Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 23, 2022 1:00 PM

May 2018
Altair and Vega, huh... Not exactly new stuff but can't do without it when the story revolves around two characters separated by circumstances.
Ijuin's private beach is the same beach from the flashback, building seems to be the same. Asahi said that girl's father will be worried, if the building is her house in the "actual" reality then it might translate to Ijuin's villa in the "fake" reality.
The usual weird stuff like Asahi not remembering stuff about his "friend" at all and people being completely fine with someone run over by a car. And... Aoi is nowhere to be found and people don't seem to notice. When she finally appears MC's memories of the other girls fade. That focus on knives, scissors and cutting stuff is likely implying some dark stuff about Aoi. Like she's local Monica and made something terrible to other girls.
When Yoshio was calling my S;G brain kicked in and I expected him to say something like "Asahi, you must stop World War 3", lol. Also the clock is broken which is totally not suspicious in any way.

So, my theory for now can be summed up like this: I think amnesia of some sort is involved. Asahi and his childhood friend were happy teens in love then something terrible happened, likely the whole world was involved, I don't know how to explain the Lovelins from different countries otherwise. The world is postapocalyptic or extremely distopian but VR technologies are great. A(o)i is somehow in charge of this fake reality which purpose is to fulfill her dream of happy days with Asahi lasting forever. She's also obsessed so there are no other people and she's violent against anything and anyone that can interrupt their time together. The time doesn't move and the sakura tree is always in bloom. But we reach this dream-like state only now, for the past episodes Aoi was just one of the girls and all of them had flashbacks about Asahi, and despite reality being freaking weird the time still flowed and Asahi remembered all of the girls just fine. So what was the deal with girls and what happened? And what's the deal with different countries and a scientist girl?

You might think it's boring and predictable but for some reason I LOVED the fact that ED was adding singers one by one but now it's just an instrumental and there's no pictures of girls.
Nov 23, 2022 1:22 PM

May 2018
I wanted to make an edit at first but that's pretty big.

Check out the official website: https://loveflops.com/ It now says "Disconnect" when getting to 100% and the image is glitching. Also, no girls to be seen.
The character roster now features Izawa Ai the childhood friend https://loveflops.com/chara/chara008.html and the description says she suddenly died because of illness 2 years ago. No clue why they'd have to spoil it, maybe it leads into another twist, maybe not.
Other Ai trivia:
- Born on September 24. Other dates close to this one featured in anime are September 12 (shown in the ep 1, the alarm clock shortly glitches out to that date) and October 1 (Aoi's birthday). Asahi himself is born on October 10. So all 3 of them are Libra.
- AB - same blood type as Aoi and Yoshino.
- All kinds of domestic chores are listed as her specialty. Aoi's description says she's good at domestic stuff too.
- Ai's favorite food is banana, the same is listed for Asahi.
- 2 B-side songs to the ending theme are announced, they are called "lost in the white" and "With You", BOTH are sung by Ai (same VA as Aoi, Itou Miku, but anyway) and will be released on November 30. "lost in the white" will be the anime ED from now on. https://loveflops.com/news/article0039.html
Nov 23, 2022 7:51 PM

Feb 2018
We were right. We were right. We were right.

At the very least, the simulation part seems to be true. If it's also a visual novel I'll be really pleased. Can't wait for it to tie into war. Next week's episode is going to be amazing
Nov 23, 2022 8:12 PM
May 2017
cnedd11 said:
A lot of copium in this thread,

Just accept that it's your typical seasonal harem

what about now? lol
Nov 23, 2022 8:25 PM
Jun 2021
dxtremecaliber said:
cnedd11 said:
A lot of copium in this thread,

Just accept that it's your typical seasonal harem

what about now? lol

Dude went completely wrong
Everyone is right about "that" stuff
I am really grateful to those people who says it's not "typical shit" and hooked me up with show and here we are
Nov 23, 2022 8:28 PM
May 2017
taru_otaku said:
dxtremecaliber said:

what about now? lol

I am really grateful to those people who says it's not "typical shit" and hooked me up with show and here we are

this is why i love watching airing/seasonal anime especially when its a anime original bcuz we dont know what the f is going to happen and we need to tune in next to know what happened lol idc if its gonna be shit anime series at the end but i love this
Nov 23, 2022 8:43 PM
Jun 2021
dxtremecaliber said:
taru_otaku said:

this is why i love watching airing/seasonal anime especially when its a anime original bcuz we dont know what the f is going to happen and we need to tune in next to know what happened lol idc if its gonna be shit anime series at the end but i love this
yep same here out of all shows I am really excited for this one
Also website of anime and ending are really making me more interested
Can't wait for next one maybe a reset or something else
Nov 23, 2022 9:06 PM

Dec 2010
Kurisu53 said:
No clue why they'd have to spoil it

Looks like the people responsible for the site fucked up since the text is encrypted now.
Nov 23, 2022 11:07 PM
May 2019
I'm the creative director of Projekt Monika so I saw this coming when the anime was first announced
Nov 24, 2022 12:49 AM
Jul 2021
This is my theory that the MC was on a coma (this may the fact that he doesn't remember the Girl) and they bought the mind of MC to the simulation and Ai aka Aoi find ways to revive the MC this is what happened on Hello World movie.

What a twisted Yandere there 😆
Nov 24, 2022 8:42 PM

Feb 2018
I'm either really dumb or really smart for what I'm about to say:

I was looking at the ending theme and noticed that these were the words on screen:

それはどんなカタチでも (sore wa donna katachi demo)
正解は自分次第 (seikai wa jibun shita)
きっとワタシだけの (kitto watashi dakeno)
アイを見つけるから (ai wo mitsukeru kara)

Which I believe would translate to:

No matter what form it takes
The correct answer depends on you
For sure, I'm the only one
Because I found love

However, the last line uses the katakana (アイ) for love instead of the kanji for it (恋). Since katakana is usually used for names, a different interpretation of the last line of the ending theme could be "Because I found Ai".

Since each girl started singing the ending theme after the flashback with Ai in it, it could be that they connected (back to(?)) Ai after having their moments with Asahi.

"No matter what form it takes, the correct answer depends on you". So if this were a visual novel, Asahi is making choices which trip the necessary flags to potentially end the simulation. Maybe it's some sort of raising project?

The "for sure, I'm the only one" would make sense if all girls connect back to Ai, furthering the yandere theory. Additionally, saying that they're the only one *because* they found Ai is quite something. I just can't wrap my head around this right now, I feel like I'm about to discover something even crazier.
Nov 24, 2022 9:23 PM
Jun 2021
FutureMeat said:
I'm either really dumb or really smart for what I'm about to say:

I was looking at the ending theme and noticed that these were the words on screen:

それはどんなカタチでも (sore wa donna katachi demo)
正解は自分次第 (seikai wa jibun shita)

Which I believe would translate to:

No matter what form it takes
The correct answer depends on you
For sure, I'm the only one
Because I found love

However, the last line uses the katakana (アイ) for love instead of the kanji for it (恋). Since katakana is usually used for names, a different interpretation of the last line of the ending theme could be "Because I found Ai".

Since each girl started singing the ending theme after the flashback with Ai in it, it could be that they connected (back to(?)) Ai after having their moments with Asahi.

"No matter what form it takes, the correct answer depends on you". So if this were a visual novel, Asahi is making choices which trip the necessary flags to potentially end the simulation. Maybe it's some sort of raising project?

The "for sure, I'm the only one" would make sense if all girls connect back to Ai, furthering the yandere theory. Additionally, saying that they're the only one *because* they found Ai is quite something. I just can't wrap my head around this right now, I feel like I'm about to discover something even crazier.
yeah agree with your kanji and katakana part even I understand that
Nov 24, 2022 9:53 PM
Mar 2017
akumaenjeru said:
Kurisu53 said:

There might be. According to official website: Asahi AND Aoi are Libra, Amelia AND Yoshio (blonde male friend) are Aries, Ilya is Virgo (lol), Mongfa is Scorpio, Karin is Aquarius.
There seems to be some importance to the 12th (as in date). According to rabbit's thingy in ep 1 it's April 12, the alarm clock briefly glitches out to September 12, and anime started airing on October 12.

The bit with dates is really interesting. Also the potential importance of Yoshio. I knew that it was possible he has some significance, but I never really paid attention to him. Now, after your research findings, I do think that it is a bit odd. Yoshio was the one in episode 1 during the locker room scene to mention, "...or realizing the world is a video game," which was one of the most direct hints given. Coupled with his incredible knowledge of everyone... I need to start paying attention to this guy some more.

Also, was that a DDLC reference? Lmao.

EDIT: Thinking about it, aside from Mongfa and Karin, it's interesting how the zodiacs line up with the dates 4/12, 9/12, and 10/12...

You were so right they had to remove him LMAO
Nov 25, 2022 3:59 PM
Dec 2020
AniStrawberry said:
FutureMeat said:

MAL isn't a perfect database. The people who added it to the database likely just didn't know that there's going to be a twist soon (considering nobody actually knows).

As for the contents of today's episode, Mongfa's flashback seemed to imply that she and Asahi were the same age at one point, so the split identity theory seems to be gaining a bit more weight.

How could Mongfa be the same age? She is an adult and Asahi is a teenager

Ever watched RahXephon?
There's already precedent to do weird stuff with time & ages.
Nov 28, 2022 5:09 PM
May 2021
FutureMeat said:
There has to be a twist. There just has to be. Passione knows that there's going to be something to redeem this show aside from ecchi, which is why they toned it down. I refuse to believe that the guy who wrote Happy Sugar Life and Chaos;Child went on to write the most generic harem in existence.

As for the manga being pure ecchi, I presume it's to throw people off about the shows true intentions, much like with how the cover art went from the girls sitting on a staircase to them just existing.

Theory 1: There's a war between Japan, China, America, Germany, and (the other country I'm forgetting)

Theory 2: MC has amnesia and forgot about the actual important things going on in his life (like maybe the war)

Obviously he couldn't remember the name of his classmate

Theory 3: Yellow haired kid is the mastermind.

When they were in the locker room, he mentioned life needing thrills, so it's possible that he's placing these women into the MCs harem for some malicious reason. With how futuristic this anime is, it's likely going to turn dystopian.

Theory 4: There's a time loop.

Also with the line at the end: "someone once said 'that just like every beginning leads to an ending, every meeting leads to a parting'" something big is coming.

Well well well...you were at least partly right.
Nov 29, 2022 12:21 AM

May 2018
FutureMeat said:

It sounds weird because the translation is a bit off. I believe it should be like this: 1) "の" can either be sentence-ending or indicating posession. I'm absolutely sure it's the latter so ワタシだけのアイ (watashi dake no ai) is either "love that's only mine" or "Ai that's only mine". 2) 見つける isn't in past tense (would be mitsuketa), it's likely future.
So the whole sentence is something like "No matter what form it takes, the correct answer is up to oneself [likely "you"], because I'll find my own love/Ai for sure".
You're right about katakana, it's often used to emphasize some words and/or imply they have some hidden meaning. In this part such words are katachi (form, shape), watashi (me) and ai (love/Ai).
Nov 29, 2022 2:30 PM

Feb 2018
Kurisu53 said:
FutureMeat said:

It sounds weird because the translation is a bit off. I believe it should be like this: 1) "の" can either be sentence-ending or indicating posession. I'm absolutely sure it's the latter so ワタシだけのアイ (watashi dake no ai) is either "love that's only mine" or "Ai that's only mine". 2) 見つける isn't in past tense (would be mitsuketa), it's likely future.
So the whole sentence is something like "No matter what form it takes, the correct answer is up to oneself [likely "you"], because I'll find my own love/Ai for sure".
You're right about katakana, it's often used to emphasize some words and/or imply they have some hidden meaning. In this part such words are katachi (form, shape), watashi (me) and ai (love/Ai).

Right, I was tired at the time and forgot that 見つけた would be past tense, instead of 見つける.

Can't wait to see what tomorrow's episode brings.
Nov 30, 2022 2:08 PM

Feb 2018
loneguitar66 said:
Now that EP 3 dropped I’m gonna put forth an alternative:

Schizo/Split Theory

It doesn’t make sense that multiple girls have similar childhood flashbacks with our MC UNLESS they’re actually all based off the same person.

You were absolutely right.

Phenomenal episode, Asahi having a breakdown at the graveyard just proved that I was right all along. I can't even put into words how excited I am for these last four episodes.
Nov 30, 2022 2:58 PM
Mar 2015
FutureMeat said:
loneguitar66 said:
Now that EP 3 dropped I’m gonna put forth an alternative:

Schizo/Split Theory

It doesn’t make sense that multiple girls have similar childhood flashbacks with our MC UNLESS they’re actually all based off the same person.

You were absolutely right.

Phenomenal episode, Asahi having a breakdown at the graveyard just proved that I was right all along. I can't even put into words how excited I am for these last four episodes.

Man we were both right on the money! I actually screamed out loud a few times I was so happy. I’m glad we got more episodes, but I’d be content if it ended right here.
Cheers and congrats my dude!
Dec 1, 2022 8:32 AM
Oct 2022
I really wasn't expecting Yoshio to be the researcher. But now it makes sense. Also, Just Aoi.
Dec 7, 2022 12:54 PM

Feb 2018
Asahi destroying the A.I. would make for a pretty satisfying conclusion to this show. Also Asahi has like no reason to want to save the 5 girls, since all they'll do is keep him in a fantasy world which he (hopefully) doesn't want to live in
Dec 8, 2022 1:29 AM
Jan 2022
AkeZZZ said:
Theory 5: It is some kind of a simulator or an experiment in which the MC joined without noticing or unwillingly participated. He could be like a lab rat as well.
Or plot twist of the plot twist, there is nothing hiding behind. It's just a normal romcom anime. We're thinking too much. 🤣🤣

wow. how did you get that from the first episode.
Dec 9, 2022 8:47 AM

Dec 2010
Joban2512 said:
AkeZZZ said:
Theory 5: It is some kind of a simulator or an experiment in which the MC joined without noticing or unwillingly participated. He could be like a lab rat as well.
Or plot twist of the plot twist, there is nothing hiding behind. It's just a normal romcom anime. We're thinking too much. 🤣🤣

wow. how did you get that from the first episode.

Danganronpa
Dec 14, 2022 11:40 AM

Feb 2018
I made a severe and continuous lapse in my judgement, and I don’t expect to be forgiven. I’m simply here to apologize.

What we came across in this episode of Renai Flops was obviously unplanned. The events you saw on tape were raw; they were unfiltered. None of us knew how to react or how to feel. I should have never over-theorized. I should have put my keyboard down and stopped typing my theories.
Dec 14, 2022 12:02 PM

Jan 2021
FutureMeat said:
I made a severe and continuous lapse in my judgement, and I don’t expect to be forgiven. I’m simply here to apologize.

What we came across in this episode of Renai Flops was obviously unplanned. The events you saw on tape were raw; they were unfiltered. None of us knew how to react or how to feel. I should have never over-theorized. I should have put my keyboard down and stopped typing my theories.

I don't know if I should have understood this from just reading the comment, but you say this as something good or something bad?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Nov 30, 2022

181 by artturisi »»
May 30, 6:16 PM

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Dec 28, 2022

161 by araa987 »»
May 16, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 23, 2022

125 by qintaku10 »»
Apr 27, 4:10 AM

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 7, 2022

43 by qintaku10 »»
Apr 27, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 16, 2022

115 by qintaku10 »»
Apr 27, 4:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.