Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 9, 2022 6:50 AM
Mar 2021
daywithoutgames said:
i did read the manga , and i just heard the news about an anime adaption .

my current opinions :

Recipes for failure ? :

- black-and-white anime ? what is this ? the 1960s ? we are currently in the 2020s . no colors because this anime has low budget ?

- only 4 episodes ? not 14 episodes ? because this anime has low budget ? and can 4 episodes faithfully adapt 3 volumes of manga ?

- it was announced in 2019 , and is delayed to 2022 .

- it is produced by Production I.G USA , aka P.I.G. USA , lol .

- it is directed by Hiroshi Nagahama , the guys who directed the infamous The Flowers of Evil anime , lol . he likes to try new unique things , but some times , new unique things dont equal good quality .

- this is a horror anime .

- nowadays , main-stream anime-watchers dont like horror , they mostly like colorful anime-s with some themes like : isekai , harem , over-powered , hack , cheat , action , comedy , ecchi , cute girls , etc etc .

making it black and white us a director's choice not because they ran out of budget
Aug 7, 2022 5:25 PM
Jan 2022
1. We’ve had Ito Junji collection that failed from colors. Since Ito Junji art is what really makes his story’s good. So that’s one thing out of the way.
2. Covid happened. That delayed many anime. Not just this. Also it’s not a long story. So no shit only 4 episodes
Aug 7, 2022 5:28 PM
#borntoboil

Jan 2021
>black and white
>bad

Seethe
is it really worf to put things in here like nobody reads these

discord ~ ganjimex

Aug 10, 2022 10:54 PM
Nov 2019
Tbh I found the fact that it's gonna be B/W interesting, I think that this might be a good choice to create the atmosphere. I honestly think this might turn out to be quite a good adaptation, considering that the production team is taking their time and not rushing things.
Aug 24, 2022 11:52 AM
Aug 2022
It’s a mini series, of course it isn’t going to have 14 episodes. Also to say it’s gonna be bad and low budget because it’s in black and white is ridiculous, it’s a stylistic choice that I think fits the atmosphere of Uzumaki perfectly. Will they adapt every single thing that happened in the manga? Probably not, but I definitely would not say this is a recipe for disaster. Looks leagues better than the horrendous anime adaptions of the other junji ito stories
Aug 27, 2022 1:58 AM
Aug 2021
There are reasons to be tentative, but I actually really like that it’s in black and white. Give them no excuse but to essentially use his manga panels as storyboards. I just hope they capture the feel of this town. Creepy. A linger feeling. And the ending. Cosmic horror at its finest. I want this to feel like the shining. Almost hard to watch.

My biggest fear is that they skip some stories or it feels cheap. The episode count it disappointing. This is a manga I feel like could do a 1 to 1
Sep 9, 2022 5:50 PM
Aug 2020
bruh just bruh
touch some grass dude
Sep 20, 2022 12:06 PM

Feb 2021
Let's pray that all these delays won't affect the final product!
Sep 27, 2022 12:41 PM
Dec 2020
For sure, black and white is a sure sign this is going to be a disaster. Anyone remembers those terrible black and white movies: Sin City, Roma, The Artist, Schindler's List, Pi, or The Lighthouse? They were all complete disasters. None of them won any awards or became cult classics or anything, right? Right?

/s
Oct 4, 2022 1:53 PM

Feb 2021
They will skip chapters in adaptation, why even watch it then? Horrible!
Oct 23, 2022 3:09 PM

Dec 2021
Yeah, I don't have high hopes for this, but it could be a good reinterpretation and removing certain chapters might make this a bit tighter and flow better as a narrative. I recall Uzumaki being fairly episodic and certain parts were maybe a little silly. The only real hope I have is that it's interesting to see how this will work out with b&w, and I think the director is pretty good. Might be a surprise, but it's probably either going to be trash or a 5/10...
Oct 25, 2022 1:48 PM

Feb 2021
Gsarthotegga said:
Yeah, I don't have high hopes for this, but it could be a good reinterpretation and removing certain chapters might make this a bit tighter and flow better as a narrative. I recall Uzumaki being fairly episodic and certain parts were maybe a little silly. The only real hope I have is that it's interesting to see how this will work out with b&w, and I think the director is pretty good. Might be a surprise, but it's probably either going to be trash or a 5/10...

All studio's budget went to Fushi.
Dec 5, 2022 12:47 AM
Feb 2021
I knew anime fans are dumb but this is next level,this is just embarrassing
Dec 5, 2022 1:22 AM

Sep 2021
be honest now, how many of you took this post seriously
Dec 19, 2022 3:28 PM

Jan 2017
“Announced in 2019 and delayed”

Gee I wonder if there was any once-in-a-century major world event that happened since the end of 2019 that could’ve caused it to be delayed??
Jan 27, 2023 11:06 AM
Feb 2018
bruuuuhhhhhhh...
Feb 14, 2023 10:46 PM
Aug 2019
no, it's the recipe for avoiding normies 
Feb 15, 2023 11:09 AM

Feb 2022
I just hope all or some of the episodes are double-length. Four 24 minute episodes just doesn't sound like enough, they would have to rush and cut tons of stuff.

Jun 29, 2023 6:25 AM
Apr 2022
You seem like searching to search for every little thing that may be that could make it look bad and it hasn’t even started airing yet.
Mother Teresa once said that if you judge people you won’t have time to like them. Maybe this goes also for other things. So wait till it’s out and then make your statement. Give it a chance, even if it may fail in the end.
Jul 1, 2023 6:58 PM
Feb 2016
damn you guys fell hard for this bait lol
Jul 5, 2023 1:46 PM
Oct 2022
an excellent troll bait, I have to congratulate you because reading it I still got annoyed and I almost believed it
Jul 5, 2023 1:50 PM
Oct 2022
bacontrarian said:
damn you guys fell hard for this bait lol

the ugly truth is that there are people who seriously have these thoughts
Jul 26, 2023 9:24 AM

Dec 2018
One of the shittest Take ever.
Jul 26, 2023 10:01 AM
Jul 2018
OP you mentally slow or what? GAWDD
Jul 26, 2023 5:59 PM
Apr 2022
Yeah so this thread is hilarious. It’s so enjoyable to see people think that anime budget matters. Well the new pv should’ve proven everyone wrong by now, this adaptation has quite a lot of potential
Jul 26, 2023 9:05 PM
Apr 2016
just want to up this thread and make OP embarassed for life
Oct 3, 2023 12:23 PM
Jan 2021
Man u made it as Black & White sound like the most terrible idea ever exist.. if the direction, storyboarding, and animation is on point i think the anime is going to be great.
Oct 23, 2023 9:39 AM

Sep 2016
Recipe for failure success:

- monochrome to make it distinct from other modern anime.

- 4 episodes to make it more accessible.

- delayed by 4 years because good things take time.

- produced in the US for the highest possible animation quality.

- directed by Hiroshi Nagahama, the Director of Mushishi, a highly acclaimed Anime from beginning to end.

- horror genre because only true masters can make a good horror film.

- trying to appeal to side-stream anime-watchers because the main-stream is already stodged with other stuff.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Oct 27, 2023 5:16 AM

Aug 2020
this post is embarrassing. Have you grown up yet
Dec 15, 2023 12:37 AM
Apr 2020
haku no hana was not a bad adaptation, at least according to whoever, perhaps strange, but not bad, and the fact that it is black and white seems almost positive to me.

About the terror, you are right, but as with the rest, it will have to be given a chance. It may surprise you, or maybe not.
Feb 3, 9:12 AM
Jul 2018
Reply to Marcille-Mizuki
Did this mf say it's a recipe for disaster and said the fact that it's in black and white is a bad thing? I'm fucking sorry? Honestly man Il think it'll be fine we just have to wait and see. Man I honestly can't tell if this is bait
@Marcille-Mizuki A Considerable amount of people not gonna watch it just because of it. Yes, I agree. It's stupid. you can have horror in colors. Just use the right color palette to portray horror.

If the aim is to make some kind of independent indie art, go ahead, but don't come back crying why your product failed to succeed commercially.
Feb 5, 5:26 AM
Aug 2023
Either this is bait or someone doesn't get what made uzumaki so good. One reason why it is black and white is to get it as close to Juni It'os work as much as possible. In the past when people have diverged it just ended in disaster so I see black and white and sticking to the source material as promising. Plus by recreating each panel shot by shot just with moving characters, IMO gives this a more creepy, uncanny valley esque vibe to it which is what Junji Ito's stories give.
Feb 10, 10:01 PM

Jul 2021
today , im bored , so i will reply in my topic .

where is the anime now ? when it will be released ? 2025 ? 2026 ?

the anime is not out yet , so it is not a success . so it is a failure ?

im starting to think that the anime is just a money-laundering scheme of some peoples .

Hello everyone , please check out and subscribe to my youtube channel , DayWithoutAnime 2.0 DayWithoutGame , that has many meme , funny anime / manga videos , thank you :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFNBo_02wOQwRJ4HXlzC9dw
Feb 11, 5:05 PM
Jul 2020
Reply to daywithoutgames
today , im bored , so i will reply in my topic .

where is the anime now ? when it will be released ? 2025 ? 2026 ?

the anime is not out yet , so it is not a success . so it is a failure ?

im starting to think that the anime is just a money-laundering scheme of some peoples .
@daywithoutgames For this to be a money-laundering scheme, it would need to be available as a product first, which it isn't lmao
This would be one of the worst-performed scams ever
Feb 16, 10:20 AM

Mar 2018
Reply to removed-user
@Marcille-Mizuki A Considerable amount of people not gonna watch it just because of it. Yes, I agree. It's stupid. you can have horror in colors. Just use the right color palette to portray horror.

If the aim is to make some kind of independent indie art, go ahead, but don't come back crying why your product failed to succeed commercially.
@Pimpi05 So you think it being black & white will fail the project? But being out of the norm on one aspect doesn't preclude something from becoming popular if it has the ingredients needed on most other aspects. From that, would you say Uzumaki isn't going to be solid on most other aspects?

I don't think they're going to 'come back' crying about their product failing, whether it fails, or not, so you don't have to tell them not to. Rather, you're not even talking to them, you're talking to a myanimelist forum user.
Mar 11, 7:15 AM
Jul 2018
Reply to hypergoob
@Pimpi05 So you think it being black & white will fail the project? But being out of the norm on one aspect doesn't preclude something from becoming popular if it has the ingredients needed on most other aspects. From that, would you say Uzumaki isn't going to be solid on most other aspects?

I don't think they're going to 'come back' crying about their product failing, whether it fails, or not, so you don't have to tell them not to. Rather, you're not even talking to them, you're talking to a myanimelist forum user.
@hypergoob blablabla let's be honest. Like most of this author's mangas, this anime will be 6-7/10 MAL anime.
Studio Akatsuki has only made 1 good anime. All their other production is crap.
Mar 11, 7:26 AM

Mar 2018
Reply to removed-user
@hypergoob blablabla let's be honest. Like most of this author's mangas, this anime will be 6-7/10 MAL anime.
Studio Akatsuki has only made 1 good anime. All their other production is crap.
@Pimpi05 Quiet down now, little guy. Let's wait, and see before we make such strong judgements on it's quality.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Any news when it gonna release?

Otaku_Agent008 - Mar 15

20 by hypergoob »»
May 22, 11:38 AM

» Will Uzumaki revolutionize the anime industry? ( 1 2 3 )

Kanalense - Aug 26, 2023

133 by hypergoob »»
May 22, 11:23 AM

» WHEN?!

monke_guy - Jan 6, 2023

39 by monke_guy »»
Apr 1, 7:01 AM

Poll: » The 2023 tag removed !!! The wait isn't going to end

the_nitrostorm - Dec 10, 2023

33 by Garvinator »»
Jan 31, 4:24 AM

» Will this get delayed again this year too?

Raibyou - Sep 23, 2023

14 by shipkaa »»
Dec 23, 2023 6:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.