Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 13, 2023 9:36 PM
Jul 2022
I am apologizing in advance because this thread has no connections with Attack On Titan. I just want to suggest MAL a feature that they should implement. I don't know if there are any forums or place to make these threads, so sorry.
The feature that I want it to be implement is a way to tell how many time you have rewatched or rewatching an anime. There will be a section of "Re-watch" just like how there are "Conpleted" "Plan To Watch" "Dropped" etc. For example, I have rewatched Haikyu 5 times and Naruto 4 times but there is no way to tell it or show it. We can show how connected or addicted the anime is in your opinion in this way. I will be happy if the mods move this thread to a proper place or leave it here. And btw the reason I am not writing this in Play Store's reviews are because that place gets ignored a lot and not active.

Edit: Ig there is a way to do this but it's in Desktop Version. Then I will suggest MAL to implement it in the App too.
DexterDruboJan 13, 2023 9:59 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jan 13, 2023 9:54 PM

Sep 2016
theres a forum board for suggestions you should post this there; link
Nov 2022
DexterDrubo said:
I am apologizing in advance because this thread has no connections with Attack On Titan. I just want to suggest MAL a feature that they should implement. I don't know if there are any forums or place to make these threads, so sorry.
The feature that I want it to be implement is a way to tell how many time you have rewatched or rewatching an anime. There will be a section of "Re-watch" just like how there are "Conpleted" "Plan To Watch" "Dropped" etc. For example, I have rewatched Haikyu 5 times and Naruto 4 times but there is no way to tell it or show it. We can show how connected or addicted the anime is in your opinion in this way. I will be happy if the mods move this thread to a proper place or leave it here. And btw the reason I am not writing this in Play Store's reviews are because that place gets ignored a lot and not active.

Yeah, this will be a good addition.

Nov 2021
A re-watch is a re-watch, no matter how many times. Maybe they'll implement it (in the app), but it's not something useful.
itsrj20Jan 13, 2023 10:05 PM

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Jan 13, 2023 9:55 PM
Nov 2022
iirayuki said:
theres a forum board for suggestions you should post this there; link

Ok, I didn't know that.
Thanks for the information.
Jan 13, 2023 9:55 PM
May 2020
it’s an option in the web version (mobile or desktop). you have to click “edit detailed info” and then “show advanced”, and then you can select the number of times you’ve rewatched it
Jan 13, 2023 9:56 PM

Dec 2021
it's already there. You need to open Mal through desktop site to get it.
Jan 13, 2023 10:29 PM

Mar 2021
Rishon007 said:
it's already there. You need to open Mal through desktop site to get it.

I think he meant a section in your profil when u click "rewatched" all the anime u watched more than one will show up in a list like for dropped, completed....
Jan 13, 2023 11:33 PM
Jan 2022
itsrj20 said:
A re-watch is a re-watch, no matter how many times. Maybe they'll implement it (in the app), but it's not something useful.

i think it's really useful. People's opinion towards something does change over time. There could ba a time where when you finished the anime 3 years ago, it's a 9/10, only to found out it's a 5/10 the second time you watched it.
Jan 13, 2023 11:46 PM

Nov 2021
melamuna said:
itsrj20 said:

i think it's really useful. People's opinion towards something does change over time. There could ba a time where when you finished the anime 3 years ago, it's a 9/10, only to found out it's a 5/10 the second time you watched it.

Yeah, but I was talking about the example OP gave, like adding "X" number of rewatches to your rewatch list.

As for the re-watch option, MAL is officially a site and the site already has this "Add to Rewatch" option. The app is just for easy support, home feed, notifications with clean UI and "important" features.

Again, they might probably implement the re-watch option for app, in the future, but for now I don't think they're going to push an update just for it.

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Jan 13, 2023 11:50 PM

Dec 2018
itsrj20 said:
melamuna said:

Yeah, but I was talking about the example OP gave, like adding "X" number of rewatches to your rewatch list.

As for the re-watch option, MAL is officially a site and the site already has this "Add to Rewatch" option. The app is just for easy support, home feed, notifications with clean UI and "important" features.

Again, they might probably implement the re-watch option for app, in the future, but for now I don't think they're going to push an update just for it.

Im pretty sure there is a total amount of times rewatched section you can fill in. It automatically updates when u finish rewatchinf a show, you can change the total number of times rewatched. though aside from that theres not much functionality so i see what u r sayin
Jan 14, 2023 12:00 AM

Nov 2021
Just_A_ManBOi said:
itsrj20 said:

Im pretty sure there is a total amount of times rewatched section you can fill in. It automatically updates when u finish rewatchinf a show, you can change the total number of times rewatched. though aside from that theres not much functionality so i see what u r sayin

Oh that's good. I've never even used the re-watch option in the first place, so I didn't know you could combine more than 1 rewatch. Since, I don't rewatch the show, so haven't checked into anything rewatch related.

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Jan 14, 2023 3:40 AM
Jul 2021
There's a rewatch feature in the website ( not in the app though), you can add how many times you rewatched and tour progress if you are rewatching
Jan 14, 2023 3:50 AM
Jun 2021
DexterDrubo said:

Edit: Ig there is a way to do this but it's in Desktop Version. Then I will suggest MAL to implement it in the App too.

I agree, I would use it
Jan 14, 2023 3:57 AM
Jun 2021
This is how to get in the app on phone

Mod edit: if you put several pictures in a single post, please hide them behind a spoiler tag.
-DxP-Jan 15, 2023 3:07 AM
Jan 14, 2023 5:29 AM
Jul 2022
thanks and MAL really should simplify this process lol.
DexterDruboJan 14, 2023 8:31 PM
Jan 14, 2023 2:17 PM
Nov 2021
Whenever I need to put rewatching or rewatched I use the desktop version but I think it’d be a lot better if you could do everything you can do on the desktop version on the app as well
Jan 14, 2023 8:11 PM
Sep 2022
DexterDrubo said:

The feature i want is to change votes in poll🗿
Jan 14, 2023 8:13 PM
Sep 2022
DexterDrubo said:
thanks and MAL really should simply this process lol.

In fact, MAL should simplify a lot of stuffs including "deleting posts and stuffs"
Jan 15, 2023 2:32 AM
Jul 2018
DexterDrubo said:

btw nice approach
Jan 15, 2023 3:03 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Thread moved to correct board + locked as this is a frequently posted suggestion.

Besides, this should be possible, post 8 & 16 explains it quite well :)

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2020681
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1893684
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1865592
-DxP-Jan 15, 2023 3:11 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» small typo

Akuya - 6 hours ago

1 by Alexioos95 »»
5 hours ago

» Recommend me anime with Elves in them.

AngelicSuccubus - 7 hours ago

0 by AngelicSuccubus »»
7 hours ago

» Update anime cover with clean one

kevin_satron - Today

0 by kevin_satron »»
Today, 1:31 AM

» Combining every season of an Anime?

Dennisss - Apr 1, 2021

20 by GotSpinz »»
Yesterday, 2:35 PM

» An "Indicator" to see how many episodes behind you are in a currently airing series.

Roscoez - Jun 12

2 by Ateeq625 »»
Yesterday, 4:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.