Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jan 24, 2021 2:29 PM
Jan 2021
maiawatchesanime said:
HOHENHEIM IS A DICK

the first time he sees his son in so long and the first thing he does is berate him? nah he can gtfo

but wow what a reveal! it was never really their mother they transmuted, i wonder who/what it was??? also the voice actor for ed is insanely good

Right! Walked out on his kids and still acts like he should hold some authority over them. I'm pretty sure he gets better (idk though) but this was definitely not a good first impression :/
“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.” ― Albert Einstein
Jun 29, 2021 12:31 AM

Jun 2021
this episode is absolutely outstanding.so many mysteries are unsolved. edward brothers are going to solve and recover their bodies. this episode gave horrifying and suspenseful vibes.

• the meaning weeb and otaku looks similar to me.
wizardevJun 29, 2021 12:35 AM
Dec 8, 2021 10:39 AM
Nov 2020
The last few scenes always gets me, hearing Al and Izumi cry in relief at not being the ones to kill their loved ones a second time.
Feb 23, 2022 7:08 PM

Feb 2021
well shit, this ep undermines everything tragic and meaningful about their past, and to make things worse it actually ended up helping them. It's like this story is making itself so damn plot convenient because it for some reason refuses to have its main characters develop

Ed and Al can fucking die for all I care, they're basically just annoying mary sues at this point
May 7, 2022 3:57 AM
Apr 2022
An unhappy Edward overhears a conversation
Hohenheim has with Pinako about whether or not the corpse that the Elric brothers had attempted to transmute was actually his mother. Hohenheim leaves the next day, warning Pinako that something horrible will happen in this country.
Alphonse explains to Ling the circumstances of his body, and Winry is appalled when Ling doesn't care about the consequences of Alphonse's body.
Determined to find the true answer, Edward and
Pinako dig up the corpse of the failed transmutation during a downpour, though Edward keeps retching at the thought. When the body has been unearthed, he realizes it was not their mother that they transmuted. Edward then calls
Izumi and asks about the legitimacy of her human transmutation, but she does not answer.
Edward returns to Central and reunites with
Alphonse and Winry, reassuring them of the possibility of restoring Alphonse's body. Izumi calls Edward back, saying she had the same results as him, which confirms his suspicions of the possibility, but not of reviving what has been deceased. Edward, Alphonse, and lzumi feel a sense of relief that they had not killed their loved ones a second time. The Elric brothers reaffm their resolve to return Alphonse to his original body. (Source: Wikinedia)
Jul 30, 2022 5:50 PM

Aug 2019
Sorry but this episode was so damn awful; the fact that 66% of people rated it as a 5/5 is asinine to me. Only the first 3 minutes or so were actually good, but the episode completely feel off the tracks when the digging subplot happened. There was way too much angst that didn't need to happen and it just dragged on for the rest of the episode.

In particular Winry's scenes were a damn chore to sit through; she is the absolute worst character in the series. It boggles my mind that a series written by a woman that has so many amazing and strong female characters like Riza, Izumi, May and Olivier also gave us one of the worst female characters in all of anime.
Oct 10, 2022 12:49 PM
Oct 2022
eh işte fazla hype
Oct 15, 2022 2:14 AM
Oct 2022
Pretty good episode
Followed the manga mostly .
removed two or three things I wished they would have added , but oh well.
Either way , this was mostly a " how and why " episode.
Showed why and how the brother came to be how they are.
with Ed seeing the Truth .
then Roy meeting the brothers
Ed vowing to take 1 year to recover and him consequently being able to transmute without Circles thanks to him having seen "IT" ( and Al not remembering).
And finally Ed's Exam to become a state alchemist , where he promtly attacked Bradly who told him he still doesn't know the world xD.
Thus showing how the fuhrur gave Ed an "ironic" name : the FullMetal Alchemist.

Next week , they goin' to Liore/Reole ~

oh , and the score was pretty darn awesome. Akira Senju delivers !!
Oct 16, 2022 12:21 AM
Jun 2022
--------------------
Apr 16, 2023 3:16 PM

Jan 2015
broad shouldersssss
May 14, 2023 3:43 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Mmmm broad shoulderssss

MAL was hacked for the past couple of days so I couldn't post anything here, but let me just say that these past episodes with the whole Ross incident have been so good.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 12, 2023 6:20 PM

Mar 2022
God Hohenheim was intense and the first thing he does upon seeing Ed for the first time in years after leaving him and Al is to basically berate him. Lovely parenting right there and then warn Pinako about something terrible happening before waltzing off to who knows where. Now it looks like the brothers can’t bring back their mother from the dead after all because it’s apparently impossible to do since…well she’s already dead.
That nightmare with Shou Tucker and the Truth was pretty creepy stuff there. The scene with Ed digging up the grave was very well done I thought.
I really feel for Al, the poor kid’s been through a lot and now we have learnt that he gets creepy thoughts at times, he can’t sleep or eat at all because he’s just a suit of armour. It’s very disheartening.
Great episode all around I’d say.
Aug 5, 2023 10:50 PM

Oct 2020
So they're just gonna try to open that gate in the lab? 
It feels like they're about to fight the final boss but we're only on episode 20 so I'm not sure how this is going to play out 
Aug 31, 2023 6:00 AM
Jan 2022
Another gut wrenching episode from our homies over on the full metal alchemist podcast!

WOW
Nov 5, 2023 9:39 AM
Jan 2020
MUITO INCRIVEL. AMEI DE NAO SER DE FATO A MAE DELES. NOTA 10
Apr 20, 10:29 PM
Apr 2024
Mustang awesome!!!
May 24, 11:17 AM
Apr 2024
Don't like Elric's father
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 56 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeviantKaos - May 9, 2010

208 by Ronin_4011 »»
Jun 2, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 55 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeviantKaos - May 2, 2010

232 by Ronin_4011 »»
Jun 2, 11:33 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 45 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 21, 2010

178 by DryAmeer »»
Jun 2, 5:24 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 46 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Feb 28, 2010

216 by Ronin_4011 »»
Jun 2, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

976 by iwakur4 »»
Jun 2, 1:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.