see the death wether it’s just a clip of the death itself. The author might actually make money by making his characters “unkillable”. Overall the show is still good even with the over use of death simply because of the detail in the manga and the foreshadowing look at master natsume he was the cat in the bar that dazai called sensi it’s confusing but entertaining๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป‍โ™€๏ธ
Apr 5, 2023 6:39 AM
Sep 2022
just read the manga bro, it makes them alot better, bones does a good job of adapting but still like usual the manga still is better with portraying all the emotions & stuff
Apr 6, 2023 2:36 AM

Apr 2016
The only fakeout death that annoyed me was Hirotsu's. I think he should have been killed off. The other ones were incredibly obvious, like Yosano's "death" at the end of episode 10 with that fade to black. And in the case of Nikolai, he does explain how he survived later on and I think it would have been a waste to kill him off so early.
Apr 14, 2023 3:01 AM

Aug 2012
It doesn´t really bother me. However...

"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Aug 28, 2023 2:45 PM

Nov 2015
The characters are too popular with fujos to die.

Even in season 5 
HACKs! ๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคฎ
Sep 24, 2023 8:59 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to MeVike

@MeVike I really hate the mc, should I try this season? I really want to start it... But I just don't get the interest to start it coz of that mc! ๐Ÿ˜ญ (one of the very, very rare moment where I hate a mc)
Sep 24, 2023 9:02 AM
Mar 2020
VardhanD said:
@MeVike I really hate the mc, should I try this season? I really want to start it... But I just don't get the interest to start it coz of that mc! ๐Ÿ˜ญ (one of the very, very rare moment where I hate a mc)

As someone who doesn’t necessarily like the Mc either, I’d say I really enjoyed season 4. It’s a step up in any direction from other seasons and guess what? The Mc isn’t really the focus in this season, so I’d say go for it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 4th Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2023

117 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 18, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 4th Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Feb 1, 2023

78 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 18, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 4th Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

RealCheeze - Jan 4, 2023

209 by girlwhattttt »»
May 15, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 4th Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2023

84 by Karva1 »»
Apr 26, 1:48 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 4th Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2023

82 by Karva1 »»
Apr 25, 9:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.