Forum Settings
Forums

How picky are you when deciding on a new anime?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 27, 2023 8:00 PM

Jul 2022
I'll watch it as long as it isn't a yuri.
Feb 27, 2023 9:13 PM

Mar 2021
If I have read the manga first, I don't really feel the need to watch the same story in the anime, so I remove it from the list of potential new anime to watch.

Also, I check to see if there are any voice actors I don't like. I also check if the pictures are to my liking and check the synopsis.

Feb 27, 2023 9:29 PM

Jul 2022
I'm a bit picky, sometimes I am more or less. Currently I am, although I already know what I want to see, I can postpone it. I know that I want to see many animes that I have pending and I choose among all of them the most suitable for me at that moment, even if I have a choice, it is difficult for me to decide between them.
I try to choose an anime that I know I'll finish on my days off from work, currently.

If I had nothing to choose from, I have to say that I am not a person who reads the synopsis or the rating here on MAL, in fact I also avoid seeing the characters (since on the anime page they put the main ones depending on their favorites by the community, which I consider spoiler).
I just watch the genres and sometimes the trailer.
Feb 27, 2023 9:47 PM

May 2021
Most of the time, I look at the anime's cover. It's like I'm assuming how the anime is like from the cover alone. If I got attracted to the picture, I will go in blindly without even seeing the genre. That's why sometimes I can accidentally finish ecchi and BL even if I don't want to lol. I'll check further informations when I want to.

𝑇𝐼𝑃𝑆 𝐼𝑁 𝐺𝐼𝑁𝑇𝐴𝑀𝐴
- NOT your usual shounen anime
- Pure comedy? DEAD WRONG
- Treat Gintama as SoL/weekly sitcom especially earlier seasons
- Ep 1 & 2 are for manga readers
- BIG patience for its 'slow' start

Feb 28, 2023 3:35 AM

Dec 2013
I pick anime based on their covers and go in as blind as possible. After the 1st, 2nd or maybe even 3rd episode, I decide if I'll continue, or drop the show. So I'm not as picky as I used to be. I am particular about some things, but that's a different topic.
Feb 28, 2023 5:14 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
I'll watch anything as long as not isekai and pedo..
when someone watches as many anime as I do, the next choice is not difficult

Feb 28, 2023 5:39 AM

Aug 2017
There are so many things I'm interested in watching that I don't want to loose time on poor shows.
But I really am interested in a lot of things.
So sometimes, I scroll on my "Plan to watch" list and just delete a few titles that seem mediocre at best.

I read anime plots before starting them and also look at who the director is when it's a movie.

To answer your second question, I really have to completely lose hope on a show to drop it.
And most of the time, it's a recommendation not fit for me or a rewatch out of nostalgia.
Feb 28, 2023 12:48 PM

Dec 2022
If I don't like them I do not rewatch, if I like them I do not rewatch.   I'm pickier than a lot of people when it comes to searching for new one's to watch, even though my plan to watch has over 30 or 40, compared to the lists I went through in mal library, it's very few.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Do you feel like theaters outside of Japan should reconsider expanding screening for anime movies, do daily rerun daily screening events, etc. since not all of us are able to make it due to busy life, important matters, etc.?

WingZeroRequiem - 11 hours ago

16 by Lunder »»
1 minute ago

» Which anime could be classified as "Technically isikai?"( Another place but same world)

Ratris_Decision - Yesterday

16 by KodomoKomodo »»
4 minutes ago

» 🐱‍👤✨Naruto Hand Seals Are Based On Buddhism?!

Metabee177 - 6 hours ago

4 by katsucats »»
14 minutes ago

» Is there any anime which you haven't watched but you enjoyed the Hentai/Doujin centred around that perticular series ?

GoodBoy0069 - Jun 1

24 by GoodBoy0069 »»
41 minutes ago

» Have you ever considered picking up drawing anime as a hobby? ( 1 2 )

Anjuro - Jun 3

67 by Anjuro »»
41 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.