Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 20, 2022 7:38 AM
Jun 2019
I like CSM for its characters. It has a simple hero's journey type of story but it's incredibly unique. It has personality and hides this really thought-provoking narrative behind flashy quirky shounen battles. It's not a 10/10 series but it leaves a big impression on you.
Hi
Dec 20, 2022 7:58 AM
Aug 2021
thunderkitten13 said:
Laced26 said:
you’re being incredibly reductionist in your viewpoint. You're not thinking about why he's doing that and instead are taking everything at face value why refusing to look deeper.
The reason behind Denji’s eating habits is the fact that he grew up poor and had to scavenge for scraps to survive, that much should be obvious as we get flashbacks to his past.
My psychology friends reacted to Denji's comments in the newest episode (when he said he wouldn’t care in the long term if his co-workers died) they told me that it's quite obvious that Denji operates on pure instinct. He doesn't think about what he does as long as he's fed and kept warm

Again with the psychology. I studied psychology, I was a double major, and have done volunteer work with people who come from broken homes. A lot of them develope addictions and psychological issues like bipolar disorder or anxiety. Denji shows ZERO traits of someone suffering from any underlying psychological trauma. Even gang members have links to generalized depression moreso than the rest of the general population, but Deni shows zero issues with his self-esteem, diet, sleep, general temperament, and concentration. He in fact follows through with all of his goals and doesn’t seem fazed by his past at all. He doesn’t have any issues with developing relationships, and practically falls for Makima by the second episode!

Real people who have experienced traumatic abuse by strangers ESPECIALLY have trust issues with people they have barely met. Paired with the rest of traits that characterize psychological illnesses, people who have endured trauma at a young age find it three times as difficult to develope meaningful relationships because of their problems with trust and anxiety. Denji does not have ANY problems with making friends, and even acts upon social cues like helping Power to get her cat back. People with trust issues from trauma DO NOT behave in a way that exposes them to disappointment or regret. They do not form complex relationships except for individuals they’ve known for literal YEARS, and even then some become reclusive or even worse: develop phobias that hinder their ability to function.

Please stop telling me people who study psychology who study it find Denji to be an example of someone who has mental issues and thus is a more complex character than he appears. They are liars because Denji does not even show signs of trauma in the
slightest, he is a typical shonen bore that was given one liner dialogue like he had to sell one of his balls and eye to make it seem he went through a lot. The sad part is he COULD’VD been written as a very deep character! With a more competent writer, the emotional payoff from the first act would’ve placed Chainsaw Man as one of the best manga ever, but no: he’s a shallow overpowered joker that always wins and is led by his most basic instincts for pleasure. This story is a waste of time for anyone who knows what a good story is, but for casual people or people blinded by the memes, Denji and CM will be considered “deep”.
if you were the writer of CM what would you have done differently (genuine questions)
Dec 20, 2022 9:30 AM

Dec 2021
Just watch it and see for yourself. Don't form opinions about something you know nothing about.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2022 2:29 AM

Apr 2020
CinnamonYup said:
Dark_Figures said:
Animation is good. Other than that, I don't think it's something special.

I can tell u havent read the manga and cried from a snowball fight

The manga is non of my business, I'm talking about the anime.
Jan 31, 2023 1:07 AM

Oct 2008
I enjoy the fact that this show doesn't pull it's punches in any regard.
It's serious, violent and at times sexual. It's controversial traits is what I appreciate most about it.
Unhinged characters, story telling that paints a realistic and harsh reality.
Even in unlikable characters, I can find a trait or two I will appreciate, even if I don't necessarily like.
Jan 31, 2023 2:07 AM
Jul 2018
Chainsaw man hype gone..🤣
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 25, 2022

861 by Laszek_ditlax »»
Yesterday, 9:18 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1145 by Laszek_ditlax »»
Yesterday, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

YoshePlays - Oct 7, 2022

2656 by Laszek_ditlax »»
Yesterday, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Who else thinks Ryu Nakayama did an amazing job with Chainsaw Man S1?

GoatPieceLuffy - Jan 8

47 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 7, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 29, 2022

1017 by RafaKojiro »»
Jun 6, 10:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.